Mohammed Kudus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He’s a class young player, and clever business if we could get for a good price. Only thing is I think he has a similar profile to Amad.

Crimson King

A lot of people are saying we should sign this guy as a replacement for Eriksen, but he looks like a completely different type of player.

Might be a useful option to challenge Bruno's spot, whilst also being able to play wide or upfront in emergencies. Certainly might be more useful to the squad as a whole than VdB. I guess he could play deeper, but more as the ball carrier in a more traditional 4-3-3.

He's certainly no FdJ type link between the defence and attack, from what I've seen so far...

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Not a good vid. Anything out there with his passing, combination play and off the ball movements? Or all round game?
It would be like asking for an Anderson passing video, he's an attack the space player with Fred-like work rate.
What about this one? But this one is like 2.5 years ago when he played as CM under ten Hag. The video shows his passing, combination play, and bit of off ball movement.

Very interesting midfield and different to what we are currently have. He’s very press-resistant midfielder especially with the benefit of his low centre gravity, can play quick passing (when under ten Hag not under the new managers this season), strong, and willing to track back. But his passing range is limited, he’s not really a long ball type of player but we already have Bruno and Eriksen who could do it. He could be available on reasonable price and low wages and be good enough option to rotate with Eriksen and Bruno.

bosskeano

he's a guy that we should absolutely be looking to buy and bring into the club....he can play anywhere along hte front 4

bosskeano

Happy to sign him provided we still get number 9
no chance we get him in the summer plus buy a top quality number 9 unless we have some serious sales and those pay for his transfer....still think he'd be one of our best signings to make in the summer

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
no chance we get him in the summer plus buy a top quality number 9 unless we have some serious sales and those pay for his transfer....still think he'd be one of our best signings to make in the summer
At this moment, lot of report said Ajax will probably accept 30m-40m but if he keeps performing then they might demand Lisandro's or Antony's money. But I reckon if we act quick, we can get this guy for the same fees as VDB since his contract is expired in 2025 (as long as he doesn't sign new deal). Kudus himself already said he wants to play in PL team and he almost joined Everton last summer but Ajax blocked the move because they already lost too many players. I'm assuming if we can act quick instead of leaving it too late, we can get him for VDB's fees.

bosskeano

At this moment, lot of report said Ajax will probably accept 30m-40m but if he keeps performing then they might demand Lisandro's or Antony's money. But I reckon if we act quick, we can get this guy for the same fees as VDB since his contract is expired in 2025 (as long as he doesn't sign new deal). Kudus himself already said he wants to play in PL team and he almost joined Everton last summer but Ajax blocked the move because they already lost too many players. I'm assuming if we can act quick instead of leaving it too late, we can get him for VDB's fees.
i don't know...they are talking bit money for this kid coming from the Ajax camp

DutchSerb

Supports
FC Groningen
could we possibly purchase both of them for what say Osimhen might cost?
I think so if we're early and don't wait until the last weeks of the window. Napoli are going to squeeze us for every penny we've got so these two together will definitely be cheaper. Ajax squeezed us for Antony, but he was one of their most important players and we bought him when they couldn't get a proper replacement.

King Kendrick

Super talented player, but unsure of his natural position and where he would excel at best, bit like Pogba. I don’t think he would be used as the 9 just based on our target profile, unless it’s for specific teams, but more probably could be used as a rotational option with Bruno.

appleman

Supports
Atletico Madrid
Kinda funny how some people think ETH didn't rate Kudus. He started right after he was signed, and only got taken out through injury. His first return was much of the same, and he kept being injured in the meantime. At the end he was slowly getting back to normal shape, but ETH is also pretty reluctant in changing winning teams (see: Casemiro having to wait till McTominay went back to being McTominay). Kudus was possibly the best player at Ajax right after he joined, but at the end of Ten Hag's tenure, his midfield was pretty much set with Gravenberch, Berghuis and Alvarez (and Klaassen was a pretty stable 4th as well). Kudus is better than all three of them, but if those three are to ETH's liking as a unit, they will be his top 3(or 4). I wonder if ETH still sees him as a CM, though. He started as AM against Liverpool (bad memories :( ), but was CM in most other games, while now he's mostly seen as a AM/RW (or CF by Schreuder, who was hoping for his own Messi, I guess).

