MMM (Mason, Marcus, Martial) = BBC (Bale, Benzema, Cristiano)

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Its not disrespect for fecks sake. It's an opinion on his footballing ability. This is Rashfords 5th year in the prem and greenwoods first. Rashford is not complete garbage as a footballer obviously. His finishing is average, his touch is average, his game sense is average. I could go on. How many goals does he have this season if you remove pens? I understand united fans have latched on to him as the number one representative of this version of manchester united. He's a local lad and by all accounts a good kid. He's scored some important goals for us. But he's worse than pretty much any forward that starts regularly for a top club. If your argument is tricks and free kick goals bring out the stats. Let's dissect Rashfords game. I doubt you want that though.
This crap that his penalties are helping his statistics needs to end! He's 7 goals from penalties this season. And I can recall him winning atleast 4 pens this season - Chelsea, Leicester, City and Spurs and I'm pretty sure that I might be missing one or two more pens.
If you're that fast and skillful, you're going to draw more fouls and score more penalties - it's not rocket science. Holding the penalty record him is an illogical thing because you're punishing the player who drew the foul here. I get it if you prefer Martial over Rashy (I like to think that the gap between them is lesser than most on here think but that's because I rate Martial pretty highly), but to say that strikers like Tammy are better than him is a shit thing.
Rashy's record vs Big5+Leicester this season goes something like this:

Scored 2 vs Chelsea in PL, 2 vs them in LC, 1 vs Leicester, 1 vs Pool, 1 vs City, 2 vs Spurs, 1 vs City in LC - That's 10 goals out pf 20 that he's scored this season vs big clubs. A player with poor finishing, touch and game sense won't have these numbers!

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Rashford is 22. He's coming along nicely. Unfortunately, he got a bad injury but we've seen even when he's not 100% he's still created and was unlucky not to get two yesterday. He he scored 20 goals a season over the next 10 seasons ...I think we can be happy but he has the potential to do more then that. And thankfully we don't have to compare him to Martial to Greenwood....

Djemba-Djemba

The disrespect to Rashford shown by some posters on here is infuriating.

He was by far our player of the season before his injury, he's come back a little slowly but he's not been bad.

He got his first goal yesterday and I expect to push on now for the rest of the season, when it's the big game Rashford always rises to the occasion.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Why the need to criticise Rashford ? He’s been immense this season. It would be awesome to see all three hit form on the same day, but there’s enough goals, skill, movement etc in these three players to score 70 goals next season.

podurban2

Imagine bashing Rashford.. He has been our stand-out player this season and our most consistent player (bar Bruno). There is literally nothing to complain about, yet people find reasons to?

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Ffs, just enjoy the fact we have such an amazing young attacking trio. I am just enjoying watching these players currently, interchanging movement and fluidity is fun to watch.

Sancho is of course a welcome transfer, but at least I am not that concerned if we get priced out of it now.
Pretty much my stance.

It'd be nice if we were to get Sancho but I wouldn't be that bummed if we can't get him, at least not anymore.

If we get priced out of Sancho I'd say get Grealish to add to our team.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/53294743

Apologies if this has been shared.

Still think we need to add one more to that trio because Mason is only 18 and will go through a rough patch. Rashy and Martial still can have inconsistent moments. James is not good enough technically to replace any of the front three

Any one of Sancho, Chiesa, Osimhem would fit in nicely.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Because this just doesn't strike me as winning mentality. We're meant to say we're not interested in Sancho as it might hinder the development of what's already here, sorry but that just makes no sense to me. There will be plenty of games, plenty of injuries. None of our front 3 are even proven world class yet, competition is a good thing, not a bad thing, it's what allows the cream to rise to the top.

On top of this none of our front 3 are a Sancho type, none of them are even a RW in reality. Really on current form it would be Rashford to miss out anyway, the other two have been in much better form since the resumption, but that's why options are key, options lead to more consistency. We're in form recently, but yet we're still in a battle for top 4, miles from winning any of the big trophies, some context is needed before people go too overboard.
We did that when we signed Sanchez, even though we didn’t need him. Just because a player is world class, it doesn’t mean we should go and sign him without evaluating our squad. It makes sense for me to sign someone like Kubo and Grelish, instead of just Sancho. But, the season is not over yet. The front three might not continue this Great form and I will have to re-evaluate this position I have.
And if one of them gets hurt (Been the case each season for Rash and Martial) what then? Throw James back out there for potential big games?

