MLS 2022/23

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
I am getting a little excited about Atlanta's chances. It is still early and the team needs to come together, but the core of the team is looking like it could come together. Thiago Almada looks like a good signing. Bringing in Ronaldo Cisneros on loan could be a good punt...that is really a wait and see. I am not sure Guzan has the agility needed as he looks all of 37 years old.. He is often rooted.

Going to be a fun season.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Thiago Almada seems like a coup for the MLS.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Costly win to be in 3rd and tied with 2nd on points. Alonso torn ACL. Rossetto hamstring. Josef getting his knee examined again.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Might as well convert this into an Atlanta Utd thread :lol:

That Thiago Almada debut goal was pretty sweet.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Almada looks to be a bright young player that will get stronger. He has his head up and charging at all times. Atlanta has had a busier start to the season than other teams. Seven games in and we have had 13 significant injuries, 4 season ending. You would think it is the artificial turf, but every injury has occured on grass at the training facility or away games.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Sounders first MLS team to win CONCACAF Champions League. Format changed 16 years ago from the week long tournament Champions Cup. Mexico has dominated for 16 years.

bosskeano

Seattle absolutely DOMINATED Pumas last night in the second leg winning 3-0

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Covid through all schedules off, but is this the year that Club World Cup expands to 24 teams?

Charrockero

Supports
Chivas de Guadalajara
Congrats to the MLS for finally winning against Liga MX after 16 years of Mexican dominance.

Hopefully Sounders will do a good representation of Concacaf in the Club World Cup.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
The worst offside call to wipe out a goal ever just happened to Nashville in their game against Atlanta. Horrendous call, no VAR

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Atlanta is cursed this year. There is no other explanation! Many of these injuries happened on their practice pitch which is grass.

Lay

The final is amazing. Bale just scored the equaliser to make it 3-3 in the 9th minute of injury time, in extra time.

Lay

Tello with a terrible penalty.

Lay

Philadelphia missed all their pens :lol:

Congrats LAFC.

Caius

Terrible finish to the game by Philly but cool to see Bale popping up with a big final goal for old times' sake

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
They did look better, until the penos.
What a story, LA keeper is injured and is sent off; the backup is a former Philly player that saved 2 penos in the shootout. You couldn’t write that: people wouldn’t believe it.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Each year I find some time to watch the MLS playoffs, and with each year I become more convinced: MLS playoff football is the most entertaining and rewarding football out there. Controversial I know, maybe sacriledge, but between the refs actually controlling things, players cheating much less rarely and ridiculous drama it really is true for me that MLS is just more fun than most European football.

It's more chaotic and less predictable.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
The final is amazing. Bale just scored the equaliser to make it 3-3 in the 9th minute of injury time, in extra time.
Bale has now played in 12 major finals, and scored in 6 of them.

Not bad.