TLDR: pretty sure ETH rates Kudus, but while I would love him as a signing, I'm not sure who he'll take out, except for possibly Eriksen if he still sees Kudus as CM.

bosskeano

I think so if we're early and don't wait until the last weeks of the window. Napoli are going to squeeze us for every penny we've got so these two together will definitely be cheaper. Ajax squeezed us for Antony, but he was one of their most important players and we bought him when they couldn't get a proper replacement.
i'd be more than happy to sign Ramos as our 9 and add Kudus to the front 4 where ever he would fit in that group....it gives us two quality players that add depth but also are good enough to be in the first XI

Rapsel

Supports
Ajax
Kinda funny how some people think ETH didn't rate Kudus. He started right after he was signed, and only got taken out through injury. His first return was much of the same, and he kept being injured in the meantime. At the end he was slowly getting back to normal shape, but ETH is also pretty reluctant in changing winning teams (see: Casemiro having to wait till McTominay went back to being McTominay). Kudus was possibly the best player at Ajax right after he joined, but at the end of Ten Hag's tenure, his midfield was pretty much set with Gravenberch, Berghuis and Alvarez (and Klaassen was a pretty stable 4th as well). Kudus is better than all three of them, but if those three are to ETH's liking as a unit, they will be his top 3(or 4). I wonder if ETH still sees him as a CM, though. He started as AM against Liverpool (bad memories :( ), but was CM in most other games, while now he's mostly seen as a AM/RW (or CF by Schreuder, who was hoping for his own Messi, I guess).

TLDR: pretty sure ETH rates Kudus, but while I would love him as a signing, I'm not sure who he'll take out, except for possibly Eriksen if he still sees Kudus as CM.
Hard to nag about ETH but he once said he saw Kudus as LB and that was probably the moment us Ajax supporters thought Erik lost his mind. In his current form which is better than before his injuries he would fit in at any top club playing as a an 8 or RW. I can only hope we offer him a better contract and build the team around him as a 10 but I doubt he will sign. He is really up for the taking for any team offering 40/50 million and it will be the steal of the century.

appleman

Supports
Atletico Madrid
Hard to nag about ETH but he once said he saw Kudus as LB and that was probably the moment us Ajax supporters thought Erik lost his mind. In his current form which is better than before his injuries he would fit in at any top club playing as a an 8 or RW. I can only hope we offer him a better contract and build the team around him as a 10 but I doubt he will sign. He is really up for the taking for any team offering 40/50 million and it will be the steal of the century.
That would be very odd yes, though the way he utilized him as a CM, and how he has been using fullbacks like Mazraoui and Shaw makes me think it could kind of work, that he'll be like a Frenkie-ish iteration of a left back, moving in diagonal lines from left back to shadow striker positions. So if we keep AWB around as a starter, I would kind of like to see that :lol:

But in all honesty, him as an 8 or something would probably be my favourite choice, behind a more playmaking CF. Hope to see it somewhere, as I think that way he'd be the biggest steal of them all.

With him and Simons, the Eredivisie 10-stars are making a return?

justsomebloke

Super talented player, but unsure of his natural position and where he would excel at best, bit like Pogba. I don’t think he would be used as the 9 just based on our target profile, unless it’s for specific teams, but more probably could be used as a rotational option with Bruno.
Don't think we can accomodate a player as good as that chiefly as a rotational option for Bruno. Seeing as Bruno is almost never rested. And I don't think he's primarily a striker. Nor that he's the sort of player who adapts to whatever role he's needed in. Thought he looked amazing at the WC and would love to have him in the team, but it just doesn't look like a good fit.

Lee565

Sort of player pool should have signed to have replaced mane instead of gakpo

King Kendrick

Don't think we can accomodate a player as good as that chiefly as a rotational option for Bruno. Seeing as Bruno is almost never rested. And I don't think he's primarily a striker. Nor that he's the sort of player who adapts to whatever role he's needed in. Thought he looked amazing at the WC and would love to have him in the team, but it just doesn't look like a good fit.
While I tend to agree, we simply don't have anyone with Bruno's talent profile to be able to rest him currently. Donny is a completely different player to Bruno. Signing Kudus, however, we very well could rest him and not lose creativity or goal scoring prowess in the final third.

Rapsel

Supports
Ajax
That would be very odd yes, though the way he utilized him as a CM, and how he has been using fullbacks like Mazraoui and Shaw makes me think it could kind of work, that he'll be like a Frenkie-ish iteration of a left back, moving in diagonal lines from left back to shadow striker positions. So if we keep AWB around as a starter, I would kind of like to see that :lol:

But in all honesty, him as an 8 or something would probably be my favourite choice, behind a more playmaking CF. Hope to see it somewhere, as I think that way he'd be the biggest steal of them all.

