Modern Draft QF: Enigma/TRV vs Indnyc

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
vs
........................................ TEAM ENIGMA/TRV ................................................................................. TEAM INDNYC .........................................

TEAM ENIGMA/TRV

Formation:-
4-2-3-1.
Defensive Line:- Normal.
Style:- Direct. Technical unit, whilst also excellent in transition with lots of versatility and skill in attack.

Short Team Profiles.

GK:- Fernando Muslera
- Proven at the highest level and two great WC's, Copa America win, two times in a row chosen as IFFHS Best Goalkeeper(6th, 7th). An extremely reliable goalkeeper with the ability pull off match-winning saves consistently.
RB:- Dani Carvajal - Probably the best right back in the pool. A key outlet in Real Madrid's right wing and was one of their most influential players in their 4 CL triumphs. Excellent credentials in both phases - defensively as well as overlapping and supporting the attack.
LB:- Faouzi Ghoulam - Before the injury he was one of the best LB's in the world. Ghoulam has proven to be one of the most exciting left-backs in Serie A - he is quick and powerful, with exquisite technique. When he joined Napoli, the club doctors were astonished to find that his medical tests bettered those of Edinson Cavani. The Algerian is able to run up and down the wing tirelessly, and is especially good at joining attacks.
CB:- Mats Hummels - WC winner, 4 BL titles, regularly chosen in team of the year both in the BL and on international stage. Hummels quickly became the cornerstone of Dortmund’s defense as well as the attacking style Klopp instilled. An outstanding defender, who is a beast aerially and reads the game as well as any CB in the modern era. What makes Hummels stand out above his peers is his technique and ability to join the attack and initiate plays out of the defense. Kicker ranked him as the only player in the league worthy of the “international class” rank at his time at Dortmund, putting him in a class of his own.
CB:- José Giménez - Giménez is basically a whirling dervish, a constantly active defender chasing and harassing forwards. He has learned to channel better his aggressiveness and combine that with his outstanding athleticism and improved reading of the game. Gimenez combines his power, pace, and positioning, he is dynamic, forceful and utilizes his intelligence.
CM:- N'Golo Kanté - The pillar of Leicester City’s fairytale title win in 2015-16 and incredibly then won the Premier League again the following season after a £32million move to Chelsea. He was named the PFA Player of the year and FWA Footballer of the Year on the back of his success, but these tributes from some of the biggest names in the game may mean even more to the Frenchman. His contribution to France’s World Cup campaign can not be underestimated. A supreme tackler with a superhuman work rate, he has improved with the ball at his feet dramatically since moving to Chelsea. More abstractly, he levels the balance of any side.
CM:- Toni Kroos - Alongside Modrić and Casemiro formed the second best modern midfield after the Barca trio. Toni Kroos is undoubtedly one of the best midfielders in the world. He has been dubbed by Spanish publication Marca as “a one-man orchestra”, while Germany coach Joachim Löw lauds the “symmetry and balance” he brings to a side and Zinedine Zidane has called him the “perfect” player for Real Madrid. He was considered a Jahrhunderttalent – “a talent of the century” – when Bayern Munich plucked him from the youth ranks of Hansa Rostock in summer 2006.
AM:- James Rodríguez - The footballer captivated the world at the tournament in Brazil four years ago, where he was the top scorer of the competition. James' football pedigree has many facets. His quality is indisputable, as the Colombian possesses many of the characteristics that make him a top player. James can turn a rival inside out. He is able to eliminate three opponents with a single touch as his talent is innate and that helps him play in midfield or in any area of the attack.
LWF:- Eden Hazard - Following on from a terrific World Cup with Belgium, the Chelsea ace has started the season in better form than any of the game's other superstars. One of the most gifted players of its generation he's enormous presence up front and brings a lot of playmaking, skill and passing ability on the table.
RWF:- Alexis Sánchez - The driving force behind Chile’s Copa-America triumphs. Fantastic output throughout his career, starting from his Udinese days. However it was at Arsenal, where he would claim to be one of the best players in the world. A dynamo, he can play on both wings and as a forward as well. The comination of dribbling, passing, shooting and pressing makes him one of the biggest threats to any defense in the entire league.
CF:- Gonzalo Higuaín - 36 goals in Serie A. No one like him in the history of the Italian league. This is Gonzalo Higuaín’s incredible score in the 2015/16 Serie-A season. A player who, under Sarri’s direction, found his second youth, shown the world how, as an excellent player, with hard work and the support of a great team, you can become a top player. And, it wasn't just at Napoli. He was devastating at Juventus as well and thrived in a more conservative system under Allegri. Higuaín was awarded Juve's MVP in the last two seasons ahead of the likes of Dybala, Pjanic, Chiellini and Bonucci etc. Higuaín scores in every way possible. On penalty shots, from outside the area, with acrobatic moves, inside the penalty area or with a brilliant tap-in. He is an all-around centre forward, capable of manoeuvring, striking from any distance, inflicting damage in any possible way, but also creating favourable spaces for his teammates to move into. He is that player that we can, and must, define as “unmarkable”. A true fox in the box, who with his movement can cause chaos to any defensive backline

