Moises Caicedo | Chelsea agree £115M fee | signed for Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I like how Brighton have handled this situation

cyberman

And that's the only amount he will leave Benfica for. Caicedo is clearly worth more than 60m to Brighton.
I dont think he is, they just don’t want to sell him? It’s not as if Brighton are setting a huge price, they aren’t setting any price.
If it wasn’t January 28th we’d probably see him being sold imo. It’s such bad planning by Chelsea and Arsenal that needs to be called out. Brighton are 100 percent in the right here

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Brighton furious!? :lol:

They have gotten £90m just from Trossard & Cucurella alone, two average players...

Did your club expect to win 3 league titles or a CL or what are they "furious" about?

These absurd fees they are getting from these players will secure the clubs economical standings for years to come if not decade. If they now get £70m for Caicedo that's £160m for 3 players!!

Most clubs of that size would dream to be in Bringhton position with all the financial & economical issues these days.
How dare they are furious. They should know their place . So disgusting that they can't even sell a player at a reduced price in January. Shit club !

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
It shouldn’t matter though mate. That’s for the police and CPS to look at, not Arsenal to make any sort of decision on. The fact is he’s on bail for extremely serious offences. He should be suspended until the authorities have investigated it throughly as you’d expect with most employers, let alone such a high profile public facing one.

I really don’t like the pandering excuses made by some Arsenal fans on this (I’m not saying you but in general I see it here). It’s not about football rivalry it’s about doing the right thing and I suspect if he wasn’t as important to you as he is then the club would have taken a much different stance. That’s very sad.

Ultimately you could end up with a convicted sex offender winning the Premier League, heavily contributing and getting a medal. Tell me whats right about that.
I don't want to derail the thread any further so I'll spoiler my reply:

United's player = player one
Arsenal's player = player two

I'm not familiar with the Everton players' story so I won't comment on that.

In short, I don't really agree, I believe that the context does matter.

There is a large difference between what had to happen with player one and player two.

As I pointed out there was visible evidence that the offending had occurred. There are also the recordings. United didn't have any choice but to stand him down based on the images and recordings.

He was subsequently charged too.

In player two's case it's his word vs her word.

There is no solid evidence, there is only her messages to him and a friend following the alleged incident (where he did not admit to anything). Unfortunately even if it did definitely occur those messages are not enough to initiate charges.

Make no mistake - I'm not defending player two in any way and I was vocal in wanting him out of the club once I had read her messages. I am also commenting only on the incident that was reported in June 2022.

I understand the UK system is different to the Australian one however, so I believed that if someone was on bail then they had already been charged with the relevant offence(s). However it seems that charges don't have to be issued and served in order to be put on bail over there in the UK. This seems to be what had happened in this case.

If he was charged then I would have expected the club to do the right thing and stand him down until the matter was resolved in Court.

But I am against having a player stood down if no Criminal Charges have been issued, even if there is still an investigation going on in the background.

I may be missing something here with the UK Judicial process so I am open to being enlightened.

Judas

Open to offers
Doing this in January when you know all the same clubs will be back in for you in the summer is pure rotten behaviour, no justifying it.

Glad we wont be signing him.
This is my feeling too. Just seems so unnecessary to push now in this window when Brighton have done so much to give him a platform, albeit only briefly. Easily could have waited for the summer, he’d have even more options then too.

I would have happily signed him though!

redcucumber

I dont think he is, they just don’t want to sell him? It’s not as if Brighton are setting a huge price, they aren’t setting any price.
If it wasn’t January 28th we’d probably see him being sold imo. It’s such bad planning by Chelsea and Arsenal that needs to be called out. Brighton are 100 percent in the right here
He's worth whatever Brighton deem him to be worth at the time of negotiation. If Arsenal and/or Chelsea offered £80m, maybe they'd deem that representative of what he is worth to them at that time and be happy to accept the offer.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
They should have an agreement with him that they won’t stand in his way for a summer move if he stays and puts full effort in now

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
For me it's not fair value considering they would have three days to replace him, similar to us with Antony in my opinion.
Yeah, I'm talking about fair value for the player which is totally divorced from the timing of the bid. When you consider the timing I don't think Brighton are out of line digging their heels in.
Not that I blame Arsenal either, a title challenge is a once in a decade opportunity and if Arteta has decided that its Caicedo that'll helps us get over the line then Godspeed to him.

Last edited:

mav_9me

We already know that players look better in Brightons system than they actually are. Just think that there's a ceiling that Arsenal will go for, much like Mudryk, after which we will walk away and chase a more attainable option. 60m is actually fair value for him, only problem is that it doesn't give Brighton time to buy a replacement.
Unfortunately that doesn't really matter for you or Brighton.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Defensive midfielders are easier to find and rarely command the fees that attackers do. Bissouma went for 30m. 60m for Caicedo is pretty much like 100m for Mudryk.
Top DM's are a very rare breed. Especially ones that play the way Arteta seems to prefer his to play - they aren't just needed to shield the defence, but they must be able to absorb pressure, beat a man by dribbling, and be able to pass the ball forward.

