Moises Caicedo | Chelsea agree £115M fee | signed for Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
We’d be in big trouble if Cas was our only DM with two attack minded midfielders ahead of him! He wouldn’t have the legs to cope in the Premier League! A Caciedo type signing would make far more sense or sign a DLP and play Cas next to or slightly in front of him
Didn’t City play with similar system too? Rodri behind 2 no.8 who is attack minded.

ROFLUTION

How many people have watched him closely?

To me he doesnt strike me as special when I watch him, but I could have watched the wrong games/small sample size. Not very physical present in the games I’ve watched. No great passing range/variety in passing neither.

I’d be vary we dont just buy another cog in the Brighton machine who looks good because the machine and system looks good.

gajender

To me he doesnt strike me as special when I watch him, but I could have watched the wrong games/small sample size. Not very physical present in the games I’ve watched.

I’d be vary we dont just buy another cog in the Brighton machine who looks good because the machine looks good.
He is good but he isn't era defining or too good to miss kind of signing as some here like to portray him to be on this forum.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
If you can only sign one midfielder this summer it should be Caicedo with no questions asked. He's a genuine world class player and fits into the style of EtH.

Borys

Statistics Wizard

To me he doesnt strike me as special when I watch him, but I could have watched the wrong games/small sample size. Not very physical present in the games I’ve watched. No great passing range/variety in passing neither.

I’d be vary we dont just buy another cog in the Brighton machine who looks good because the machine and system looks good.
He has very good skills to be all-round b2b midfielder. Can cover a lot of positions. Good under pressure and decision making is impressive for his age.

Basically he has all the attributes to be an excellent midfielder and is ready to join our first XI. There's a chance he can even play backup Casemiro role, so I'd be perfectly fine splashing big money on him.

redcucumber

He is good but he isn't era defining or too good to miss kind of signing as some here like to portray him to be on this forum.
People see him as a potential Kante like situation. In that case, it's fair to say he is too good to miss.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
If you can only sign one midfielder this summer it should be Caicedo with no questions asked. He's a genuine world class player and fits into the style of EtH.
But Mason Mount!

I think Arsenal should really go all out and buy both Caicedo and Rice. With those two behind their front 4 - they're going to be set for many years.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
But Mason Mount!
:lol: Mount is a weird one and depends what the club does post Ten Hag. I think Caicedo will excel no matter what manager he is under. Mount I think fits the style of Ten Hag but if you sack him and bring in a different type of manage you'll then have the same problem as years gone by.

Hackman2210

Caicedo is top draw and at 21 too good to miss IMO. Cannot understand why we are not in for him big time!!

daba

I’ve been banging the Caicedo drum for a long time but I have a nagging feeling it’s not guna happen.

With Mainoo coming through, maybe we see Caicedo as a blocker to his development?

For me, Mount, Rabiot and Lavia would give us a good range of options and mix of ages in midfield.

redcucumber

And we'd be stupid to pay that, which it seems for once we are not.
Does it? One of the recent updates implied we are aiming to pay below £60m, which very much suggests we'll be paying at least in the region of £50m (especially given Chelsea's valuation appears to be around £70m as well as their being other interested parties in Liverpool and Arsenal).

Mainoldo

Can someone explain how Caicedo helps with ball progression from the defence.

Genuine question as he doesn’t seem that type of footballer and would explain the lack of interest.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus

Genuine question as he doesn’t seem that type of footballer and would explain the lack of interest.
He can pass well, he can carry the ball well, he can take players on. He's like a box to box Kante.

I've been onboard with this since he absolutely dominated us a year ago at Old Trafford, will be gutted if he goes elsewhere. Honestly, if Liverpool or Arsenal sign him then we will regret it massively. He'll almost single-handedly transform that Liverpool midfield back to previous levels.

Borys

Statistics Wizard

He can run with the ball, good under pressure and decent passer. IMO a better player than Rice and definitely better than Mount. He does not add so many goals though as he actually plays as midfielder.

I actually thought he was close to 30yo whenever I saw him, only learned recently he's so young.

I would be very surprised if we were not interested in him.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout

He warranted his hype towards the end of the season before Brighton started dicking around with his position. Was worth every bit of the praise and attention he was getting and it became very obvious that he is ready for a top club.

Would be delighted with him here.

Mainoldo

He can pass well, he can carry the ball well, he can take players on. He's like a box to box Kante.

I've been onboard with this since he absolutely dominated us a year ago at Old Trafford, will be gutted if he goes elsewhere. Honestly, if Liverpool or Arsenal sign him then we will regret it massively. He'll almost single-handedly transform that Liverpool midfield back to previous levels.
Do we need a Kante though? I thought we wanted a dictator in the middle…

Don’t take it wrong either as I’m all for this signing. I’m just noting how people prefer preference instead of suitability.

El-Manos

Very good defensively and a real presence in midfield. I don't think his style would suit us though per se?

