Mo Salah

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Looks like we are witnessing his prime, unplayable this season.

I wonder how would people rate prime Neymar, prime Bale, prime Hazard and prime Salah in order. I know how deluded Liverpool fans would, so I want takes of resident Utd fans :smirk:
Neymar definitely 1, Hazard definitely 4. I'd probably have Salah 2 and Bale 3, as much as I love Bale.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Definitely think he’s the best in PL history

TheLiverBird

The here and the now

He is the Best player in world football on current form

Pure and simple

Red Pumpkin

Supports
Bayern Munchen
Neymar definitely 1, Hazard definitely 4. I'd probably have Salah 2 and Bale 3, as much as I love Bale.
Absolutely correct, that's how I would have it as well. You could broaden it a bit to include a couple more of the best wingers of the 2010s and I'd probably have my top 10 like this (probably a bit biased as a Bayern-fan):

Extraterrestrials
Messi
Ronaldo
---
Generational
Neymar
---
Balon d'Or-level
Ribéry
Robben
Salah
---
World Class
Reus
Bale
Hazard
Mane

How do you guys see it?

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.

I wonder how would people rate prime Neymar, prime Bale, prime Hazard and prime Salah in order. I know how deluded Liverpool fans would, so I want takes of resident Utd fans :smirk:
Not a United fan but:

Neymar
Hazard
Salah
Bale

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
Don’t get the idea that Hazard was better than Salah. As a winger Salah’s productivity in front of goal is spectacular in a way that Hazard can’t quite match.

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
Don’t get the idea that Hazard was better than Salah. As a winger Salah’s productivity in front of goal is spectacular in a way that Hazard can’t quite match.
Peak Hazard had more for me in terms of all round play and running the game offensively. He obviously didn’t score as many as peak Salah but was a better passer and playmaker. I think peak Neymar is the best because he has everything pretty much.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
Peak Hazard had more for me in terms of all round play and running the game offensively. He obviously didn’t score as many as peak Salah but was a better passer and playmaker. I think peak Neymar is the best because he has everything pretty much.
Salah’s numbers don’t really match that analysis. His G/A contribution is special since 2017. He’s a relentless bully who is now possibly entering a level that Hazard has never reached.

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
Salah’s numbers don’t really match that analysis. His G/A contribution is special since 2017. He’s a relentless bully who is now possibly entering a level that Hazard has never reached.
His numbers are exceptional no doubt and he can dribble, but he’s not a great passer or playmaker IMO.

Thunderhead

Supports
City
He's one of the all time greats of the PL era, absolutely outstanding footballer

TsuWave

I cannot defeat this guy. It actually looks like he’s gone up a level. feck sake

spiriticon

Mo Salah vs Maguire, Lindelof, AWB and Shaw next week

Reckon he could do all four of them and curl it top bins again.

RoyKeaneSaipan

Supports
Liverpool
His numbers are exceptional no doubt and he can dribble, but he’s not a great passer or playmaker IMO.
Emm..... Did you see his assist today? He's absolutely incredible. One of the all time PL greats this man will go down as

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
He literally played one of most sublime assists of the season earlier today. Something De Bruyne would have been proud of.
Yeah it was a good ball but he’s not a great passer generally, do you think that he is?

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
Emm..... Did you see his assist today? He's absolutely incredible. One of the all time PL greats this man will go down as
Yeah I saw it. It was a good pass. He’s not a string puller though, that’s not his game. He has other strengths, it’s not a slight on the guy. Why is everyone getting so offended?

Abraxas

Personally I'd have Salah over Neymar all day. Wouldn't even cross my mind to pick the latter. No messing around, flicks and tricks and all that nonsense, just total efficiency. That's probably just my personal preference though.

I'm also much more impressed with this part of Salah's career than a PSG player. What you do at PSG is nice and all but unless you bag CL after CL then it's not at the pinnacle for most of your matches. That's not to question Neymar and his ability to do it elsewhere because his record is excellent at national level and for Barcelona but you have to simply call it as it is, what Salah is doing is better.

