MMM (Mason, Marcus, Martial) = BBC (Bale, Benzema, Cristiano)

meamth

:lol: Am I the only one that is bothered about the inconsistencies?

Mason Greenwood
Marcus Rashford
Anthony Martial

Gareth Bale
Karim Benzema
Cristiano
Ronaldo

what why?? it bothers me a lot... ocd?

MSN is the only right one because of brazilian's naming convention. Tbf, BBC is also right because of Portuguese's similar naming system but arguably CR's Ronaldo is more popular and commonly known than CR's Cristiano so it feels off.

MMM though...

I get the general purpose is to have a "catchy" buzzword.
Let's just call them 3M and be done with it..

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
:lol: Am I the only one that is bothered about the inconsistencies?

Mason Greenwood
Marcus Rashford
Anthony Martial

Gareth Bale
Karim Benzema
Cristiano
Ronaldo

what why?? it bothers me a lot... ocd?

MSN is the only right one because of brazilian's naming convention. Tbf, BBC is also right because of Portuguese's similar naming system but arguably CR's Ronaldo is more popular and commonly known than CR's Cristiano so it feels off.

MMM though...

I get the general purpose is to have a "catchy" buzzword.
M And M

Marcus- Anthony - Mason

Gives you the perfect balance of how they play as well with Martial almost as a false 9/supportive striker providing two clinical strikers on the left and right hand side in more deeper areas first.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
It’s a bit odd since Bale, Ronaldo and Benzema were an attacking unit that gelled and played together every week. With ours, we hardly ever have all three of them on the same pitch at once.

Plus I know he’s been injured, but 16 goals for your main centre forward isn’t too much to brag about is it?

Bondi77

It has potential but that is about it in this moment in time.

criticalanalysis

M And M

Marcus- Anthony - Mason

Gives you the perfect balance of how they play as well with Martial almost as a false 9/supportive striker providing two clinical strikers on the left and right hand side in more deeper areas first.
Eminem?!

forevrared

Plus I know he’s been injured, but 16 goals for your main centre forward isn’t too much to brag about is it?
He scored 16 goals in 20 games until his injury worsened - meaning all those goals were scored while playing hurt. That's enough for any player on the planet to brag about.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
M And M

Marcus- Anthony - Mason

Mam?

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
He scored 16 goals in 20 games until his injury worsened - meaning all those goals were scored while playing hurt. That's enough for any player on the planet to brag about.
Did he actually? Sorry but that sounds unlikely. Do you have a source for that?

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
M And M

Marcus- Anthony - Mason

Scene: the Manciest Manc behind you in the stretford end or the Abercromby shouting “gowan MAM, fecking do em”

Bebestation

Eminem is nice headline to go through.

M&M chocolates with M And M is one I was thinking off with Martial inbetween marcus and Mason - how he kinds of hides to finds space to find areas to support the wider strikers as a false 9 striker bringing both together.

MAM as a motherly essence an focusing on Martial's supportive game isnt too shabby either.

Bebestation

Actually what about the RMG Vehicle machine gun? Rashford, Martial, Greenwood?

forevrared

Did he actually? Sorry but that sounds unlikely. Do you have a source for that?
:houllier:

A source?! It's not like it's ancient history, it was this season! It just happened!

910/20/19H(12.)Liverpool (1.)1:1CF184'
1010/27/19A(14.)Norwich (19.)1:3LW1190'
1111/2/19A(7.)Bournemouth (9.)1:0LW90'
1211/10/19H(10.)Brighton (8.)3:1LW145'90'
1311/24/19A(7.)Sheffield Utd. (5.)3:3LW1190'
1412/1/19H(9.)Aston Villa (15.)2:2LW90'
1512/4/19H(9.)Spurs (5.)2:1LW290'
1612/7/19A(6.)Man City (3.)1:2LW190'
1712/15/19H(5.)Everton (14.)1:1LW90'
1812/22/19A(6.)Watford (20.)2:0LW90'
1912/26/19H(8.)Newcastle (9.)4:1LW163'
2012/28/19A(8.)Burnley (12.)0:2LW190'
211/1/20A(5.)Arsenal (12.)2:0LW90'
221/11/20H(5.)Norwich (20.)4:0LW259

There's the league goals from late October to early January -- 11 goals in 14 matches.

