Mo Salah | Choccy: He gone | Choccy gone, Choccy wrong | beIN sports: Agrees to Al Ittihad's offer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan-Utd

It's refreshing to see a club not being held to ransom by a player and giving in to his agents demands, the way Liverfool went out in January and signed a talented, younger player who can play in Salah's position was very admirable and shows they aren't fools.

I can see the situation ending with Salah leaving and getting a lot of criticism from Liverpool fans, which would be a shame.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
It's refreshing to see a club not being held to ransom by a player and giving in to his agents demands, the way Liverfool went out in January and signed a talented, younger player who can play in Salah's position was very admirable and shows they aren't fools.

I can see the situation ending with Salah leaving and getting a lot of criticism from Liverpool fans, which would be a shame.
Diaz has played 165 games on the left in his career and 5 on the right. He's really a Mane replacement, not a Salah replacement.

Hughie77

Give him a £1 million a week for the next 3 years. £156 million . They got nearly that for Coutiniho. Cheap deal that.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Dippers are offering him £400k per week. Destroying their wage structure :drool:

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Lots of smoke that he's signed a new contract. Disappointing for us, great player. Seems he has accepted a lower offer of just £400k too.

"Mohamed Salah has surrendered the upper hand in contract negotiations to #LFC during a month that has seen him fail to net from open play in seven games. That has led to a shift in tone and a feeling that concessions could come from his side of the table."

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Will be great if his level falls off a cliff from next season Sanchez style.

Josh 76

Mane is the one they need to tie down. He seems to have moved up a gear, while Salah seem uninterested.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
He's looked terrible in the last two games. Physically he looks shattered.

Those reports on his contract are premature.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Lots of smoke that he's signed a new contract. Disappointing for us, great player. Seems he has accepted a lower offer of just £400k too.

"Mohamed Salah has surrendered the upper hand in contract negotiations to #LFC during a month that has seen him fail to net from open play in seven games. That has led to a shift in tone and a feeling that concessions could come from his side of the table."
Just 400k

feck sake

Hughie77

I'd pay him £1million a week to keep him, go on FSG pay it Mr Henry and give less to the baseball players, like that's going to happen. The issue imo is only 1 club would pay him more he would go to , that's City and that's not happening or could it? Mbappe could even come to OT!

Cloud7

Is he implying he needs the money to reflect his status; or he wants a new challenge (and better money too) here?

I hope it's the latter.
Probably money and length of contract

RedPed

Whatabouter.
I'm confused? If it's not about the money...and he thinks the fans know what he wants. Exactly what is it that he wants?

Does he want a 5 year deal or something to retire at Liverpool?

Josh 76

I'm confused? If it's not about the money...and he thinks the fans know what he wants. Exactly what is it that he wants?

Does he want a 5 year deal or something to retire at Liverpool?
Can any Liverpool fans tell us what he wants ?

432JuanMata

I think he wants more money and assurances that Klopp will be there.

It’s horrible to say as a United fan but he be mad to leave as he’s at one of the best teams in the world

le tard

it's definitely about the money :lol:

Let's hope he's off to Paris or Madrid

Harold_Giles

It's very understandable that he'll want to maximise the value of his last big contract.
He's arguably the best player in the world right now, at least top 3, so he should be paid accordingly.
If his agent thinks he can get 350-400k for 4/5 years somewhere else, then that should be what he asks from Liverpool.

I do think the contract length on such big money is what's dragging this on Liverpool's side. He'll definitely be worth it for at least 2 more years, then it's anyone's guess how his decline might look like.

BerryBerryShrew

It's a tricky one. On the one hand, he is arguably the best player in the world, a perfect fit for Klopp's system and an icon to the fans of the club so he deserves to be on ridiculous wages. However, he is 29 and his game might fall apart once his pace diminishes and then Liverpool are left holding the bag for a busted flush (See us with Sanchez)

You just know that PSG are whispering in his ear as well and regardless of what Liverpool can feasibly offer, the Oil barons can multiply it and throw in a massive signing on fee as well (especially if he runs down his contract). For him, there is a risk that if he does leave he won't be as effective elsewhere (it wasn't like he was pulling up trees at Roma before Klopp made him his centerpiece).

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
If I was him it would definitely be about the money. This will be the last big payday of his career, in his shoes I'd absolutely be looking to bank as much as I can.

He has already won the PL and CL at Liverpool and if he moves on it will be to another superclub looking to win trophies. Not really much of a downside.

Relevant

It's very understandable that he'll want to maximise the value of his last big contract.
He's arguably the best player in the world right now, at least top 3, so he should be paid accordingly.
If his agent thinks he can get 350-400k for 4/5 years somewhere else, then that should be what he asks from Liverpool.

I do think the contract length on such big money is what's dragging this on Liverpool's side. He'll definitely be worth it for at least 2 more years, then it's anyone's guess how his decline might look like.
I've often wondered about players of Salah's age and similar looking to maximize the value of their last big contracts.

It could - reasonably - be argued that he's one of the best players in the world right now, however......is he going to get any better?

And would paying him more over the next, say 3 years be more of a reward for what he's already done rather than what he's going to do?

On the other hand, with him being a Muslim who doesn't drink alcohol and who obviously takes care of himself (he's feckin ripped :eek:) plus the fact that he's very rarely injured, he could argue that he'll still be in this kind of shape/form when he's 33.

Pool's issue is that they have a lot of players of a similar age who's contracts are coming up for renewal - case in point Wijnaldum from last year...

If they give one 30 year old a 4 year contract on big money, how does that influence their future decisions on Salah's teammates?

It's a conundrum that I hope will vex them for some considerable time.....and it may be the catalyst for them to start on the rocky road to mediocrity :D

Josh 76

Problem for Liverpool is, it’s not just one contract they are negotiating, it’s two at the same time. Mane has been in better form than Salah recently, so I’m sure Mane agent is closing monitoring what’s happening with Salah. Can’t see them both getting 5 year contracts on 400k a week.

Red00012

It’s money , he knows he’d get double if he was at any other big club

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Gareth Bale signs a contract almost half a decade ago for three times what Salah earns; all the players in his 'world's best, or thereabouts' bracket are on a bare minimum of double £200k; Salah would be doing himself a disservice for the sake of loyalty to a business by not asking for parity with players in his tier.

The argument always was about how Liverpool can hold onto players once they go stellar due to wages and their wage structure, and it still is. Salah is a bona-fide superstar for his output, and that comes with being paid accordingly or being moved on to clubs that will.

He's ageing and mightn't maintain his output, but he cannot go into negotiations with any such concern: some major players signed mega deals or renewed at 29, and he must be of the same mindset.

This is the time for Liverpool to give back, as it were, to one of their catalysts and I bet that's a factor for Salah, too. The guy is a special player in their best team, and there's no way he doesn't know/see that. For the same standing at any of the giant clubs, he's getting paid an eye-watering amount, without question.

Liverpool are at a crossroads here.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
PSG may be looking at their Mbappe replacement in the summer right here.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
No chance he leaves. Liverpool fans would riot and the owners know it. They will strike a deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.