RooneyLegend

Yeah I saw it. It was a good pass. He’s not a string puller though, that’s not his game. He has other strengths, it’s not a slight on the guy. Why is everyone getting so offended?
You can't be a string puller and a wide forward making runs in behind the defence at the same time so that's a moot point really. Stick to just calling him an average passer which he kinda is.

RooneyLegend

Personally I'd have Salah over Neymar all day. Wouldn't even cross my mind to pick the latter. No messing around, flicks and tricks and all that nonsense, just total efficiency. That's probably just my personal preference though.

I'm also much more impressed with this part of Salah's career than a PSG player. What you do at PSG is nice and all but unless you bag CL after CL then it's not at the pinnacle for most of your matches. That's not to question Neymar and his ability to do it elsewhere because his record is excellent at national level and for Barcelona but you have to simply call it as it is, what Salah is doing is better.
Nah, Neymar is better.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Newmar is definitely the best of the three. I've maintained that Hazard was better than Salah but maybe that needs changing given how the former has disappeared and the latter has continued his quality performances. He seems to be more consistent than Hazard.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Newmar is definitely the best of the three. I've maintained that Hazard was better than Salah but maybe that needs changing given how the former has disappeared and the latter has continued his quality performances. He seems to be more consistent than Hazard.
The issue with Hazard is he never score enough goal to be mentioned as the best for an inside/wide forward, and he is not a winger either.

ariveded

He started in PL as another Jamie Vardy. A late bloomer, one time season wonder?.

He is really the best ever late bloomer. I cant think of any average player whose career got world class after age 26.

A underrated player, and he is more than just goals. He has clever movement and that allows additional space for his teammates.

VinzentFTW

Supports
Liverpool
Saying a player isn't as good as the prime form of one of the greatest players ever isn't underrating him ffs. :lol:
Yeah you`re probably right, and not the best spot to point out what i think is true about him being very underrated on this forum.

danamann

Salah is an amazing player but he is quite one-dimensional in a way. Once he decides to go for goal he completely loses awareness of teammates and opponents around him. When he pulls it off it looks great but when he doesn’t it is quite frustrating to watch. He‘d rather try and dribble 3 players than pass to a wide open teammate. He just doesn’t have this part of the game in his locker which is why Neymar will always be the superior player for me.

Statue of Limitations

Hazard was amazing for years, annoyingly so and has largely disappeared now into mediocrity.

Salah was nothing special for years but then just clicked into a turbo gear not many would have guessed he had under Klopp.

Basically I think they have had opposing trajectories. One started very high then declined sharply, one started quite average then shot up.

Who is better individually in Prime? Toss up i think.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

Neymar > Salah > Bale > Hazard

LochGormanAbú

Supports
Liverpool
I would love to hear the undeluded fans suddenly realising Salah even exists this season. Here's a fun fact I heard on radio. Salah has not won a player of the month since April 2018. Yes that's not a typo.

Ronaldo won it last month. Long may the non-delusion around Utd continue. :lol:
Am I the only one that thinks the repeated use of 'undeluded' makes no sense here, surely you mean deluded?

Anyway, Salah definitely best in PL right now, I don't know or follow other football enough to compare on that.

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
You can't be a string puller and a wide forward making runs in behind the defence at the same time so that's a moot point really. Stick to just calling him an average passer which he kinda is.
Well yeah but my point is (and I don’t want to offend anyone here because he’s clearly a player of great skill), if he had the vision of the very best forward players in history he wouldn’t be playing exclusively wide. Obviously I’m not claiming that peak Hazard or even peak Neymar belong in that category either, but their varied abilities allow them to play wide and centrally.

Irrational.

I have to admit I was massively sceptical when Liverpool signed him from Fiorentina and thought they’d overpaid. What an incredible signing he’s turned out to be. You can also guarantee he would be nowhere near the same player at any other team. They always seem to sign players that end up overperforming. They get the best out of their signings: Coutinho, Suarez, Torres, VVD etc., heck even Sturridge was on a huge purple patch when he played for them.

We have a lot to learn - the majority of our so-called ‘super signings’ turn out to be flops.