Moises Caicedo | Signs for Brighton

Status
Not open for further replies.

lysglimt

Scout
He was RB a few times between Parker and Neville (when May wasn't). Not a lot and not for the "first few seasons".

Edit. Thinking about it for a second, I think Irwin played some of the games at RB when Parker was injured too. With Sharpe playing LB.
He was playing in most positions for Forest - central midfield, attacking midfield, central defender - and right-back at United - so I don't think it's wrong to say "a lot for the first few seasons"

Bondi77

He was RB a few times between Parker and Neville (when May wasn't). Not a lot and not for the "first few seasons".

Edit. Thinking about it for a second, I think Irwin played some of the games at RB when Parker was injured too. With Sharpe playing LB.
I think when Ince first came to Utd he also played a little bit at RB,
It may have been used by Fergie to bed the young players in

FromTheBench

Hope we wrap this up soon.

Even if he doesn't get a work permit we can loan him somewhere.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Sami Mokbel also reported earlier today that a deal for Caicedo was in the pipeline in his piece about our interest in Max Aarons.
We're in for Max Aarons? He was my preferred RB instead of AWB.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Sami Mokbel also reported earlier today that a deal for Caicedo was in the pipeline in his piece about our interest in Max Aarons.
Sami Mokbel knows Sweet FA, just the usual, reporting what’s already out there. Be sure if it fails it will be something along the lines of,”
Utd end interest due to ..”

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Off topic I know but are you 100% sure of this. I’m a Keane fanatic and don’t remember him ever playing RB.
I remember him at RB when we beat Oldham 4-1 at Maine Road in the FA Cup semi-final replay in 1994. He should have been sent off, but apart from that he was great.

He only ever really got put there in extreme emergencies 93-95.

(edit): Keane vs Neil Pointon:

(edit): just checked the line-ups for that match and Parker started at RB. So never mind.

Last edited:

Rajma

Should be trying to seal the deal as soon as possible, will probably be starting games early Feb with the way Scott and Matic are playing.

OrcaFat

I know nothing about this guy but our midfield looks short of top quality with Fred and McT both starting. They both do a job when in form and I like Fred as he really gets about but they lack that quality we need to snuff teams out. I mean, we looked pretty ragged in there, at times, tonight.

Okey

If only this lad could somehow skip the usual bedding in period and hits his top level right away, could transform our season. A competent CDM is sorely needed. That and a RW and we're on course. Bad as our defence can be, I put that below the above 2 as urgent needs.

croadyman

If only this lad could somehow skip the usual bedding in period and hits his top level right away, could transform our season. A competent CDM is sorely needed. That and a RW and we're on course. Bad as our defence can be, I put that below the above 2 as urgent needs.
Yeah I liked the look of him in that game for Ecuador v Argentina and watching a full match helps to give you a better idea of the kind of player that he is and what he could offer to this team if we can get it done

red thru&thru

Thought we would have heard more about this now January is upon us. If it is red tape delaying the transfer, fair enough, however, these next few cup games approaching would have been ideal for such a signing.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Yeah I liked the look of him in that game for Ecuador v Argentina and watching a full match helps to give you a better idea of the kind of player that he is and what he could offer to this team if we can get it done
That’s all I’ve seen of him aside from YouTube clips and judging by that game he could be massively useful. He’s young but already looked very good.

Pavl3n

Are you going to keep derailing the thread with the RB discussions ?

Anyone read any updates on the kid? I have a feeling that he's our new pick since Bellingham snubbed us.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Thought we would have heard more about this now January is upon us. If it is red tape delaying the transfer, fair enough, however, these next few cup games approaching would have been ideal for such a signing.

If I have to take a guess, what delaying this transfer is probably Ed is still on his new year holiday and everyone are waiting until he comes back to signs the paper deal. We can't use fake signature after all.

MileStolar

We're getting blue balled here aren't we? Comes out of nowhere gets our attention, looks like incredible prospect and then when we're all giddy it looks like nothing will happen...

Dante

Average bang

If I have to take a guess, what delaying this transfer is probably Ed is still on his new year holiday and everyone are waiting until he comes back to signs the paper deal. We can't use fake signature after all.
I very much doubt that Romano has close links to either Norwich or Ecuador. There are a finite number of relationships a journalist can nurture during his professional career, and obscure ones like these don't make sense for someone who's based in Italy and who focuses on major football clubs.

This tweet reads like he's aggregating news from primary sources like Castillo and Mokbel. There's no new information here because there's no new information from the reporters he's knocking off but failing to credit.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I very much doubt that Romano has close links to either Norwich or Ecuador. There are a finite number of relationships a journalist can nurture during his professional career, and obscure ones like these don't make sense for someone who's based in Italy and who focuses on major football clubs.

