Moises Caicedo | Chelsea agree £115M fee | signed for Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Litch

Rather that than joining Arsenal
I think Rice goes to Arsenal and I dont see them spending that again on him. He signed a new deal so its gonna cost more than 60m which Brighton rejected in Jan anyway....

Litch

If we can't get him know, I would love this to happen and get him next summer, but Brighton probably will cash in this summer
Like said, he only just signed a new deal so its gonna cost more than the 60m which they rejected anyway in Jan. I think they'll want 80m and if he doesnt stay, could see him going to Liverpool....they can be particularly sneaky in how they do their transfer business....

JuriM

Like said, he only just signed a new deal so its gonna cost more than the 60m which they rejected anyway in Jan. I think they'll want 80m and if he doesnt stay, could see him going to Liverpool....they can be particularly sneaky in how they do their transfer business....
De Zerbi said post match that Caicedo & McAllister deserve to play in CL level and that's okay for Brighton to plan ahead without them.

poleglass red

That's about 40 million cheaper than reportedly West Ham want for Rice, I actually rate him higher than Rice.

Mainoldo

That's about 40 million cheaper than reportedly West Ham want for Rice, I actually rate him higher than Rice.
Well eitherway. Caciedo, Rice will be playing their trade at Arsenal, Manchester United or Chelsea next season.

Probably add Rabiot to that list too. If Rice ends up here I can see Arsenal doing that deal.

SteveCoppellFan

I think he would be a great addition to United, exactly the type of player we need.

No reason to think we could not get him if we were interested.

We need an rvn

He is a United fan so if Ten Hag gets backed and wants him im pretty sure he would choose us.
I think he’d be an amazing signing and playing alongside / rotating / learning from casi would be amazing for a year or two before casi can’t keep it up

BUT, he’s also come out and said his dream is to play for Real and was close to signing for Arsenal.

Basically he’s saying what any non-fan would say to appease the fans and get a transfer to a bigger club and earn more money - and nothing wrong with that at all. Only us caf members truly dream of playing for united

But as I said, would love to see him here there and would be our engine for the next 7-10 years potentially

UTAretro

Supports
Brighton
He is a United fan so if Ten Hag gets backed and wants him im pretty sure he would choose us.
He will go to the highest bidder, if that’s Manchester United that’s where he will go.

Woziak

Ok he’s unfortunately doesn’t qualify for homegrown and we will have huge issues with this so we must get smart, it’s could be that Chelsea(No CL), Arsenal(CL), United(CL) will all be going for D Rice and M Caciedo, I’d personally prefer Caciedo but not by much, both will cost £100m to get the deal down so 5 year contract amortised £20m plus wages of £10m so that’s the cost £30m per year on our books. Chelsea will need to sell M Mount, C Hudson odoi, R Lofthouse Cheek to be able to do big transfers

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
I think he’d be an amazing signing and playing alongside / rotating / learning from casi would be amazing for a year or two before casi can’t keep it up

BUT, he’s also come out and said his dream is to play for Real and was close to signing for Arsenal.

Basically he’s saying what any non-fan would say to appease the fans and get a transfer to a bigger club and earn more money - and nothing wrong with that at all. Only us caf members truly dream of playing for united

But as I said, would love to see him here there and would be our engine for the next 7-10 years potentially
I would presume a lot of players (and fans in general) largely support two teams - one of Real or Barca in Spain, and one of the big clubs in England. Caicedo seems to have the Man Utd / Real Madrid combo that honestly is probably the most common around the world. That certainly wouldn't stop him joining another top team if they were the better option (plenty of players end up playing for rivals of the club they were fans of), but I expect we'd have the advantage if everything else was equal.

AlexUTD

Well yeah he is a fan of both United and Real but if Real get Bellingham they are pretty stocked up with midfield talents. We still need more there.

He will go to the highest bidder, if that’s Manchester United that’s where he will go.
Well not always cause if they player wants ttto join a certain club he can block a move to the highest bidder.

Thanks Mr. Brighton CEO for letting us know of your plans.
Great with inside information straight from the source huh!?

We need an rvn

I would presume a lot of players (and fans in general) largely support two teams - one of Real or Barca in Spain, and one of the big clubs in England. Caicedo seems to have the Man Utd / Real Madrid combo that honestly is probably the most common around the world. That certainly wouldn't stop him joining another top team if they were the better option (plenty of players end up playing for rivals of the club they were fans of), but I expect we'd have the advantage if everything else was equal.
100% agree.

