Mohammed Kudus

Righteous Steps

This is rubbish. I'm biased on Antony, which I admit, since I think he's a twat and which is why I disclaim nearly all my posts about him with this fact.

I was similarly critical of Malacia (and rightly so sadly) and was convinced Ziyech would tear the premier league to shreds (wrongly so sadly) It has feck all to do with Ajax. I'm not 12 and can see past a player's club.

He's a talented player, but in this thread he was being compared to the likes of Yaya Toure and Gabriel Jesus. Which is ridiculous and which is what I pointed out. He is a technically impressive, but inconsistent and very injury prone player who is doing well in the Dutch league. While he is interesting, he's also by no means a guaranteed hit.

My above 2 examples also illustrate that I know feck all, but saying I'm biased against Ajax players is very silly if you look at my posts. I've caught more flak for being a closeted Ajacied than for being a hater om here.
Where was Toure at 22? I bet you hadn’t seen him play yet.

footballbite

I love how a world cup can turn people mental over someone. This dude is pretty good, but definitely not as good as this thread page thinks he is.
It's not just the World Cup - Kudus has a better goals per minute this season in the Eredivisie than Gakpo, and has a better goals per minute in the CL than Gakpo has in the El.

The main issue seems to have been he was injured for a decent chunk of this season, otherwise his stats would be right up there. He's seemed Ajax's best player this season when fit.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
It's not just the World Cup - Kudus has a better goals per minute this season in the Eredivisie than Gakpo, and has a better goals per minute in the CL than Gakpo has in the El.

The main issue seems to have been he was injured for a decent chunk of this season, otherwise his stats would be right up there. He's seemed Ajax's best player this season when fit.
Yeah, hence I said, if United can chose 1, Id take Kudus over Gakpo. United simply dont need Gakpo, he has nothing you dont already have.

Stadjer

Im not even sure Ajax knows where to use him. In the CL he played as a ''false 9'' but he himself says he prefers to play as (attacking) midfielder. He played quite often as false 9 this season actually. I believe ten Hag tried using him as a central midfielder. He was injured a lot during ten Hag his Ajax period though.

Could have been an Everton player... he even tried to force the transfer. Guess he can find a better club now?

Amazing Santos

Sign him up 100m. Been following his career since he was in Strongtower FC in the Ghanaian academy.

Beyond that watched a 3 minute youtube highlights video of him.

A player Harry Redknapp would sign in his pomp.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
From what I've seen I really like him, think he'll make a big impact if he moves in January. Everton certainly missed out not getting that transfer over the line and signing Maupay instead.

Pintu

You underestimate me, I'm a huge fan of (gimme a second) Mettalurg Donetsk?
:lol: :lol:

Wasn’t he brought to Europe (with Gervinho, Eboué, maybe his brother Kolo? ) by that Dutch club that had some partnership in Africa and used to have many young African players. I remember reading or seeing something about this.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
:lol: :lol:

Wasn’t he brought to Europe (with Gervinho, Eboué, maybe his brother Kolo? ) by that Dutch club that had some partnership in Africa and used to have many young African players. I remember reading or seeing something about this.
Wasnt that a Belgian club? Beveren or something?

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
From what I've seen I really like him, think he'll make a big impact if he moves in January. Everton certainly missed out not getting that transfer over the line and signing Maupay instead.
Ajax didn’t want to sell him. Nothing to do with Maupay.

Bwuk

He’s looked great upfront for Ajax whenever I’ve seen them.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Wasnt that a Belgian club? Beveren or something?
You are correct. Arsenal had a partnership with the in the early 2000's, and signed Eboue from them. They also had Yaya Toure on trial from them but couldn't get him a work permit.

Think a few English clubs had partnerships with Belgian clubs back then with the pathway for African players a big factor. I believe Utd had a partnership with Antwerp.

Last edited: