Mo Salah

KetilOwren88

Great form and great player, even though he is not likeable at all for me for obvious reason. Anyway, he missed an absolute sitter against Brentford when Liverpool were still 3-2 up. He scores a lot of goals, but he has never been one of the most clinical finishers in the game. A United player doing that chip, which in the end did cost the team a win, would be scapegoated in the media.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
We're like 5/7 games into the season. Calm down with the best player in the world stuff chaps. A short while ago , KDB was everyone's PL best player.

InfiniteBoredom

We're like 5/7 games into the season. Calm down with the best player in the world stuff chaps. A short while ago , KDB was everyone's PL best player.
Hes been consistently excellent the last 4 or 5 years. On this form hes unquestionably top 3 in the world.

Would get appreciated a lot more here the moment he leaves Liverpool, just as Alonso or Suarez. Which, annoyingly, doesnt seem to be happening anytime soon, unless Mbappe leaves and PSG take a fancy to him.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Would be a shame if he never wins a Ballon D’or before end of career. Best player in the world on current form for me.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
That goal should be goal of the season. The technical ability, composure and awareness is just brilliant.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Great player but imagine most Liverpool fans are a bit torn on him given that summer he spent pushing to try and get a move to come to Utd.
Could you link us to any evidence of this supposed summer?

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I still can't believe Mourinho didn't fancy either him or de Bruyne at Chelsea. Both have a claim to be the best players in Europe when on form.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I had that goal in mind actually, and I have to say it's on a par. There was no close marking and Maradona had time and space, which Saleh didn't. I think those goals are as good as each other. The control in that tight space was phenomenal.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
It would be perfect. Him winning a Ballon d'Or would more than likely mean Liverpool winning a big trophy. The diving twat
I think it is more likely he moves on to be honest.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I had that goal in mind actually, and I have to say it's on a par. There was no close marking and Maradona had time and space, which Saleh didn't. I think those goals are as good as each other. The control in that tight space was phenomenal.
True but in Maradona's case, he had a lot more of ground to cover and the stakes were higher

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Wasn’t there a thread with people not convinced and calling him a one season wonder? It was obvious he is a great player.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
He’s a very good player but why the feck does he play like a small dog on a sugar rush that just scraps for everything?
It's one of his better qualities. Relentless.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Hes been consistently excellent the last 4 or 5 years. On this form hes unquestionably top 3 in the world.

Would get appreciated a lot more here the moment he leaves Liverpool, just as Alonso or Suarez. Which, annoyingly, doesnt seem to be happening anytime soon, unless Mbappe leaves and PSG take a fancy to him.
Yeah but there's a difference between being a top 10 player in the world and the very best.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
He’s a very good player but why the feck does he play like a small dog on a sugar rush that just scraps for everything?
Who you talking about? Suarez, Tevez, Aguero or Salah.

See what I did there?

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
He may/may not win a Ballon d'Or not because he's Egyptian but because he's not good enough as Messi, Ronaldo and others.
At the moment he is better, logically so but his nationality would always have been a big problem regardless. I mean it in terms of popularity, in terms of Egypt being competitive at the international level

christinaa

Gossip Girl
At the moment he is better, logically so but his nationality would always have been a big problem regardless. I mean it in terms of popularity, in terms of Egypt being competitive at the international level
He is better?!
The mind boggles!

Cracking player. I don't think he's as good as he was a couple of years ago though.

He is better?!
The mind boggles!
Have you seen Messi recently? And Ronaldo is hardly the all conquering player he was 5 years ago either. There are a few better players than them out there now.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
At the moment being the key words. However Ballon d'Or do require a lot more consistency.
Even if Salah was as consistent and as performing as them, he would never win the Ballon d'Or.
If he keeps playing to this level he may well get the Ballon d'Or but he's got a bit more to reach Messi, Ronaldo levels.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Cracking player. I don't think he's as good as he was a couple of years ago though.

Have you seen Messi recently? And Ronaldo is hardly the all conquering player he was 5 years ago either. There are a few better players than them out there now.
We're talking about Messi and Ronaldo of before 2/3 years ago.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Has taken his game up a level this season it seems - amazing given his standards since arriving at Liverpool.

Oranges038

That goal yesterday was top class, just brilliant from him.

Is he the best in the world? He's up there, whether he is or not is a matter of opinion, for me he's definitely the best in his position.

Rio and Owen were talking about this last week on BT, from memory there were criticisms about how he tends to be on the periphery of games and just comes alive when he needs to. But, then again they were creaming themselves over Messi playing walkabout against City.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Well you were alone in that discussion. Who would be crazy to make that comparison ?
So he's presently not good as Messi and Ronaldo were a few years ago but he can/should win the Ballon d'Or?
Lewandowski presently is much better.

Mike Smalling

His second and third season at Liverpool weren't all that spectacular, and he was second best to Mané for a significant period on time, if I remember correctly. Now he seems to have reverted to the form he showed in his first season which is a worry.

It is definitely a possibility that he could win the Balon D'Or if he keeps it up. It would also depend on if Liverpool manage to grab a trophy of some significance.

dinostar77

Maradona v England started on the halfway line in a qf of a world cup. Salahs goal as great as it was, is in a PL game.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
He's probably the most on-form player in the league in the moment, even though overall I'd still take De Bruyne over him. Not sure about Ballon d'Or, currently Lewandowski has to be ahead of everyone & even then there are the likes of Benzema who as well upped him game in an incredible fashion since the beginning of the season.