Mohammed Kudus

Status
Not open for further replies.

RVN1991

Have a feeling he'll end up at Dortmund as Bellingham's replacement.

Woziak

Is he only no10 or he can play mc on Eriksen position? I doubt that we will soend 50-60 mil on Bruno's backup
He’ll cost £45m with efficient owners and he can play false 9, Right wing inverted, Number 10 and number 8 attacking midfielder his versatility is a huge benefit

Terranova

Supports
United/Ajax
Could Kudus play as a striker for us?
KUDUS IS NOT A STRIKER, what is this obsession with getting players for positions other than their own. Sure he has played there for a while but was complaining after every match that he wasn't a striker and doesn't like playing there.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
He can cover left, right, CM, no 10 and false 9. Versatility player that has quality in him. He could be a great additional.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I don't really know a lot about him due to the amount of time he spent on the sidelines. But from the games I've watched, he's a player that will be in direct competition with Bruno if we sign him imo. Looks a player with a low centre of gravity, good dribbling ability and difficult to knock off the ball. Doesn't look like he has a expansive passing range, which may not be that important if the players in the defensive third (GK, CBs, deep mids, fullbacks) are of the requisite standard on the ball.

I think some of the mistakes the likes of Mourinho and Ole made when it came to recruitment was that they didn't take advantage of the players that they previously worked with or players that were from their native Portugal/Norway. Mourinho had the opportunity to sign Fabinho and it seems like he wasn't interested in some of the Portuguese talent that ended up at rival clubs. Solskjaer I feel should've tried for Odegaard. Klopp has signed numerous players who were either associated to the German or Austrian Bundesliga.

So I do hope we take advantage of signing good players that ten Hag has previously worked with. Whether that is Kudus or Timber, doesn't matter. What's important is signing players that the head scouts and ten Hag collaboratively agree on. And I'm sure we'll sign players that will be put forth by the likes of Mayorga/Wells with input from Dominic Jordan in a data analytics pov. The likes of Timber and Kudus would be more difficult to sign without ten Hag. So we should try taking advantage in such a situation, especially now that we will have had a full season of the newly installed recruitment/data science team running the rule over the aforementioned players.

georgipep

I don't really know a lot about him due to the amount of time he spent on the sidelines. But from the games I've watched, he's a player that will be in direct competition with Bruno if we sign him imo. Looks a player with a low centre of gravity, good dribbling ability and difficult to knock off the ball. Doesn't look like he has a expansive passing range, which may not be that important if the players in the defensive third (GK, CBs, deep mids, fullbacks) are of the requisite standard on the ball.

I think some of the mistakes the likes of Mourinho and Ole made when it came to recruitment was that they didn't take advantage of the players that they previously worked with or players that were from their native Portugal/Norway. Mourinho had the opportunity to sign Fabinho and it seems like he wasn't interested in some of the Portuguese talent that ended up at rival clubs. Solskjaer I feel should've tried for Odegaard. Klopp has signed numerous players who were either associated to the German or Austrian Bundesliga.

So I do hope we take advantage of signing good players that ten Hag has previously worked with. Whether that is Kudus or Timber, doesn't matter. What's important is signing players that the head scouts and ten Hag collaboratively agree on. And I'm sure we'll sign players that will be put forth by the likes of Mayorga/Wells with input from Dominic Jordan in a data analytics pov. The likes of Timber and Kudus would be more difficult to sign without ten Hag. So we should try taking advantage in such a situation, especially now that we will have had a full season of the newly installed recruitment/data science team running the rule over the aforementioned players.
Odegaard wanted to play for Arsenal. He publicly stated so. Ole has spoken highly of him in the past and I assume there have been contacts in the background.

On Mourinho, I think there was a massive clash between him and the scouting department, as evidenced by transfers which he seemingly hasn't initiated (Fred, for example). We did buy Dalot on his recommendation and I assume he requested other Portuguese or LigaNOS-based players but was denied either by scouts or by their price tags.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Odegaard wanted to play for Arsenal. He publicly stated so. Ole has spoken highly of him in the past and I assume there have been contacts in the background.

On Mourinho, I think there was a massive clash between him and the scouting department, as evidenced by transfers which he seemingly hasn't initiated (Fred, for example). We did buy Dalot on his recommendation and I assume he requested other Portuguese or LigaNOS-based players but was denied either by scouts or by their price tags.
Odegaard was reportedly a Liverpool fan, and we showed no interest in signing him from Madrid. The club that did show a interest was Arsenal and hence he ended up playing for them.

Mourinho and the scouting department at the time clashed over Mourinho wanting to sign Maguire, Boateng or Aldewereild. All three players were deemed not good enough according to Daniel Taylor (Guardian) and the signings were vetoed and Woodward backed the heads of scouting. A year later Woodward allowed Solskjaer and phelan to sign Maguire. And Fred like many other Portuguese speaking players was a Mourinho signing, on the recommendation of his independent scouts according to the Daily Telegraph.

