Mohammed Kudus

Status
Not open for further replies.

mav_9me

Kudus looks like a good player but not sure where he'd play for us. Isn't he more of an attacking midfielder? He would be perfect for Liverpool I thought.

DutchSerb

Supports
FC Groningen
Kudus looks like a good player but not sure where he'd play for us. Isn't he more of an attacking midfielder? He would be perfect for Liverpool I thought.
He would be what most hoped Donny would be. He's also fine as a ST option. I wasn't big on Gakpo throughout the last window and during this hole saga but Kudus is a fine signing in my mind. A proper football player and Ajax fan favorite for a reason. Also think he would be amazing in this Arsenal squad.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Aren’t most of the players we are being linked with? Gakpo, Felix, this guy, Memphis, Thurman

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He would be what most hoped Donny would be. He's also fine as a ST option. I wasn't big on Gakpo throughout the last window and during this hole saga but Kudus is a fine signing in my mind. A proper football player and Ajax fan favorite for a reason. Also think he would be amazing in this Arsenal squad.
Agree with all that.

Kudus was one of the more exciting discoveries of the World Cup.

Terranova

Supports
United/Ajax
You think Ten Hag thinks the current United side is inferior to Ajax 2021/22?
That's the only thing i can think about if the interest is real. Because even when Kudus wasn't injured, he wasn't playing much at Ajax under Ten Hag.

Trex

That's the only thing i can think about if the interest is real. Because even when Kudus wasn't injured, he wasn't playing much at Ajax under Ten Hag.
Say ETH is the manager of Barca in two years and rumors are he fancies signing Zidane Iqbal would you rule it out because he doesn't play at United at the moment?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Kudus looks class. I don't know where he'd play for us, he is best in the 3rd midfield position where we have Bruno... Maybe if he develops as a CF. But again, big maybe. But with his potential I could see it anyway.

Terranova

Supports
United/Ajax
Say ETH is the manager of Barca in two years and rumors are he fancies signing Zidane Iqbal would you rule it out because he doesn't play at United at the moment?
But it's only a few months, not two years. That's why i don't believe the rumours.
Everyone wanted Ten Hag to play Kudus, but he barely got a chance, so it's not a sudden thing that Kudus turned out to be good.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Oh you might, but it's bad for you, since this means that Ten Hag thinks this United team is worse than his Ajax team. That said, i still can't see it happening
I mean.... given that Martinez instantly walked in and was better than what we had, Antony walked in, Gravenberch would have walked in, Alvarez would have walked in as well before we signed Casemiro, Haller vs our forwards... It's not a big shout to say that his Ajax side was better than the United side he took over.

But he'd be signing Kudus for his potential, which is obvious. Just because he didn't use him loads when he was a year and 2 years younger (which is a lot for young players), doesn't mean he didn't rate him. There could be a million reasons why he didn't play him more. Attitude development, mental development, physical development, etc. He had his system that someone else just fit better for him at the time, while he still felt that Kudus had excellent potential.

mav_9me

Aren’t most of the players we are being linked with? Gakpo, Felix, this guy, Memphis, Thurman
No.
Gakpo is more like Rashford. Felix is a support striker. Memphis is a definite 9 now. Thuram can be 9 or a left forward.

I thought Kudus is more like Bruno, in his work rate, positions he picks up.

Trex

But it's only a few months, not two years. That's why i don't believe the rumours.
We can only wait and see. From what I've seen of Kudus I like the player, we lack someone who can carry the ball like he does through the middle. What's his strongest position. CF, no 10, CM, RW (he's left footed yeah?)

Terranova

Supports
United/Ajax
We can only wait and see. From what I've seen of Kudus I like the player, we lack someone who can carry the ball like he does through the middle. What's his strongest position. CF, no 10, CM, RW (he's left footed yeah?)
Kudus is best at 10. So he doesn't seem like a likely target, with Bruno here.

Terranova

Supports
United/Ajax
Replacing a player who rarely plays? We do need depth in Midfield though but striker should be our priority
Agreed. Kudus is not a striker and he's very vocal about that after every match he's been forced to play there

Bojan Djordjic

Before the last year I had always thought associated Kudus more with the number eight role but he seems to have pushed much farther forward lately. I still see his profile as being more suitable deeper than ten as his ball carrying/dribbling is so good.

davbon

I think Kudus will eventually become a #8. He played this position when he first broke through at Ajax before his horrible injury. If we sign him, I believe it would be as back-up / rotation with Eriksen (and Bruno for that matter) as he offers something different. He is also a good passer and decent ball winner.

daba

Not a priority, but he’d be a great option to have in the squad. Great back-up to Bruno, with the skill set to play in other attacking positions or maybe an 8 sort of role.

croadyman

Not a priority, but he’d be a great option to have in the squad. Great back-up to Bruno, with the skill set to play in other attacking positions or maybe an 8 sort of role.
Yeah a summer move for depth

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He’s a quality prospect. Think there would be more hype if he were from a more fashionable nation. Best as a 10 I think, could be an option for life after Bruno.

SAFMUTD

Lovely players but exactly the profile we don't need. He's more of an attacking midfielder, we need a striker.

Bojan Djordjic

He’s a quality prospect. Think there would be more hype if he were from a more fashionable nation. Best as a 10 I think, could be an option for life after Bruno.
Nah, he’s great but we should be moving away from trying to fit square pegs in round holes and Kudus isn’t a true 9.

Bondi77

Is'nt this the position we are hoping Hannibal can step into next season and if we are looking as a backup for Bruno then Amad is doing good things at the moment on the RW and and playing the 10 role occasionally?
We do not have to make Ajax donations every season.

bosskeano

35m for him is an outstanding price and something that surely we should consider....he's been brilliant for ajax and he was easily Ghana's best player at the World Cup despite playing 3 different positions

started the match against uruguay at the 9, played the 7 against S Korea and scored twice, then played the 8 against portugal in a 352

he's strong, pacy, technical, good in the 1v1 and can anywhere across the front 4.....for 35m this is a no brainer for me

Unam333

He's not a no. 9 though. He actually said last year he doesn't see himself as a striker.

Stadjer

He's not a no. 9 though. He actually said last year he doesn't see himself as a striker.
Yes he said so after the CL games where he was playing as a CF and scored some good goals.

After the Rangers game he called it 'making a sacrifice' to play as a striker because 'everyone knows he is an attacking midfielder'.

Status
Not open for further replies.