Moises Caicedo | Chelsea agree £115M fee | signed for Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
How? Rice has the better range and wider range of passing as the stats have proven.
Rice has the ability to make good passes when given time and space, my big question over him (and where I think Caicedo beats him) is when he's under pressure can he make the quick sharp passes to break opposition pressing? We desperately need more players with that ability.

croadyman

Rice has the ability to make good passes when given time and space, my big question over him (and where I think Caicedo beats him) is when he's under pressure can he make the quick sharp passes to break opposition pressing? We desperately need more players with that ability.
Yeah that's a very fair point,personally either of him or Rice is a significant upgrade so would be happy to sign either of them

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Yeah if we could get him,Rabiot & Mount for around £130m that would be decent
That'd be great business, can't see our lot pulling it off. We'd have to sell Fred and Mctom as well. This transfer window is vital though.

Mr Smith

Would be my first choice midfield signing. He's the kind of player who can play with Casemiro now, and replace him later. There is a risk of getting fleeced, but he's cheaper than the likes of Rice, who I rate as well but is ludicrously overpriced.

dinostar77

Answer to that is yes, it suprised me. When i watched the tifo i R L video linked further up or on the previous page, that the stats back this all up. Hes one of the best in europe for progressive carries when turning defesnive into attack.

gajender

Macallister - Liverpool. Rice - Arsenal. Caicedo - Utd?
Written in the stars?
Mac Allister was the one who would have suited United's current needs the Most and while there is not much between Rice and Caicedo as CDM and ideally we should be targeting different profile as Casemiro's partner , Rice is still better suited for that role than Caicedo .

So if it's Just the one midfielder we bring in Summer then I would be bit disappointed if it's Caicedo from these three mentioned .

Last edited:

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Answer to that is yes, it suprised me. When i watched the tifo i R L video linked further up or on the previous page, that the stats back this all up. Hes one of the best in europe for progressive carries when turning defesnive into attack.
Carries yes, and it's something I do think we definitely need more of in the team as it is a weakness of ours. Being able to get past one or two players instantly opens up space in other areas as defenders have to react to the ball-carrier. But the ball moves faster through a pass than it does with a dribble, and that's where I do have some doubt about him. Or perhaps to be more exact, I have a doubt over a Rice-Casemiro combo. I think both of them should be playing next to someone who has the ability and vision to pass through the opposition lines and control the team and tempo of the match. Playing them together will have it's advantages which would be useful in some games (we'd certainly be much harder to play through), but throughout something like 2/3rds of the matches in the season I feel we'd be lacking a bit of ball-control compared to what we'd ideally want.

Mainoldo

If we get Rice I think he will go Arsenal. Which would be very interesting for next season.

Hackman2210

Mac Allister was the one who would have suited United's current needs the Most and while there is not much between Rice and Caicedo as CDM and ideally we should be targeting different profile as Casemiro's partner , Rice is still better suited for that role than Caicedo .

So if it's Just the one midfielder we bring in Summer then I would be bit disappointed if it's Caicedo from these three mentioned .
Yeah - it was disappointing the way he destroyed our midfield in the cup semi whilst playing RB. He is a machine - he’s better than rice, in fact he much better than Rice!

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Sign Caicedo and allow Casemiro to carry on with his goal scoring and playmaking.

That's one hell of a midfield added to Bruno.

dinostar77

Carries yes, and it's something I do think we definitely need more of in the team as it is a weakness of ours. Being able to get past one or two players instantly opens up space in other areas as defenders have to react to the ball-carrier. But the ball moves faster through a pass than it does with a dribble, and that's where I do have some doubt about him. Or perhaps to be more exact, I have a doubt over a Rice-Casemiro combo. I think both of them should be playing next to someone who has the ability and vision to pass through the opposition lines and control the team and tempo of the match. Playing them together will have it's advantages which would be useful in some games (we'd certainly be much harder to play through), but throughout something like 2/3rds of the matches in the season I feel we'd be lacking a bit of ball-control compared to what we'd ideally want.
I agree, neither rice or caiciedo are the 8 you want alongside casemiro, especially if you want to break the opposition down. You need a odengaard type player. Those are few and far between.

