Moderator edits post to say something entirely different

Status
Not open for further replies.

AkaAkuma

which then results with passive bullying which is allowed to continue by the mods as 'banter'. There is serious double standards on this forum.

SparkedIntoLife

It's actually way better than it used to be. It used to be a Wild West, where people have tried to meet up for fights and where posters have at times said to other posters that they're glad that their partner miscarried. Those are personal abuses and insults. The forum today is incredibly sanitized over how it was a decade ago.

With regards to the OP's post about Pogba, I would imagine that people were tired of reading the 15,000th non original post about Pogba's attitude that offered nothing new, and was just an excuse to attack somebody yet then cries foul when they're made the subject of something lighthearted.
Glad it is better. I still think we should aspire for the insult and ganging up mentality to be reduced as much as possible. Maybe it's a lot to ask... I'm not expecting this to become Mumsnet where every post seems to start "Aw bless you hun" but a little more kindness and civility would make it a more enjoyable forum, at least for me and I guess many others too. I'd certainly have more posts than 500 (wahey, a landmark moment for me here :)) in over 6 years.

As for the OP's post, I can accept it might have been superfluous of him to bring up Pogba in contrast with Williams' attitude. I also recognise it's a point that many people have laboured. Yet is it a mod's place to 1) change what was said when it doesn't break clear rules and 2) personally insult a poster? Insults are usually only light hearted when there's existing rapport there. Also, there's many times that superfluous, cliched tangents are brought into posts; notably politics (as you said before, predominantly left leaning sentiments) being shoehorned recklessly into football threads. I don't really see these challenged and certainly not in the same manner.

The Don

Metrosexual Candy Shagger
Dayman, ahhhahhhahh, fighter of the nightman
It's actually way better than it used to be. It used to be a Wild West, where people have tried to meet up for fights and where posters have at times said to other posters that they're glad that their partner miscarried. Those are personal abuses and insults. The forum today is incredibly sanitized over how it was a decade ago.

With regards to the OP's post about Pogba, I would imagine that people were tired of reading the 15,000th non original post about Pogba's attitude that offered nothing new, and was just an excuse to attack somebody yet then cries foul when they're made the subject of something lighthearted.
Zarlak is talking sense here. Who edited this post? :p

AkaAkuma

Glad it is better. I still think we should aspire for the insult and ganging up mentality to be reduced as much as possible. Maybe it's a lot to ask... I'm not expecting this to become Mumsnet where every post seems to start "Aw bless you hun" but a little more kindness and civility would make it a more enjoyable forum, at least for me and I guess many others too. I'd certainly have more posts than 500 (wahey, a landmark moment for me here :)) in over 6 years.

As for the OP's post, I can accept it might have been superfluous of him to bring up Pogba in contrast with Williams' attitude. I also recognise it's a point that many people have laboured. Yet is it a mod's place to 1) change what was said when it doesn't break clear rules and 2) personally insult a poster? Insults are usually only light hearted when there's existing rapport there. Also, there's many times that superfluous, cliched tangents are brought into posts; notably politics (as you said before, predominantly left leaning sentiments) being shoehorned recklessly into football threads. I don't really see these challenged and certainly not in the same manner.
Mumsnet can be savage at times

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.

People are actually regularly banned or driven away from places like Mumsnet due to personal insults and people ganging up on you because of something you said. You can Google search many examples of those complaints.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
I took a whupping from the Mumsnet gang the other night. Then they got on their Harleys and rode off.

Green_Red

Pogba didn't play for weeks, why would anyone feel the need to criticise his contribution to anything right now? Crazy shit. We won against Chelsea away from home. Enjoy it ffs.

arnie_ni

Alternatively I can say that if a poster really reacts in such ways to this, then he/she might want to consider other avenues for their internet experience.
So we aren't accepting of all?

Im not even sure i would notice a mod editing my post, and if they did, it wouldn't bother me. I do however realise that "banter" doesn't work with all folks i know personally and i apply that to my internet personality as well.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
I'm closing this thread. Both sides have sufficiently had their say I think.

Editing the post was probably not the most appropriate thing to do. A thread title change, or warning / thread closer was probably more appropriate. Having said that, some people need to lighten up. The mods do an incredible job keeping this place in order, something that has never been more difficult given all the mass negativity at the moment. Toes may be stepped on from time-to-time, but the intention is always for the betterment of the entire community. So I suggest everyone draw a line under this and move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.