This idea that adding another young English contemporary of there's being a detriment to their development is overblown to me. I actually think it'd be positive for the developments of all of them having that sort of competition in the squad

Having 3-4 top class strikers/forwards never hurt the chemistry under Fergie and only helped sustain title challenges over whole seasons

Greenwood is still only 18 so relying on him as an out and out starter week in and week out is a tough ask, there would still be plenty of matches (60+ potentially) for everyone to get ample playing time
As I mentioned before, signing a young exciting talent like Foden or Kubo instead of a world class attacker like Sancho that would displace Greenwood. MMM looks solid and they will only get better with more experience. Even though I would love Sancho here, I am not fond of the idea of breaking up one of the best attacking trio in football right now.

Last edited:

InfiniteBoredom

We did that when we signed Sanchez, even though we didn’t need him. Just because a player is world class, it doesn’t mean we should go and sign him without evaluating our squad. It makes sense for me to sign someone like Kubo and Grelish, instead of just Sancho. But, the season is not over yet. The front three might not continue this Great form and I will have to re-evaluate this position I have.
Signing Sancho isn’t comparable with signing Sanchez back then. Mourinho used only Lukaku for the CF position, which means when Sanchez came in he started on the left, forcing Martial and Rashford who were already being pitted against each other for that left wing spot to be shoehorned on the right - where neither of them were comfortable, or benched. Sancho will occupy that right wing spot, which has no impact on the CF and left wing, and with Greenwood being comfortable on either wing and being groomed eventually to also play up front, there’s plenty of game time to be had. He can easily get 3500+ minutes next season, that’s about 30-35 starts + sub appearances (CR had 3700 minutes in his 2nd season here, for instance).

Gasolin

See Michael Owen at Liverpool.

Crocked by age 25... unless you're Wayne Rooney and you're a man child at 17, you are not ready.
And if you’re Rooney you are going to decline early too. We need more players to rotate.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
And if you’re Rooney you are going to decline early too. We need more players to rotate.
Rooney's drinking and smoking habits didn't really help him there.

jamesjimmybyrondean

If this trio continues their form it might end up being an "if it ain't broke don't fix it" thing. And alot of people will have doubts on spending so much money on Sancho that may destabilise the trio. Similar to the Sanchez Martial situation. RW might still be wanted, just not Sancho because we can spend half of his money on solid rotational RW and half elsewhere

The_Midfielder

Lookup Rashford vs Spurs at OT, if you really doubt his ability..
He is just coming back from injury so will take time ...
Once he starts getting those shots on target.. the goalkeeper is in trouble ...

RazorOz

As I mentioned before, signing a young exciting talent like Foden or Kubo instead of a world class attacker like Sancho that would displace Greenwood. MMM looks solid and they will only get better with more experience. Even though I would love Sancho here, I am not fond of the idea of breaking up one of the best attacking trio in football right now.
Sanchez is not comparable though, Sanchez would have been a good signing if we were getting him in his prime, there was the problem with it, we signed a guy who had been on the wane anyway. Sanchez didn't work for that reason, not because he didn't fit.

It's easy to go overboard, but the front 3 have achieved nothing yet, you can't seriously be claiming them one of the best attacking trios around when they aren't even challenging for the big trophies, let and out winning them. I can't imagine many people think City and Liverpool's front 3's aren't better, and that's just in England, so the idea we don't need to improve it simply isn't true, and that's without touching on there is no depth whatsoever.

Of the players you mention, one is at Real Madrid, another is at City, it's extremely unlikely you get players to come to us from them (Kubo is extremely raw anyway, much rawer than the other talents being discussed, he wouldn't get in the team). Grealish surely is an even bigger example of what you are saying, just where is he meant to fit in exactly if everyone is fit? If the money is silly it would make no sense, and I'm not even sure he will want to come and sit on the bench a lot at Utd.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Its not disrespect for fecks sake. It's an opinion on his footballing ability. This is Rashfords 5th year in the prem and greenwoods first. Rashford is not complete garbage as a footballer obviously. His finishing is average, his touch is average, his game sense is average. I could go on. How many goals does he have this season if you remove pens? I understand united fans have latched on to him as the number one representative of this version of manchester united. He's a local lad and by all accounts a good kid. He's scored some important goals for us. But he's worse than pretty much any forward that starts regularly for a top club. If your argument is tricks and free kick goals bring out the stats. Let's dissect Rashfords game. I doubt you want that though.
Please do go on. I want to see the incredible insight that awaits us all after these gems in bold.

