MMM (Mason, Marcus, Martial) = BBC (Bale, Benzema, Cristiano)

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
You're not very good at this. Daniel James is what Daniel James is supposed to be. Rashford is on a completely different level altogether even from the potential James has (which is half Rashfords).

While it's debateable whether Rashford will end up being a top player
and he has to prove he can do that, you're clearly a bit blinkered when it comes to him and his obvious quality.

Yes he started his United career at 18. You goal ratio tends to be lower when you do that.

Since only midfielders can be inventive. What a linear and limited view. Also, it's interesting than Juan Mata who has spent half his time at OT playing sidwards passes is inventive and the guy starring and getting goals and assists is not.

No it doesn't say it all, really. Only tells you that he as excellent physical qualities. Clearly a player can excel at more than one thing.
Ironic. Just a bunch of meaningless statements.

Yes it's debatable. His goal ratio last year was one every 254 minutes. He wasn't eighteen then was he.

Strawman. Juan mata is a more inventive player than marcus rashford. You're welcome to debate it if you disagree.

What else does he excel at then since you only mentioned one thing?

romufc

It feels there are some United fans who only look at the scoreline. The stick for Rashford, calls for him to be dropped?

Seriously? Has anyone been watching the games? Rashford is involved in the build up play and some of his passing has been brilliant.

The ball over the top to Bruno was brilliant.

Why does it always have to be: "Martial didnt score in 2 games needs to be replaced by a proper no.9"
"Rashford hasnt scored drop him". Rashford is playing himself back into form and whilst the other players are scoring, Rashford can play his role with assists and build up play.

What was happening when Martial was out of form and Pogba injured? Rashford took the mantle and scored goals.

We should be excited of how the front 3 works rather than look to pit one against each other.

Greenwood is 18, he will have a difficult spell and we will need Rashford then to pick up the scoring.

EwanI Ted

Lookup Rashford vs Spurs at OT, if you really doubt his ability..
He is just coming back from injury so will take time ...
Once he starts getting those shots on target.. the goalkeeper is in trouble ...
I think the fact we had the lockdown break means people overlook the fact that Rashford was injured for so long. He was out from the 15th January, so including the lockdown he didn't play a game for nearly 5 months.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
No, you don't need anything more to smoke based on the absolutely clueless dross that you are posting.
Please elaborate on why he is one of the top forwards in the world. This should be fun.
spoiler alert he won't elaborate.

Ace of Spades

Please elaborate on why he is one of the top forwards in the world. This should be fun.
spoiler alert he won't elaborate.
Because he is one of the best of the world. His statistics back him up. He is a very good passer, has a great first touch , technically great, good at dribbling, has great pace and good strength and is a good finisher.

Now go on, you elaborate why he is not a top player in the world that is not absolutely crap nonsense. I mean if you think fecking Mata is more inventive, then it shows how little clue ypu have about what you are talking about.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Because he is one of the best of the world.

not the best start

His statistics back him up.

which statistics are those

He is a very good passer, has a great first touch , technically great, good at dribbling, has great pace and good strength and is a good finisher.

Now go on, you elaborate why he is not a top player in the world that is not absolutely crap nonsense. I mean if you think fecking Mata is more inventive, then it shows how little clue ypu have about what you are talking about.
lets just agree to disagree. If you think rashford has a great first touch and is technically great we won't find much middle ground.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
lets just agree to disagree. If you think rashford has a great first touch and is technically great we won't find much middle ground.
Go on then, assuming he's nowhere near the top players, 20 left wingers who are better than him. Even 10 if you can't be arsed. And if you say Greenwood off the back of about 4 games you're off your trolley.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Ironic. Just a bunch of meaningless statements.
Which make more sense than anything you've posted on this topic.

Yes it's debatable. His goal ratio last year was one every 254 minutes. He wasn't eighteen then was he.
And what's his ratio this year? Right, let's not bother with the present because it hurts your weak argument which seems to step from dislike than anything rational.

Strawman. Juan mata is a more inventive player than marcus rashford. You're welcome to debate it if you disagree.
Your understanding of the phrase is in itself strange. You have to be inventive to put up 20 goals and the number of assists he's currently got this year. Nobody cares about some personal "I would call Silva and Mata inventive.." view when we've facts to rely on instead.

What else does he excel at then since you only mentioned one thing?
I mentioned plenty. You mind stopped at the first.

Rashford does many things very well. He scores and assists (20 goals already and a handful of assists this season), is a threat from long range, his movement is really good, he links up well, has enough skill to beat a man, he's rapid and pretty strong, works extremely hard. Basically he's just a very good footballer. Whether due to not having elite control/dribbling and finishing, he ends up a notch or so below the best, remains to be seen. But either way he's a great forward to have in the team/squad depending on our level.

