Mohammed Kudus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bondi77

If they will take VDB back as part of a potential deal I would be up for it but otherwise no thanks.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Perfect time to buy this guy after the rubbish season they've had. Only drawback is that he seems a bit injury prone.

Woziak

If they will take VDB back as part of a potential deal I would be up for it but otherwise no thanks.
Yep that’s my thinking DVB and Fred out for this kid, Sabitzer sent back to Bayern.

Adrien Rabiot and Tielemans on a free with our midfield options looking like ; Casemeiro, A Rabiot, Ericsen, Bruno, Tielemans,S Mctominay, Kudas who can operate as an 8,10, false 9 and a right or left winger.

Massive upgrade on our midfield for probably £20m net .
Scott kept for HG status
I think we need J Maddison or M Kudas as this versatile attacking midfielder and they are probably both available at £40m because of contract issues.

We then sign Hojlund and Thurham as our Strikers to fight it out as number 9 for £60-65m combined.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
He does play mostly on the right wing this season I think. Do United need another right winger? He can also play as a 10, but I'd say Bruno is better. He also doesn't strike me as the type of guy that is contend with being on the bench, since this is the 2nd time he's publically saying he wants to leave Ajax.

ETH86

Supports
Ajax
He does play mostly on the right wing this season I think. Do United need another right winger? He can also play as a 10, but I'd say Bruno is better. He also doesn't strike me as the type of guy that is contend with being on the bench, since this is the 2nd time he's publically saying he wants to leave Ajax.
Bollocks, but I am not surprised as you are always negative about any Ajax related players because you are a feyenoord fan. He's an excellent player that will be a great addition to the team, but quite frankly I reckon he's a better fit for Arsenal.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Bollocks, but I am not surprised as you are always negative about any Ajax related players because you are a feyenoord fan. He's an excellent player that will be a great addition to the team, but quite frankly I reckon he's a better fit for Arsenal.
Which part is bollocks? That he plays on the right for Ajax? That Bruno is better or that he's saying he wants to leave? I stated 2 posts above this one that this is the perfect time to buy this guy :lol:

I'm negative towards almost all Eredivisie players. I also warned that Malacia wouldn't be good enough (and would you look at that, he's not).

ETH86

Supports
Ajax
Swap for Donny?
Nah, we don't need a player that has been injured for a long time. I am afraid OG Donny Vd Beek who was playing good in his Ajax period is gone. It's a shame, because the lad was good before his injuries.

daba

Haven’t seen much of him at all but if we could do something like 25m plus Donny I think that’s a decent outcome for all parties. Seems tactically versatile which ETH values and at a good age for him to kick on into his prime with us.

Would much rather this than Sabitzer that’s for sure.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Think he's fantastic and has huge potential. Not sure where we'd play him though, so don't think we get him. He's not a CF, more the 3rd midfielder where he can move with the ball and attack which isn't exactly a need (well we need midfielders who can move with the ball). Somewhat could see a 3 where he plays as a 10 and Bruno plays deeper, but otherwise? Think it's vital to get a press resistant deep midfielder, gettin Kudus pushes Bruno deeper long term which is the wrong move for me. So otherwise, not sure it makes sense. We also aren't in the position to make signings like this to just improve the squad.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Think he's fantastic and has huge potential. Not sure where we'd play him though, so don't think we get him. He's not a CF, more the 3rd midfielder where he can move with the ball and attack which isn't exactly a need (well we need midfielders who can move with the ball). Somewhat could see a 3 where he plays as a 10 and Bruno plays deeper, but otherwise? Think it's vital to get a press resistant deep midfielder, gettin Kudus pushes Bruno deeper long term which is the wrong move for me. So otherwise, not sure it makes sense. We also aren't in the position to make signings like this to just improve the squad.
Disagree, we have enough crap he could replace if we offload them.
Also the team lacking goals isn't just an issue with the ST position

bosnian_red

Disagree, we have enough crap he could replace if we offload them.
Also the team lacking goals isn't just an issue with the ST position
Squad building wise, given the cluster feck of our ownership position, and massive holes at ST, GK and the need to address CM and casemiros partner are the areas we need to address this summer. It will be very difficult to address all these this summer because of the ownership thing.

That's why I just don't think it's smart to do incremental squad upgrades with Kudus in for Donny/Sancho. Not to mention that selling Sancho actually hurts us with FFP (due to how amortization impacts FFP), so that won't happen. And you can't just pull a Chelsea and stockpile. So by that logic, Kudus is a non starter. He's not a RW, and ten hag isn't replacing Antony nor should he. He isn't a CF. He plays where Bruno plays, and Bruno always plays and will be the full time captain soon.