Rashford is a very good footballer. He's got excellent physical attributes, he's inventive in the buildup and has sound technical ability (while not being top class). He also has strong goal threat/end product. I wouldn't say that he's a brilliant finisher but he's a threat from all angles.

In the end, even if one doesn't view him as an elite player - for example I don't think he's got the technical qualities on the same level as the very best, he can be loose/aimless at times as opposed to players who have complete control in tight spaces. But that doesn't mean he isn't very good in his own way. He has his own strengths which should also be celebrated.

And the constant comparing of players is tiresome. If we add Sancho we'll have 4 smashing attackers. Hope it happens.

amolbhatia50k

And he's hardly been bad at all. His finishing has been a bit poor, but that's not the be all and end all of a forward. You can contribute in other ways and he definitely has. He's been linking up very well and has created numerous chances/gotten assists in these last 4 games. The pass to Bruno the other day being just one example.

It's the same with how people get on Martials back every time he doesn't score. Although people are fairer to Rashford due to him being English, an academy product and a work horse. But either way, we have two quality young exciting forwards who contribute far more than they get credit for, even if they aren't making the headlines.

mancan92

It's pretty simple. Doing it in the Bundesliga isn't the same nor a guaranty that it'll be done in the PL. I personally have faith that Sancho will cut it here because he's that talented but I'm not going to go on lengthy hyperbole and claim that he's gonna replicate his Bundesliga's numbers here or he's a better player than what we've got. He'll obviously improve us but it doesn't mean he's better than Rashford. He could be better than him or not but I'm not going to base that off his numbers from Germany alone.

Kagawa and Miki aren't the only examples. Plenty other players, especially from Dortmund had put ridiculous numbers or great performances in a Dortmund shirt but failed to reproduce at their new destinations. Gotze, Dembele, Sahin etc. So Sancho scoring 20 and assisting 20 in Germany doesn't mean he's a better player than Rashford currently. Before his back injury, Rashford was consistently scoring in the PL.
Hasn't Bruno come in from a "lesser league" and still tore it up?

meamth

Yeah, stop disrespecting Rashford, let's just put it this way.

The Explosive one - Rashford
The French Assassin - Martial
The White Pele - Greenwood

lsd

The Oracle

I would say Greenwood will end up as our centre forward so Sancho wouldn't be replacing him .

Gasolin

Yeah, stop disrespecting Rashford, let's just put it this way.

The Explosive one - Rashford
The French Assassin - Martial
The White Pele - Greenwood
The Ronaldo Regen no? Greenwood has so much power in his shot, he reminds me of the Brazilian Ronaldo, or a dual RVP (both legs).

AFC NimbleThumb

Signing Sancho wouldn’t break up this trio; it would make it 4 class players into 3 spots with hopefully 60+ games in a season.

Any of MMM get injured or need resting & we’re back to watching James run in straight lines; the Sancho signing is imperative to bring the quality of the attack up.

Canagel

I don't understand why are people jumping on this poster. Just because you don't agree with it doesn't mean it isn't a valid opinion.
His finishing is poor facts. His conversion rate isn't close to the top players, he misses more chances than he convertes and his technique is often wayward. On his best day he is brilliant but he is also frustrating and make a lots of bad decision on his worst days, like Nani was. That isn't even bad because a lot of players are like that but they were never the main men in the team. It doesnt mean the player is totally crap or anything.

None of you actually willing to dissect his game like what the poster said (beyond screaming disrespect) because if you did his flaws will be laid exposed..

meamth

I don't understand why are people jumping on this poster. Just because you don't agree with it doesn't mean it isn't a valid opinion.
His finishing is poor facts. His conversion rate isn't close to the top players, he misses more chances than he convertes and his technique is often wayward. On his best day he is brilliant but he is also frustrating and make a lots of bad decision on his worst days, like Nani was. That isn't even bad because a lot of players are like that but they were never the main men in the team. It doesnt mean the player is totally crap or anything.