Defence:- We have got a very solid unit and definitely one of the best defences. Stylistically Hummels and Giménez are a great fit who complement each other perfectly and both are top class CB at their peak (approaching for Giménez). Hummels ability to take the ball out from the back and initiate attacks is welcome, whilst our full back pair is very balanced and solid in both phases of the play, proven both in Europe, internationally and for their clubs. Hummels and Giménez are the perfect sweeper/stopper pairing and would thrive being paired together. And with Carvajal and Ghoulam as full-backs, we have two excellent full-backs who tick all the boxes you need from modern full-backs. Excellent going forward, but really solid defensively as well.
Midfield:- A double pivot of Kanté and Kroos, with James as the attacking midfielder is possibly the best midfield in this draft. It has everything. In Kanté and Kroos, we have a pretty solid duo which can both control the game and also press the opposition in making turnovers and regaining possession for our side. Kanté is the master of winning back the possession and in Kroos, we have one of the best passers of the modern era to control the game and initiate attacks from deep. In James, we have the perfect attacking midfielder, who can not only help the central midfield by making himself available for passes consistently but also support the attack by creating for them and also linking-up with them.
Attack:- Sánchez/Higuaín/Hazard has it all - finishing ability, pace, movement, trickery and ability to create a lot of chances given the opportunity. We'd back our attack to create havoc against any defence and outscore them. Our new acquisition Hazard offers a lot of additional playmaking, sheer ability on the ball and immense dribbling that can constantly probe and trouble the opposition defence. Higuaín leads the line for us, with Hazard playing as left wing forward, where he has the complete license to cut inside and link-up with the rest of the attackers as well as take on the opposition right-back/right-sided centre back and leave them clueless how to handle him. On the other flank, we have got Sánchez. While Hazard brings playmaking and insane close-control, Sánchez provides us with pace, power and penetration. His outstanding movement means he can be a threat both when he is on the ball and also off the ball, where he can make runs beyond the backline and run the channels as well.

All said and done, we have quality throughout the pitch and genuine proven mach-winners who can win games single-handedly.

TEAM INDNYC:

Tactics

We continue to play a high press tactic with some changes in personnel and tweaks in positioning. The formation continues to be a 3-4-3/3-5-2 with similarities to a Zona Mista rather than the Bayern 3-5-2.

The key tactic for me is to stop Hazard from dictating the play. I believe the high press here will help in recovering the ball quicker and limiting the time on the ball for him.

Jordi Alba continues to play the left wing back role and Valencia on the other flank is more side midfielder than a proper wing back.

My defense is bolstered by arguably one of the best defenders in the pool. Bonucci is the perffect playmaker/defender in the middle of the defense. He can step out in the midfield and help with quick transitions

Verratti in place of Banega is my other upgrade. One of the best central midfielders in the pool, he adds a lot of creativity from the middle of the park and his long balls to the wing and short passes to Reus/Coutinho/Lewandowski will significantly improve my attack.

Coutinho is given a freeish role on the left to cut inside or go wide as the play dictates. Reus is given a more central role to reignite the partnership with Lewandowski

Last edited:

The Red Viper

Supports
Liverpool
Indnyc has got a really good team but imo, in terms of quality its nowhere near us. Lewy, Alba and Bonucci aside, no one will get into our team.

Also, with the set-up he has employed, Azpi would be left one-on-one to deal vs Hazard a lot and as good as he is, he won't be able to slow Hazard down.

