Mohamed Ihattaren | PSV Eindhoven player.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Still only 18 but i've followed his progress somewhat since he was starring for the Dutch u17s and he's a player with huge potential. I'd describe him as a central playmaker who can be be deployed as a RWF. Technically superb with fantastic touch, technique and tremendous ability in confined spaces and a player that I feel many big clubs will be watching this season. He's already been selected to represent the Dutch NT at senior level by Koeman but as yet hasn't made his debut which surely can't be far now. I'm gonna use this thread to chart the players progress in the coming season and he could be the player that maybe we look at instead of Grealish next season. Ihatteran looks to have bigger potential in comparison and is a viable option for the vacant RWF role too if required to fill the role in question. He would likely cost significantly less too which is a bonus and we might even have the advantage of Ruud Van Nistelrooy who could help facilitate a deal due to Ruud being the u19s coach at PSV and having coached the player.

Mailo

Still only 18 but i've followed his progress somewhat since he was starring for the Dutch u17s and he's a player with huge potential. I'd describe him as a central playmaker who can be be deployed as a RWF. Technically superb with fantastic touch, technique and tremendous ability in confined spaces and a player that I feel many big clubs will be watching this season. He's already been selected to represent the Dutch NT at senior level by Koeman but as yet hasn't made his debut which surely can't be far now. I'm gonna use this thread to chart the players progress in the coming season and he could be the player that maybe we look at instead of Grealish next season. Ihatteran looks to have bigger potential in comparison and is a viable option for the vacant RWF role too if required to fill the role in question. He would likely cost significantly less too which is a bonus and we might even have the advantage of Ruud Van Nistelrooy who could help facilitate a deal due to Ruud being the u19s coach at PSV and having coached the player.

He looks great from that clip. Definitely one to keep an eye on.

Classical Mechanic

Keep an eye on Madueke too. He's English and also plays the right wide forward position for PSV. Came on as sub at the weekend and got two assists. He's not got the close control of Ihattaren but he's fast, strong direct and skilful (when it comes off).

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Keep an eye on Madueke too. He's English and also plays the right wide forward position for PSV. Came on as sub at the weekend and got two assists. He's not got the close control of Ihattaren but he's fast, strong direct and skilful (when it comes off).
Cheers mate, I'm definitely gonna keep an eye on him too due to my national interests..:)

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Think he made the Dutch squad already mainly due to the battle for him between Netherlands and Morocco (I think it’s Morocco anyway).

NL_Memphis

Supports
PSV Eindhoven
Having watched every single match of his professional career he 100% has the talent to be world class.

His technique and vision are exceptional, but he does need to learn to pick his moments a bit more. He kinda reminds me of Ziyech as a player, but (I might be biased) with a higher ceiling.

His call-up for the national team was absolutely deserved since he is without a doubt the best number 10 we currently have. There was a problem when he came back to PSV though. He was very disappointed for not getting his debut and was sent away from the training. That’s also the reason he didn’t start last week. He apologized and the trainer said it’s all good now, so hopefully he learns from this.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Could really use a left-footed winger, he looks class.
He's really not a winger though... Midfielder/playmaker. Maybe he could do a job on the wing, but that's not why everybody is gushing over him in the Netherlands.
Think he made the Dutch squad already mainly due to the battle for him between Netherlands and Morocco (I think it’s Morocco anyway).
He's chosen the Netherlands.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He's really not a winger though... Midfielder/playmaker. Maybe he could do a job on the wing, but that's not why everybody is gushing over him in the Netherlands.

He's chosen the Netherlands.
Isn't the problem then that Schmidt, the manager, plays a 442? Where Ihattaren has no real position?

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Isn't the problem then that Schmidt, the manager, plays a 442? Where Ihattaren has no real position?
No idea... Anyway, the season has just started and Ihattaren didn't make the first match's squad because of disciplinary reasons - so lots remain to be seen. I suppose you mean it was like that in pre-season?

