Moises Caicedo | Chelsea agree £115M fee | signed for Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Brighton will reinvest the Caicedo money by buying some unknown dude for £1.5M and turn him into the next £75m player.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
This January window is such a massive wasted opportunity for us to build on the progress being made. I get it’s to do with the sale but Jesus it’s frustrating.

CM

This January window is such a massive wasted opportunity for us to build on the progress being made. I get it’s to do with the sale but Jesus it’s frustrating.
Yeah. I'm not sure I buy the lack of funds excuse anymore - Arsenal's bid for Caicedo would take their spend on transfers beyond ours over the last 3 years. There's no way their spending power should outweigh ours even if we're paying out more on wages.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Yeah. I'm not sure I buy the lack of funds excuse anymore - Arsenal's bid for Caicedo would take their spend on transfers beyond ours over the last 3 years. There's no way their spending power should outweigh ours even if we're paying out more on wages.
The excuse is we are selling and the current owners have feck all reason to spunk more money.

CM

The excuse is we are selling and the current owners have feck all reason to spunk more money.
None of the money is coming from the owners' pockets though, and never has.

Supports
Chelsea
Have a feeling this will get done for £75-80m. Perhaps 75+5 in add ons.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
None of the money is coming from the owners' pockets though, and never has.
Yeah but who cares where it comes from? the Glazers are the decision makers. They see no value in spending cash reserves when they're likely only months away from selling.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Their wage bill was £170m less than us in the last set of accounts. We need to get that under control despite our bigger revenue.

AshRK

Yeah but who cares where it comes from? the Glazers are the decision makers. They see no value in spending cash reserves when they're likely only months away from selling.
I fear this stupidity may undo ETH's awesome work this season. All our top 4 rivals are spending this January. I hope this doesn't come back to bite us

BluesJr

I fear this stupidity may undo ETH's awesome work this season. All our top 4 rivals are spending this January. I hope this doesn't come back to bite us
The only way it’ll be ok is if we get ambitious owners and go for it in the summer window. If not, we’re struggling next season.

AshRK

The only way it’ll be ok is if we get ambitious owners and go for it in the summer window. If not, we’re struggling next season.
The issue is if we miss out on CL football we may again end up playing catch up. And end up overpaying for talents.

BluesJr

The issue is if we miss out on CL football we may again end up playing catch up. And end up overpaying for talents.
I feel pretty confident we’ll get top four this season. It’s looking really good right now.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Can see him signing a new contract after the window closes with a big release clause and a wage bump. Everybody wins but Arsenal

cyberman

When will English clubs realise that spending money inside the league is negative EV? Think of the talent they’d get abroad for less.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Can see him signing a new contract after the window closes with a big release clause and a wage bump. Everybody wins but Arsenal
Brighton will probably sell if those are the figures. The club is likely squeezing every penny they can put of a very keen bidder.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Not if they have said he isn't going to be sold in January. Which seems to be the case.
We’ll see as I said I hope Brighton can stand up for themselves here but why keep an incredibly unhappy player? I’d rather the money to invest in those that want to play.

Ole'sattheWheel

80 mil seems stupid for Brighton to turn down but they'll get that in summer if he goes to a prem team tbh. May aswell keep him

SAF is the GOAT

A 80m pounds for a guy that basically played 29 games in his first season in the PL is beyond madness

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Surely there's someone out there that can fit between ElNeny/Lokonga and Caicedo in terms of performances and value...

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
When will English clubs realise that spending money inside the league is negative EV? Think of the talent they’d get abroad for less.
Obsessed with "PL proven". Plus the money is there.

There's no reason why Caicedo could not have been obtained by a top PL club for pennies on the pound.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Obsessed with "PL proven". Plus the money is there.

There's no reason why Caicedo could not have been obtained by a top PL club for pennies on the pound.
How long does the average PL manager stay or keep their jobs these days?

Not very long usually, therefore they're going to want someone proven to be capable of playing in the PL to a standard that won't get them sacked

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
How long does the average PL manager stay or keep their jobs these days?

Not very long usually, therefore they're going to want someone proven to be capable of playing in the PL to a standard that won't get them sacked
Which is why managers should not be too involved in talent acquisition. A DoF would be better placed to identify hidden gems and ease them into the first team.

But valid point.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Arsenal should ignore this and go get Sander Berge out of the Championship instead

Status
Not open for further replies.