Moise Kean | Everton player

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
If the time-wasting excuse is true he's just hung a young player who's struggling in a new league out to dry, which is pisspoor management. If he saw something he didn't like in the game and/or felt he needed to prove a point to the player he should put Everton fans in the picture about it, perhaps not post-match with Shreeves but soon.

Acole9

Outstanding
Duncan Ferguson was a bit before my time so I don't know much about him but that and his behaviour after the final whistle and that cringey interview on Sky doesn't paint him as a likeable person at all.

That said Kean seemed a bit lost when he came on and had to be given instructions by Richarlison for example.
That interview was very odd. I reckon there's going to be a fair bit of stick for that.

TheReligion

Abusive
Really poor from Ferguson in my opinion.

Kean is having a tough time and this will obliterate any shred of confidence and dignity he had left. It's even worse given he's a young player and they can be very fragile mentally. It's certainly not how you man manage.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He didn't even acknowledge Kean as he was clearly desolate while coming off the pitch. Strange man management.

Ferguson throwing down the gauntlet for the job there.

Look at me, I take no shit...

It’s straight out of the Tim Sherwood school of management. Long term, it doesn’t work.

Ferguson’s entire image is forced. He runs around like a man who has been asked to play the role of Duncan Ferguson.
Tim Sherwood is a blast form the (recent) past. A forgotten man, I assume he’s gone from the game?

strange move from Ferguson. Looks like the player wasn’t doing as instructed, and the manager had then said it was to waste time to save face for the player after the match.

At one time I would have loved him at Utd, if he could have stayed fit and curbed his temper he could have been outstanding - clearly football has moved on from that type of striker. Always played well against us, but then Everton seem to raise their game when they play is, yet play like cowards when they play Liverpool.

Tarrou

if it was for time wasting the very least he could've done was tell him as soon as he came off, and apologise to the player for humiliating him

DavidDeSchmikes

These are Kean's stats. If Ferguson was time wasting, why did he blank Kean completely when he came off

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
It was 100% poor from Ferguson. He came across a bellend when he blanked Kean as he was coming off.

DoomSlayer

Are managers not allowed to make subs that they see fit anymore? I honestly don't think you can criticise that decision, unless it backfires and it didn't.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Get the feeling loan move bacj to Serie A has already been agreed so guess he's not seen as long term future, odd decision though to even bring him on.

TheReligion

Abusive
Are managers not allowed to make subs that they see fit anymore? I honestly don't think you can criticise that decision, unless it backfires and it didn't.
I think it's likely going to back fire in the long run. They bought Kean for a lot of money and he came with high expectations.

DoomSlayer

I think it's likely going to back fire in the long run. They bought Kean for a lot of money and he came with high expectations.
I see your point, but I would blame the club and the previous manager for the transfer alltogether. Kean doesn't strike me as a player that is anywhere near ready for the PL and they paid too much money, so the expectations are obviously high.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Not a single person said he did well, at least not in this thread.
You're making excuses for that asshole of a manager. Kean was putting in an effort. Everton did nothing all second half and after he came on he was the only one that looked threatening.
He didn’t ignore instructions, I don’t get why you keep repeating that line. He came on and did fine.
Yeah no problem, reading is not for everybody I guess.

Shithole of a decision imo. Would've had no effect either way, just a case of Ferguson throwing a young lad under the bus so he can look like a tough manager who can make the hard decisions.

Kostur

海尔的老板
He did. He wasn't awful.

I don't feel those stats tell us the whole story just because of how dominant we were.
No idea man, putting the whole shenanigans aside whether Ferguson is a dick (I mean, he's the only player in the EPL to have served a fecking sentence for an assault on the pitch so it's not like today's decision changes anything in his dick resume), Kean looked as shit as, I don't know, Iwobi? Calvert Lewin was their best attacking player today I felt. I somewhat am in the same boat as @SilentWitness on this stuff, I guess he asked something of him, he didn't do it for odd 20 minutes and then he fecked him off.

It's either that or the whole locker hates him and Ferguson knows nothing will happen to him because nobody likes Kean anyway I guess.

