Mohammed Kudus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erik the Red

Given the choice, would he be a higher priority than Felix? Long term, they would probably be fighting over the same position, so we are unlikely to go for both. Don't start with youth team players, because none have shown anything yet to justify relying on them long term. Personally, Musiala is the attacking midfielder/ second striker that I would go for. Not sure between Felix and Kudus though...

bosniamanutd

Market price of certain player is irrelevant. Most important thing is that manager knows what kind of player would be most suitable for his team and that is not always most expensive one. Actually, those ‘stars’ can sometimes be even a downgrade.

Trex

Would say cover for Bruno but won't be us involved because only looking at low cost deals
The way to cover Bruno would be to bring in a top central midfielder so Eriksen can play in place of Bruno a times and in place of that top cm against weaker opposition.

Robbie Boy

The hype around him early in the thread is hilarious :lol:

Nothing beats some hype off the back of an international tournament.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Is it confirmed that VDB got an ACL injury? If it’s the case, it could be a year or at least end of season injury. Then we might need Bruno’s backup.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
That could be applicable to some, but others had clearly only seen him for the first time in the WC.
He’s been in the CL all season, played against Liverpool and scored a stunning goal. He’s hardly a secret. He’s a top talent.

Robbie Boy

He’s been in the CL all season, played against Liverpool and scored a stunning goal. He’s hardly a secret. He’s a top talent.
Looks alright yeah. I always find it amusing when people fawn over players they've never seen before because of a goal or whatever in an international tournament.

bosskeano

IF Sancho doesn't sort out his shit....we absolutely need to go in for this kid in the summer

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
It seems lot of Ajax fans think the manager shouldn’t play him as no 9. They think of him as CM or AM. May be ETH is planning to use him as CM?

croadyman

It seems lot of Ajax fans think the manager shouldn’t play him as no 9. They think of him as CM or AM. May be ETH is planning to use him as CM?
Yeah if we are genuinely interested then would hope he plays there behind a top class striker

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Yeah if we are genuinely interested then would hope he plays there behind a top class striker
We have Bruno already. Although I wouldn’t complain if we make this some swap deal with VDB, while Kudus becomes Bruno’s backup and develop him.

I decided to do some research about him about tactical analysis and apparently he has very poor awareness and intelligence when making decision on the final third.

Here the quote I read:

Kudus does lack awareness in the final third. He should often release the ball sooner and tends to go on his own even when a teammate is in space. This is a major concern for me, as he breaks down a lot of attacks because of his lack of game intelligence, decision-making and vision around the penalty area.

croadyman

We have Bruno already. Although I wouldn’t complain if we make this some swap deal with VDB, while Kudus becomes Bruno’s backup and develop him.

I decided to do some research about him about tactical analysis and apparently he has very poor awareness and intelligence when making decision on the final third.

Here the quote I read:

Kudus does lack awareness in the final third. He should often release the ball sooner and tends to go on his own even when a teammate is in space. This is a major concern for me, as he breaks down a lot of attacks because of his lack of game intelligence, decision-making and vision around the penalty area.
Yeah that does sound a bit concerning indeed

Idxomer

If we're signing him, Ten Hag hopefully is planning to phase out Bruno.

Matt851

At the world Cup he looked better when moved to an attacking midfield role than when he was playing deeper, so might not work alongside casemiro but not sure if this has been the case at ajax

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
What guys reckon if it’s a choice between him and Dani Olmo?
I tend to rate younger Ajax players because they always seem like a bit of a quality university for footballers.

Kudus for me.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
What guys reckon if it’s a choice between him and Dani Olmo?
From what I see, they're very different style of players. I think Kudus fits the Ten Hag profile a bit better and seems more direct.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
In real terms I would think he'd most likely replace Donny, who is supposed to be offering us an alternative attacking midfielder option but isn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.