Moises Caicedo | Chelsea agree £115M fee | signed for Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAFMUTD

If we can agree that the majority of the young signings we've made have been bought with the intention of selling on for a profit then the same principles still apply. Using Angelo as an example, the 18 year old winger we've signed for £15m. If our intention is to send him out on a number of loans and eventually sell for more money, tying him down to a longer contract could be more beneficial than your standard 5 year deal. By the time they become more refined as a player the club will still be in a greater position of power should they try to move him on, or bring him back to the first team.

Obviously it could go the other way and they could stagnate and not improve at all, but I guess the people we've hired to find these young players are backing themselves to be correct. We've made a number of buys around the same price so it could be a case of even if 3 fail we only need 1 to work to balance it out.

The Real Madrid scenario was only for your Enzo & Caicedo types who I'm pretty sure, barring injury, will be great players.
So those youngsters are planed to be loaned for 4-5 seasons straight? I think you don't need that many loans to realize if a player is good or not.

Enzo and Caicedo seem the real deal I think you just got yourselves settled in midfield for the next 10 years. Of course anything can happen and we've seen multiple 100M+ players fail spectacularly so as you say Chelsea are betting on themselves to be right. Only time will tell if this was a genious move or a total feck up.

Chief123

Someone’s finally told Spit master that his name is “Kay-seedo” and not “Sigh-seedo”. :lol:

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I'm sure they'll delay it just long enough for Chelsea to get another cheeky signing in, unless another club try to do the same of course.

Since we're on the subject of huge transfers; it's gross as feck. Ultimately all we're doing is watching companies that are making more and more money every year pass it around whilst us cretins are expected to get giddy over it. At least during the January window we can jump around in excitement as we see the Spending total increase, which will save us from having to put the heating on.

acnumber9

Chelsea have gone full Ed Woodward. Never go full Ed Woodward. They must be on insane wages to get these players to sign for them at all costs.

Lecland07

It's only £15m more to sell to Chelsea rather than Bayern though. I don't think they would sell to a rival for an extra £15m.
Kane may have chosen Chelsea, but the choice was never there. They would have sold if he wanted to go to Chelsea. If he stuck to it, Tottenham would have had no choice.

TheLord

Kane may have chosen Chelsea, but the choice was never there. They would have sold if he wanted to go to Chelsea. If he stuck to it, Tottenham would have had no choice.
Kane was never an option, at least in this transfer window when Boehly is handing out 8-year-long contracts. And, particularly so when he already has two young, (potentially) quality strikers.

Boehly is looking at the long-term amortisation of players with the aim of recouping huge sums if they are sold later. A 30-year-old Kane doesn't fit that picture.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman

One of the best reveal video I have seen. Chelsea and Pochettino are building my dream team. They just need to get the attack right. I see them winning the Champions League in a few seasons if they continue following this path

Eddy_JukeZ

One of the best reveal video I have seen. Chelsea and Pochettino are building my dream team. They just need to get the attack right. I see them winning the Champions League in a few seasons if they continue following this path
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
He’s a monster, and I’m gutted Chelsea have him. Although, more gutted if he went Liverpool.

I believe Chelsea will make top 4 now. I rate him that highly.

SirScholes

Suppose if you drop nearly 1 billion and take the piss out of ffp
Same old chelsea

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
He’s a monster, and I’m gutted Chelsea have him. Although, more gutted if he went Liverpool.

I believe Chelsea will make top 4 now. I rate him that highly.
We are going for league title. Don't underestimate us. :drool: .

Real Name

Ladies and gentlemen, a supposed Manchester United fan post.

Cloud7

Shocking how many of these transfers really paid off
The vast majority of massive transfers won't work out because it's very difficult to actually prove your value for the cost. The sort of performance you should at least expect as a baseline for that sort of fee is what Bale produced at Madrid. When he was fit he had loads of good games, many iconic moments (Scoring to win them their 10th CL, the overhead kick, the game against Barca where he roasted Bartra and scored etc.) It seems now that >100 million is the going rate for any promising, above average player.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
They have an excellent core of player now.

The midfield looks impressive with him Nkunku and Enzo.

Think they need to sort out the striker issue (if Jackson is not the answer) and potentially a top CB and I really see them compete in a year or two.

To me, without Europe, they will definetly be in the top 4.

120M+ for Caicedo is insane, but the fee doesn't represent the quality of the player, but I am pretty sure that he will developp massively there.

Rnd898

Supports
Chelsea
That's only half information. Chelsea also signed players last season and before that. The amortized contracts from 2022, 2021, 2020 and before that will be added too.
There's barely any pre-2022 amortised contracts left though. At this point it's literally just Lukaku, Ziyech, Chilwell and Kepa, everyone else brought in for amortised fees under the Abramovich ownership have already gone. And we're doing everything we can to shift on Lukaku and Ziyech while Kepa already left on loan and whatever loan fee we get from RM will cover some of his amortisation for the season and it probably won't be too difficult to shift him on next year with just 12 months left on his deal. Also Chilwell's annual amortisation figure was cut in half following his contract extension earlier this year.

Saw a pretty good summary last night of the total amortisation costs for our current squad and it was somewhere around £165M/y and that's still including the aforementioned duo Lukaku/Ziyech whom we're still trying to sell. That figure includes all the youth signings too who'll have little to no role in the first team at this point, and also includes all the signings we've made this summer amortised over a 5 year period according to the revised UEFA rules instead of the contract length they actually signed for.

Right now it looks like we'll still make at least a couple of signings towards the end of the window but shiftin on Lukaku and/or Ziyech could balance that out for amortisation purposes.

To put the figure into context, the club's amortisation costs for years 2018-2022 have been around the same £160-165M region all along, according to the club's official financial statements, so despite the outrageous spending our squad's overall amortisation costs haven't increased at all, thanks to a pretty comprehensive clearing out of most Abramovich-era players as well as the 2022/23 signings amortised over 7-8 year contracts prior to the rule change.

As for the salaries, who knows really. The company line seems to be that the overall salary bill has decreased and new players have been signed on deals with lower base salaries and more performance-related incentives but we'll see how that materializes in reality when the financial results for the current season (23/24) are ever released, which will take more than a year to happen. The 22/23 season results will be released in the next months but that's probably not going to be a good benchmark for anything because for starters the first team squad size was much, much bigger and we also still had many pre-2022 high paid contracts in the squad (Kante, Havertz, Pulisic, Azpi, Jorginho etc.) who are now gone and have been replaced with new players. And also the likes of Koulibaly and Auba were quickly deemed mistakes and won't burden our salary bill any more unlike last season.

Overall I'd say I'm not too worried about FFP issues as long as we can keep the revenues at similar levels as the 21/22 season (so around £490M or more) but that will be dependent on us being in the Champions League. Now if we're to miss out on the CL this season too then that obviously changes things.

Status
Not open for further replies.