I live down south and the number of kids I coach who currently want to play for either city or Barca/real is ridiculous but totally expected of a 12 year old.

my dream living in Holland in the 80s and early 90’s was Milan / Utd and PSV.

kids have dreams and those dreams stay with them, but as a pro player your dreams don’t always come true and someone might offer you a deal
you can’t refuse or your dream club don’t want you.

but as you said, at the moment id like to think, with my red hat on, if we were in for him this summer over arsenal / Chelsea he’d be signing us. Barca and Real (as is on top of Bellingham) are stacked in that area (although Barca losing biscuits could throw a spanner in the work)

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Chelsea aren't getting him if they sign Ugarte. Makes zero sense.
It'll be Arsenal for Caicedo. My guesses for the midfielder roulette this summer:

Ugarte - Chelsea
Caicedo - Arsenal
Mount - United
Mac Allister - Liverpool
Rice - Bayern???
Lavia - City
Rabiot - United
RLC - Milan
Gundogan - Barcelona
Phillips - West Ham
McTominay - Newcastle
Maddison - Spurs
Tielemans - Juve
Fred - Fulham
Bellingham - Madrid
Ward Prowse - Brentford

Can probably include Donny in here too, though the injury might stop a move. Loads of midfielders moving, not so much other positions IMO.

Son

I honestly don’t think Rice is the player we need to play expansive football which is surely the aim so this guy has already proved to play in a controlling possession team.

Probably the smarter choice if you ask me despite Rice’s obvious shielding for the defence he’d just be a bench player as we can’t play him and Cas together.

NoLogo

Chelsea aren't getting him if they sign Ugarte. Makes zero sense.
I think by now that Boehly doesn't operate in that way. His modus seems to be to sign all the talented players he can get, let competition sort it out, and sell those who fall through. I think his rational is that with players sold in the end, he can balance the books for FFP if he gets this process done within a 3-year window, which is also probably the reason why he is going so fast and seemingly buy up everyone. So I wouldn't count on them not needing him being an argument here.

Brophs

The One and Only
Could end up being a bit like the Martinez/Antony situation, where Brighton selling MacAllister early in the window will drive Caicedo's price up.

luke511

It'll be Arsenal for Caicedo. My guesses for the midfielder roulette this summer:

Ugarte - Chelsea
Caicedo - Arsenal
Mount - United
Mac Allister - Liverpool
Rice - Bayern???
Lavia - City
Rabiot - United
RLC - Milan
Gundogan - Barcelona
Phillips - West Ham
McTominay - Newcastle
Maddison - Spurs
Tielemans - Juve
Fred - Fulham
Bellingham - Madrid
Ward Prowse - Brentford

Can probably include Donny in here too, though the injury might stop a move. Loads of midfielders moving, not so much other positions IMO.
Another spin please.

Abraxas

I think he's top class. At first I thought McAllister was the pick, but it seems more and more clear he's not. This guy is as good but significantly younger.

He's the sort I would have no problem blowing a lot of the budget on. You're getting a player on the verge of becoming top class, he really only needs a top club and to continue his performances to do that. He's still so young for a CM. You pay a lot but I think you get a lot, and it's not the riskiest profile ever. You can't really compare to Bissouma who was noted for no progressive passing range.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Could end up being a bit like the Martinez/Antony situation, where Brighton selling MacAllister early in the window will drive Caicedo's price up.
Think it's different as in January they told him he could leave, whereas Ajax didn't want to sell Antony so had a feck off price. Brighton are letting mac Allister and caicedo leave.

luke511

I think he's top class. At first I thought McAllister was the pick, but it seems more and more clear he's not. This guy is as good but significantly younger.

He's the sort I would have no problem blowing a lot of the budget on. You're getting a player on the verge of becoming top class, he really only needs a top club and to continue his performances to do that. He's still so young for a CM. You pay a lot but I think you get a lot, and it's not the riskiest profile ever. You can't really compare to Bissouma who was noted for no progressive passing range.
Agreed. We'd be foolish to spend the midfield budget on Mount over him given all the current factors. We need a long term Casemiro replacement and we also need a defensive partner for Casemiro with an all rounded skill set in the big games, he's a near perfect signing for us. Mount is not the answer, and if we're lining up Rabiot then there's an even less of a need for him.

croadyman

Agreed. We'd be foolish to spend the midfield budget on Mount over him given all the current factors. We need a long term Casemiro replacement and we also need a defensive partner for Casemiro with an all rounded skill set in the big games, he's a near perfect signing for us. Mount is not the answer, and if we're lining up Rabiot then there's an even less of a need for him.
Yeah this guy and Rabiot should be the two,however my fear is we aren't even in the race for him which is a joke and totally unfathomable

Last edited:

Tony247

We absolutely need Caicedo. Can't rely on Casemiro alone for the entire season. ETH just said we need two good players in each position. I totally agree.

MadMike

Yeah this guy and Rabiot should be the two,however my fear is we aren't even in the race for him which is a joke and totally unfathomable
If we're not it must be either due the price quoted by Brighton or because he's already had his head turned by another team (probably Arsenal since Jan). Not because we don't like him.

Our priority is obviously striker and then we want a CM and a GK based on what ETH said. Might even need a CB if Maguire leaves. We probably don't have enough money for all 3 or 4 if BHA are asking £80m for Caicedo and Arsenal are willing to pay it.

Status
Not open for further replies.