MLS 2021

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Playoffs start this weekend. I think Atlanta can can beat NYC, but running the entire playoffs on the road is not going to be easy. Atlanta vs NYC is 3pm Sunday. Playoffs are single elimination. Win or season is over.
I think I can actually watch the game this weekend and it will be the first chance I have to catch a full game live! I am glad Bello did not get called up, but I assume it is going to be rough with no Robinson.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Atlanta is not playing like they did in years past. They are playing really open which is producing goals, but they are vulnerable in transition until they get back and organized. I hate to say it but their play reminds me of Chelsea under Lampard. Some say it is entertaining, not so much for Atlanta fans that are used to seeing a solid team out there.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Atlanta is not playing like they did in years past. They are playing really open which is producing goals, but they are vulnerable in transition until they get back and organized. I hate to say it but their play reminds me of Chelsea under Lampard. Some say it is entertaining, not so much for Atlanta fans that are used to seeing a solid team out there.
Sad to hear. I used to catch almost every game when we lived in Birmingham as we got every game on Fox Sports South. and loved those teams under Tata. Games at MB were amazing as well. Going to try and catch more games next year if I can.

RedDribble

Supports
Dortmund, Barcelona
Historic season for the Rapids who finished first in the west! Unfortunately, I'll be traveling for their opening playoff match which will be held on Thanksgiving day.
I'm going to be watching that match :-D

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Good News for Atlanta

Two important players resumed training with Atlanta United as it prepares for Sunday’s MLS playoff game at NYCFC.
Marcelino Moreno, a versatile midfielder, and Santiago Sosa, a defensive midfielder, trained with the team Wednesday.
“They look great,” fullback Brooks Lennon said. “It’s great to have them back in the training sessions with us preparing for Sunday.”

Moreno has nine goals and five assists in 32 appearances this season. He didn’t play in the season finale at Cincinnati on Nov. 7 because of a pain-tolerance issue related to a foot injury.
Sosa missed the past four games after sustaining an injury in a 1-1 draw against NYCFC at Mercedes-Benz Stadium. He has 25 appearances for the club this season.

“I think for both of them, there’s obviously a tough time being out,” goalkeeper Brad Guzan said. “But to have them back on the field is certainly a bonus for us.” Each are important because of their ability to play different positions, which gives manager Gonzalo Pineda flexibility with his formations and tactics.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
In other news, CF Montréal owner Joey Saputo's starting to butt heads with the club supporters over the rebranding that happened in the past season. Basically, many Montréal fans aren't supportive of the rebranding, and this was reiterated in a recent meeting between Joey Saputo and the Supporters' Association (ASUP; they represent all of the Montreal fans and supporters' groups). That meeting didn't really go well.
  • Joey Saputo will stick to the rebrand and not revisit it in the future.
  • Joey also threw some shade at ASUP and told them that they're too small to influence the club's direction.
  • Joey also threatened to sell the club and having it move to the U.S. if the general fanbase continues to be unhappy with the club's current direction.
ASUP also released a statement where they specified that the club will only continue to connect with them if they accept the club's new identity (which they won't). In response to ASUP's official statement, the club released their own official statement:

Let's see if Joey can stick to his word and keep the club in Montréal. At this rate, he's caring less and less about the club.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Why is the rebranding necessary?
This sums it up.

This was done by the president and CEO Kevin Gilmore, who was brought in by Joey before the start of this season. The fans were incredibly pissed off at the direction that he was taking the club, so he stepped down a few weeks back.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Atlanta playing much better defense and midfield. Final third has been terrible.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
What is this madness. A good chance all MLS teams advance to CONCACAF Champions League quarterfinals??

Watching Colorado playing in the snow against Comunicaciones. Tied on aggregate and Comuncaciones down a man.