Mo Salah

DoubleDinhos

Liverpool Fan
Nah, he'd have to stay at Liverpool for at least 5 more years while keeping these numbers up and consistently win things to be able to be called our greatest ever player.

Ronaldo (just guessing here) won everything he could've won at United but isn't even in the conversation (correct me if I'm wrong), just because of the longevity side of it.

Salah is well on his way to put himself clear of our other recent great strikers like Torres and Suarez though, which in itself is an incredible feat. Would probably already make an all-time Liverpool XI and when all is said and done he could be one of our all-time greats. Greatest ever, I'd say he won't achieve that just because he'll eventually leave or regress to the mean.
He's already well clear of Torres. Torres basically had one season at the level Salah has had every season, and, of course, Salah's all round game now is leagues ahead.

I'd have him ahead of Suarez too now. How he's performing right now is as good as Suarez at his best, and I'd never thought that to be possible.

In terms of all time greats, I think if he wins one more major trophy I'd consider him top 10 (maybe even top 5) personally. Barnes is considered an all-time great and he only won two league titles (obviously wasn't competing in the European Cup). His trophy haul is never going to match the 70s/80s greats but those teams weren't having to play this City team, with their bottomless cash, every year in order to win stuff. In the context, I think playing an integral part in another league/CL and he's defo one of the best ever

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
He's already well clear of Torres. Torres basically had one season at the level Salah has had every season, and, of course, Salah's all round game now is leagues ahead.

I'd have him ahead of Suarez too now. How he's performing right now is as good as Suarez at his best, and I'd never thought that to be possible.

In terms of all time greats, I think if he wins one more major trophy I'd consider him top 10 (maybe even top 5) personally. Barnes is considered an all-time great and he only won two league titles (obviously wasn't competing in the European Cup). His trophy haul is never going to match the 70s/80s greats but those teams weren't having to play this City team, with their bottomless cash, every year in order to win stuff. In the context, I think playing an integral part in another league/CL and he's defo one of the best ever
Yeah I can get on board with all of that indeed.

Easier said than done though. I think we are around the same level that we were when we won the league in 19/20 but the competition with Chelsea and City is just a lot better right now than back then. Gonna be one hell of a fight this season imo, which is why I felt the Chelsea game was a major opportunity thrown away after they went down to 10 men.

If Salah keeps this up he'll also break his own PL goal-scoring record, and he's already past Drogba for most goals scored by an African, in only half the games played or something like that. Unreal.

Bearded One

Salah is simply unplayable right now

Gutted that he plays for our fierce rivals, but the guy is otherworldly now and we can only wish and “daydream” that somehow he will come to the end of his powers or Real Madrid comes calling.

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )

Gutted that he plays for our fierce rivals, but the guy is otherworldly now and we can only wish and “daydream” that somehow he will come to the end of his powers or Real Madrid comes calling.
Can't wait for him to leave Liverpool. He's their saving grace at the moment.

Jibbs

He was Messiesque that day.
Having Ronaldo on the field probably inspired him.
But Ronaldo's goal should have stood...it just wasn't United's day.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool

I feel that window is closing fast, he'll be 30 next summer... Madrid know a thing or two about buying a PL winger approaching his 30s by now I'd guess :lol:

KeanoMagicHat

Salah isn't going to leave Liverpool I'm afraid. They won't sell, they'll pay him, he won't kick up a fuss and anyone who pays more has other targets.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
I feel that window is closing fast, he'll be 30 next summer... Madrid know a thing or two about buying a PL winger approaching his 30s by now I'd guess :lol:
Thankfully we went through the 'danger zone' of him fluttering his eyes towards Madrid when Real themselves were going through financial turmoil. Now he's 30 no one will touch him (Newcastle, City, PSG, etc) as either they don't really need him right now or he won't want to go to a rebuild jobby.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
He definitely deserves a pay rise to 400k+/week level with his performance. The best player deserves the best salary. Even Aubameyang earns over £350,000-a-week.

Last edited:

RooneyLegend

Sadly said he can't see himself playing for another team.

Peter Parker's Mask

Supports
Manchester City
In terms of ability and quality of performances over his Liverpool career I'd say he's probably in the conversation already, with perhaps Dalglish, Rush, Gerrard and Suarez his main competition.

In terms of winning stuff he's a way off still. The Liverpool teams of the 70s and 80s can conjure a full XI of players who won at least 3 European Cups and at least 4 league titles, and several more who won at least 2 of each.
Suarez? Really?

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Liverpool will be daft not to pay him what he wants. He could easily sustain this level for 3-4 years.

Lord SInister

where grasses are green and girls are pretty
Suarez? Really?
Suarez had what can be arguably called the greatest season by an individual player given what he was surrounded by.
Of course achievement wise he is nowhere near, but individual quality he showed, he was something else.
Still remember his first match against us, when donkey Kuyt scored a the ugliest hattrick in the history of football, Suarez didnt score a single goal, but he completely destroyed us.

