Mohammed Kudus

Status
Not open for further replies.

CM

The only problem with that is that he doesn't see himself that way so if ETH wants him in that role he has a job to do in convincing him. Erik once opted him as left back.

Edit: What doesn d-a-t mean in English since my type-o was censored? :lol:
It's a filter to prevent against text speak

Erik the Red

Don't see the need for Kudus right now. He'd provide even more competition for Bruno, Eriksen and Sancho in the hole (although I appreciate his versatility, it is generally in the areas we are well stocked). We need an FDJ type midfielder and a number 9. This guy might be another useful long term option, so I would wait until next summer when he will only have one year left on his contract and will not cost silly money.

NoPace

Don't see the need for Kudus right now. He'd provide even more competition for Bruno, Eriksen and Sancho in the hole (although I appreciate his versatility, it is generally in the areas we are well stocked). We need an FDJ type midfielder and a number 9. This guy might be another useful long term option, so I would wait until next summer when he will only have one year left on his contract and will not cost silly money.
My guess if this happens is we sign a #9, move on from Martial (injuries), Weghorst, McTominay (and Van De Beek of course) and bring back Sabitzer and sign a DM. So like this, and let's just plug Ramos from Benfica and Sangare from PSV in as examples of signings since they're both logical:

Rashford(Garnacho, Sancho)---------Ramos(Rashford, Kudus)---------------Antony(Bruno, Amad)
-----------------------------------------------------------Bruno(Eriksen, Kudus)---------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------Eriksen(Sabitzer, Fred)------------------Casemiro(Sangare)---------------------------

as a front 6. So you have 6 mids for 3 spots but Bruno gets some minutes at RW so Kudus is #6 there, and he's the backup 9 but sometimes Rashford starts there. Not a ton of minutes, but a good few as a false 9 (late in games on the counter makes sense) and a lot if Bruno, Sabitzer or Eriksen get hurt.

No single injury really dooms us here, apart from maybe Rashford, but now we have the option of playing Bruno on the left narrow, Ramos or Kudus as a 10 and telling Garnacho to go score goals with no responsibility defensively whatsoever.

Kudus would basically replace Weghorst, and then Ramos (or another 9) would replace Martial.

bosskeano

My guess if this happens is we sign a #9, move on from Martial (injuries), Weghorst, McTominay (and Van De Beek of course) and bring back Sabitzer and sign a DM. So like this, and let's just plug Ramos from Benfica and Sangare from PSV in as examples of signings since they're both logical:

Rashford(Garnacho, Sancho)---------Ramos(Rashford, Kudus)---------------Antony(Bruno, Amad)
-----------------------------------------------------------Bruno(Eriksen, Kudus)---------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------Eriksen(Sabitzer, Fred)------------------Casemiro(Sangare)---------------------------

as a front 6. So you have 6 mids for 3 spots but Bruno gets some minutes at RW so Kudus is #6 there, and he's the backup 9 but sometimes Rashford starts there. Not a ton of minutes, but a good few as a false 9 (late in games on the counter makes sense) and a lot if Bruno, Sabitzer or Eriksen get hurt.

No single injury really dooms us here, apart from maybe Rashford, but now we have the option of playing Bruno on the left narrow, Ramos or Kudus as a 10 and telling Garnacho to go score goals with no responsibility defensively whatsoever.

Kudus would basically replace Weghorst, and then Ramos (or another 9) would replace Martial.
It's more than just that....you also revamp the age of the squad by injecting some mid 20's guys who can be here for 5-6 of their best years

you don't end up like say liverpool who have a very old squad right now and it's showing.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Unfortunately, Samuel Luckhurst doesn't get anything right regarding transfer window.

Bojan Djordjic

Good player but still don't think we address our number nine issue if we sign him. He's also quite injury prone.

Rapsel

Supports
Ajax
Did ETH coach him?
Yup and he was the revelation for us. Unluckily got injured rather fast but luckily nothing chronically as he is great this season again. Doubt you will get him for 48 million though.

Rapsel

Supports
Ajax
You guys might enjoy this:

It also gives a good insight in our medical team and how we deal with young players not from NL.

Last edited:

Rolaholic

He's having a hell of a season productivity wise, on 20+ G+A this season.

17 goals and 4 assists in 32 appearances

Winrar

I think he would be a great option for us in the role Weghorst is taking on right now, maybe even rotating with Bruno in case he tires out or gets injured. Only seen one game of him in the WC against us (Korea) but he was class.

Remember the geese

I can see myself getting aboard this train. Not a traditional striker like Kane or Osimhen, but he has lots of excellent attributes and could be a really interesting option.

NoPace

Not seen much of him. What is his best position?
#10, from what I’ve seen, so if we signed him I imagine his role would be 2-fold:

1) Bruno’s backup
2) false 9 type like Weghorst is playing right now most of the time, and one of Martial or Weghorst moves on and we also sign a big traditional 9 to start most games

And maybe we loan or sell Sancho and Amad comes back. Let’s say Ramos is the #9 for this thread’s purposes as I still think he’s the likeliest signing:

#9 - Ramos, Kudus, Rashford, Martial/Weghorst
LW- Rashford, Garnacho,
RW-Antony, Amad, Bruno
#10- Bruno, Eriksen, Kudus

Or martial and Weghorst both go and Sancho stays, still have 3 decent options across the front 4 in various combinations. 8 guys for 4 spots with Eriksen as a 9th since he can play as a 10, feels about right.

