Mohammed Salisu

Rasendori

Man Of Culture
Potentially a good move for him. I felt a move for either of A.Madrid/Sevilla would have been good for him. A.Madrid for the opportunity to work with Diego Simeone, as well as the persistent injuries of Giménez. However, Nehuén Pérez might be returning on loan. Sevilla as a replacement for Diego Carlos who was linked to Barcelona amongst others.

Salisu went from playing a semi-professional division in Spain, to playing in La Liga which is a big jump. And now he'll have an even bigger jump playing on the European stage with Rennes (should they succeed in playoffs).

With Rennes finishing 3rd, they would be in the Champions League play offs under normal circumstances. However, Corona complicates things. Uefa Executive Committee are having a conference meeting via video on June 17 and 18th which will address the qualifying phase for 2020/21 UCL. It would be a shame for Salisu, if it was established that Rennes will be one of the sides to miss out on the Champions League. According to newspaper, The Times, UEFA might explore the option to limit/shorten the playoffs to those that won their respective domestic leagues and then financially compensate the rest. I reckon Rennes will be fine.

Provided he continues on his trajectory, at International level he could potentially form an interesting defensive triumvirate - Salisu, the upcoming Nathaniel Adjei, and Partey.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
€12m? Will be a great buy for any EPL club that, you can hardly buy a youth player for that these days.

croadyman

You would think Mata would clearly have spoken to his dad about this guy. Think there is a possibility of us getting him or Torres if we can sell a couple of CB's

Interestingly enough it says that he can also play at DM as well but presume he hasn't played there that much.

Last edited:

croadyman

Would like us to sign him and think it's a possibility with Mata's dad being his agent. I see that Rondon is also a client of his but no thank you Mr Mata

Adnan

Talent Spotter
It would be good to sign him on the cheap, but it would be better for the player if he joins a club where he has a good chance of being a regular in the immediate future.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Lot of rumours he's going Southampton I thought? That would be a good move.

Craig Ward

It would be good to sign him on the cheap, but it would be better for the player if he joins a club where he has a good chance of being a regular in the immediate future.
If he came here and stayed fit and impressed he'd have a good shout at being Maguire's partner.

We all have high hopes for Tuanzebe and Bailly but they havent strung a solid run of games together for years. Lindelof can be improved upon.

I'm not sure signing a young emerging CB is our best option if we were looking into the transfer market mind, i'd see better value in a Tah / Upamencano signing.

Wouldnt be the worst bit of business we done though. He'd improve here

Number32

I saw him once against Barca. He is very mature for his age, good in the air, and very comfortable controlling the ball.

Southampton would transform him to be another Van Dijk, if they got him this summer.

gajender

I saw him once against Barca. He is very mature for his age, good in the air, and very comfortable controlling the ball.

Southampton would transform him to be another Van Dijk, if they got him this summer.
I wish if it was that easy.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Try to avoid Valladolid matches like the plague (one of the most boring teams on the planet) but tuned in v Alaves and he was actually on the bench.

Mikelinho

Why is nobody mentioning this guy after today? Insane performance.

How has he played this season?