Mo Salah

cyberman

Salah is actually the most creative player in the league this season, most assists big chances created, high amount of key passes etc, in fact over the last 3-4 seasons he has been one of the chief playmakers probably behind Fernandes De Bruyne and TAA only, Ronaldo was more electric but their best seasons in the PL are close.

Henry
Ronaldo
Shearer/Salah

is how I would rank it if Salah keeps this form up till the end of the season.
I just can’t see it. I won’t deny Salah is having a great season but there’s levels to this. Ronaldo was the right side on his own, an all round monster.
Do those great players play just as well in the modern game? I think so. Does Salah play well in the era of wide men without being an inside forward? What qualifies him to be greater than Hazard? Rooney? Wayne has the assists, awards and goals as well. There’s a leap from that to Ronaldo / Henry level after that

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
It's all subjective and personal opinion as most things are with football. Henry was the best player in the league when he was on top form at Arsenal. Ronaldo was the best player in the league when he was at United and Salah is currently the best player in the league. Comparing them across different times is difficult as the game changes.
They've all been absolute beasts in their time and separating them from each other is almost impossible.

Righteous Steps

I just can’t see it. I won’t deny Salah is having a great season but there’s levels to this. Ronaldo was the right side on his own, an all round monster.
Do those great players play just as well in the modern game? I think so. Does Salah play well in the era of wide men without being an inside forward? What qualifies him to be greater than Hazard? Rooney? Wayne has the assists, awards and goals as well. There’s a leap from that to Ronaldo / Henry level after that
Salah is also an all round momster, one that works hard, presses, score goals and makes chances at a rate better than anyone in the league overall, all round he is pretty much complete.

Rooney nor Hazard never reached the level where they were looking like the best player in the world, scoring a goal a game while also having a 1 in 2 ratio for assists, Rooney’s best season as a forward he scored 34 goals and actually had 7 assists in all competitions, Salah already has 9 just in the league.

Josh 76

Salah is also an all round momster, one that works hard, presses, score goals and makes chances at a rate better than anyone in the league overall, all round he is pretty much complete.

Rooney nor Hazard never reached the level where they were looking like the best player in the world, scoring a goal a game while also having a 1 in 2 ratio for assists, Rooney’s best season as a forward he scored 34 goals and actually had 7 assists in all competitions, Salah already has 9 just in the league.
Please don’t bring assists into it. Assists only matter if the players around you are scoring too. Rooney might have made plenty of chances for his team mates, who may have not taken them. Is that Rooneys fault ?

cyberman

Rooney is Utds all time top scorer, 2nd highest scorer for a single team in EPL history and has over 100 asssits in the league. For Salah to beat that he has to keep up a fantastic rate until he leaves the league or have very narrow goalposts to add him to the conversation. Rooneys stats also include his past it years which dilutes the whole point anyway

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Mo Salah is actually a bang-average footballer. He scores goals aplenty, sure, but he has a severely limited passing range, poor movement, often miss-times runs, and his beard is frankly unkempt. I think he's been lucky to have such an impressive scoring ratio, as have Liverpool by extension.

He's just not all that.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Please don’t bring assists into it. Assists only matter if the players around you are scoring too. Rooney might have made plenty of chances for his team mates, who may have not taken them. Is that Rooneys fault ?
Rooney mostly had Tevez and Ronaldo to pass to. :eek: Salah has Mane and Firmino. We all know about defensive striker Bobby but Mane also has his fair share of stupid misses. No wonder Salah decides to take all the scoring burden on himself and not pass to those two.

@Random Task either you're on a decent WUM or you don't have much idea about Salah's all round game, especially passing. This is not a hill that others will join you to die on. :houllier:

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
He's an ideal player for Liverpool's system. Should cut out the diving and cheating, mind. I have an issue when he scores a goal born out of cheating then prostrates to thank God.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He's an ideal player for Liverpool's system. Should cut out the diving and cheating, mind. I have an issue when he scores a goal born out of cheating then prostrates to thank God.
Yeah, I hate that too :lol:

He is not very likeable bloke, being muslim myself. But he obviously cares a lot about his image, he is not much worse than someone like Ronaldo in that department.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
Sultan, you I know I respect you but please leave the partisan virtue signalling out of this.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
Yeah, I hate that too :lol:

