Music Mockney's Classical Music Thread

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
We went to a Mozart concert in Vienna last year and I've been trying to find one of the pieces of music they did ever since, with no joy. It had a woman playing a small mouth instrument- doodle oodle ooh, doodle oodle ooh, doodle oodle oodle ooh, ded ded der ded ded der ded ded der ded ded der....Dunno if she was playing a piccolo. Louds of bowing and all that shit, as they do at these things. Excuse my bad phonetics @Waltraute
:lol: Feck sake. Any luck finding it in the end?

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
:lol: Feck sake. Any luck finding it in the end?
:lol:No help from this thread, probably unsurprisingly, but my rubbish spelling out of the tune has brought it back to me- it's really famous so can't be that hard for me to find surely.

Wow Vienna was six years ago now- fabulous place.

Actually going to see a performance of Vivaldi's Four Seasons next week, in keeping with this thread.

Fingeredmouse

:lol:No help from this thread, probably unsurprisingly, but my rubbish spelling out of the tune has brought it back to me- it's really famous so can't be that hard for me to find surely.

Wow Vienna was six years ago now- fabulous place.

Actually going to see a performance of Vivaldi's Four Seasons next week, in keeping with this thread.

This one?

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
I saw this in the Philharmonie in Berlin a few weeks back, it was amazing. A bit cliched, but the Nimrod variation (starts at 14:46 here) was the absolute highlight - it was somehow even more beautiful live, and played at the perfect tempo (I find it can be a bit rushed sometimes).

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
I saw this in the Philharmonie in Berlin a few weeks back, it was amazing. A bit cliched, but the Nimrod variation (starts at 14:46 here) was the absolute highlight - it was somehow even more beautiful live, and played at the perfect tempo (I find it can be a bit rushed sometimes).

Totally cliche but still absolute class - and a joy to experience live for sure.