Mo Salah | Choccy: He gone | Choccy gone, Choccy wrong | beIN sports: Agrees to Al Ittihad's offer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bwuk

I think he’ll be off too. Madrid since they never got Mbappe?

NoPace

Been really selfish lately. I think it's Salah to PSG or Madrid depending on what Mbappe decides, then Raphinha to Liverpool to replace him. I guess Bowen as a dark horse.

UncleBob

Liverpool will just get someone else for 40 million to bang 15 goals and one of their current lads will improve. Feckers have nailed this recruitment lark the same way we did with Fergie.
Our recruitment was pretty dodgy under Fergie.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
They wont easily replace Salah. Doesn’t matter how good your recruitment is it’s hard to replace the best player in the league.

Madridista2000

Supports
Real Madrid
Been really selfish lately. I think it's Salah to PSG or Madrid depending on what Mbappe decides, then Raphinha to Liverpool to replace him. I guess Bowen as a dark horse.
Salah is almost 30.
Unless Liverpool will sell him for 40 mill Euros RM is not interested.

DiMaria

They wont easily replace Salah. Doesn’t matter how good your recruitment is it’s hard to replace the best player in the league.
Yes it’s not easy at all replacing his goals. Some players can do it over a season but when was the last time they had a golden boot winner 3 times in 5 years? (Assuming he wins it this season as is projected).This being said it’s clear they don’t want to pay what he wants and would rather cash out. Really funny when you realize that their new offer would have him be paid less than Sancho :lol: I don’t blame salah one bit.

NoPace

Salah is almost 30.
Unless Liverpool will sell him for 40 mill Euros RM is not interested.
They might.

He seems to want insane wages, so I could see them doing something like buying Bellingham and Raphinha/another RW for a combined 130M or so and finally getting a productive midfielder for the final third who is young and hungry enough to still fit Klopp's system, and it overall not costing them that much with Salah sold for like 50M euros to Madrid (if Mbappe doesn't come this summer, he fits perfectly at RW and you could sell Asensio or get some Hazard wages off the books to save money, have Rodrigo backup Vinicius and Salah which is perfect for him at this stage) or to PSG if Mbappe does leave and they want to throw out Neymar-Messi-Salah for their whole vanity project thing. And Liverpool can probably sell someone for a decent amount with Bellingham coming in. I hate them.

TrustInJanuzaj

Imagine if could put out a front three of

Vinicius—Mbappe—Salah

in next couple seasons!

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
They’re doing the right thing in holding firm, they can’t give him a 4 year contract on massive wages at 29 when his level is surely going to drop during it. It’s something we should have continued doing, we used to only offer one year deals to players in their thirties but somewhere along the line we lost our way and gave Alexis Sanchez 400,000 a week.

TrustInJanuzaj

Neymar... mbappe... messi

Was supposed to be unstoppable as well

Funny old game football which does not always play out like people think
The difference being those players (bar mbappe) are on the way down, the others still going up.

Red Royal

They’re doing the right thing in holding firm, they can’t give him a 4 year contract on massive wages at 29 when his level is surely going to drop during it. It’s something we should have continued doing, we used to only offer one year deals to players in their thirties but somewhere along the line we lost our way and gave Alexis Sanchez 400,000 a week.
Yeah and there were very few exceptions to that rule if any - and that was when we had a top squad.

Rolaholic

I thought maybe Madrid might go after him if they can't get Mbappe but I'm getting the impression from every single Real fan I've mentioned it to that there's a fair amount of bad blood between the 2 after the incident with Ramos during the CL final a few years ago. They feel that Madridistas wouldn't take to him and he would never want to join them with that history

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
They might replace him with Owen for free and a winger from Wigan.
If they got someone in as good as Valencia was in his first season for us then we’d be annoyed at how good their recruitment is.

PeteManic

He'll be paraded at the Bernabeu before Klopp has his next dentist appointment.

TheRedHearted

Well people say Madrid is off, although I wouldn’t think so.
PsG seems unlikely if Mbappe stays
Wouldn’t be sold to United or City for obvious reasons
All know he he’s lived in Italy but seems unlikely.

will he end up at Newcastle or will his contract run down and at that point PSG will have space for him with Messi gone?

Newcastle would be the only ones to give him a five year contract with the best wages, knowing he’ll drop off anyway.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
The idea of losing Salah doesn’t bother me anywhere near as much it would’ve a couple of years ago. I think we would need to find a left footer who can play on the right though if he does go. I think it suits our game more than having a right footer there. It gives Alexander-Arnold more space to work in and overlap into.

DevilRed

The idea of losing Salah doesn’t bother me anywhere near as much it would’ve a couple of years ago. I think we would need to find a left footer who can play on the right though if he does go. I think it suits our game more than having a right footer there. It gives Alexander-Arnold more space to work in and overlap into.
Sounds exactly like what most of this place was saying when we lost Ronaldo.

Yea. We're going to easily replace 30+ goals a season. No worries.

Are you feck.

Monger

There is a fair chance Mbappe staying in Paris could start the merry-go-round.

Pretty sure we will see Salah to Madrid (Madrid need to save face and clearly have the money)
If RL leaves bayern, they will likely react by chasing Mane.
Liverpool will get bag of money and probably buy Felix, Anthony and Bellingham.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Sounds exactly like what most of this place was saying when we lost Ronaldo.

Yea. We're going to easily replace 30+ goals a season. No worries.

Are you feck.
People said we’d struggle when Coutinho left. Klopp’s a different breed And I trust him/the club to manage that situation. Salah has two goals
In open play since February and we’re not exactly struggling.

Fridge chutney

People said we’d struggle when Coutinho left. Klopp’s a different breed And I trust him/the club to manage that situation. Salah has two goals
Yet you lost VVD last season and you scraped 4th...

Luffy

Gomu Gomu
True, he managed to make you forget Countinwho. But I think if Salah leaves, for at least a bunch of games until his replacement adapts properly, you will miss him like the Sphinx misses its nose.

Status
Not open for further replies.