On the other flank, Koscienly would be exposed big time vs Alexis. He was a good defender in his peak but he simply doesn't have the discipline required to play there, especially against a player of Alexis' calibre who with his pace and penetration would give him nightmares. Now, Alba could help him out but that would mean he is pegged back and won't be able to provide the width down that flank. However, on counters Alexis vs Koscienly would be a bloodbath. Especially with James and Kroos supplying from midfield.

Indnyc

Indnyc has got a really good team but imo, in terms of quality its nowhere near us. Lewy, Alba and Bonucci aside, no one will get into our team.

Also, with the set-up he has employed, Azpi would be left one-on-one to deal vs Hazard a lot and as good as he is, he won't be able to slow Hazard down.

On the other flank, Koscienly would be exposed big time vs Alexis. He was a good defender in his peak but he simply doesn't have the discipline required to play there, especially against a player of Alexis' calibre who with his pace and penetration would give him nightmares. Now, Alba could help him out but that would mean he is pegged back and won't be able to provide the width down that flank. However, on counters Alexis vs Koscienly would be a bloodbath. Especially with James and Kroos supplying from midfield.
Few things to address. I don't see the vast difference in quality at all. Azpilicueta and Alba are the best full backs. Bonucci and Hummels are fairly equal. Koscielny is no worse than Giminez (At least not yet as Giminez is still developing and i think would go on to be significantly better)

Coming to the midfield Kross and Verratti are fairly comparable? Reus and Rodriguez as well?

Sanchez imo had his best performances from the left. He can of course still be devastating from the right but i feel that isn't his strongest position. If it were, United wouldn't be struggling to play from the right. His best performances for Arsenal came from the left.

Koscielny was one of the best in the league for a period of time. He constantly had to cover for Gibbs on that side and feel he'll have a good handle on the role he has to play here

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
I can't see peak Koscielny being troubled by an Alexis Sanchez playing on the right. Alexis on the right is not a compelling player for me really. Koscielny has the speed and positioning to deal with a gung ho selfish player like Alexis.

Indnyc

I think the key battle and an area for strength for us is going to be down the left flank for the opposition. Imo, Ghoulam is the biggest weakness for the opposition and facing a peak Valencia who was devastating in supplying crosses (before he forgot how to do that) both high and low and can see him finding Lewandowski and Reus fairly consistently

Enigma_87

You know who
I can't see peak Koscielny being troubled by an Alexis Sanchez playing on the right. Alexis on the right is not a compelling player for me really. Koscielny has the speed and positioning to deal with a gung ho selfish player like Alexis.
Alexis is starting nominally on the right. 3 of our front four are very dynamic - James, Alexis and Hazard are versatile and can play either centrally or on the flanks.

Alexis in question was great for you as a false 9 of sorts so I don’t get the criticism being in the right especially having such a track record playing on the right for club and country.

Now Kos has play d at his peak in flat back four, playing in a back three has very different responsibilities and I doubt he’s as good in this role as is Cesar for example on the other side.

He will no doubt have issues with Alexis and even at his peak he was prone to occasional mistake.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Alexis is starting nominally on the right. 3 of our front four are very dynamic - James, Alexis and Hazard are versatile and can play either centrally or on the flanks.

Alexis in question was great for you as a false 9 of sorts so I don’t get the criticism being in the right especially having such a track record playing on the right for club and country.

Now Kos has play d at his peak in flat back four, playing in a back three has very different responsibilities and I doubt he’s as good in this role as is Cesar for example on the other side.

He will no doubt have issues with Alexis and even at his peak he was prone to occasional mistake.
That's countered for me by Alexis even at his peak being quite prone to losing the ball or getting too Hollywood with trying to make something happen all by himself. I definitely rate Koscielny as a CB in this era higher than Alexis as a forward. Alexis' peak as a player for me was all for Chile playing that specific Bielsa system.

Enigma_87

You know who
I think the key battle and an area for strength for us is going to be down the left flank for the opposition. Imo, Ghoulam is the biggest weakness for the opposition and facing a peak Valencia who was devastating in supplying crosses (before he forgot how to do that) both high and low and can see him finding Lewandowski and Reus fairly consistently
I rate Valencia but he was never the elite winger type for consistent period. I’d have Nani’s peak as a winger higher than his for example. He can stretch the flank but Ghoulam’s peak level imo is a good fit for him and should contain him well.

The Red Viper

Supports
Liverpool
Regarding Alexis playing from the RW, he made a name for himself at Udinese as a RWF/Right Sided Second Striker.