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude

Don’t take it wrong either as I’m all for this signing. I’m just noting how people prefer preference instead of suitability.
Top class players dictate the system not the other way around. If eth gets Caicedo he will tinker the system to get the best out of the team. Really hope he doesn't go to a rival

Mainoldo

Top class players dictate the system not the other way around. If eth gets Caicedo he will tinker the system to get the best out of the team. Really hope he doesn't go to a rival
Elite players mate. I.e. Prime CR7, Messi, Neymar.

Let’s not get carried away with these players. They are a dime a dozen.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Him and Mount plus a forward and I'd fancy us.

In big games, Caicedo and Casemiro in a two, Mount at a #10 and Bruno at RW in the big games, would be very hard to break down!

luke511

How badly have we needed Fred’s engine and tackling ability in midfield against good opponents this season? He’s a more reliable Fred with better passing ability, and can cover for Casemiro too.

Idxomer

He is nothing special in those two aspects, he carries the ball less than Eriksen.

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

Some of the lads on here were convinced Bissouma was the second coming and he shat the bed at Spurs. I like Caicedo but if we lose out we lose out. There will be a better player for the managers style somewhere

luke511

Him and Mount plus a forward and I'd fancy us.

In big games, Caicedo and Casemiro in a two, Mount at a #10 and Bruno at RW in the big games, would be very hard to break down!
:( Does this ever work? I feel like it’s been a shit show every time it’s been tried. Would much rather keep Bruno in his natural position and have Amad on the right instead, saves the club £50-60 mil too..

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
:( Does this ever work? I feel like it’s been a shit show every time it’s been tried. Would much rather keep Bruno in his natural position and have Amad on the right instead, saves the club £50-60 mil too..
I'm talking when we are overmatched or protecting a lead.

pocco

loco

I agree, we need a De Bruyne. But I don't see that player anywhere right now, not of the level required. I really like Caicedo though and would have signed him over Casemiro. Fit that reason I still think he'd be a good signing and would be solid next to Casemiro.

Big Ray

I'm talking when we are overmatched or protecting a lead.
Still doesn’t work. We just look so unbalanced and it definitely has a negative impact on the team structure, just hate look of the team when that happens. Anyway, Antony is an excellent worker, more than capable of providing defensive cover himself and importantly, he retains that overall team balance.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Elite players mate. I.e. Prime CR7, Messi, Neymar.

Let’s not get carried away with these players. They are a dime a dozen.
Think about what you're saying. You'd turn down a possible Kante ( one of the best midfielders for ten years at the top of club and international football) because they're not Messi (goat), CR7 ( up there all time) , or Neymar( Brazils all time top scorer)

Kante like players or De Bryunes are not a dime a dozen and are very much elite players.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
I agree, we need a De Bruyne. But I don't see that player anywhere right now, not of the level required. I really like Caicedo though and would have signed him over Casemiro. Fit that reason I still think he'd be a good signing and would be solid next to Casemiro.
We can't get a De Bruyne type because we have Bruno. No way we can accommodate two players like that in a midfield.

pocco

loco
We can't get a De Bruyne type because we have Bruno. No way we can accommodate two players like that in a midfield.
De Bruyne sometimes plays deeper and is more of a dictator. I know Pep experiments a lot and often pushes him further forward, sometimes alongside the CF, but I'm talking in terms of ability to both pass and carry the ball, intelligence etc. That's the level of player we need in midfield if we want to compete. We lack brains and ability of the highest level, and until we sort that out we won't ever bridge that gap in my opinion. Not whilst De Bruyne, Pep etc are at City.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Bruno has had some very good games on the right, some average and some very poor. It's been a bit of a mixed bag so far. The fact we put him wide to play the likes of VDB, Wout or Sabitzer in the #10 role certainly doesn't help. If we were playing someone who was actually decent in that role (preferably better than decent) it might work more consistently.

luke511

Bruno has had some very good games on the right, some average and some very poor. It's been a bit of a mixed bag so far. The fact we put him wide to play the likes of VDB, Wout or Sabitzer in the #10 role certainly doesn't help. If we were playing someone who was actually decent in that role (preferably better than decent) it might work more consistently.
Fair point. With the amount of money invested in that position over the last few years it would be very typical of us to end up playing an out of position Bruno there over Antony, Amad and Sancho in the biggest games to accommodate Mount.

Mainoldo

Think about what you're saying. You'd turn down a possible Kante ( one of the best midfielders for ten years at the top of club and international football) because they're not Messi (goat), CR7 ( up there all time) , or Neymar( Brazils all time top scorer)

Kante like players or De Bryunes are not a dime a dozen and are very much elite players.
I’m saying for all the years Chelsea had Kante it made no difference to Man City, Liverpool, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich and Barcelona. There teams had players more than capable.

Asking me if there is another CR7 or Messi is a different question.

To pull it back to Caicedo whether we get him or not the difference won’t be as big as getting an elite football player which is why I don’t understand the issue with asking is he suited to what ETH is currently looking for.

We are quick to moan about square pegs in round holes. I’m asking the question.

Status
Not open for further replies.