Mo Camara

Resch

NoPace

Watched the Bayern first tie and I believe my verdict was that he's tiny and not fast but he reads the game well and his passes to start counter attacks were superb in that game.

MUFC OK

At his age we’d have to be wary of over exposure to first team football in the rigours of the PL.

Resch

Some CL- stats (8 matches, as many as every United player could have had):

Camara won the ball 41 times in the CL, which is impressive, compared to Uniteds "best" midfielder Fred, who won the ball just 29 times (Verane is our best player with 34).
He was fouled 23 times this CL season, twice as much as Ronaldo, who was fouled 11 times.
He ran about 80 km, no United player has more than 60 km !
Furthermore, he still managed a passing accuracy of 86.5 %, why still. Because Salzburg style is based on pressing, counter attacking and long balls. McT has about 90% Fred 85%

Resch

The Austrian press is reporting that Mo will leave Salzburg for the PL. Brighton & Hove Albion is his most likly destination, price about 25 mill. €. Still think United should try to sign him. Would be a "cheap" signing and as a DM he would bring much needed energy to Manchester.

Mainoldo

The Austrian press is reporting that Mo will leave Salzburg for the PL. Brighton & Hove Albion is his most likly destination, price about 25 mill. €. Still think United should try to sign him. Would be a "cheap" signing and as a DM he would bring much needed energy to Manchester.
We aren’t interested in a DM

Bojan Djordjic

I’m sure he’ll be a good buy for a Leeds or Brighton but I don’t think he’s the sort of guy who would complement our midfield. Looks like a bit of a cannonball and his passing and carrying in midfield looks bad.

Mainoldo

Do you think that's a mistake with Matic gone
Yeah. I always look at previous and compare.

De Jong is like Pirlo, Scholes, Kroos.

So really for it to work we have to replicate their partners. We need a Gattuso, Vidal, Carrick, Fletcher, Casimero.

You could see Fred as the runner but i don’t think he’s good enough. However maybe that works. Ideally we do a Carrick-Scholes. So we invest in a Rice to partner him.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Yeah. I always look at previous and compare.

De Jong is like Pirlo, Scholes, Kroos.

So really for it to work we have to replicate their partners. We need a Gattuso, Vidal, Carrick, Fletcher, Casimero.

You could see Fred as the runner but i don’t think he’s good enough. However maybe that works. Ideally we do a Carrick-Scholes. So we invest in a Rice to partner him.
Rice is no Carrick. Better defender and keeps possession well but his passing is no threat really.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I have no doubt he or a player like him would’ve been one of Rangnick’s top targets. I don’t think he does enough with the ball to be one for Ten Hag. Different styles of play.

Mainoldo

Rice is no Carrick. Better defender and keeps possession well but his passing is no threat really.
I mean if everyone was just a copy of each other football would be a breakthrough in cloning.

By Carrick I mean - great defensive positioning, good with both feet and he’s really improved with his passing selection. So he’s a Carrick as it gets. Carrick being a better passer. Well yeah fine, like I said he’s not a clone :lol:

TwoSheds

I mean if everyone was just a copy of each other football would be a breakthrough in cloning.

By Carrick I mean - great defensive positioning, good with both feet and he’s really improved with his passing selection. So he’s a Carrick as it gets. Carrick being a better passer. Well yeah fine, like I said he’s not a clone :lol:
He's defensively more imposing and nothing like him on the ball but apart from that yeah, totally the same.

Mainoldo

He's defensively more imposing and nothing like him on the ball but apart from that yeah, totally the same.
You seem to have your back up against the comparison.

The topic of discussion was what suits best for a De Jong partnership.

I really don’t care if you think they are similar or not. But you can be useful and just answer does a De Jong - Rice partnership work?

TwoSheds

I really don’t care if you think they are similar or not. But you can be useful and just answer does a De Jong - Rice partnership work?
I neither know nor care. They're not going to play together anyway because they're too expensive. Seems uncreative is all I would say.

Oranges038

Surely his legs are gone at this stage, it's 16 years since he played for Celtic. Not sure he has it in him any more.

Sea-Cow

I agree that there is no way we are getting both of these in so its a bit of a hypothetical just for hypotheticals sake, but I would assume that it would work well.