He is not very likeable bloke, being muslim myself. But he obviously cares a lot about his image, he is not much worse than someone like Ronaldo in that department.
Oh dear. Amar you too? Please Sultan and Amar try not to bring faith into this. Or besmirching a brother. Of course as a footballer, even though dubious, we do it. But to bring the conversation to "I'm a Muslim, but he's a..." is not quite becoming of someone who follows the Sunnah.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Oh dear. Amar you too? Please Sultan and Amar try not to bring faith into this. Or besmirching a brother. Of course as a footballer, even though dubious, we do it. But to bring the conversation to "I'm a Muslim, but he's a..." is not quite becoming of someone who follows the Sunnah.
Salah is far bigger muslim than I ever was and probably ever will be tbf, it's just one small argument why I should maybe like him more than some other player, but I don't.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Bro, it's Salah who's bringing religion into disrepute by his actions after scoring goals knowing it was done in a dishonest manner. He's a great player and I think it's honourable he thanks his maker after scoring. All I'm saying is he's on the world stage and has a great chance and opportunity to be a great example. You seek repentance after doing wrong not thank your creator.

PS: I would say the same if this was a United player.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
Bro, it's Salah who's bringing religion into disrepute by his actions after scoring goals knowing it was done in a dishonest manner. He's a great player and I think it's honourable he thanks his maker after scoring. All I'm saying is he's on the world stage and has a great chance and opportunity to be a great example. You seek repentance after doing wrong not thank your creator.

PS: I would say the same if this was a United player.
You wouldn't.

I've said my bit. May we all be granted hidayat.

Josh 76

Rooney mostly had Tevez and Ronaldo to pass to. :eek: Salah has Mane and Firmino. We all know about defensive striker Bobby but Mane also has his fair share of stupid misses. No wonder Salah decides to take all the scoring burden on himself and not pass to those two.

@Random Task either you're on a decent WUM or you don't have much idea about Salah's all round game, especially passing. This is not a hill that others will join you to die on. :houllier:
Ronaldo and Tevez had left the season when Rooney scored 34 goals and had 7 assists. He was playing with Welbeck and Cleverly

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Mo Salah is actually a bang-average footballer. He scores goals aplenty, sure, but he has a severely limited passing range, poor movement, often miss-times runs, and his beard is frankly unkempt. I think he's been lucky to have such an impressive scoring ratio, as have Liverpool by extension.

He's just not all that.
goals win you games.

BlueHaze

I remember the first day Liverpool signed him. I don't think a single person thought he would become this good. It's crazy how Klopp can make players so much better. I knew Van Dijk was a good player but never thought he would become so good either.

Imo Salah been the best player since his first season at Liverpool. He just keeps producing and never seems to get injured.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
I remember the first day Liverpool signed him. I don't think a single person thought he would become this good. It's crazy how Klopp can make players so much better. I knew Van Dijk was a good player but never thought he would become so good either.

Imo Salah been the best player since his first season at Liverpool. He just keeps producing and never seems to get injured.
They're good players, but the real key to this is the system Klopp has employed at Liverpool. It's why they tend to look so average when playing for their NTs, and why you have people like Henderson getting plaudits (who is average as they come as a footballer). The system is king at Liverpool, and credit where credit is due, it's a very robust system that has maximised their strengths and minimised their weaknesses.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool

He's just not all that.
Well you know what? You're just a bang-average Task. Nothing random about you, just a regular old task, same as all the rest.

But yeah that Salah guy, hell of a player.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Well you know what? You're just a bang-average Task. Nothing random about you, just a regular old task, same as all the rest.

But yeah that Salah guy, hell of a player.
You'd call me anything but regular if you knew what was in my coat pocket right now.

As for Mo being a "hell of a player", I wholeheartedly disagree. He's a top-notch scorer of goals, of this there is no doubt, but his overall ability is barely adequate. I won't go too deep on the guy in case he reads this, but yeah, I think he's one of the worst footballers in PL history, no better than a Sunday Leaguer. You might think I'm crazy or delusional, but I don't think he's any better than me.

Yeah, I said, so what. I'm as good as Mo Salah.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
You'd call me anything but regular if you knew what was in my coat pocket right now.

As for Mo being a "hell of a player", I wholeheartedly disagree. He's a top-notch scorer of goals, of this there is no doubt, but his overall ability is barely adequate. I won't go too deep on the guy in case he reads this, but yeah, I think he's one of the worst footballers in PL history, no better than a Sunday Leaguer. You might think I'm crazy or delusional, but I don't think he's any better than me.

My respect for you is at an all time high.

