Moises Caicedo | Chelsea agree £115M fee | signed for Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
"My dream is to play for Manchester United," Caicedo said last year, speaking to The Athletic. "Antonio Valencia is an example to follow.

"With his strength and dedication, he was able to get to that level. That motivates me to keep working hard and do the right things."

manutddjw

I could be wrong, but I thought we didn’t sign him because of third party ownership. It’s why rat bastard and mascherano went to west ham because the big clubs didn’t want to risk it despite their talent.

dinostar77

Dont mind if chelsea or arsenal sign him in this window. Hopefully that means less competition from one of them in the summer for enzo/rice/fdj/bellingham etc

dutchred

Given his price I think Onana at Everton represents better value. He has great potential

SAFMUTD

Anyone know why we didn’t buy him for 4.5m when now he’s out of our price range?
Apparently there were up to three different parts claiming they own him, or at least part of him, as well as multiple agents. At the end we decided he wasn't worth the fuss. Brighton managed to sign him because they had sign a player from Independiente del Valle before.

AFC NimbleThumb

Mismanagement as per under the whole hierarchy of that era but fans will claim it was too difficult for us to do something Brighton managed to do.

Borussia Teeth

It shouldn’t matter though mate. That’s for the police and CPS to look at, not Arsenal to make any sort of decision on. The fact is he’s on bail for extremely serious offences. He should be suspended until the authorities have investigated it throughly as you’d expect with most employers, let alone such a high profile public facing one.

I really don’t like the pandering excuses made by some Arsenal fans on this (I’m not saying you but in general I see it here). It’s not about football rivalry it’s about doing the right thing and I suspect if he wasn’t as important to you as he is then the club would have taken a much different stance. That’s very sad.

Ultimately you could end up with a convicted sex offender winning the Premier League, heavily contributing and getting a medal. Tell me whats right about that.
Which player are we talking about here?

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
It shouldn’t matter though mate. That’s for the police and CPS to look at, not Arsenal to make any sort of decision on. The fact is he’s on bail for extremely serious offences. He should be suspended until the authorities have investigated it throughly as you’d expect with most employers, let alone such a high profile public facing one.
Not speaking about the specific case.

However there is no right or wrong decision.

Clubs who suspend players with pay are not doing so from a moral high ground. They are doing so because they've determined that the benefit of using the player is not worth the public outcry and negative attention.

There are many examples in US sports of lesser profile players getting cut as soon as an arrest is publicized, while world class players are kept until much later in the process.

With regards to Arsenal, they've made the determination that giving into public opinion (which is fickle and has moved on, because that's what the public does) is not worth results on the pitch.

There is no moral high ground in deciding to suspend someone not yet found guilty of a criminal offense. And while every person is free to think what they want about what his fate should be, a private organization is free to do what they want with an employee under contract who is still innocent in the eyes of the law.

pascell

I really don’t like the pandering excuses made by some Arsenal fans on this (I’m not saying you but in general I see it here). It’s not about football rivalry it’s about doing the right thing and I suspect if he wasn’t as important to you as he is then the club would have taken a much different stance. That’s very sad.

Ultimately you could end up with a convicted sex offender winning the Premier League, heavily contributing and getting a medal. Tell me whats right about that.
Completely agree, Arsenal have handled it very, very poorly imo.
Which player are we talking about here?
What you call when people get together at someone's house, blast music and drink a lot.

DavyJones

Supports
Chelsea
I really don't mind losing this one to Arsenal. 90m is crazy money for a player who's profile is not that difficult to find. Enzo is the profile Chelsea needs in our midfield not Caicedo. We can just extend Kante or activate Zakaria's option if need be.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Apparently there were up to three different parts claiming they own him, or at least part of him, as well as multiple agents. At the end we decided he wasn't worth the fuss. Brighton managed to sign him because they had sign a player from Independiente del Valle before.
I know fella

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
"My dream is to play for Manchester United," Caicedo said last year, speaking to The Athletic. "Antonio Valencia is an example to follow.

"With his strength and dedication, he was able to get to that level. That motivates me to keep working hard and do the right things."
"My dream is to play for Barcelona" Caicedo said last year (probably).

“Back in my home country we love Barcelona so much we also have a club named Barcelona. It’s every boys dream”.

Semper Fudge

Adds nothing to the discussion
"My dream is to play for Barcelona" Caicedo said last year (probably).

“Back in my home country we love Barcelona so much we also have a club named Barcelona. It’s every boys dream”.
Two posts in a row about how a player doesn't want to join United. Give it a rest.

Amarsdd

He's a good player but people seem to be overhyping him a bit too much over here.

GoonerInPeace

Supports
Arsenal
If we pull this off it would be massive. It would fill the gaping hole that is exposed with no Xhaka or Partey, its probably the only position we are not well covered in.

