MMM (Mason, Marcus, Martial) = BBC (Bale, Benzema, Cristiano)

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Genuinely, if we somehow won the league still playing relatively the same way, will you admit you’re wrong about Ole?
If our tactical performance improved yes. If playing the same way no. Because there have been anomaly season in the past where we have managers like Di Mateo and Ranieri win the highest honors, only for them to get sacked the next season. I can see that happening to Ole if he doesn’t improve tactical.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
If our tactical performance improved yes. If playing the same way no. Because there have been anomaly season in the past where we have managers like Di Mateo and Ranieri win the highest honors, only for them to get sacked the next season. I can see that happening to Ole if he doesn’t improve tactical.
Right, so what does a tactical performance look like? Today for example in the second half he got it spot on.

Even putting in Pogba and Matic might have raised eyebrows due to mobility, and the pair were very good today.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Right, so what does a tactical performance look like? Today for example in the second half he got it spot on.

Even putting in Pogba and Matic might have raised eyebrows due to mobility, and the pair were very good today.
I don’t believe he got it spot on today. We invited too much pressure and if Burnley was more clinical they could have scored. A better tactical performance is being in control of the game, keeping pressure on the opposition, good defensive structure, good mid game management, and completely outplaying the opposition. Ole got two of these things right in this match. Pogba and Matic was put to match Burnley combativeness. Those who raised an eyebrow, probably don’t know much about football. Burnley are known for their direct approach and physicality, so their inclusion was of no surprise.

M16Red

First off... sorry for the bump.

Today (21/01/2021)

Rashford :- Seems to be running down dead ends, doesn't run at players and even sometimes looks like he can't control the flipping ball - 7 Goals

Martial :- Static and looks like he can't be arsed - 2 Goals

Greenwood :- When he play's, cuts inside and gets blocked - 1 Goal

So what is it?

Low blocks? Off form? Change of tactics? Change of training? (all of the them?)

Lets not forget when these three are at it, they are dangerous.

superdry

touched by a genius
Top of the league with the three of them playing crap. How the feck are we managing that?

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
I think we're seeing a general retraction of attacking output across the board, and it's not just Martial, Mason (and to an extent Rashers). Off the top of my head, Kane and Son are the only couple that have bucked the trend.

In the PL specifically -

Liverpool - Salah, Mane and Firmino are all doing worse than they were last season. Even the likes of AOC, Shaqiri, Minamino, Gini have hardly contributed in an attacking output, where last season they'd make a good contribution when the front three wouldn't.

Arsenal - Auba, Laca, Willian, Pepe - probably their 4 most recognised attacking players at the start of the season are all underperforming. Saka is the only one that is doing better than he did last year.

Chelsea - really poor across the board. None of their attacking players are really excelling. Maybe Giroud at a push.

Man City - similar to above. Sterline, Mahrez, G Jesus - all of their attacking output has retracted this season. B Silva only scored his first goal of the season last night vs Villa. KdB hasn't been his usual self also. Aguero has fitness issues.

Even in La Liga, Atleti aren't top of the league because of their attack. It's because they've kept it tight at the back. They, Barca and RM are all struggling for their usual attacking output.

My own theory (as to why we're seeing this) is because of the unusual nature of the season, the weird scheduling, lack of pre season, and training sessions having no rigorous schedule. Mason and Martial I think will find some form but it's not an issue with just them two.

Like I said, Kane and Son are the only two attacking players that spring to mind that are doing as well as they were last season or better.

hubbuh

First off... sorry for the bump.

Today (21/01/2021)

Rashford :- Seems to be running down dead ends, doesn't run at players and even sometimes looks like he can't control the flipping ball - 7 Goals

Martial :- Static and looks like he can't be arsed - 2 Goals

Greenwood :- When he play's, cuts inside and gets blocked - 1 Goal

So what is it?

Low blocks? Off form? Change of tactics? Change of training? (all of the them?)

Lets not forget when these three are at it, they are dangerous.

How many games have they started together? Cavani has come in and offers something none of them do, and with Ole often favouring a 4-2-2-2, Rashford, Martial and Greenwood have barely been on the pitch together as a front 3. It'd be great if Diallo can come in and allow Greenwood to play upfront a bit. I thought he was pretty good last night, but it's clear RW isn't his long-term position. He's really smart on the ball and is able to link up the play really well. He's hindered by AWB's lack of confidence going forward. Even if Martial and Shaw weren't insync last night, you could at least see the attempted patterns of play. With AWB, it's his athleticism alone that he relies on in getting in behind the opposition and then punting in a hopeful cross.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
They look like different players in that video, if we have any chance of fighting for the title Ole needs to wake them up.

Mic

Sure, just win 4 CLs including 3 in a row and you can start comparing.

AFC NimbleThumb

If these 3 clicked this season as they did last we’d be a few points clear; tonight was a hopefully the low for the trio as they all looked shadows of the Project Restart trio.

Taking Mason out hasn’t worked, Martial is apparently undroppable & Maris is still erratic as ever.

If things aren’t coming off they should all be working harder off the ball.

lex talionis

Martial is the M of the 3Ms who has explaining to do.

Rashford comes and goes, but he gives you a proper shift no matter what. Mason is in his second year with the first team and there's always a bad patch to get through before hitting the next level. But Martial has been woeful too long now.

Womp

idiot
One player out of form, fair enough. When the whole front line, including the attacking midfielders all look lost with no cohesion? Then I think we are asking the wrong questions

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
I'm not convinced Cavani coming in has helped these 3. They were looking promising last season but the additional rotation has derailed their progress.