Mo Salah

Kostov

I dont see this. Sancho is more creative isnt it? They need a left footed goal scorer if Salah goes.

They have Harvey Elliot as a youngster who I dont know much about.

I can see them maybe trying for Ousamanne Dembele, Raphinha, Chukwueze possibly.
Sadly but whoever it is, it will probably be a great buy considering their way of doing business. As you mentioned someone like Raphinha and you just know Klopp will make him go up a level.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Doubt they would look for a like for like. If they sell Salah, I have no doubt in my mind they would be in for Sancho.
Good thing is I can't see him leaving this summer.
Could be.

They would arguably need a more traditional central striker as well which might be the case because I think the Firmino system is looking a bit finished now.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Sadly but whoever it is, it will probably be a great buy considering their way of doing business. As you mentioned someone like Raphinha and you just know Klopp will make him go up a level.
Keita, Thiago, Minamino, Kabak, Tsimikas...

TheReligion

Abusive
Yes probably one of those great buys like Keita

Bwuk

Salah, Mane, VvD & Fabinho all only have 2 years on their contracts come the summer I believe.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Africa nations cup in January so we effectively only have Salah left for one and a half seasons. After that he's in the too old category. If we are going for Sancho we need to get value from him now as much as it hurts.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Africa nations cup in January so we effectively only have Salah left for one and a half seasons. After that he's in the too old category. If we are going for Sancho we need to get value from him now as much as it hurts.
That's a shame. I forgot they'd scheduled next season to only last 2 months. :(

Salah, Mane, VvD & Fabinho all only have 2 years on their contracts come the summer I believe.
VDV will deffo sign - anyone in that situation would. Unless an offer is not forthcoming from Liverpool due to his injury.

I know there are constant rumours about Salah. But why would the others want to leave?

I could see some players wanting to move on if Kloop goes, but even if he did most players would be happy to give a new manager a chance.

I expect at least 3/4 of those to sign new contracts this summer.

Judas

Open to offers
Really hope he stays and some mugs don't give them daft money this summer they can reinvest.

Hopefully the Scousers do what they did with Gerrard and force him to stay.

Lynty

Probably a good move for all parties involved if they pay a decent price. This Liverpool team peaked, need to reinvest.

Judas

Open to offers
Salah's greediness and lack of being a team player would see him slated on here. Rashford gets a ridiculous amount of stick, and he's from the bloody academy.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Salah's greediness and lack of being a team player would see him slated on here. Rashford gets a ridiculous amount of stick, and he's from the bloody academy.
Salah's goal to assist ratio from this year would make Pippo Inzaghi blush :lol:

I think half the reason Mane's numbers have been shit this year is because Salah never fecking passes to him.

Judas

Open to offers
Salah's goal to assist ratio from this year would make Pippo Inzaghi blush :lol:

I think half the reason Mane's numbers have been shit this year is because Salah never fecking passes to him.
It's so true. Salah's numbers are fantastic, but Rashford's aren't shit, doesn't save him from people saying he does nothing all game. Salah is similar these days, greedy, doesn't add much to build up, but always likely to get a goal.

Josh 76

VDV will deffo sign - anyone in that situation would. Unless an offer is not forthcoming from Liverpool due to his injury.

I know there are constant rumours about Salah. But why would the others want to leave?

I could see some players wanting to move on if Kloop goes, but even if he did most players would be happy to give a new manager a chance.

Reasons why players would want to move .
More money
Better climate
Cultural /family
Childhood dream

players are not like fans. It’s just a job for them.

Reasons why players would want to move .
More money
Better climate
Cultural /family
Childhood dream

players are not like fans. It’s just a job for them.
they are all generic reasons that can apply to any player.

Are there any specific reasons why they would want to leave?

Blood Mage

Still a great player but the dippers would be wise to cash in at this point considering they need a big rebuild.

Watch them sign Sancho as a replacement for £30m less than Dortmund were asking from us, the cnuts.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
I think Rashford would be given a lot more leeway if he'd scored 93 PL goals the last four seasons instead of 44.

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam

Could be loads of reasons right.. Living in a warmer climate for example.. They are all - apart from VVD - players who grew up in hot countries..

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
There are times I have felt like throwing the remote at the TV cause of how greedy he is.

IrishBlue1

Supports
Everton
He's had a good goalscoring season despite how poor Liverpool have been this season, compared to the last 2 seasons.
If they were to sell him and he was to move abroad what clubs would be able to spend big money?
Especially as they'd have to spend big money to replace him you'd think.

They'd be better off keeping him. But suppose they will have to revamp the forward line sooner or later.

Threesus

There are times I have felt like throwing the remote at the TV cause of how greedy he is.
To be fair, Firmino and mane have been very poor for some time now. It’s understandable why he has been like that. He is their only reliable scorer of goals and their only potent offensive threat right now.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
They will probably replace him with Sancho if he goes....
That’d be extremely annoying, but not the end of the world. Sancho should be the Mane replacement. They’d need Sancho alongside Salah, not the to replace him. It’s like when Hazard replaced Ronaldo. Obviously that transfer never worked out but the styles were completely different and quite similar to the two mentioned here — a creative dribbler replacing a goalscoring menace is never quite the right call.

