Mo Salah

FujiVice

Did Liverpool win the League and I didnt realise it? How does a team get to 100 points and all the papers are talking about Liverpool?

Retrokicks

I imagine, should Liverpool win the CL, Salah will be regarded as the best Liverpool player ever. Whilst they've had some fabulous players in their history, no single player has ever elevated them to a CL win (Gerrard may have been the catalyst for Istanbul) and considering it's his debut season, that would be legendary.

Now they just have to win the CL, which is easier said than done.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
I think we are aiming for the front four positions to be taken up by something like Salah/Firmino/Mane, and someone like Fekir(?) in the advanced midfield. And then have Chamberlain and Lallana as first rotators in for the front four. With Ings and youngsters taking up spots 7 and 8 for those four positions. Maybe Origi will make a return, though I'd be surprised. He's better than the likes of Ings and Solanke though. But we need to find a balance between making sure we have enough quality up front to keep going and also having slots open so that youngsters like Woodburn, Brewster and Wilson don't get squeezed out. If we're serious about youth, these guys need the space.

Hopefully someone like Keita will add more goals than we've seen from Wijnaldum and Hendo. Can was the only midfielder who really chipped in with goals at a ok rate from midfield.

Might be asking a lot for a kid, but someone like TAA should also be looking to add more goals. He's got 3 so far which isn't bad for a fullback, but he could be doing more with his right foot.
The Ings story is sad. If it wasnt for them injuries, I believe he would have become as effective as a Vardy under Klopp's tutelage

As for TAA, as long as he is used at fullback, goals really shouldn't be asked of him. Wijnauldum is the one guy who more goals should be demanded. He has been way too conservative in a Liverpool shirt.

RedMane

Supports
Liverpool
Because they spent that money to sign darmian, blind, mhkitaryan, schneiderlin, fellaini, broken and finished schweinsteiger, do i have to keep going? Having more money to spend is no guarantee of a better team. Atletico Madrid and Juventus have had better teams than anyone in England for years while working on a fraction of the budget
I understand and agree with your view point but my question was in relation to his argument " Premier league is weaker now than it was during Ronaldo days." It's easier to win a weak ( one or two horse leagues) because if you ensure you don't lose against the main contender and match their performance against other teams you have a strong chance of winning the league whereas if there are 5-6 strong teams in the league, even if you ensure you don't lose to 5 contenders you will end up very short of the points needed to win the title even if you win all your games against other teams in the league. Dortmund, athletico and all of the Jose's teams are perfect example of this approach.

Because City's fan base isn't big enough to sell papers. Write a headline about United or Liverpool though and you're laughing.
If you don't have news, make one. Like "Sadio Mane out of champions league due an injury." We had few days back. Sometimes on slow days they can come up with gems like "Felliani to Liverpool."

Last edited by a moderator:

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
I understand and agree with your view point but my question was in relation to his argument " Premier league is weaker now than it was during Ronaldo days." It's easier to win a weak ( one or two horse leagues) because if you ensure you don't lose against the main contender and match their performance against other teams you have a strong chance of winning the league whereas if there are 5-6 strong teams in the league, even if you ensure you don't lose to 5 contenders you will end up very short of the points needed to win the title even if you win all your games against other teams in the league. Dortmund, athletico and all of the Jose's teams are perfect example of this approach.
There were 4 great teams in the league in 2007/08 though, it wasn't a two horse race at all. 3 english teams made the CL semis and it could have been 4 if Liverpool and Arsenal hadn't drawn eachother in the quarters.

Back then the Premier League had the best teams in the world and it was stronger from top to bottom even if they didn't spend as much money.

MuranoLover

City winning the league was obvious during the Winter , so now the more interesting is the CL final .

If Real wins it , it would be devastating for Liverpool and I would make an offer for Firmino .

DevilRed

hope he makes it to the world cup.

Rio said he would be out if its a dislocated shoulder, but I always thought those things tend to heal pretty quickly? You should be able to play on it after a couple weeks rest?

kidbob

Admist all the hilarity I really feel for the guy. He so much deserves to play in the World Cup after the season he's had. Hope he can somehow make it.

SER19

Rio said he would be out if its a dislocated shoulder, but I always thought those things tend to heal pretty quickly? You should be able to play on it after a couple weeks rest?
I think he will. And think Egypt will face Spain in last 16. Tasty

MooseTheMooche

I am certainly not a doctor, but I think it depends on the ligament damage. Marcelo had a shoulder injury, the physios popped it back in, and he was back to his usual self. This looks serious though

Sara125

Hope he recovers for the sake of not just himself but the whole of Egypt, would really be a shame if he didn’t get to play after the season he’s had

ti vu

Hope he recover for the WC. Great players missing WC is a bitch. Not really positive though if the dislocated shoulder suspect is true. Even with the top medical treatment, the cases we know it took months to heal.

Aboutreika18

Will be annoying if he misses out. There's been some great Egyptian players over the years like Ahmed Hassan, Aboutreika, Abd-Rabo etc. who did great for Egypt in the Nations Cup but never got the chance to show their ability on the biggest stage. Hopefully Salah isn't another one of those.

Greek9

Supports
Panathinaikos
All of Egypt must hate Ramos right now...

El Zoido

I would be very surprised if he makes the World Cup. He was crying because that was his concern, not this final.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Will be annoying if he misses out. There's been some great Egyptian players over the years like Ahmed Hassan, Aboutreika, Abd-Rabo etc. who did great for Egypt in the Nations Cup but never got the chance to show their ability on the biggest stage. Hopefully Salah isn't another one of those.
True. It's a huge shame when he's in this sweet spot of his career as well.

Hope he makes the WC. Glad he sat out the CL final for Liverpool but he seems like a genuinely nice bloke and it would be sad for him to miss that.

el3mel

Egypt NT doctor is saying now the injury will be only for 3 weeks max and he has a chance to play in WC. Finger crossed it turns out to be right.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Really hope he can recover for the WC.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
No expert, but the angle his arm was underneath Ramos would make a break quite possible.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Egypt NT doctor is saying now the injury will be only for 3 weeks max and he has a chance to play in WC. Finger crossed it turns out to be right.
Sounds like wishful thinking to me. Any other doctor would not make such claims immediately without some scans first but obviously the Egyptian NT doctor has to qualm some fears now.

We've been hearing the same thing about Gylfi and Aron Einar for weeks now but I don't know anyone that thinks that they'll be ready in a few weeks.

We can only hope that the examination that he's probably going to right turns out well. Was really hoping to see Egypt win that group.

el3mel

Sounds like wishful thinking to me. Any other doctor would not make such claims immediately without some scans first but obviously the Egyptian NT doctor has to qualm some fears now.

We've been hearing the same thing about Gylfi and Aron Einar for weeks now but I don't know anyone that thinks that they'll be ready in a few weeks.

We can only hope that the examination that he's probably going to right turns out well. Was really hoping to see Egypt win that group.
He said that he's in contact with Liverpool medical stuff not that he made it from the scene. They should have already done some X-ray at least by now and are starting to determine the extent of injury so it seems logical the NT doctor will contact them and ask for the X-ray results.

Trophy Room

The mechanism of injury is more in keeping with a # clavicle. His shoulder did not look dislocated when he walked into the tunnel.