None of you actually willing to dissect his game like what the poster said (beyond screaming disrespect) because if you did his flaws will be laid exposed..
Imagine saying Rashford has average qualities. I can understand if it's Ryan Fraser, but this is Rashford we're talking about. The least he could say is above average...

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
And why should pens be removed ?? Do any other attacker have to remove his pens to prove some non existent point. And no, he is not worse than worse than any forward that sarts for a top club, that is just you talking out of your arse. He is a top player, and he will continue to improve even more with time.
I didn't say penalties don't count but if you remove the penalties you get a more accurate picture of his contribution. Name a forward who starts regularly for a top club that he's better than.
Good thing you’re about to re-educate the Manchester United and England managers who rate him as extremely valuable.

And we can re-educate Barcelona too, who according to Andy Mitten, (who has excellent connections with both teams) genuinely wanted Rashford last year before he signed a new deal.

All those Champions Leagues must have messed with their heads and made them forget what a good player is. Desert Eagle thinks Tammy Abraham would be a better punt.

Thank you for enlightening us
argument from authority is a logical fallacy. I haven't seen much of tammy but wasn't he just dropped for giroud and if lampards chelsea is your definition of a top club that should tell you something. He wont start for barca,madrid,liverpool,city,bayern,psg.
Exactly, some absolutely ridiculous crap spouted by some here. He was injured for a significant chunk of time, so it makes sense that he is a little rusty after coming back. Injury is not the same as sitting on the bench, it means no training as well during their time out. It is a big negative, and many players can have their career's ruined if injuries are constant. And can certainly go through a rough patch before coming upto speed.

Rashford's all round game has been very impressive after the restart, just missing that finishing touch that he had before the injury. Even in today's game he had a perfectly good goal chalked off, and should have another assist for that pass to Bruno in the first half. He is still not up to his best imo,and still has more in his locker, which we should hopefully see with time and as games come thick and fast.
His finishing touch has been off for almost 2 years now.
Please do go on. I want to see the incredible insight that awaits us all after these gems in bold.

Rashford is a very good footballer. He's got excellent physical attributes, he's inventive in the buildup and has sound technical ability (while not being top class). He also has strong goal threat/end product. I wouldn't say that he's a brilliant finisher but he's a threat from all angles.

In the end, even if one doesn't view him as an elite player - for example I don't think he's got the technical qualities on the same level as the very best, he can be loose/aimless at times as opposed to players who have complete control in tight spaces. But that doesn't mean he isn't very good in his own way. He has his own strengths which should also be celebrated.

And the constant comparing of players is tiresome. If we add Sancho we'll have 4 smashing attackers. Hope it happens.
he's shit at heading.
agree his physical attributes are probably his greatest asset. Says its all really. Even you brought it up first. I wouldn't class him as inventive in the build up. That sounds like you're describing david silva or juan mata. Rashford has some tricks in his locker that come off once in a while. I agree he's not a brilliant finisher.

Marcus rashford is not on the same level as martial and greenwood let alone the same level as benzema,ronaldo,bale. It doesn't mean he's not a good footballer. He is what daniel james is supposed to be. A fast baller who's not afraid to shoot you bring on to stretch teams. He averages a goal every 200 minutes btw.

meamth

I didn't say penalties don't count but if you remove the penalties you get a more accurate picture of his contribution. Name a forward who starts regularly for a top club that he's better than.

argument from authority is a logical fallacy. I haven't seen much of tammy but wasn't he just dropped for giroud and if lampards chelsea is your definition of a top club that should tell you something. He wont start for barca,madrid,liverpool,city,bayern,psg.

he's shit at heading.
agree his physical attributes are probably his greatest asset. Says its all really. Even you brought it up first. I wouldn't class him as inventive in the build up. That sounds like you're describing david silva or juan mata. Rashford has some tricks in his locker that come off once in a while. I agree he's not a brilliant finisher.

Marcus rashford is not on the same level as martial and greenwood let alone the same level as benzema,ronaldo,bale. It doesn't mean he's not a good footballer. He is what daniel james is supposed to be. A fast baller who's not afraid to shoot you bring on to stretch teams. He averages a goal every 200 minutes btw.
Rashford is good this season, that is our main point here.

