Moise Kean | Everton player

Conor

Harsh but if you're given instructions and then just jog around which I assume is the case then fair play. He's paid to do a job and if he doesn't want to put the effort in then he doesn't deserve to be on the pitch.
No, that's just a dickhead move. Like taking off your suit jacket in the freezing, pissing rain.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
It feels wrong to type it on this forum but... manager Ferguson is an idiot.

The jacket thing and that sub he made. Just a manager trying to get a moment in the spotlights. :houllier:
Reeks of a manager trying to put his stamp. Poor boy was shocked.

Looked premeditated to me.
This. I'm not sure why posters are supposing he was subbed for ignoring instructions. I think it was a time-wasting tactic with the player's dignity as collateral for a point. If that's the case then it doesn't bode well for Ferguson moving forward, the best managers value their squad they don't diminish the fringe players for the sake of results because when results inevitably go against them it won't take much for the squad to fracture and stop playing for him. Foolish.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Big Dunc just said he subbed him off to waste time and he had no problem with his performance.
Definitely premeditated, then. Like @Stadjer says with the whole blazer thing — I think Duncan Ferguson is playing it up for the Everton faithful.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Yeah I don’t buy that personally. His reaction didn’t portray that at all.
Indeed. As others have said, doing that to a young player will have utterly destroyed his self confidence. Wouldnt be surprised if he goes out on loan in January and never plays for Everton again.

Nick7

Bizarre management. He did no worse than their other players I thought.

Disgusting man management, how to destroy a young player's confidence in 10 seconds. If he wanted to waste time he could have subbed off anyone else. Ferguson is a dick

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Harsh but if you're given instructions and then just jog around which I assume is the case then fair play. He's paid to do a job and if he doesn't want to put the effort in then he doesn't deserve to be on the pitch.
You're making excuses for that asshole of a manager. Kean was putting in an effort. Everton did nothing all second half and after he came on he was the only one that looked threatening.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Indeed. As others have said, doing that to a young player will have utterly destroyed his self confidence. Wouldnt be surprised if he goes out on loan in January and never plays for Everton again.
If it was “nothing personal” he wouldn’t have totally blanked him. Absolutely shocking management.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
This. I'm not sure why posters are supposing he was subbed for ignoring instructions. I think it was a time-wasting tactic with the player's dignity as collateral for a point. If that's the case then it doesn't bode well for Ferguson moving forward, the best managers value their squad they don't diminish the fringe players for the sake of results because when results inevitably go against them it won't take much for the squad to fracture and stop playing for him. Foolish.
I've never, ever seen a player come on and then be subbed off within 18 minutes to waste time. Also if you sub a player off to waste time, you don't normally blank the guy as he walks past.

Strange from Dunc but he is a nutcase.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
No, that's just a dickhead move. Like taking off your suit jacket in the freezing, pissing rain.
:lol: If you're asked to do a job and you don't do it then it's fair in my view. Players are paid obscene amounts to play and if they ignore instructions from a manager then why should he stay on? This is a player that has already been fined and spoken to for being late to meetings and stuff under the previous manager. I'd love for him to turn it around and do think under Silva he wasn't played in the correct positions but as a player you still need to put the effort in and do what you're instructed to do by the manager. I feel for him but I can only be so empathetic.

Ferguson definitely chatting bollocks there about time wasting.

Berbaclass

You're making excuses for that asshole of a manager. Kean was putting in an effort. Everton did nothing all second half and after he came on he was the only one that looked threatening.
This. He was putting challenges in and putting himself about. He was in no way “just jogging around “.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Not making any excuses, if Ferguson took him off for time wasting reasons then he is at fault and being an arsehole but if the player ignored instructions then I don't think it is unfair to sub them off. Until the full story comes out it is all up in the air as to what the reasons were. I don't think Ferguson was wasting time but if he was then he's at fault for doing that.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Don't see what he did that was so bad to embarrass him like that.

That sort of management is what'll lose you the dressing room in the long run.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
I hope he relegates them

Berbaclass

Not making any excuses, if Ferguson took him off for time wasting reasons then he is at fault and being an arsehole but if the player ignored instructions then I don't think it is unfair to sub them off. Until the full story comes out it is all up in the air as to what the reasons were. I don't think Ferguson was wasting time but if he was then he's at fault for doing that.
He didn’t ignore instructions, I don’t get why you keep repeating that line. He came on and did fine.