Would also add another high-quality youngster to a team already bristled with top young talent.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
It wasn't Antonio Valencia who tipped us off about Caicedo. Valencia made comments once United's interest became known in South America, and Ecuador in particular regarding Caicedo. And he was then asked about the player and all he said was something along the lines of, he'd like to see a fellow Ecuadorian representing United and hoped the move came to fruition. That then turned into a headline that Valencia has recommended Caicedo to United.

We couldn't sign him because it was said that their was multiple agents involved in the deal. And Matt Judge who was the head of transfer negotiations at the time didn't proceed with the deal. But if your head of South American scouting is sold on the player and that is reciprocated by the head of global scouting, then you should pull out the stops and back your scouts.

Brighton did end up signing him and it was said that due to Brighton having had previous dealings with the club and agents in question, they managed to sign the player. And it's not a surprise that Brighton managed to sign the player because they cast their net far and wide and South America is a particular target for them. So a club who targets South American players, is always going to have a advantage due to the experience they will garner in the region. And South America in particular is a continent that is historically a hot-bed for some of the best talent in the world.

I was listening to a podcast where the discussion was centred around Real Madrid and their recruitment of young South American players. And it was said that Real Madrid have a advantage in that region because their head of scouting grew up in South America and over the years has built up relationships with agents, players and the family of those players in South America

And that scout is someone that goes by the name of Juni Calafat. And he's worked his way up at Real Madrid from the youth development side since 2013, and is currently their head of recruitment.

It was reported in April 2022, that John Murtough had replaced the out-going heads of scouting with a Argentine head scout by the name of Jose Mayorga. There isn't alot of information about Mayorga, but what we do know is that he's got a long history of being a scout in South America. And it'll be interesting to see what Mayorga will conjure up now that he's in a position of authority at the top of the scouting pyramid.

Last edited:

Red00012

It wasn't Antonio Valencia who tipped us off about Caicedo. Valencia made comments once United's interest became known in South America, and Ecuador in particular regarding Caicedo. And he was then asked about the player and all he said was something along the lines of, he'd like to see a fellow Ecuadorian representing United and hoped the move came to fruition. That then turned into a headline that Valencia has recommended Caicedo to United.

We couldn't sign him because it was said that their was multiple agents involved in the deal. And Matt Judge who was the head of transfer negotiations at the time didn't proceed with the deal. But if your head of South American scouting is sold on the player and that is reciprocated by the head of global scouting, then you should pull out the stops and back your scouts.

Brighton did end up signing him and it was said that due to Brighton having had previous dealings with the club and agents in question, they managed to sign the player. And it's not a surprise that Brighton managed to sign the player because they cast their net far and wide and South America is a particular target for them. So a club who targets South American players, is always going to have a advantage due to the experience they will garner in the region. And South America in particular is a continent that is historically a hot-bed for some of the best talent in the world.

I was listening to a podcast where the discussion was centred around Real Madrid and their recruitment of young South American players. And it was said that Real Madrid have a advantage in that region because their head of scouting grew up in South America and over the years has built up relationships with agents, players and the family of those players in South America

And that scout is someone that goes by the name of Juni Calafat. And he's worked his way up at Real Madrid from the youth development side since 2013, and is currently their head of recruitment.

It was reported in April 2022, that John Murtough had replaced the out-going heads of scouting with a Argentine head scout by the name of Jose Mayorga. There isn't alot of information about Mayorga, but what we do know is that he's got a long history of being a scout in South America. And it'll be interesting to see what Mayorga will conjure up now that he's in a position of authority at the top of the scouting pyramid.
Good post thanks for that

it should be threadmarked before the next 100 posters come in and ask why didn’t we sign him

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.

As much as we dislike Woodward, Matt Judge was equally incompetent and damaging to the club.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Definitely sounds like he is leaving.
There's not really a way back for him now, even if he didn't leave I don't think De Zerbi would pick him. I do wonder why it's so important for Caicedo to leave now and not just wait a few months. I suppose he could just want to qualify for a potential winners' medal with Arsenal.

arthurka

It's really strange to allow a player to leave with no chance to get players in instead.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
It's on Twitter so it must be true. That's the logic used on here at least.
It might very well be but I'm just not going to believe it unless someone tells me this guy is tier 1 or something.

Not like we should care because an incompetent feck named Matt Judge decided it was too much work to get this guy in for 5m whereas smaller clubs like Brighton with all their "experience" were able to. Makes me wanna puke.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Arsenal and Chelsea getting their spending in before the new FFP kicks in

From the same guy who brought us this scoop:

It's literally just some dude who has thought "Well, Romano seems to be making good money making shit up on twitter, why not me?" right down to using the stupid fecking catchphrase. :lol:

Exactly the same credibility as a random caf poster.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
he’s a good player but he’s not 70m good.

Status
Not open for further replies.