Josh 76

Sadly said he can't see himself playing for another team.
Well he wasn’t going to say anything different. Ronaldo use to say he was happy at Utd right up the the last min before he left for Madrid.

I think he will sign a contract for Liverpool and will play another couple of years then Liverpool will cash in on him. Both parties will be happy!

youmeletsfly

Liverpool will be daft not to pay him what he wants. He could easily sustain this level for 3-4 years.
The same was said about the Hazard and Chelsea situation and look how it turned out.
Actually, when a player is 29, you don't really know, unless he's an absolute fitness unit like Ronaldo.
Liverpool are doing the right thing and are being cautious.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Salah isn't going to leave Liverpool I'm afraid. They won't sell, they'll pay him, he won't kick up a fuss and anyone who pays more has other targets.
I don't think he leaves unfortunately, he's in one of the three best teams in the world and perhaps the two other teams he could go to don't have money for him anyway, don't think Liverpool would have to pay all that much to him but perhaps bonuses based salary come to play to be enough anyway.

RooneyLegend

Well he wasn’t going to say anything different. Ronaldo use to say he was happy at Utd right up the the last min before he left for Madrid.

I think he will sign a contract for Liverpool and will play another couple of years then Liverpool will cash in on him. Both parties will be happy!
Ronaldo? The slave? Come on, he was forcing his way out for a long time before he left.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
I don't think he leaves unfortunately, he's in one of the three best teams in the world and perhaps the two other teams he could go to don't have money for him anyway, don't think Liverpool would have to pay all that much to him but perhaps bonuses based salary come to play to be enough anyway.
It is too risky for Salah to leave and join another team, coach and system at his age. I think his playing style fit perfectly with Klopp's tactic. He will try his best to reach an agreeement with liverpool as long as Klopp remains as liverpool head coach.

Theafonis

In love with @Eboue
Supports
Chelsea
The same was said about the Hazard and Chelsea situation and look how it turned out.
Actually, when a player is 29, you don't really know, unless he's an absolute fitness unit like Ronaldo.
Liverpool are doing the right thing and are being cautious.
Hazard was too casual with his fitness and nutrition. As long as Salah manages those things combined with regular rest, he can play at the top level until 34-35.

Josh 76

Ronaldo? The slave? Come on, he was forcing his way out for a long time before he left.
He may have done so behind the scenes, but not blatantly in a interview with Sky sports.

A player saying he doesn’t want to leave publicly, might be thinking somethings else privately

Sigma501

Supports
Football
I really don't get the 'unfortunately Salah won't leave soon' brigade. I am a football fan and don't follow any particular side but I was delighted to see Lukaku, Ronaldo et al return to the EPL as I want to be able to watch the best players every week.

I love watching Salah play, he reminds me of a flowing Ryan Giggs and sometimes you just have to sit back, eat your popcorn and enjoy the show.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I really don't get the 'unfortunately Salah won't leave soon' brigade. I am a football fan and don't follow any particular side but I was delighted to see Lukaku, Ronaldo et al return to the EPL as I want to be able to watch the best players every week.

I love watching Salah play, he reminds me of a flowing Ryan Giggs and sometimes you just have to sit back, eat your popcorn and enjoy the show.
You are on Manchester United forum, of course Manchester United fans would enjoy watching good players playing somehwere else and not for Liverpool.

Theafonis

In love with @Eboue
Supports
Chelsea
Can’t believe Liverpool let the contract talks drag this long. He’s playing some of the best football of his career. Already has 20 goals for the season.
Also so frustrating to see Liverpool are always blessed with incredible goal scoring forwards on the regular. Salah, Mané, Suarez, Torres, Owen, Fowler, Rush…meanwhile Chelsea remains a forward’s graveyard. Haaland or Salah at Chelsea would immediately lose their goal scoring touch :o:mad:

Zen

Salah, Mbappe and Pogba all on free to RM in the Summer. Throw in Rudiger for good measure.

He's no Hazard in blowing up either, in unbelievably excellent shape. He'll be great until he's 34 too, Liverpool should just give him that year deal, 500k.

arthurka

Salah, Mbappe and Pogba all on free to RM in the Summer. Throw in Rudiger for good measure.

He's no Hazard in blowing up either, in unbelievably excellent shape. He'll be great until he's 34 too, Liverpool should just give him that year deal, 500k.
Liverpool surely won't pay him that kind of money.. right?

FujiVice

The future is running down contracts. Players are encouraged by their agents due to a hatred of the DOFs/CEOs. Loyalty is dead in the game.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
The future is running down contracts. Players are encouraged by their agents due to a hatred of the DOFs/CEOs. Loyalty is dead in the game.
What loyalty? If Salah wasn't good enough for Liverpool anymore, they wouldn't award him with a new contract. They'd find a way get rid of him without hesitation.