Fourth Round10/30/19AChelsea1:2CF280'
Quarter-Finals12/18/19HColchester Utd.3:0LW1162'
Semi-Finals 1st Leg1/7/20HMan City1:3LW190'

EFL cup during the same stretch --- 4 goals in 3 matches.

group L10/24/19APartizan0:1LW30'
group L11/7/19HPartizan3:0LW167'

Europa League during that stretch -- 1 goal in 2 matches.

Third Round1/4/20AWolves0:0LW20'
Third Round Replay1/15/20HWolves1:0LW16'

FA Cup -- 0 goals in 2 matches (36 combined minutes, including the game he was injured).

Let me know if you need help with your maths.

KennyBurner

It’s a bit odd since Bale, Ronaldo and Benzema were an attacking unit that gelled and played together every week. With ours, we hardly ever have all three of them on the same pitch at once.

it is enough considering like you said he has been injured and we arent even close to the end of the season.

KennyBurner

if we were to add Sancho this season this is what our attacking goal scoring rate for 19/20 season would look like compared to liverpools attackers

Sancho - 0.75
Martial - 0.53
Rashford - 0.43

Mane - 0.60
Salah - 0.52
Firmino - 0.30

In case we want to discredit the German league, Mane's average there was 0.58 and Firmino's was 0.33. We would have the better attacking trident :). Please sign the kid already.

He'sRaldo

if we were to add Sancho this season this is what our attacking goal scoring rate for 19/20 season would look like compared to liverpools attackers

Sancho - 0.75
Martial - 0.53
Rashford - 0.43

Mane - 0.60
Salah - 0.52
Firmino - 0.30

In case we want to discredit the German league, Mane's average there was 0.58 and Firmino's was 0.33. We would have the better attacking trident :). Please sign the kid already.
Mane didn't play in Germany. Regardless, I think Sancho's goalscoring will depend on where he's played should we get him.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

Sancho - 0.75
Martial - 0.53
Rashford - 0.43

Mane - 0.60
Salah - 0.52
Firmino - 0.30

Mane played in Austria for Salzburg, not Germany :smirk:

Rolaholic

This kid is simply ridiculous :houllier::houllier:

Eagerly awaiting the next chance we get to watch him play again.

Bless our academy staff for helping produce homegrown gems like him and Marcus over the last few years

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I feel like every time this 3 play together we score 3 goals minimum.

romufc

I feel like every time this 3 play together we score 3 goals minimum.
That's what happens when quality players play together.

I know Mason wasnt amazing last night but his ball retention was so impressive. Unlike James, when in tight areas he keeps the ball so well and finds the right pass. That is why we score more goals, keep the ball, keep passing, create space.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

I know Mason wasnt amazing last night but his ball retention was so impressive. Unlike James, when in tight areas he keeps the ball so well and finds the right pass. That is why we score more goals, keep the ball, keep passing, create space.
Yeah I thought he played fine tbh. He's 18 we have to remember and he's still learning a new position and mens football in general.

What's more important for me is when he has the ball he isn't wasteful and generally does something positive with it. His link up play is very good and he's able to make room for a shot whether by using a trick or fake shotting/moving the ball slightly to gain the angle.

Defensively he still needs a bit of work but what strikers usually are great at that? for me he should start the home games every time.

romufc

Yeah I thought he played fine tbh. He's 18 we have to remember and he's still learning a new position and mens football in general.

What's more important for me is when he has the ball he isn't wasteful and generally does something positive with it. His link up play is very good and he's able to make room for a shot whether by using a trick or fake shotting/moving the ball slightly to gain the angle.