When you refuse to work with the existing recruitment structure, then you will fail. That's exactly what happened at Liverpool with Brendan Rodgers who was reportedly in a constant battle with Liverpool's transfer committee led by Michael Edwards. Klopp came in and worked with the existing recruitment structure collaboratively and they've enjoyed success.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert

A direct competition for Bruno makes sense considering how we have deployed Weghorst lately.

BerryBerryShrew

Think he could replace Bruno
If we choose to persevere with Bruno next season and don't sign this guy, anytime Bruno underperforms people who are muppetting in this thread can say: "Don't blame me, I voted for Kudus".

Adnan

Talent Spotter
A direct competition for Bruno makes sense considering how we have deployed Weghorst lately.
Definitely imo.

We need competition in the attacking midfield role and Kudus looks like a player who will provide competition in the role with a different set of attributes. I haven't seen him play a lot, but from the little I have, I can understand why a player with his skillset would appeal to us. And he also carries a goal threat.

Below are a few vids, which highlight what he could potentially add to our team.

SAF is the GOAT

He's too of an injury prone player.

My friend is an Ajax fan and he says it also.

And that's even without talking about the price that Ajax will put on him because they rates him higher than Antony

22/23IllJan 7, 2023Jan 13, 20236 days2
21/22Fractured RibNov 15, 2021Feb 6, 202283 days13
21/22Ankle InjuryJul 16, 2021Sep 16, 202162 days6
20/21FitnessJan 14, 2021Feb 9, 202126 days6
20/21Meniscal InjuryOct 22, 2020Jan 9, 202179 days15
20/21KnockOct 2, 2020Oct 9, 20207 days1

RuudTom83

Seem to be a bit of a Fred clone, the version of Fred that plays higher up the pitch.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Definitely imo.

We need competition in the attacking midfield role and Kudus looks like a player who will provide competition in the role with a different set of attributes. I haven't seen him play a lot, but from the little I have, I can understand why a player with his skillset would appeal to us. And he also carries a goal threat.

Below are a few vids, which highlight what he could potentially add to our team.

Agree. I also think it suits Bruno being more of a «pure» attacker, the way he is when EtH plays him out wide. Gets more time and space on the ball, and more freedom to attack. Also ensure we see less of him on the ball in areas where we really dont want to lose it.

Personally, I also prefer someone more physical through the middle than him. With both him and Fred it feels very «weak».

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Agree. I also think it suits Bruno being more of a «pure» attacker, the way he is when EtH plays him out wide. Gets more time and space on the ball, and more freedom to attack. Also ensure we see less of him on the ball in areas where we really dont want to lose it.

Personally, I also prefer someone more physical through the middle than him. With both him and Fred it feels very «weak».
Completely agree mate, spot on.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
If we choose to persevere with Bruno next season and don't sign this guy, anytime Bruno underperforms people who are muppetting in this thread can say: "Don't blame me, I voted for Kudus".
Or not

Bojan Djordjic

KUDUS IS NOT A STRIKER, what is this obsession with getting players for positions other than their own. Sure he has played there for a while but was complaining after every match that he wasn't a striker and doesn't like playing there.
This is the biggest thing that drives me absolutely crazy on this forum. People assuming players are equally as good in other positions - Buy Kudus as a striker, Buy Timber as a right back because he played there as a 14 year old, buy Gakpo as a striker, buy Gvardiol as a RCB. Just buy players in the effin' positions they've shone in.

NoPace

Nah don't think so. Alfred Schreuder used him as a striker this season and while he did well there I feel he's wasted a bit there.
Do you think he could play on the right cutting in? That's such a weak spot in general due to the lack of left-footers that I could see him getting bought by a quality team like Napoli (Politano moving on).

Kinda feels like this is who Spurs should sign. He could play as a #10 if they move to 4 at the back, or give their midfield an actual pulse going forward if he's in a 3 when Kulusevski sits and backup Kulusevski since Kane wants to drop deep and Porro can create from out wide, so he could play somewhat tucked in and not be marooned out wide.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Do you think he could play on the right cutting in? That's such a weak spot in general due to the lack of left-footers that I could see him getting bought by a quality team like Napoli (Politano moving on).

Kinda feels like this is who Spurs should sign. He could play as a #10 if they move to 4 at the back, or give their midfield an actual pulse going forward if he's in a 3 when Kulusevski sits and backup Kulusevski since Kane wants to drop deep and Porro can create from out wide, so he could play somewhat tucked in and not be marooned out wide.
I think he's best as an attacking midfielder. His close control is amazing and he's very hard to dispossess. Only think still lacking a bit is decision making at times. Not sure how fast he is (re:playing on the wing), should probably ask our resident Ajacieden. I'm sure @AjaxCunian or @BrilliantOrange have an idea.