Oh_Dear

#10, from what I’ve seen, so if we signed him I imagine his role would be 2-fold:

1) Bruno’s backup
2) false 9 type like Weghorst is playing right now most of the time, and one of Martial or Weghorst moves on and we also sign a big traditional 9 to start most games

And maybe we loan or sell Sancho and Amad comes back. Let’s say Ramos is the #9 for this thread’s purposes as I still think he’s the likeliest signing:

#9 - Ramos, Kudus, Rashford, Martial/Weghorst
LW- Rashford, Garnacho,
RW-Antony, Amad, Bruno
#10- Bruno, Eriksen, Kudus

Or martial and Weghorst both go and Sancho stays, still have 3 decent options across the front 4 in various combinations. 8 guys for 4 spots with Eriksen as a 9th since he can play as a 10, feels about right.
This. I see him in the current Weghorst false 9/10 area with a CF in front of him. Only issue is that pressure for the RW role will be intense with Antony, Bruno (when he's not in the 10 role), Amad, Elanga and Pellistri. As for Sancho, I really can't see us selling him as ETH likes players who can play a range of roles and Sancho can play 11, 10 or 7 (he's also an important member of our home grown qualifying players).

Reactions: golden_blunder

NoPace

This. I see him in the current Weghorst false 9/10 area with a CF in front of him. Only issue is that pressure for the RW role will be intense with Antony, Bruno (when he's not in the 10 role), Amad, Elanga and Pellistri. As for Sancho, I really can't see us selling him as ETH likes players who can play a range of roles and Sancho can play 11, 10 or 7 (he's also an important member of our home grown qualifying players).
Pellistri and Elanga on loan I think.

Rapsel

Supports
Ajax
seems like a humble kid with really strong roots and work ethic.....can see why EtH likes him so much
Plus if someone wonders why ETH hardly used him while rating him highly: Mostly injured.

Woziak

I genuinely love this player, young fast, tactically clever and can play as an 8, 10, false 9 or inverted right winger, plus as that silky left foot, I think if we could get say £15-20m for DVB and then only spend another £30m on top of that sale it’s a huge upgrade to the squad. Let’s hope this one happens for a reasonable £40-50m you can give the kid a 6 year contract so the fee is amortised at £8m per year to help us with FFP.

Klaasmans

Supports
PSV
As a big ajax fan i just don't see this guy succeed for a top team. To focused on running and getting past players while a long pas would be the better option. No vision at all. Surely is very good at a quick turn, holding the ball and shooting from almost everywhere around and in the box. But not the player you should want in the top of the league

Rapsel

Supports
Ajax
I genuinely love this player, young fast, tactically clever and can play as an 8, 10, false 9 or inverted right winger, plus as that silky left foot, I think if we could get say £15-20m for DVB and then only spend another £30m on top of that sale it’s a huge upgrade to the squad. Let’s hope this one happens for a reasonable £40-50m you can give the kid a 6 year contract so the fee is amortised at £8m per year to help us with FFP.
With a contract ending in 2025 50 million is probably the best we can get for him unless he extends his contract but I highly doubt he will do that.

Woziak

Not seen much of him. What is his best position?
That’s the thing he’s equally effective as an 8, 10, false 9 and inverted right striker , this is really good business so let’s hope we get it done.

Fahad Jawaid

I saw him live in the world cup against Uruguay, although they lost the match 2-0, me and my friend who is also a big PSG fan, came away with the same opinion that this player is special, literally every good thing that happened for Ghana , he was involved and looked the most likely player to score for Ghana.

This is the kind of Signing Spurs or Liverpool recently will make and then he will turn into a star and then everybody will be saying why nobody else was in for him.

He is quick, great dribbler and very good in close quarters, so ideally he can play across the front 4. He can become similar to Mane like player for us. Hope we sign him soon.

De_BoerAjax

Supports
Ajax
I think he is a magnificent player, but he is not tactically strong. Also has the unique treat to be flagged offside 12 times a match.

Baxquux

He's definitely reasonably quick, but does he have anything like the acceleration of Mane? We've sene with Garnacho, for instance the merits of burning pace from standing start combined with good technique on the ball and shooting. Conversely, I've seen Kudus described as 'slower' than Antony by people who've worked with both (although with better decision making). In terms of finishing and movement around the box I can definitely see the comparisons with Mane as a versatile attacker,, but is MK able to counterattack at anything like the same pace or beat a defender across 25/30 yards when played through?

Idxomer

Ten Hag wants a reliable dribbler/ball carrier in the middle of the pitch, and Kudus fits this description perfectly.

Rapsel

Supports
Ajax
Ten Hag wants a reliable dribbler/ball carrier in the middle of the pitch, and Kudus fits this description perfectly.
If I could come up with one point of critique it would be his situational awareness. He sometime dribbles very well only to end up not knowing where he is plus he is offside too often.

Status
Not open for further replies.