There are very few DM's that can play this way to the level that Partey has been.

This is why I think Caicedo would be a better fit than Rice, as he's better on the ball from what I have seen.

cyberman

He's worth whatever Brighton deem him to be worth at the time of negotiation. If Arsenal and/or Chelsea offered £80m, maybe they'd deem that representative of what he is worth to them at that time and be happy to accept the offer.
But that’s what I’m saying, there is no negotiation. We don’t actually know what Brighton value him at even now

Irrational.

So he misses the game vs Liverpool. They have a knack of having the opponents’ best players missing for their games. Lucky twats.

Smores

I do hope Brighton hold firm for a huge fee here but not sure I can blame the player, he has a very good chance of picking up a premier league medal if he forces the move to Arsenal.

redcucumber

But that’s what I’m saying, there is no negotiation. We don’t actually know what Brighton value him at even now
Yeh I get you. They obviously value him at more than 60m, just like Ajax valued Antony to be worth 85m (it might not be in line with buying club's estimations, but that's irrelevant).

phelans shorts

They should have an agreement with him that they won’t stand in his way for a summer move if he stays and puts full effort in now
He pissed away the chance of that taking to Instagram. The funny part is I don’t see there being a chance he leaves to Arsenal this month.

Chelsea might throw enough money at Brighton for it to happen, mind. But I think that’s unlikely too.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Someone is reporting that €90.00m is the fee they're looking for. Huge sum.

TsuWave

Caicedo
Alvarez
Enzo

we could have had em all for less than…

my heart is aching

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
Top DM's are a very rare breed. Especially ones that play the way Arteta seems to prefer his to play - they aren't just needed to shield the defence, but they must be able to absorb pressure, beat a man by dribbling, and be able to pass the ball forward.

There are very few DM's that can play this way to the level that Partey has been.

This is why I think Caicedo would be a better fit than Rice, as he's better on the ball from what I have seen.
If thats the case, we'll should wait for the summer and get a stop gap now. It'd been great if Madrid loaned us Camavinga for 6 months.

hobbers

Based on what the manager and Caicedo both said previously that's exactly what they promised him.

But not good enough for him, cant even give 1 full season to the club who invested in his potential and brought him to the Prem.

Judas

Open to offers
Caicedo
Alvarez
Enzo

we could have had em all for less than…

my heart is aching
But we didn’t. It’s done. Honestly this place really needs to get better at letting things go. We’re improving, so many reasons to be cheerful, yet so many just want to concentrate on mistakes or issues of the past. It’s exhausting.

NotThatSoph

This is my feeling too. Just seems so unnecessary to push now in this window when Brighton have done so much to give him a platform, albeit only briefly. Easily could have waited for the summer, he’d have even more options then too.

I would have happily signed him though!
Chelsea tried for Enzo first, but failed because of January. If they get Caicedo now they won't go for Enzo in the summer, so Benfica waiting has meant that he lost that option.

There's also a question if Chelsea can even spend anything next season because of FFP, so it might be now or never. Arsenal can spend, but they might go for someone else.

Judas

Open to offers
Chelsea tried for Enzo first, but failed because of January. If they get Caicedo now they won't go for Enzo in the summer, so Benfica waiting has meant that he lost that option.

There's also a question if Chelsea can even spend anything next season because of FFP, so it might be now or never. Arsenal can spend, but they might go for someone else.
Us, Liverpool, City, etc. could all be interested in the summer though.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Anyone have the reason we didn't just sign this guy for 5 million and loan him somewhere?

Now he's worth 55 and is a very good PL center mid and we could have had a player for the next 10 years.
Because our scouting and recruitment is a joke.

croadyman

But we didn’t. It’s done. Honestly this place really needs to get better at letting things go. We’re improving, so many reasons to be cheerful, yet so many just want to concentrate on mistakes or issues of the past. It’s exhausting.
Bloody annoying when our scouts didn't see it though surely you can see that. Haaland was even more dumb because under Ole at Molde and tried telling us enough

NotThatSoph

Us, Liverpool, City, etc. could all be interested in the summer though.
We might not be able to spend either. Liverpool and City haven't been linked, as far as I know, and Liverpool are all in on Bellingham in competition with Real.

He has concrete interest right now, there are no sure things in football.

DutchSerb

Supports
FC Groningen
So I'm reading we're going to be involved in the bidding war? Is he really the CM we lack? Haven't watched a lot of Brighton to be honest. Still feel like we lack an amazing dribbler in midfield, is he that guy?

TsuWave

Did my post imply we’re not improving or that I’m not cheerful with the progress? How is any of that mutually exclusive with me lamenting us not getting quality players for cheap? Or that that’s “just” what I concentrate on? Moreover, do you imagine the exercise you engaged in with that post will be rejuvenating or something?

Move man. Stand on your own ten toes, you a man or a mouse? If reading a flippant remark on how we hardly take “risks” for clearly talented individuals in the transfer market gets you exhausted you might need a new routine. Post policing is crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.