With him and Simons, the Eredivisie 10-stars are making a return?
Since Simons is the only Dutch one I only care about him for the Dutch NT but a FDJ, Simons, Kudus midfield will be the next Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets midfield. You read it here first folks.

appleman

Supports
Atletico Madrid
Since Simons is the only Dutch one I only care about him for the Dutch NT but a FDJ, Simons, Kudus midfield will be the next Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets midfield. You read it here first folks.
I was thinking about this combination, too, haha, but don't think we'll see it (soon), and Kudus doesn't have a good card in pes yet :(

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
City played Silva and KDB for years. A talented manager can absolutely make it work. Bruno, Kudos and Case .

Just putting it here. I haven't seen Kudos except for the 3 -4 matched in WC and CL. So take it with a pinch of salt

bosskeano

a good fit??? he was one of the top players for Ajax under EtH. he would know him better than any other manager as Kudus played for Ten Hag.

King Kendrick

City played Silva and KDB for years. A talented manager can absolutely make it work. Bruno, Kudos and Case .

Just putting it here. I haven't seen Kudos except for the 3 -4 matched in WC and CL. So take it with a pinch of salt
Depends how well you think Bruno would do as an 8, as I don’t think Kudus has the discipline nor the skill set to be able to play as the 8. As stated previously, Kudus‘ prodigious gifts can have people dream of all the different roles he can play, but as someone who watches Ajax regularly, his most effective positions would probably have to be as a F9, which EtH has moved away from for several seasons now, or as an AM. He would probably cost 40-50m, which I don’t think is a good use of funds for a rotational option, unless you think long term Bruno can be an 8 and we don’t buy an Eriksen upgrade/replacement this summer as reported. If you’ve noticed, Eriksen/Fred and Casemiro have all been alternating part of the back line in possession, and I doubt we would see a productive Bruno if he were inserted to play the 8, or even have the discipline to stay there.

NoPace

If Sabitzer is a success and signs and we can't get De Jong, maybe we would look to really balance things by selling McTominay and Fred and buying a DM and Kudus:

Sabitzer(Eriksen)---Bruno(Kudus)
-----------------Casemiro(DM)-------------

No idea who for the DM. Tough to see Fred leaving, though, feels more like we'll just sign a 6/8 type.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Depends how well you think Bruno would do as an 8, as I don’t think Kudus has the discipline nor the skill set to be able to play as the 8. As stated previously, Kudus‘ prodigious gifts can have people dream of all the different roles he can play, but as someone who watches Ajax regularly, his most effective positions would probably have to be as a F9, which EtH has moved away from for several seasons now, or as an AM. He would probably cost 40-50m, which I don’t think is a good use of funds for a rotational option, unless you think long term Bruno can be an 8 and we don’t buy an Eriksen upgrade/replacement this summer as reported. If you’ve noticed, Eriksen/Fred and Casemiro have all been alternating part of the back line in possession, and I doubt we would see a productive Bruno if he were inserted to play the 8, or even have the discipline to stay there.
Didn't ten Hag play Kudus as no 8?

King Kendrick

Didn't ten Hag play Kudus as no 8?
He has at times, but he’s become even better as a F9/10, as evidenced by his carrying Ajax singlehandedly now at times. I would compare it to when we were playing Pogba as a holding mid when all evidence pointed to his best form being when he was pushed further forward, which is the point I’m trying to convey. Can he play as an 8? Sure, but just like when Bruno is shunted to the right, he has all the theoretical tools to play there, but we see his effect on matches is drastically reduced. Of course I’m just a poster on the caf and EtH I’m sure has forgotten more of his game than I’ll ever even know, but just my little observations.

justsomebloke

a good fit??? he was one of the top players for Ajax under EtH. he would know him better than any other manager as Kudus played for Ten Hag.
I'm not questioning that. I'm questioning if there's a space for him given our existing squad. He's not going to displace Bruno.

justsomebloke

While I tend to agree, we simply don't have anyone with Bruno's talent profile to be able to rest him currently. Donny is a completely different player to Bruno. Signing Kudus, however, we very well could rest him and not lose creativity or goal scoring prowess in the final third.
Up until now we've had Eriksen, who's well able to play in that position (arguably, it would be his best one) without a loss of creativity. I don't have the impression that a lack of alternatives is the main reason Bruno is so rarely rested.

dutchred

That is terrible, he is not a number 8.
Agree, he's not even a number 10. Ajax is currently using him as a number 7 with enough freedom to move inside. This is probably the best use of him

bosskeano

I'm not questioning that. I'm questioning if there's a space for him given our existing squad. He's not going to displace Bruno.
there is and will be....bring him in that gives you 4 guys who can cover the two wings as Kudus can play wide. It also gives you a guy who could play spot minutes when needed in the midfield as a 10. He's good enough to be a starting XI type of player but adds a ton of value to the depth. He's certainly better option than Elanga, Pellestri....

Status
Not open for further replies.