Mo Salah | Choccy: He gone | Choccy gone, Choccy wrong | beIN sports: Agrees to Al Ittihad's offer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donut

He must have been reading the Cafs top4 thread, he thought they’ll win it all and actually qualify :lol:

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Much better than the PR driven post match apologies some players give these days. Honestly cringe at stuff like that. This is much more refreshing.
I would appreciate the honesty. It's better than reading some generic soulless shite about being sorry and trying harder next time. It sounds like he genuinely cares and that's what you want to see in players.

With that said, he plays for the scousers. So feck him and his salty tears
I think its self-serving PR driven shit.

Andre Kagawa

Seems like a bit of a weirdo. Did he adhere to RAWK Alternative Premier League table?

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
A bit dramatic, no? Makes it sound like they lost on the final day to miss out of CL, when really it was just a matter of time.
There has been a scouse loving media narrative the last few weeks where they were going to win every game and either us or Newcastle would drop just about enough points for them to sneak past. Nothing but pure delusion. Even this week they were cooking up scenarios where we would lose both our final home games. Reality is kicking in now that they don’t have their 0.01 % theoretical chance to fall back on.

Resonance

Am I the only one who really doesn't see anything wrong with what Salah has posted? Bruno and Rashford have posted similar in the past.

Oranges038

Not a fan of these apology tweets.

As Roy would say, just do your job, and shut up.

DOTA

Hasn't Rashford made posts like that quite a few times?
Am I the only one who really doesn't see anything wrong with what Salah has posted? Bruno and Rashford have posted similar in the past.
If one of you, or someone else, can dig an example out I am curious.

I'm pretty sure my answer will be 'it's got a different vibe' or something but I am intrigued by how hard to justify that would be.

Brophs

The One and Only
“A lot of players have underperformed this season. Many of them me.”

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
If one of you, or someone else, can dig an example out I am curious.

I'm pretty sure my answer will be 'it's got a different vibe' or something but I am intrigued by how hard to justify that would be.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...ds-5-0-loss-Liverpool-saying-embarrassed.html

https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/marcusrashford-tweets-mr10--584553226618936150/

Pretty sure there are more too but that's just from a quick google search.

Oranges038

Read through a few of the replies.

When did they start calling this bellend king?

There's only one king.

DOTA

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
It being in response to a painful thrashing is indeed a different vibe to 'my chance of playing in the champions league next season has gone and that's unacceptable'.
Hmm. Feels like you’re trying to be too kind on Rashford and too harsh on Salah.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I'd be surprised if the players actually wrote these. They probably tell a social media manager the jist and then sign off the actual wording. A sure sign of that is when it's accompanied by a fancy photo, like Salah's.

DOTA

Hmm. Feels like you’re trying to be too kind on Rashford and too harsh on Salah.
I don't think that's true. I'd say I am treating Rashford appropriately and being too harsh on Salah.

stepic

not getting top 4 is definitely a failure for Liverpool. top player is disappointed at such failure. shocking stuff

prateik

The posts from most players come after a poor performance/result.

Making a post after another teams game because you missed out on the CL is clearly different..

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Rashford posted that tweet after us losing the game and losing out the top4, it was basically a season finale for us and he posted it after we lost the game. I am sure many players post similar things after their team loses some important, even random games.

Salah posted it after United win, even though it was pretty obvious that they are nowhere near TOP4 for weeks. They didn't even play that day, of course it was fecking weird.

Oscar Bonavena

I thought his tweet reeked of arrogance and entitlement. "We're so sorry we're putting you fans through the indignity of competing in this inferior competition". As if they're too f**king high and mighty for the Europa League!

Arrogant pricks!

They've won 1 league title in the last 33 years and since 2010 they've finished outside the top 4 more often than they've finished in it (7 to 6).

Salah should be down on his knees thanking his lucky stars at having a chance to compete in this competition, instead of shitting on it from a skyscraper!

Red00012

I thought his tweet reeked of arrogance and entitlement. "We're so sorry we're putting you fans through the indignity of competing in this inferior competition". As if they're too f**king high and mighty for the Europa League!

Arrogant pricks!

They've won 1 league title* in the last 33 years and since 2010 they've finished outside the top 4 more often than they've finished in it (7 to 6).

Salah should be down on his knees thanking his lucky stars at having a chance to compete in this competition, instead of shitting on it from a skyscraper!
Fixed

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
I'd be surprised if the players actually wrote these. They probably tell a social media manager the jist and then sign off the actual wording. A sure sign of that is when it's accompanied by a fancy photo, like Salah's.
Almost certainly but the thought of them having a folder full of perfectly photoshopped images of themselves to post on the fly is quite amusing.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Slightly different connotations between tweeting an apology after your own team loses a game that you played in and tweeting that you should be playing in the Champions League immediately after a team that you don't play for wins a game.

cyberman

Slightly different connotations between tweeting an apology after your own team loses a game that you played in and tweeting that you should be playing in the Champions League immediately after a team that you don't play for wins a game.
Seems very self entitled to be honest

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
The only difference for me is the situation. I think people are reading far too much into it and being harsh because it’s Salah and Liverpool.

Status
Not open for further replies.