luke511

I agree, neither rice or caiciedo are the 8 you want alongside casemiro, especially if you want to break the opposition down. You need a odengaard type player. Those are few and far between.
With Bruno as a 10, we certainly need a Rice or Caicedo next to Casemiro in the tough games. They excel at the dirty work but are great passers of the ball too.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
I’ve said it before Caicedo is crap in comparison to Rice’s resplendence.

No one in their right mind should be spending money that glorified right back from Brighton.

Red Royal

I’ve said it before Caicedo is crap in comparison to Rice’s resplendence.

No one in their right mind should be spending money that glorified right back from Brighton.
Agreed, so crap if we offer Elanga in exchange you should bite our hands off

croadyman

With Bruno as a 10, we certainly need a Rice or Caicedo next to Casemiro in the tough games. They excel at the dirty work but are great passers of the ball too.
Yeah this point gets lost on many of our fans

SinNombre

Alexis Mac Allister and Moises Caicedo both have been incredible people, incredible players, I am really sorry for them if they will leave but they deserve to play in another level.

From Zerbi - Caicedo is gone and we need to be in for him.

Eplel

I think he should be our top choice for midfield besides Case.

For backup, I'd also go for Ndidi.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Arsenal bound I reckon. They pushed hard in January but couldn't get it over the line. Be surprised if they fail this time with CL money to throw at them.

He will be an amazing signing for them lot too regrettably.

The Irish Connection

Forget Mount and Rice. Get him if he is available
Yeah. Don’t understand the Mount rumours. He’s more of a 10 type and we have Bruno and Eriksen. Caicedo is all action, great engine, ball winner and good at playing through a press, which is really what we need.

Superunknown

Oh god, imagine both him and Mac Allister, plus Kane, plus a new keeper in one window. That would just be amazing. :drool:

UpWithRivers

Even Brighton don't play with 2 CDMs. Sure we will be defensively solid but Im struggling to see who will do the other parts of the misfields job. Like taking it off the back four and contributing to the attack etc. And no Casemiro's 4 goals and 3 assists doesn't make him a capable box to box midfielder. McAlister is the one picking it up off the back four and progressing the ball and contributing to the attack for Brighton is he not? Caicedo and Casemiro are similar CDMs. Action packed Kante types. Even Rice would bring something different although we would still be limited in other parts of the build up. If we were to play with two CDMs like no top team does then I would choose someone like Zubimendi. At least he has the passing and progression to compliment Casemiro. Maybe its just me but I dont get it. I get Mount or Even McAlister more than Rice and Caicedo.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Even Brighton don't play with 2 CDMs. Sure we will be defensively solid but Im struggling to see who will do the other parts of the misfields job. Like taking it off the back four and contributing to the attack etc. And no Casemiro's 4 goals and 3 assists doesn't make him a capable box to box midfielder. McAlister is the one picking it up off the back four and progressing the ball and contributing to the attack for Brighton is he not? Caicedo and Casemiro are similar CDMs. Action packed Kante types. Even Rice would bring something different although we would still be limited in other parts of the build up. If we were to play with two CDMs like no top team does then I would choose someone like Zubimendi. At least he has the passing and progression to compliment Casemiro. Maybe its just me but I dont get it. I get Mount or Even McAlister more than Rice and Caicedo.
Wow, I think the exact opposite. We don't need Mount or Mac Allister. Caicedo or Rice would be excellent for us... but expensive. Rabiot could make a lot of sense.

croadyman

Arsenal bound I reckon. They pushed hard in January but couldn't get it over the line. Be surprised if they fail this time with CL money to throw at them.

He will be an amazing signing for them lot too regrettably.
Yeah afraid you are right on this one

Status
Not open for further replies.