Pagh Wraith

Duncan Ferguson was a bit before my time so I don't know much about him but that and his behaviour after the final whistle and that cringey interview on Sky doesn't paint him as a likeable person at all.

That said Kean seemed a bit lost when he came on and had to be given instructions by Richarlison for example.

Josep Dowling

Came in here to post about Big Dunc. He’s loving the limelight at the moment.

Hugging ball boys, running down the touchline, wearing an Everton sweatband, taking off his jacket when it’s pissing down with rain. And then he substitutes a substitute and doesn’t even acknowledge the player when he comes off. That is appalling management. I can’t see Kean being at Everton for very long now.

Kag

Ferguson throwing down the gauntlet for the job there.

Look at me, I take no shit...

It’s straight out of the Tim Sherwood school of management. Long term, it doesn’t work.

Ferguson’s entire image is forced. He runs around like a man who has been asked to play the role of Duncan Ferguson.

Fergies Gum

Duncan Ferguson was a bit before my time so I don't know much about him but that and his behaviour after the final whistle and that cringey interview on Sky doesn't paint him as a likeable person at all.

That said Kean seemed a bit lost when he came on and had to be given instructions by Richarlison for example.
He's always been a bit of a douche.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
If the player isn't following instructions then you yell at him for not doing so, you don't immediately sub him off. You honestly think Kean got in and purposely ignored the new manager? Duncan Ferguson being an asshole is such a more likely scenario.

Hoof the ball

Supposin' it's true that Ferguson subbed him off to waste time, it's wholly unwise to sub off a recently subbed-on substitute who has very little game time already. Any shred of self-confidence has to be dented. It's not a very harmonious move.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
He didn’t ignore instructions, I don’t get why you keep repeating that line. He came on and did fine.
I said if he did. Neither you or I know if he did or not. That's only something Ferguson and Kean will know together. But at the moment before jumping the gun I'm putting all possibilities on the table - time-wasting/shite management = Fergusons fault and ignoring instructions = Keans fault. It doesn't put us in a great place morale wise whichever it is and also why Ferguson is just a part time choice for me than long term but at this point we have a Ferguson interview straight after the game where he will be keen to sweep it under the carpet and then over the next few days we will know what the real story is.

He was also gassed after 10 or so minutes. That's what I'm referring to when jogging.

Walters_19_MuFc

He's lying about the wasting time bit, surely. You just wouldn't do that to a player. A young player at that! His confident will be completely shot down now. Poor management, in my opinion.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I said if he did. Neither you or I know if he did or not. That's only something Ferguson and Kean will know together. But at the moment before jumping the gun I'm putting all possibilities on the table - time-wasting/shite management = Fergusons fault and ignoring instructions = Keans fault. It doesn't put us in a great place morale wise whichever it is and also why Ferguson is just a part time choice for me than long term but at this point we have a Ferguson interview straight after the game where he will be keen to sweep it under the carpet and then over the next few days we will know what the real story is.

He was also gassed after 10 or so minutes. That's what I'm referring to when jogging.
Perfectly normal to jog for a bit after a full sprint

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
If the player isn't following instructions then you yell at him for not doing so, you don't immediately sub him off. You honestly think Kean got in and purposely ignored the new manager? Duncan Ferguson being an asshole is such a more likely scenario.
I honestly have no idea if he did or not but he's purposely ignored club policy in the past which is why Silva didn't play him for a bit in regards to meetings etc. There are many scenarios which are possible which is why I'm keeping my mind open and not pushing blame onto either of them yet and saying in either scenario one of them would come across poorly. I've said multiple times Ferguson is an arsehole if it was just wasting time but if it's something else to do with Kean then as I said, I have less sympathy.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
The 2 things are not related, are they. Just sub another player if you really think it's necessary. That's Kean gone. Already fragile, looked totally up for it coming on, high profile match, screened around the world including Italy of course, then big Dunc humiliates him. For what?? An absolute shocker. Wrong on every level.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Ferguson giving Moyes the chance just to feck with him a bit, seems familiar.

That coach is a dick, doing it for the cheap win with his fans. Feel sorry for Kean as he did nothing wrong, needs to go to a club that knows how to nurture young talent.

Classical Mechanic

First footballer to be jailed for an on-field assault. Also famous for tackling two burglars at his house and putting one in hospital. As you can probably guess, he was a total shithouse on the pitch, a violent target man that loved to intimidate his opponents.