Sigma

He's just not all that.
This is completely wrong. His first-touch and passing are really top notch. He is an excellent dribbler and his movement is superb. I don't understand if you are just watching a different player and thinking he is Salah. Although I can't tell if you are joking or not.

TheLiverBird

This is completely wrong. His first-touch and passing are really top notch. He is an excellent dribbler and his movement is superb. I don't understand if you are just watching a different player and thinking he is Salah. Although I can't tell if you are joking or not.
He’s fishing mate

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Yeah, he's having an historical season so far

Supports
Chelsea
That's 3? major finals in a row now that he's performed poorly. Seems to be one of those players that is immune to criticism though. Does no one else think outside of his goalscoring he flatters to deceive in a lot of areas? When we're talking about potentially the best player in the world I just expect a bit more impact and involvement in matches other than being on the end of chances.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
That's 3? major finals in a row now that he's performed poorly. Seems to be one of those players that is immune to criticism though. Does no one else think outside of his goalscoring he flatters to deceive in a lot of areas? When we're talking about potentially the best player in the world I just expect a bit more impact and involvement in matches other than being on the end of chances.
he was poor, but nah, his all round game is fantastic.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I think he is run off his feet. Far too many games over last few months.

I really thought they could have gotten by Leeds without him. Now we are into the run-in, it will be even harder to find a rest for him.

It could end up costly when they really need him to step up.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
Scored his pen today but he has to be the "worst" pen taker with one of the best records :lol:

Terrible today and lucky not to be hauled off instead of Mane.

Think that signals what Liverpool intend to do over the next 18 months.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
He’s been the best forward since Aguero cleared off. What a signing. Chelsea must be sickened. This is why I keep calling for players to be loaned out until you’re fairly sure you know what their peak level could be. You buy the potential but then don’t tough it out? It makes no sense unless the player wanted out.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Chelsea handled him well (Rudiger had a very good game) but let’s not pretend he suddenly doesn’t do it in big games. He’s scored twice vs Chelsea this season and scored/got an assist against City.
You don’t take him off in a final because there’s always a chance he does something special, which is less likely with Mane even when he’s having a better game.

Diaz was our best attacking player on the day.

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
Surely not the best player in the world but definitely top 3 right now.

What a signing he has been for Liverpool! Probably needs a little break to recharge.

Diaz looked world class yesterday

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Chelsea handled him well (Rudiger had a very good game) but let’s not pretend he suddenly doesn’t do it in big games. He’s scored twice vs Chelsea this season and scored/got an assist against City.
You don’t take him off in a final because there’s always a chance he does something special, which is less likely with Mane even when he’s having a better game.

Diaz was our best attacking player on the day.
Yeah Salah scores against all kind of teams and his general play is very good too. Threat for 90 mins.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets

Ahh yes the Caf, where I can come and read about how Salah is a bang average Sunday league footballer. I understand not liking the guy for his sh$thousery, and that is absolutely fair. But average Sunday league footballer? :houllier:

Ish

Lights on for Luke

:lol: good old banter

united for life

Surely not the best player in the world but definitely top 3 right now.

What a signing he has been for Liverpool! Probably needs a little break to recharge.

Diaz looked world class yesterday
I actually do not see a better player at the moment. Salah has been pivotal to what Liverpool has achieved over the last 3 years. He is their star player and is a consistent performer. He is smart on the ball, his decision making in front of goal is also excellent. he is world class

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I actually do not see a better player at the moment. Salah has been pivotal to what Liverpool has achieved over the last 3 years. He is their star player and is a consistent performer. He is smart on the ball, his decision making in front of goal is also excellent. he is world class
There are more arguments in his favor of him currently being the best in the world than the opposite, that's for sure.

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
I would still have to put Lewa above him. He's been insane for the last 3 years consistently without any dips in form.

Man's already got 40 goals for the season at this point of the season. Surely, he's better currently and career-wise than Mo?

Salah is the number 2 for me currently. He's totally world class without any doubt!

united for life

I would still have to put Lewa above him. He's been insane for the last 3 years consistently without any dips in form.

Man's already got 40 goals for the season at this point of the season. Surely, he's better currently and career-wise than Mo?

Salah is the number 2 for me currently. He's totally world class without any doubt!
i wouldnt just base it on goals. Lewa plays in an easier league and is actually a striker. Mohamed has been the key to liverpool’s success over the last years. For me it’s the other way around; salah then lewa. But probably “experts” will say Messi is currently still better than both

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
He is 29. I feel like once age starts to catch up with him, Klopps era will be close to over.