Played most of career with Chile NT as a RWF as well.

And had a world class season at Barcelona playing as a RW. Look at this video. Majority of his exploits were from RW. That season in La Liga, he had 19 goals and 10 assists in 34 games.

Indnyc

I rate Valencia but he was never the elite winger type for consistent period. I’d have Nani’s peak as a winger higher than his for example. He can stretch the flank but Ghoulam’s peak level imo is a good fit for him and should contain him well.
I would say Nani was more flamboyant of the two and was better in putting in a 8/10 performance.

Valencia has always been a 7/10 guy. SAF preferred him to Nani on the right wing because of the consistency of his deliveries.

Since he joined United( Even at Wigan to be honest) until the LVG era I feel he was consistently putting in great performances from this position.

His ability to create a yard and put in a cross was amongst the best. I believe Pep at the time said he was the best winger in the world (This is from memory so could be wrong)

Indnyc

Regarding Alexis playing from the RW, he made a name for himself at Udinese as a RWF/Right Sided Second Striker.

Played most of career with Chile NT as a RWF as well.

And had a world class season at Barcelona playing as a RW. Look at this video. Majority of his exploits were from RW. That season in La Liga, he had 19 goals and 10 assists in 34 games.

Don’t think he was ever world class there.. Put it this way, anybody would love to play peak Sanchez on the Right over Peak Sanchez on the left

Don Alfredo

Supports
Germany
Two very good sides on display. I don't quite understand some choices in terms of the line-ups:wenger:.

Kroos always plays on the left side of midfield, that is essential for his game. Just like Pogba he is right footed, but prefers the left side because he has better vision from there. In Germany we call it "abkippender Sechser", no idea what the translation is. He evades the midfield battle, slots into the nominal position of the LB (assuming a very high line) and has every player except for the goalie in his sight and can make a pass with his strong foot to open the field.

@Indnyc has Reus as number 10 and Coutinho as some kind of left sided attacker, I would suggest to change it the other way around because Reus is the more dangerous forward and Coutinho the more creative playmaker. I know some Dortmund fans who disagree with me on that opinion, but I think he is much more suited to a wing-forward role instead of the number 10 position. Especially with Hummels and Gimenez in the centre who are both kinda slow, you want Reus attacking the space next to / behind them.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Valencia has always been a 7/10 guy. SAF preferred him to Nani on the right wing because of the consistency of his deliveries.
Or, most likely, because Nani was almost as good on the left and Valencia could only play on the right.

Indnyc

Two very good sides on display. I don't quite understand some choices in terms of the line-ups:wenger:.

Kroos always plays on the left side of midfield, that is essential for his game. Just like Pogba he is right footed, but prefers the left side because he has better vision from there. In Germany we call it "abkippender Sechser", no idea what the translation is. He evades the midfield battle, slots into the nominal position of the LB (assuming a very high line) and has every player except for the goalie in his sight and can make a pass with his strong foot to open the field.

@Indnyc has Reus as number 10 and Coutinho as some kind of left sided attacker, I would suggest to change it the other way around because Reus is the more dangerous forward and Coutinho the more creative playmaker. I know some Dortmund fans who disagree with me on that opinion, but I think he is much more suited to a wing-forward role instead of the number 10 position. Especially with Hummels and Gimenez in the centre who are both kinda slow, you want Reus attacking the space next to / behind them.
Interesting thoughts on Reus starting wider. I always thought he preferred to be more central. Coutinho again had some of his best performances from the left.

I can see some overlap there and both of them interchanging quite a bit as the match progresses

Indnyc

Or, most likely, because Nani was almost as good on the left and Valencia could only play on the right.
Nani was better on the right though.. I take your point that you probably want Nani over Valencia in most cases but for the role that Valencia is being asked to do here I feel he is better fit than Nani

Enigma_87

You know who
That's countered for me by Alexis even at his peak being quite prone to losing the ball or getting too Hollywood with trying to make something happen all by himself. I definitely rate Koscielny as a CB in this era higher than Alexis as a forward. Alexis' peak as a player for me was all for Chile playing that specific Bielsa system.
Well most of the flair players are like that. Not that it has to do with Alexis's nominal side on the pitch tho.

Look at it this way - if Kos makes an error is much more likely to lead to a goal rather than Alexis way up the field losing possession.