This tweet reads like he's aggregating news from primary sources like Castillo and Mokbel. There's no new information here because there's no new information from the reporters he's echoing but failing to credit.
Doesn't really matter whether it's Romano or Castillo because both have said the similar things. One said personal and club terms are agreed while the other one said 90% done (without much detail what's the 90% done) only legal part (10%) are needed to be solved which not sure what's that legal part and why it takes 3 weeks for process. What we want to know is what we are waiting for here. The joke probably Ed is on new year holiday and will be back in two weeks from now to officially put his signature on the papers.

Dante

Average bang
Doesn't really matter whether it's Romano or Castillo because both have said the similar things. One said personal and club terms are agreed while the other one said 90% done (without much detail what's the 90% done) only legal part (10%) are needed to be solved which not sure what's that legal part and why it takes 3 weeks for process. What we want to know is what we are waiting for here. The joke probably Ed is on new year holiday and will be back in two weeks from now to officially put his signature on the papers.
If I said it was 95% done, that wouldn't suddenly make me an authority on the subject. I'd just be slightly rewording what Castillo said first, then passing it off as my own work. That's likely what Romano is doing here.

The 95% that I'm making up includes approval from the player's father and assurances from United's legal team that a work permit is almost certain to be granted.

Somebody put me in tier 1 alongside Fabrizio Romano.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
If I said it was 95% done, that wouldn't suddenly make me an authority on the subject. I'd just be slightly rewording what Castillo said first, then passing it off as my own work. That's likely what Romano is doing here.

The 95% that I'm making up includes approval from the player's father and assurances from United's legal team that a work permit is almost certain to be granted.

Somebody put me in tier 1 alongside Fabrizio Romano.
But why do we care about that? If Romano is copying paste information from top tier journalist in Ecuador like Castillo, why do we care? This is not Romano's thread, this is Caicedo's thread so what matters here is a better translation of information so we can understand more where we are in this deal and what is this 10% issue that we haven't solved and why it takes another 3 weeks.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
The remaining 10% is $$.

In most agreements or negotiations, the easiest bits are done first. So the last 10% can be the most difficult.

Who knows, the agent may have done a switch and bait especially when involving one of the richest clubs in the world. Offering at £4.5M at the start and later start to add bits onto the actual price like 3rd Party costs, agent fees etc -- and before you know it, its £15M.

Dante

Average bang
But why do we care about that? If Romano is copying paste information from top tier journalist in Ecuador like Castillo, why do we care? This is not Romano's thread, this is Caicedo's thread so what matters here is a better translation of information so we can understand more where we are in this deal and what is this 10% issue that we haven't solved and why it takes another 3 weeks.
For the same reason we don't post Indykaila tweets. They don't add any value to the thread.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
The remaining 10% is $$.

In most agreements or negotiations, the easiest bits are done first. So the last 10% can be the most difficult.

Who knows, the agent may have done a switch and bait especially when involving one of the richest clubs in the world. Offering at £4.5M at the start and later start to add bits onto the actual price like 3rd Party costs, agent fees etc -- and before you know it, its £15M.
But the information says wait 15-20 days. I'm not sure why do we need to wait for 3 weeks to make the decision. It's like we are waiting for a certain confirmation from official.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
For the same reason we don't post Indykaila tweets. They don't add any value to the thread.
It adds something because we don't know what is the 90% parts done and if we combine both information, the 90% done seems to be the club's & player's term.

If you don't like it then you can talk to mod and set rule to ban tweet from Romano then, once the mod set the rule and ban Romano and delete it from ''Red Cafe Transfer Tweet'' (which what I copied paste) then I ain't post it anymore.

Dante

Average bang
It adds something because we don't know what is the 90% parts done and if we combine both information, the 90% done seems to be the club's & player's term.

If you don't like it then you can talk to mod and set rule to ban tweet from Romano then, once the mod set the rule and ban Romano and delete it from ''Red Cafe Transfer Tweet'' (which what I copied paste) then I ain't post it anymore.
If I don't like it, I can discuss the quality of the tweet. Which is what I'm doing.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He liked this picture of Ole and Bailly which was taken in the minutes after the full-time whistle against Villa. I think it's him..

And this was the last update by the Ecuadorian journo, Castillo..

So if he's correct then the player is spending time with his family after the Ecuadorian season came to a conclusion in December. So it seems he's on his holidays after a long season which began in February.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
If I don't like it, I can discuss the quality of the tweet. Which is what I'm doing.
Again, that's your personal opinion about Romano which irrelevant to Caicedo's transfer so I don't want to talk about something irrelevant here. As long as it's related to Caicedo's transfer, people have right to post it unless if the source is banned from Red Cafe or the information is a lie.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
He liked this picture of Ole and Bailly which was taken in the minutes after the full-time whistle against Villa. I think it's him..

And this was the last update by the Ecuadorian journo, Castillo..

So if he's correct then the player is spending time with his family after the Ecuadorian season came to a conclusion in December. So it seems he's on his holidays after a long season which began in February.
What's the normal transfer hold ups and relocating mean?

FFS the brexit issue!!

Status
Not open for further replies.