I don't think he's one of the best forwards around, or comparable to Mbappe. But your posts read like a parody to be honest.

fergieisold

It feels there are some United fans who only look at the scoreline. The stick for Rashford, calls for him to be dropped?

Seriously? Has anyone been watching the games? Rashford is involved in the build up play and some of his passing has been brilliant.

The ball over the top to Bruno was brilliant.

Why does it always have to be: "Martial didnt score in 2 games needs to be replaced by a proper no.9"
"Rashford hasnt scored drop him". Rashford is playing himself back into form and whilst the other players are scoring, Rashford can play his role with assists and build up play.

What was happening when Martial was out of form and Pogba injured? Rashford took the mantle and scored goals.

We should be excited of how the front 3 works rather than look to pit one against each other.

Greenwood is 18, he will have a difficult spell and we will need Rashford then to pick up the scoring.
I've been really happy with how Rashford has come back from his injury tbh, he's been very good even though he's still getting back to his best!

romufc

I've been really happy with how Rashford has come back from his injury tbh, he's been very good even though he's still getting back to his best!
This is what I was thinking watching him play. His passing, movement and link up with other players is there. apart from Spurs where I thought he was very rusty (1st game, almost every team was rusty) he has been a livewire.

The difference is that we used to get the ball to Rashford so much before and expect him to do everything whereas now, we are attacking from the right hand side too, a balanced attacking team.

I agree we need a Sancho and Grealish but that doesn't mean he walks into the team. If Martial is out for 4/5 games we are left with Dan James, Ighalo, Mata. If Rashford is out, Dan James and Perreira.

Mason will not start every game, we need to nurture him.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Which make more sense than anything you've posted on this topic.

And what's his ratio this year? Right, let's not bother with the present because it hurts your weak argument which seems to step from dislike than anything rational.

Your understanding of the phrase is in itself strange. You have to be inventive to put up 20 goals and the number of assists he's currently got this year. Nobody cares about some personal "I would call Silva and Mata inventive.." view when we've facts to rely on instead.

I mentioned plenty. You mind stopped at the first.

Rashford does many things very well. He scores and assists (20 goals already and a handful of assists this season), is a threat from long range, his movement is really good, he links up well, has enough skill to beat a man, he's rapid and pretty strong, works extremely hard. Basically he's just a very good footballer. Whether due to not having elite control/dribbling and finishing, he ends up a notch or so below the best, remains to be seen. But either way he's a great forward to have in the team/squad depending on our level.

I don't think he's one of the best forwards around, or comparable to Mbappe. But your posts read like a parody to be honest.
that was in reply to you saying he was eighteen so his goal ratio was low. This is his best season for goal ratio by far and its a goal every 137 minutes.

So goal and assists numbers = inventive. So i guess Ruud was one of the most inventive players ever since he was involved in almost all our goals for a few years. All you have are circular arguments. He's good at x,y,z proof? he has 20 goals and a handful of assists this year but lets ignore his stats for every other year cause he was young innit.

is a threat from long range, his movement is really good, he links up well, has enough skill to beat a man, he's rapid and pretty strong, works extremely hard
all of which apply to a certain danny welbeck. so again nothing elite except his physical attributes and i'll give you mental strength .

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Go on then, assuming he's nowhere near the top players, 20 left wingers who are better than him. Even 10 if you can't be arsed. And if you say Greenwood off the back of about 4 games you're off your trolley.
Why only left wingers? Off the top of my head wingers better than him include neymar, bale, rues, hazard, mane, sane, sterling, mahrez, salah,mbappe,sterling, pulisic.

mu4c_20le

Let's agree that you don't know much about the game if you think rashford is just a 'fast baller'

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Why only left wingers? Off the top of my head wingers better than him include neymar, bale, rues, hazard, mane, sane, sterling, mahrez, salah,mbappe,sterling, pulisic.
You were doing so well until you got to that point

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Bale is a better footballer than rashford. I didn't say i'd have him over rashford in the current united team.
Rashford would start over Sterling every day.
based on what?
You were doing so well until you got to that point
lets see their performances over the course of next season and we can return to this.
Let's agree that you don't know much about the game if you think rashford is just a 'fast baller'
another strawman. show me where i said he is just a fast baller.

Adam-Utd

lets see their performances over the course of next season and we can return to this.
Why, is this season not enough already? Rashford has outscored him massively in a misfiring team. What has pulisic done all season apart from the last couple of games?

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Why, is this season not enough already? Rashford has outscored him massively in a misfiring team. What has pulisic done all season apart from the last couple of games?
Its pulisics first season in a new league and he's younger than rashford. if you wanna compare their footballing abilities go ahead. who has better touch, better positioning, better dribbling, better passing?

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Bale is a better footballer than rashford. I didn't say i'd have him over rashford in the current united team.

based on what?
I just think Rashford has performed better than Sterling this season. Sterling has been made to look far better than he is playing under Pep in a world-class team. For England, Rashford has looked the far more dangerous player and just had more to his game for me.