I'd rate Alexis above, there we can disagree. Kos was never an undisputed starter for his NT nor has proven his level in Europe or for France to compare with Alexis winning back to back Copa's and being integral part of the team, also playing in 3 different leagues and in variety of positions.

Here also you have Kos playing in a back three - an unfamiliar role for him and not every good CB who can cover his full back can play as a LCB or a RCB - it's another tactical matter and requires different attributes to his game.

Enigma_87

You know who
I would say Nani was more flamboyant of the two and was better in putting in a 8/10 performance.

Since he joined United( Even at Wigan to be honest) until the LVG era I feel he was consistently putting in great performances from this position.

His ability to create a yard and put in a cross was amongst the best. I believe Pep at the time said he was the best winger in the world (This is from memory so could be wrong)
Valencia has a history of consistently producing shite crosses from that right side to the extend that he has raised quite a fuss for our fans trying to endure that game after game. He is a solid player, but was never one of the best in Premiership as a winger. His position was more of a full back rather than wing back in a 3-4-3. If you are looking at his winger form then that's at Wigan and his early days at United. Wouldn't call either of it consistently great on day to day basis. Ghoulam IMO is a good fit and whilst being our weakest defender he also faces the weakest (by far) winger on the pitch.

And let's not forget as solid Valencia is, in his attacking game he is very one-dimentional, hence easier to defend against for our full back.

Enigma_87

You know who

In regards to Kroos, we opted for Kante on the left so that he can cover for Ghoulam and protect the left side as we expected Reus on the right like the round before.

I've thought that this might be raised hence including Kroos's passing distribution in game - his variety is astounding and it's not like he's also pinned to a certain area of the pitch as he can be very imaginative and creative in his movement and passing :)

Enigma_87

You know who
Yep, nail on the head. Nani was very good on the left - yes not as good as on the right but the difference wasn't that big. Valencia however couldn't cut it on the left for obvious reasons and we didn't have that much options in terms of wingers who can stretch the opposition, hence Valencia played on the right.

Had we another quality winger on the left, Nani would've been a definite starter on the right IMO.

Indnyc

Valencia has a history of consistently producing shite crosses from that right side to the extend that he has raised quite a fuss for our fans trying to endure that game after game. He is a solid player, but was never one of the best in Premiership as a winger. His position was more of a full back rather than wing back in a 3-4-3. If you are looking at his winger form then that's at Wigan and his early days at United. Wouldn't call either of it consistently great on day to day basis. Ghoulam IMO is a good fit and whilst being our weakest defender he also faces the weakest (by far) winger on the pitch.

And let's not forget as solid Valencia is, in his attacking game he is very one-dimentional, hence easier to defend against for our full back.
Disagree about Valencia being terrible at crosses. That only happened once he moved to right back full time

The season when he and Rooney has a great connection was pretty good.

He is one dimensional but still was exceedingly consistent in his performances

Indnyc

Well most of the flair players are like that. Not that it has to do with Alexis's nominal side on the pitch tho.

Look at it this way - if Kos makes an error is much more likely to lead to a goal rather than Alexis way up the field losing possession.

I'd rate Alexis above, there we can disagree. Kos was never an undisputed starter for his NT nor has proven his level in Europe or for France to compare with Alexis winning back to back Copa's and being integral part of the team, also playing in 3 different leagues and in variety of positions.

Here also you have Kos playing in a back three - an unfamiliar role for him and not every good CB who can cover his full back can play as a LCB or a RCB - it's another tactical matter and requires different attributes to his game.
For turnovers by Alexis it leads to counter attacking opportunities. It does help us quite a bit in that sense allowing quick breaks by Reus/ Coutinho and Verratti

Don Alfredo

Supports
Germany
Interesting thoughts on Reus starting wider. I always thought he preferred to be more central. Coutinho again had some of his best performances from the left.

I can see some overlap there and both of them interchanging quite a bit as the match progresses
Reus only really played as a second striker in the middle under Favre. Favre likes to use some kind of 442 (stability, pressing, width etc.) and Reus was great there at Gladbach, won German footballer of the year. Next season, he moved to Dortmund, Kagawa left the club and Gotze was still injured. Klopp started him in the middle as a number 10 behind Lewandowski and they had some problems early on in the season, it wasn't as fluid. When Gotze returned, Reus switched to the left and the Gotze-Reus interplay has been glorious from that point on. Reus always played LW under Klopp, Tuchel, Bosz and Stoger, only this season under Favre he plays in the middle again.