Kostov

Keita, Thiago, Minamino, Kabak, Tsimikas...
Yes probably one of those great buys like Keita
For every Keita, there is Wijnaldum, or for Minamino there's Jota. Unlike us for example for every Matic there is Fred or DVB.
That’d be extremely annoying, but not the end of the world. Sancho should be the Mane replacement. They’d need Sancho alongside Salah, not the to replace him. It’s like when Hazard replaced Ronaldo. Obviously that transfer never worked out but the styles were completely different and quite similar to the two mentioned here — a creative dribbler replacing a goalscoring menace is never quite the right call.
I get your point but, it doesn’t have to be a like for like replacement really. They could get more goals from elsewhere for example (Jota instead of Firmino) and that is why them getting Sancho would be worrying imo.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
For every Keita, there is Wijnaldum, or for Minamino there's Jota. Unlike us for example for every Matic there is Fred or DVB.
I’m thinking of Solskjaer rather than Mourinho:

Maguire, Bruno, Cavani, Wan Bissaka is not a bad selection from 18 months of management.

TheReligion

Abusive
Bit daft really. You're basically saying every team makes good and bad signings which is true.

What isn't true is everything Liverpool do is brilliant as your post tried to suggest.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
It's so true. Salah's numbers are fantastic, but Rashford's aren't shit, doesn't save him from people saying he does nothing all game. Salah is similar these days, greedy, doesn't add much to build up, but always likely to get a goal.
Salah has 34 G&A this season.

Rashford has 35 G&A this season.

Guess which one is given so much shit by our fans...

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Still a great player but the dippers would be wise to cash in at this point considering they need a big rebuild.

Watch them sign Sancho as a replacement for £30m less than Dortmund were asking from us, the cnuts.
Dippers aren't signing Sancho if they do not get into the CL. This is why I keep banging on about rolling over for Leicester tomorrow. If the Dippers do not get in the CL, their tight venture capitalistic owners won't spend and may even try to 'balance the books' by selling one or two of their good players to help ease the hit. I mean just look at how they've spent since they have been there. Only time they went big was went Barca dragged too hard on the crack pipe and gave them €150m for Coutinho.

Them missing out on CL is really important as all their best players peaks are receding faster than Mane's hairline and their owners only see them as a financial asset. Let's get them back to where they belong.

Kostov

Bit daft really. You're basically saying every team makes good and bad signings which is true.

What isn't true is everything Liverpool do is brilliant as your post tried to suggest.
They’ve done some great business in recent years unlike us and 90% of the other teams, therefore them winning the league and the CL. Of course as everybody they’ve done some duds, but especially for attackers they know how to spot a gem.

PaulScholes99

Salah has 34 G&A this season.

Rashford has 35 G&A this season.

Guess which one is given so much shit by our fans...
Did you use the stats from "Transfermarkt"? Because they count won penalties as assists. But you could argue that a won penalty is as important as an assist. Rashford won 2, Salah 0.

But even crazier when you look at the stats without penalties scored.

Salah with 27 G&A (22G, 5A) this season. 14G+4A in premier league without penalties in 2722 minutes. +0 penalties won.

Rashford with 32 G&A (19G, 13A) this season. 10G+9A in premier league without penalties in 2786 minutes. +2 penalties won which you counted as assists.

So without penalties (Salah scored 7/7, Rashford 1/1) the stats are definitely in favour for Rashford. He can be a bit frustrating at times and his form is not great right now but he gets far too much shit for his performances. Former academy player, good lad and plays on a very high level. Still does get so much shit...

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
I think it's probably fairer to say that Klopp has gotten more out of his signings, rather than simply saying that more of our signings have been a success. There are some like Chamberlain and Shaqiri who probably aren't successes. Then you have Klavan, Karius, Caulker, Tsimikas, Keita, Thiago. Players who haven't worked out as planned. Mostly cheaper signings but not successful ones.

The likes of Salah, Mane, Wijnaldum, Van Dijk, Alisson, Robertson, Matip and Fabinho have all been excellent and performed at incredibly high levels since coming in. Jota has had a good start as well.

Salah hasn't had a good season. I don't care what anyone says about his goal tally. He's been greedy all season.

RUCK4444

Did you use the stats from "Transfermarkt"? Because they count won penalties as assists. But you could argue that a won penalty is as important as an assist. Rashford won 2, Salah 0.

But even crazier when you look at the stats without penalties scored.

Salah with 27 G&A (22G, 5A) this season. 14G+4A in premier league without penalties in 2722 minutes. +0 penalties won.

Rashford with 32 G&A (19G, 13A) this season. 10G+9A in premier league without penalties in 2786 minutes. +2 penalties won which you counted as assists.

So without penalties (Salah scored 7/7, Rashford 1/1) the stats are definitely in favour for Rashford. He can be a bit frustrating at times and his form is not great right now but he gets far too much shit for his performances. Former academy player, good lad and plays on a very high level. Still does get so much shit...
Yeah people like to pick on certain players for no reason and Marcus seems to be one of those.

He has frustrating moments, decision making can improve etc, but overall he’s a very important player for us.