KennyBurner

Nah, I m good. I have a lot of belief in my footballing acumen. I knew earlier than most even the experts that this front three will lethal, dynamic and effective for United. The only problem now is our interest in Sancho.

No doubt that Sancho will make a tremendous impact to our attack like Bruno, but it will result in dropping one of these three and hindering their development. Once MMM has developed further, I have no doubt that they will be the best front three in football. They are already in the top 3.
I honestly fear for Rashford if we got Sancho because Sancho is a LW by trade. He is also better at playing against low blocks than Rashford is. We look like we are shifting into a possession orientated than a counterattacking team.

Mind you I’m looking at long term rather than short term. If Sancho came here this summer it would be greenwood dropped till 2022. I also don’t see greenwood leading the line In place of martial till he turns 23/24.

Adam-Utd

Its pulisics first season in a new league and he's younger than rashford. if you wanna compare their footballing abilities go ahead. who has better touch, better positioning, better dribbling, better passing?
Rashford apart from the dribbling, but that's mainly because he's over 6 foot and Pulisic is a midget.

KennyBurner

Sane and pulisic are not better than Rashford. Sane has always been one of those overrated players since the beginning of time.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
I just think Rashford has performed better than Sterling this season. Sterling has been made to look far better than he is playing under Pep in a world-class team. For England, Rashford has looked the far more dangerous player and just had more to his game for me.
I agree playing in this city team has made sterling look better but there's no doubt he's improved from his liverpool version. He has always very tricky and fast but lacked composure and finishing. He's much smarter off the ball now and imo a better player than rashford.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Surely even you can see this is bollocks, and I'd actually agree (this season aside) Rashford was worse than a lot of these, but he's developed massively this year hitting 20 goals whilst missing a big chunk of the games, and even now when games are back its clear to see he's still not fully fit.

Sterling has scored once or twice in 2020, has been shit on all season by his own fans for missing sitter after sitter.

Sane been injured for a year with a major knee injury, there is no telling what level he's going to return to.

Bale, basically a part time footballer whose main job is golf.

Reus got injured around the same time as Rashford - has 12 goals for the season.

Pulisic - Nowhere near outperformed Rashford, as you say its his 1st season so hard to tell how he'll do yet, which makes it all the more crazy you included him.

That leaves Neymar, Hazard, Salah, Mane, Mbappe who I don't think anyone would have a problem saying are better than him. All absolute top tier players at the peak of their career, except the generational talent in Mbappe.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Barring any serious injuries, one would expect Rashy to break Rooney's goal scoring record - Marcus has 65 goals already - Rooney had 77 at around this age for us (however, the gap would be reduced thanks to the season still going on). This is despite the fact that Rooney was playing in a much better team. Additionally, Rooney suffered a steep decline as he had run himself into the ground by the time he was 27-28, something you wouldn't expect off of Rashy.
It's amazing how our 'fans' undervalue one of the finest strikers to have come out from our academy to the extent that they label the current version of Bale and Pulisic as better than Marcus!

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Surely even you can see this is bollocks, and I'd actually agree (this season aside) Rashford was worse than a lot of these, but he's developed massively this year hitting 20 goals whilst missing a big chunk of the games, and even now when games are back its clear to see he's still not fully fit.

Sterling has scored once or twice in 2020, has been shit on all season by his own fans for missing sitter after sitter.

Sane been injured for a year with a major knee injury, there is no telling what level he's going to return to.

Bale, basically a part time footballer whose main job is golf.

Reus got injured around the same time as Rashford - has 12 goals for the season.

Pulisic - Nowhere near outperformed Rashford, as you say its his 1st season so hard to tell how he'll do yet, which makes it all the more crazy you included him.

That leaves Neymar, Hazard, Salah, Mane, Mbappe who I don't think anyone would have a problem saying are better than him. All absolute top tier players at the peak of their career, except the generational talent in Mbappe.
lets leave pulisic out of it. that one is more a personal preference based on the little i've seen. I think you'd be hard pressed to find a non united fan that rates rashford above the other four. Reus, sterling and sane if you look at the past couple seasons massively outperform rashford. 4 champion leagues aint bad for a golfer.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Because Rashford's a left winger?

I would say that Sané, Reus, Sterling, Pulisic, Bale and even Hazard are shaky shouts at best this season, although for sure Hazard is an outstanding player and I think it's fair to allow him an off year and Sané is likely to be up there if he gets himself fit again at Bayern. Mbappé is clearly a level above Rashford but he's also not really a left winger, so basically it seems you're reaching a bit here.

KennyBurner

When I judge How efficient a player is at goal scoring I like to leave out penalties/set pieces and focus on open play goals. It speaks more. With that being said Rashford has like 7 or more?

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
There's another M still to be introduced. Hannibal Mejbri.