Television Modern Family

Sylar

Finally watched the finale. It was a nice way to go out. Overall, it was a fun show. I think I did laugh moreso during the earlier years. They did use the same formula going on, but I still enjoyed it mostly due to the characters and the relationships they had.

Will miss the show. Guessing they might do a spinoff, but generally spinoffs tend to not do good now.

cafecillos

I found the first world problems and upper-middle class atmosphere a bit cringeworthy at times, but in terms of pace and writing it was in general a very solid comedy show

Norris

It's a good show and did not drop off a quality over the seasons. Decent way to end it too.

wr8_utd

:'(
I think it maintained its level a lot longer than most shows do but it really was not that funny for the last 2-4 seasons. I just kept watching it for the story and to see how it ends.

Jericholyte2

I see that Fred Willard, who played Phil’s father, died yesterday.

I saw the last episode he was in and thought for sure that his shakiness was more than simply acting and make-up.

Incredibly sad.

izzydiggler

I saw the last episode he was in and thought for sure that his shakiness was more than simply acting and make-up.

Incredibly sad.
I watched that episode yesterday and thought he looked frail and ill...mind you, he was 86, so...

He was great in so many mocumentaries.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

Incredibly sad.
Oh man! He was among my favourite side characters in the show. Think he's there in Space Force as well by the way.

Sylar

Incredibly sad.
Ah that sucks
Perfect actor and character for Phils dad

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
This has recently been showing on E4, from the start. It's being billed as 'all new' so I was surprised to learn that it first came out in 2009 (this thread was started in 2010) and ran until 2020.

I don't get where the OP thinks that Gloria 'steals the show', when the character is barely able to say a line without referencing Columbia. imho, Cameron is the funniest character.

Anyway, I'm enjoying it so far, can't wait for the next 10 series.

Sylar

This has recently been showing on E4, from the start. It's being billed as 'all new' so I was surprised to learn that it first came out in 2009 (this thread was started in 2010) and ran until 2020.

I don't get where the OP thinks that Gloria 'steals the show', when the character is barely able to say a line without referencing Columbia. imho, Cameron is the funniest character.

Anyway, I'm enjoying it so far, can't wait for the next 10 series.
Cameron and Phil are fantastic. Jay too. They are all great characters. Think I started this when there were about 5 seasons released. It was a lot of fun.