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Massively talented kid. Was left out of the team at PSV for disciplinairy reasons last week, which is a poor sign. If he gets his head on straight he could go far.

Edit: seems it was already mentioned above. Anyway he could be special.

LovelyLittlePanda

Supports
Feyenoord
Ihattaren started the season a lil' too fluffy and has been sitting on the bench for the better part of it. He was left out of the squad (yet again) with a harsh statement by the club citing lack of professionalism. Rumour has it that he was annoying his teammates ("acting cynically") during half time in the 2nd leg of the EL Olympiakos game and had a falling out with the manager afterwards. In my opinion, the statement is as much a condemnation of their dressing room for lacking a leader that's able to show him the door.

He has one year left on his contract after this season and has been hinting at leaving the club. With his agent being Raiola it's not unlikely he'll be rotting on a bench somewhere abroad next year. I'm sad, he was the only Dutch prospect that I genuinely thought could become world class. :(

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Ihattaren started the season a lil' too fluffy and has been sitting on the bench for the better part of it. He was left out of the squad (yet again) with a harsh statement by the club citing lack of professionalism. Rumour has it that he was annoying his teammates ("acting cynically") during half time in the 2nd leg of the EL Olympiakos game and had a falling out with the manager afterwards. In my opinion, the statement is as much a condemnation of their dressing room for lacking a leader that's able to show him the door.

He has one year left on his contract after this season and has been hinting at leaving the club. With his agent being Raiola it's not unlikely he'll be rotting on a bench somewhere abroad next year. I'm sad, he was the only Dutch prospect that I genuinely thought could become world class. :(
I've been dissapointed to see him on the bench whenever I've tried watching PSV. It seems there's off the field issues that I sincerely hope he sorts out soon because I would hate to see such a fantastic young talent waste his undoubted potential.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Yeah, it's been a poor season for him, and not for footballing reasons. At this point, it's probably better if he leaves PSV. That relationship has gone sour now, and it anyway seems he does not really fit Schmidt's tactical setup.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Ihattaren was left out of the squad for the away game against Galatasaray tomorrow after calling in sick for the umpteenth time.

Its rumoured he's headed for the exit, but with Raiola's greed you never know. He's in the last year of his contract.

With how well Maudeke is doing, they don't need him. Their bench has options (Bruma, Mauro jr)

Talented player but doesn't seem to have the right mentality. I was hoping he'd turn it around after not coming back chubby from holidays this preseason.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Its very dissapointing to hear him throwing his career away. I'm hoping he soon sees sense and concentrates on his career, which has the potential to be a very promising one.

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
I think its to easy to say he doesnt have the right mentality.. Cant be easy going from a coach (Van Bommel) who treated him as the second coming of Zidane and then having Roger Schmidt who obviously isnt very charmed of him, hardly gives you any chances and openly critisizing you at multiple occassions. Im not saying Ihattaren didnt make mistakes obviously, but the guy is still only 18. Im not saying Schmidt isnt alway right in how he treats him, but he seems unproportianally hard against such a young player...

Fact of the matter is that Schmidt and Ihatarren arent a good match at this moment. Moving to another club would be the best option for sure.. Ive not given up on him excelling elsewhere. I hope he can step up his game somewhere and find the mindset to do so in an environment where there is confidence and faith in him..

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Apparently he's been spotted in Nice. A few of Raiola clients are moving to OGC Nice this season(Kluivert,Stengs), so let's maybe this is the case.

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
If I were a team like Arsenal I would definitely take a gamble on this guy... Suits their playing style, has a manager who will appreciate his talents, he will get the time to get used to the intensity.