Terranova

Supports
United/Ajax

He is playing there last few matches, in a Ziyech kinda role. So he can roam and do what he wants, but starts on the right wing.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
I think he's best as an attacking midfielder. His close control is amazing and he's very hard to dispossess. Only think still lacking a bit is decision making at times. Not sure how fast he is (re:playing on the wing), should probably ask our resident Ajacieden. I'm sure @AjaxCunian or @BrilliantOrange have an idea.
He's fast, very fast for an attacking midfielder, very athletic. He might not be as fast as your typical winger but he's much stronger than they are and very difficult to get off the ball.

Would be a good signing for both clubs.

Woziak

He’s an all rounder that can play number 8, Number 10, false 9 and inverted right wing. He’s young, had too many injuries but has elite level pace and mentality, if the club can get this done early for £45-50m on a 5 year contract, it’s a no brainier as ETH loves him and the player loves ETH also gives competition all through the attacking positions in the squad.

Herschel Krustofsky

Supports
Balanced perspectives
This is the biggest thing that drives me absolutely crazy on this forum. People assuming players are equally as good in other positions - Buy Kudus as a striker, Buy Timber as a right back because he played there as a 14 year old, buy Gakpo as a striker, buy Gvardiol as a RCB. Just buy players in the effin' positions they've shone in.
Crazy thinking!!

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
He looks like a RW or right-sided wide forward to me in the long term. Too much of a chaos player and not enough of a passer to be part of the midfield in a top side, at least one set up to control matches.

Thiagoal

Seems similar style to Amad but with greater upppr body strength
I was going to post exactly the same. Whenever I’ve watched him he looks very similar to Amad. Low centre of gravity, fantastic first touch and quick incisive passing. I’d say we need to give Amad a shot before pursuing this one!

NoPace

He's fast, very fast for an attacking midfielder, very athletic. He might not be as fast as your typical winger but he's much stronger than they are and very difficult to get off the ball.

Would be a good signing for both clubs.
Yeah, I'd guess he's gonna end up a RW at least some of the time then when he moves to a big team, I bet. A strong left-footer who can run through some LBs is just harder to find than a #10.

PSG then maybe too if Neymar and Messi go and Kolo Muani comes in, as rumoured. Mbappe-Kolo-Muani-Kudus and he can play sort of as a #10 anyways like Isco did with Madrid, with Mbappe not tracking back, Kolo-Muani (or whoever they sign up top) stretching the play and Hakimi overlapping, the balance should fit someone working in the right half-space. Vitinha as a 10, Verrati an 8 and a new sitting DM and you've got a (short) stew going.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
His dribbling looks great
His dribbling looks very good and on top of that, it also looks like his ball retention is also at a high level. He's also physically very strong with a good turn of pace and a defensive game to go along with that.

He's got very good potential as a attacking midfielder who is showing the ability to drop into the middle third and advance the play via his dribbling skills through to the final third. We don't have anyone who can do that at a high enough level. And a player with Kudus' attributes has the potential to make us a more dominant team on the ball due to his natural gifts. And I think a player with his attributes can help the team improve collectively by aiding the development of a system of play, which will exert more control, create more chances and score more goals over the course of a season.

From what's being reported by several journos, it seems like ten Hag ideally wants at least 5 new players if money wasn't an issue. And those positions are GK, RB, CM, AM, Striker.

And I think that could be a reality if we get new owners in by May.

georgipep

His dribbling looks very good and on top of that, it also looks like his ball retention is also at a high level. He's also physically very strong with a good turn of pace and a defensive game to go along with that.

He's got very good potential as a attacking midfielder who is showing the ability to drop into the middle third and advance the play via his dribbling skills through to the final third. We don't have anyone who can do that at a high enough level. And a player with Kudus' attributes has the potential to make us a more dominant team on the ball due to his natural gifts. And I think a player with his attributes can help the team improve collectively by aiding the development of a system of play, which will exert more control, create more chances and score more goals over the course of a season.

From what's being reported by several journos, it seems like ten Hag ideally wants at least 5 new players if money wasn't an issue. And those positions are GK, RB, CM, AM, Striker.

And I think that could be a reality if we get new owners in by May.
I like him a lot but in terms of ball retention, he isn't doing well at all.

Surprisingly, he is also not very productive when it comes to end product.

Let's see. If we get him though, that's almost the end of Mejbri/Amad hopes for a place in the squad next season.

Edit: all screenshots are last 365 days compared to top 5 leagues.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I like him a lot but in terms of ball retention, he isn't doing well at all.

Surprisingly, he is also not very productive when it comes to end product.

Let's see. If we get him though, that's almost the end of Mejbri/Amad hopes for a place in the squad next season.

Edit: all screenshots are last 365 days compared to top 5 leagues.
I'm going off the analysis below regarding his ball retention. And for a player that looks to evade/resist the press via ball carrying, dribbling, and playing forward passes. His ball retention is really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.