Acole9

Outstanding
What did he say?
It was done out on the pitch straight after the final whistle, Sky don't normally do that unless it's the final day of the season. It was as if he'd just won Everton the title.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Yeah no problem, reading is not for everybody I guess.
Yeah for you. Putting in an effort is not the same as playing well. Kean wasn't worse tha Richarlison or Calwert-Levin. Daniel James put in a lot of effort but wasn't very good either. Do you understand the difference?

Kostur

海尔的老板
Yeah for you. Putting in an effort is not the same as playing well. Kean wasn't worse tha Richarlison or Calwert-Levin. Daniel James put in a lot of effort but wasn't very good either. Do you understand the difference?
You do realise that 'fine' is a synonym for 'well', right?

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Just to play devils advocate here, I thought Kean was terrible. The lad that came on troubled lindelof in the few minutes he had. Its not like subs haven’t been subbed before

Still, should have shook his hand at least and showed some decency in public for the lad

FujiVice

Ferguson has been a coach at Everton throughout Kean's time. This seems to me like some receipt for a general dislike for the player.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Ferguson has been a coach at Everton throughout Kean's time. This seems to me like some receipt for a general dislike for the player.
I think so. He didn’t sign him, Silva did and I think he’s making a statement that he doesn’t fancy him

DoomSlayer

I find it hilarious that some people are taking this to heart, as if it's our issue. I honestly don't get what the hype is with Kean anyway, his career could go either way in the long-run.

Chipper

Adulterer.
It's ok in American.
And to me, an English person. It depends on context.

A fine wine is a (very) good one. "That was a fine goal indeed" would be a good one too.

"Sorry for being late, the traffic was horrendous"
"Don't worry, it's fine"
Means it's ok.

"How is the food?"
"It's fine"
Means there's not a problem with it.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Convention dictates the sub doesn’t get subbed. But game management is vital for your centre-forward when you’re under the cosh. They need to do the basics right - otherwise you can’t get out and you usually end up conceding.

How he deals with it behind the scenes - constructively and positively - is the key though.

youngrell

The sub itself was a little surprising because you don’t see it too often but the lack of exchange and letting him trudge down the touch line alone was shocking.

Bet the lad wanted the ground to swallow him up.

AFC NimbleThumb

‘Big Dunc’ was flexing his muscles, it rains i’ll take my jacket off, young player not showing the over enthusiasm I used to; sub him. Can’t remember what fred I was watching but an ‘ex-pro’ was saying Kean has every right to be fuming & to walk off; it simply isn’t done.

If he was performing badly, sub him & communicate but he subbed a young player in a new country then flat out ignores him - this wasn’t a teaching moment it was a moment for ‘Big Dunc’ to show out on the biggest stage in English football.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
Feelings are mixed on Grand Old Team (Everton Forum) but their poll has 54.0% backing the (interim) manager.

Some random quotes

I trust Dunc’s decision in this one. Keane had the look of a spoilt brat when he came off.
Needs to do some growing up.
I feel like it wasn’t tactical and Dunc really doesn’t like Kean and he’s seen some opportunity to pull his kecks down.
Awww, did the nasty old Everton manager sub off the poor little multi-millionaire for not doing what he was asked? How on earth will the delicate little rose petal cope with such a traumatic experience?!
If Ferguson had tried to console him I bet he would have got the usual shrug off these multi million pound players like to give to a manager, Pogba took the p1ss out of Mourihno in similar circumstances.
Is it just me, or is the big man being a bit of a show off in the dugout? Taking off the suit jacket, the wristband, subbing off the “lazy” teenager. Smacks of playing to the gallery to me.
He couldn’t have felt that “embarrassed” or “humiliated” if he leisurely strolled halfway down the length of Old Trafford in front of 75,000 people. You think he would have quickly dived into the anonymity of that sub area.
Can people safely call him lazy now or are they still massive racists for doing so?
I gotta get off the internet when it comes to football to be honest, and just make up my own mind like I used to! I can't be doing with the negativity all the time.

Last edited: