MLS 2022/23

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Each year I find some time to watch the MLS playoffs, and with each year I become more convinced: MLS playoff football is the most entertaining and rewarding football out there. Controversial I know, maybe sacriledge, but between the refs actually controlling things, players cheating much less rarely and ridiculous drama it really is true for me that MLS is just more fun than most European football.

It's more chaotic and less predictable.
I’ll partially second that. It is totally a ton of fun, chaotic and unpredictable is exactly the way to describe it, and I thoroughly enjoy watching it. I am always acutely aware that the quality is pretty poor, but that feeds into the unpredictability and drama, because you don’t get the tactical shut outs you often see in big European games, and the propensity for a defensive howler is so much higher. Which just amps it up further. The goals today were full of howlers, as were the pens, but it made for brilliant entertainment.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Each year I find some time to watch the MLS playoffs, and with each year I become more convinced: MLS playoff football is the most entertaining and rewarding football out there. Controversial I know, maybe sacriledge, but between the refs actually controlling things, players cheating much less rarely and ridiculous drama it really is true for me that MLS is just more fun than most European football.

It's more chaotic and less predictable.
This was the first MLS game I think I've ever watched all the way through, but whilst it was a very exciting game, I don't feel like I saw less cheating. Everytime a player got a touch on the back, they went over and the referee bought it everytime. I'm sure Vela did it about 5 times, but they were all at it. It happens in the PL too but it felt much more noticeable in this game.

That said, it was still one of the most exciting games of football I've watched in ages.