Defensively he still needs a bit of work but what strikers usually are great at that? for me he should start the home games every time.
I agree, it is a very good time for him to get some experience. I felt yesterday, he felt he belonged in that team, he was shouting at Bruno / Martial for passes etc.

His link up play has always been there, now he has the players around him. Like you said, fake shotting and working an angle, makes it so hard for a defender when you have no idea which way he can go.

I will disagree, I think he should start every game, we are playing Brighton, Villa, Palace, West Ham... how many of those teams have great attacks? We need to win our games and Greenwood is the best option on the right at the moment.

KennyBurner

I said something similar in the greenwood thread. It also improves us defensively when a player like greenwood can hold intro he ball in our half under pressure without the need to clear it. He changes the whole dynamic for us because he can play much narrower than dan James. If Ole is serious about us being dominant he ha to put more faith in starting Greenwood over James.

romufc

I said something similar in the greenwood thread. It also improves us defensively when a player like greenwood can hold intro he ball in our half under pressure without the need to clear it. He changes the whole dynamic for us because he can play much narrower than dan James. If Ole is serious about us being dominant he ha to put more faith in starting Greenwood over James.
yep. James used to give the ball away when 2/3 defenders pressured him. Greenwood has the ability to go past players of play a simple pass. I just feel the attack looks balanced when we play him.

James is good if we play Chelsea, City, Liverpool, when teams come at us and he has plenty of space. We have to pick and chose which game he plays in. He is perfect to bring on if we are 1, 2 up in games and teams are chasing the goal because he will press and run in behind.

MalcolmTucker

Yep, there was a moment yesterday where he received the ball underpressure with his back to goal and he popped a lovely ball I didn't even see to Matic I think. James definitely wouldn't have played that pass and probably would have lost the ball in that situation.

Stacks

yep. James used to give the ball away when 2/3 defenders pressured him. Greenwood has the ability to go past players of play a simple pass. I just feel the attack looks balanced when we play him.

James is good if we play Chelsea, City, Liverpool, when teams come at us and he has plenty of space. We have to pick and chose which game he plays in. He is perfect to bring on if we are 1, 2 up in games and teams are chasing the goal because he will press and run in behind.
Yep, there was a moment yesterday where he received the ball underpressure with his back to goal and he popped a lovely ball I didn't even see to Matic I think. James definitely wouldn't have played that pass and probably would have lost the ball in that situation.
It's interesting because we spend money on guys like Sanchez, Depay and James yet we can have kids from our academy who are just better.

Raw

It's interesting because we spend money on guys like Sanchez, Depay and James yet we can have kids from our academy who are just better.
Most of the time it's simply because they care more. Even when they don't score or assist, 99% of the time they've still had a good game.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Fecking hell, do we have to talk shit about James in order to make Greenwood look good?

He’s great on his own merits.

DoomSlayer

Fecking hell, do we have to talk shit about James in order to make Greenwood look good?

He’s great on his own merits.
This is what our current fanbase has become. I see it with a lot of our main players - comparing Bruno and Pogba constantly on social media, fanboys sticking up only for their guy, but the worst is the Martial vs Rashford thing. Some of those fanboys act absolutely vile and make it as if 2 of our best players play for opposing teams. :houllier:

UnrelatedPsuedo

It’s insane. I’ve never heard a City fan talk shit about Silva to elevate Foden.

Maybe it’s happening I guess. But it’s silly.

Lynty

Can anyone talk shit about Silva?

Pretty sure you'd find them shit talking Jesus Navas and Nolito at the time though.

UnrelatedPsuedo

Can anyone talk shit about Silva?

Pretty sure you'd find them shit talking Jesus Navas and Nolito at the time though.
What can I tell ya? They only have one youth product. I couldn’t compare Foden to a full back or whatever.

Regardless of that you get my point. Don’t lower the bar, raise it.