In regards to Kroos, we opted for Kante on the left so that he can cover for Ghoulam and protect the left side as we expected Reus on the right like the round before.

I've thought that this might be raised hence including Kroos's passing distribution in game - his variety is astounding and it's not like he's also pinned to a certain area of the pitch as he can be very imaginative and creative in his movement and passing :)
There are mainly two versions of Kroos, the CAM (Bayern / World Cup winner) with Schweinsteiger behind or his left sided version from Real Madrid / Germany without Basti. You could even argue there is another version, the young LM in a 442 at Leverkusen under Heynckes, but barely anyone has seen that. I know some people who say that was actually peak Kroos and he was never as good afterwards. In 09/10 as a 19 years old, he had 9 goals and 12 assists in 33 league games as a playmaker from the side (similar to Koke at Atletico).

I think you can use him there without any problems.:)You just lose his trademark move, which is a shame:wenger:.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
I would have switched Reus and Countinho.

Enigma_87

You know who
Disagree about Valencia being terrible at crosses. That only happened once he moved to right back full time

The season when he and Rooney has a great connection was pretty good.

He is one dimensional but still was exceedingly consistent in his performances
Well if we're going with his track record he really isn't that good. He had some good spells but not really world class level by any means. He was converted to a RB for a reason and that's not his excellent wing place for a club like United.

I'm not sure he had that many consistent spells as you mentioned in terms of wing play to warrant him a starting place in the latter stages of the draft IMO.

Enigma_87

You know who
For turnovers by Alexis it leads to counter attacking opportunities. It does help us quite a bit in that sense allowing quick breaks by Reus/ Coutinho and Verratti
Yes, but those things are normal for almost all attacking players. The difference is that it's much further to goal than when Kos makes an error.

Enigma_87

You know who
There are mainly two versions of Kroos, the CAM (Bayern / World Cup winner) with Schweinsteiger behind or his left sided version from Real Madrid / Germany without Basti. You could even argue there is another version, the young LM in a 442 at Leverkusen under Heynckes, but barely anyone has seen that. I know some people who say that was actually peak Kroos and he was never as good afterwards. In 09/10 as a 19 years old, he had 9 goals and 12 assists in 33 league games as a playmaker from the side (similar to Koke at Atletico).

I think you can use him there without any problems.:)You just lose his trademark move, which is a shame:wenger:.
Yeah, his versatility comes handy for us in this game as well. You can call it a more Mourinho'esque approach in order to get the best of our side :D

I agree with your testament there mate, he has already become one of the outstanding midfielders in his generation and won it all on every level, being integral part of each of those sides.

Some of his highlights (and those trademark passes you mentioned):

:drool:

Indnyc

Well if we're going with his track record he really isn't that good. He had some good spells but not really world class level by any means. He was converted to a RB for a reason and that's not his excellent wing place for a club like United.

I'm not sure he had that many consistent spells as you mentioned in terms of wing play to warrant him a starting place in the latter stages of the draft IMO.
I think he is perfectly fine for the role..

PFA Team of the year in 2009-10; Manchester United Player's player of the year 2011-12 and 2016-17;

His credentials in a long career are pretty good and certainly better than what for example Ghoulam has achieved so far. If Ghoulam is fine for later rounds of this draft i don't see how Valencia is not?

The Red Viper

Supports
Liverpool

Our original formation had Kroos as the LCM with Kante as the RCM/DM.

But once we drew Indnyc, we shifted Kroos to the right because we needed Kante on the left to deal with Reus.

Don Alfredo

Supports
Germany
Our original formation had Kroos as the LCM with Kante as the RCM/DM.

But once we drew Indnyc, we shifted Kroos to the right because we needed Kante on the left to deal with Reus.
Your opponent did some in game coaching and switched Reus to the left. That means that your original tactic is somewhat obsolete:angel:

Feels like that is my fault to some extent:lol:

I should learn to hold myself back:(

The Red Viper

Supports
Liverpool
Your opponent did some in game coaching and switched Reus to the left. That means that your original tactic is somewhat obsolete:angel:

Feels like that is my fault to some extent:lol:

I should learn to hold myself back:(
On the contrary, it plays right into our hands no?

Kante now covers that side of the flank, with Kroos playing at his best position.