Woziak

The price is right but where would he actually play for us?
He can play as a 10 if Bruno plays as the 8, he can play right winger if we are playing a more tactical side away from home. He can play as right winger or he could play as an attacking 8 in a 4-1-2-3 so you have someonewho can really play in multiple positions and always give you a goal threat plus he works hard defensively

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Squad building wise, given the cluster feck of our ownership position, and massive holes at ST, GK and the need to address CM and casemiros partner are the areas we need to address this summer. It will be very difficult to address all these this summer because of the ownership thing.

That's why I just don't think it's smart to do incremental squad upgrades with Kudus in for Donny/Sancho. Not to mention that selling Sancho actually hurts us with FFP (due to how amortization impacts FFP), so that won't happen. And you can't just pull a Chelsea and stockpile. So by that logic, Kudus is a non starter. He's not a RW, and ten hag isn't replacing Antony nor should he. He isn't a CF. He plays where Bruno plays, and Bruno always plays and will be the full time captain soon.
Indeed hence why we need a player who can play when he is obviously exhausted/out of form or gets injured. ETH tried Sancho there, and Antony.
Kudus gives you options at RW, CM, AM, and CF and importantly brings goals
DVB will be replaced regardless, so if a deal can be done with a minimal fee + DVB its a no-brainer (and very smart).

As for Sancho and FFP, what hurts us more is his large wages and lack of production on the field

Onerealunited

We should definitely consider players like this with reasonable price but given our budget this should only be a case if they’re willing to take DVB as part of the negotiations

bosnian_red

Indeed hence why we need a player who can play when he is obviously exhausted/out of form or gets injured. ETH tried Sancho there, and Antony.
Kudus gives you options at RW, CM, AM, and CF and importantly brings goals
DVB will be replaced regardless, so if a deal can be done with a minimal fee + DVB its a no-brainer (and very smart).

As for Sancho and FFP, what hurts us more is his large wages and lack of production on the field
Sancho, Antony, amad returning, playing Eriksen there, Fred, etc are all more than fine for the few games we choose to rest Bruno. We still have some bloat in our squad. Donny is part of it. Players we should sell without replacing.

Sure, it'd be better to replace Sancho in the squad with a player who will have a bigger impact. But it's not realistic to do so this summer, so we won't put much work in getting rid of him. Next summer, sure. Can't do it all in 1 summer.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Another Ornstein prophecy incoming ? Kudus, Amad, Pellistri, Fergie. Not the worst vision of future.

Ball in Erik's court obviously. Ajax will definitely talk to him. Slowly heading in the direction of rapid players being main motive this summer is some news tbh.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Special player, but don't think we need him. Antony and Amad should be fine for next season, Sancho could play there as well.

He is not better than Bruno and couldn't play as an 8. Well he hasn't for years.

We should buy players who fit the squad better.

For Arsenal he would be a great backuo for Odegaard and Saka combined. Think he would love to live in London as well and acclammatise easily.

Would be perfect for Brighton/Dortmund.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Just read he started only 30 games in 3 full seasons for Ajax. That's way less than I thought.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
If he’s a wide player, can he beat his man with dribbling? Because I’m sick of our wide forwards constantly stopping and passing it sideways rather than trying to beat their fullbacks:

Amsterdam Devil

Overrated player, most of the people haven’t even seen him play a game. Not even the best player in Holland in a weak league. Most Ajax supporters don’t mind him leaving and will laugh their heads off if they sell him for 40 million.

See him (nr 20) press in a game a couple of weeks ago against Groningen, who are terrible and went down this season:

Erik the Red

Would prefer Musiala, but I think either would be good cover / potential long term replacement for Bruno. I wouldn't write off Sancho for that role, but he clearly needs to get his confidence back.

Crickus

If ETH likes him then i would be happy with the signing. A powerful player that can play anywhere in the midfield and even upfront.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Been name dropped as a player of interest by Times today. How good is he and what's his best position?

Mainoldo

Been name dropped as a player of interest by Times today. How good is he and what's his best position?
Too much of a risk. Maybe last summer but this summer is crucial.

I’d say dead certs like Mount, Rice, Caicedo etc. He’ll cost about £50m by the time we negotiate.

Erik the Red

Too much of a risk. Maybe last summer but this summer is crucial.

I’d say dead certs like Mount, Rice, Caicedo etc. He’ll cost about £50m by the time we negotiate.
I agree, I'm not against us taking on a few more of ETH's ex-players, such as Kudus, Timber, FDJ, de Ligt, etc., but apart from Onana, I don't think any of the others are urgent, and it should be on our terms, when we want, at a price to suit us.

TheLord

40m for a player who no one has heard of and will in all likelihood fail miserably in a top European League, like thousands of others before him. I hope we are NOT serious!

Status
Not open for further replies.