AshRK

If I were a team like Arsenal I would definitely take a gamble on this guy... Suits their playing style, has a manager who will appreciate his talents, he will get the time to get used to the intensity.
Arsenal of old yes. This Arsenal under arteta, a big NO.

redrobed

This is an extremely gifted footballer that despite his age would already be ready for 1st team football with us. Versatile, handles the pressure of big games very well, and would be more than capable of contributing double figure in terms of goals and assists straight away. Would love it if he came to Utd

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
You have to really be exceptional for clubs to be bothered enough to endure Raiola, I would have thought. Or, like Dortmund, they're happy to be that stepping stone in order to make money.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Surprised Dortmund aren’t on him

VanDeBank

Ma’am
This is an extremely gifted footballer that despite his age would already be ready for 1st team football with us. Versatile, handles the pressure of big games very well, and would be more than capable of contributing double figure in terms of goals and assists straight away. Would love it if he came to Utd
no definitely not. He scored 6 goals in a full season under a different manager and has barely played since. His work rate also isn't very good.

I think France or Italy suit him the best. He's not staying in Holland to play for Utrecht/Vitesse, even though that's the smart career move. With Raiola, he could just as well disappear into the MLS...

Surprised Dortmund aren’t on him
He'd flop in a high tempo league that requires a lot of off the ball running.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Eh what? He hasn't been great for PSV for a while now.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
The unfair amount of chances this feckwit has had is ridiculous at this point. Yes he's very talented, he's also entirely unqualified for a career in sports. I appreciate he's had a difficult time when he lost his dad (I can relate), but he needs help, not a new contract at a football club.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
I have no idea what happened in his personal life that past 1-2 years, but it's wild how he's gone from being a top talent to not being wanted anywhere!

Rapsel

Supports
Ajax
I have no idea what happened in his personal life that past 1-2 years, but it's wild how he's gone from being a top talent to not being wanted anywhere!
When he came to Ajax I gave him a chance but this guy has so royally screwed over every club and trainers like Vanenburg that gave their all to help him that I hope the Turkish fans boot him out of Turkey so hard he won't need an airplane to reach Schiphol.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
When he came to Ajax I gave him a chance but this guy has so royally screwed over every club and trainers like Vanenburg that gave their all to help him that I hope the Turkish fans boot him out of Turkey so hard he won't need an airplane to reach Schiphol.
What did he do?

Btw, Samsunspor cancelled the transfer already, because Ihattaren had too many additional requirements.

Ibi Dreams

He was incredible in my Pro Evo master league campaign, but I genuinely thought he wasn't even a real player :lol:

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Bold move having his club in the thread title.

Stadjer

A shame really. Very talented at football but after his father passed away it all went downhill fast.

Signed for Juventus and was loaned out to Sampdoria but just didnt show up there. Went to train with Vanenburg and played some games for Ajax and jong Ajax. Games where he did show his talent and it looked like he still had a chance to show why he was seen as a supertalent once upon a time.

Then reports about Ihattaren and the criminal underworld "the Mocro maffia" surfaced and Ajax didnt want to have to do anything with that.

Juventus terminated his contract and now it seems like his 4 year deal with the Turkish club isnt going through. I also believe he isnt exactly in pro footballer shape. He seems to be in trouble. Even some weird report that he didnt pay a furniture guy and now that furniture guy seized Ihattaren his house.

Its quite a sad story. No idea how Ihattaren is going to end up without football. Atleast Vanenburg seems to be trying to look after Ihattaren a bit.

Rapsel

Supports
Ajax
What did he do?

Btw, Samsunspor cancelled the transfer already, because Ihattaren had too many additional requirements.
Ajax was always very secretive of the exact nature but apparently it had to do with wrong (drugdealing) friends which made it unsafe for him and other player to train on the pitch out of fear for repercussions. His car was set on fire IIRC correctly. Also there was a girl he was dating and the family did not approve of that or something sinister. All while training with Vanenburg first and Wesley Sneijder later who said he made promises to them to show up but never did. He never got fully fit at the same time and while he had to work on his fitness he was all of a sudden engaged to an influencer as posted on IG. In other words: He was busy with a lot and football was never one of those things.

mu4c_20le

Apparently even Sneijder got involved and tried to help him, to no avail.

Dutch Ravel