I was shitting on Rashford when he was wasting chances here and there prior to this season. This is his season of maturity.

He made less mistakes and delivered more.

I think generally all of our fans realize what are you trying to say, but Rashford is past that period of being trash. Right now he just need to recapture his blazing form pre-injury.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Rashford is good this season, that is our main point here.

I was shitting on Rashford when he was wasting chances here and there prior to this season. This is his season of maturity.

He made less mistakes and delivered more.

I think generally all of our fans realize what are you trying to say, but Rashford is past that period of being trash. Right now he just need to recapture his blazing form pre-injury.
Might be hard to believe but i like marcus. He seems like a good lad, he's a united fan and he has an elite mentality. I wish he was as good as most united fans seem to think. Can he improve? sure but as of right now he is not elite even by his supporters admissions. I don't think he's trash i just don't think grouping him in the martial/greenwood bracket is a good thing.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
God damn I hope MMM doesn't become a thing (has it already?). I am more than okay with Marcus, Mason, Anthony or MMA

No love for MMR?

But my personal favourite would be MGM. That one would be grand.

meamth

Might be hard to believe but i like marcus. He seems like a good lad, he's a united fan and he has an elite mentality. I wish he was as good as most united fans seem to think. Can he improve? sure but as of right now he is not elite even by his supporters admissions. I don't think he's trash i just don't think grouping him in the martial/greenwood bracket is a good thing.
I think each of our front 3 has different indispensable qualities.

You look at Martial, he is ice cool, technically great, decently fast and calm finisher.
Greenwood is ruthless in front of goal, has two great feet, and the most intelligent out of them.
Rashford is the most determined, hard working, and explosive.

With that mentality, there is no doubt about how far Rashford can improve. He is already there as one of the highest prospect in world football. You ask any rival fans, they would love to have him.

Wedge

Supports
a soft spot for Ajax
Exactly and I believe Bruno let him have the pen vs Bournemouth to help his confidence again after a huge lay-off with an injury.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire

I kinda get what you're saying. Rashford does look like a technically poor kick-and-run merchant at times. On the other hand, he's also shown plenty of technical nous across the season and was our best player until his injury. His problem is consistency. He does go missing in some games.

But is Rashford alone in that? Martial has had the same issues with consistency thoughout his career with us. Greenwood hasn't even played an entire season in the first XI. I don't think you can fairly single out any one of them as being in a lower bracket.

Ace of Spades

He is one of the best forwards in the world. And no, I don't have to name anything, as he is one of the best players in the world right now.

Ace of Spades

No, it has not been off for almost 2 years. That just shows your ignorance and cluelessness more than anything.

He can get in the Barca side as they were interested in signing him. He can get in the Madrid, City and Bayern teams as well. Liverpool is the only team he may not get in, but even that is not a certainty.

Stacks

Nah, I m good. I have a lot of belief in my footballing acumen. I knew earlier than most even the experts that this front three will lethal, dynamic and effective for United. The only problem now is our interest in Sancho.

No doubt that Sancho will make a tremendous impact to our attack like Bruno, but it will result in dropping one of these three and hindering their development. Once MMM has developed further, I have no doubt that they will be the best front three in football. They are already in the top 3.
I need to see how we cope in the CL before signing this off.

amolbhatia50k

. He is what daniel james is supposed to be. A fast baller who's not afraid to shoot you bring on to stretch teams. He averages a goal every 200 minutes btw.
You're not very good at this. Daniel James is what Daniel James is supposed to be. Rashford is on a completely different level altogether even from the potential James has (which is half Rashfords).

While it's debateable whether Rashford will end up being a top player and he has to prove he can do that, you're clearly a bit blinkered when it comes to him and his obvious quality.

Yes he started his United career at 18. You goal ratio tends to be lower when you do that.

That sounds like you're describing david silva or juan mata. Rashford has some tricks in his locker that come off once in a while.
Since only midfielders can be inventive. What a linear and limited view. Also, it's interesting than Juan Mata who has spent half his time at OT playing sidwards passes is inventive and the guy starring and getting goals and assists is not.

his physical attributes are probably his greatest asset. Says its all really. Even you brought it up first.
No it doesn't say it all, really. Only tells you that he as excellent physical qualities. Clearly a player can excel at more than one thing.