Moises Caicedo | Chelsea agree £115M fee | signed for Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
De Bruyne sometimes plays deeper and is more of a dictator. I know Pep experiments a lot and often pushes him further forward, sometimes alongside the CF, but I'm talking in terms of ability to both pass and carry the ball, intelligence etc. That's the level of player we need in midfield if we want to compete. We lack brains and ability of the highest level, and until we sort that out we won't ever bridge that gap in my opinion. Not whilst De Bruyne, Pep etc are at City.

I’m saying for all the years Chelsea had Kante it made no difference to Man City, Liverpool, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich and Barcelona. There teams had players more than capable.

Asking me if there is another CR7 or Messi is a different question.

To pull it back to Caicedo whether we get him or not the difference won’t be as big as getting an elite football player which is why I don’t understand the issue with asking is he suited to what ETH is currently looking for.

We are quick to moan about square pegs in round holes. I’m asking the question.
Of course it made a difference. Chelsea beat those teams to big trophies in matches where Kante was a key contributor.

Back to Caicedo, i believe you are making the same point as pocco which is a fair one concerning the specific attributes we would ideally want in a midfield buy. While Caicedo is intelligent and a good passer and carrier of the ball, I think it's fair to say he's not at the highest level at those attributes.

My case for Caicedo is he is such a sure thing and at 21 years old at an age where he could prove to be incredible value especially when considering the opportunity cost of denying him to all our rivals who also have a hole in their midfield right now.

Ronaldinho's snakebite

Can someone explain how Caicedo helps with ball progression from the defence.

Genuine question as he doesn’t seem that type of footballer and would explain the lack of interest.
He has good pass, better than kante's, he drives with the ball, he dribbles, he defends, he runs, he covers a lot of ground, he has decent shot, basically he's all rounder. The reason why United is not in for him, I will never know.

dinostar77

He has good pass, better than kante's, he drives with the ball, he dribbles, he defends, he runs, he covers a lot of ground, he has decent shot, basically he's all rounder. The reason why United is not in for him, I will never know.
Because we have casemiro and he does the job caiceido would.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
There's not been a single credible link to us has there?

Idxomer

He's capable, this season he's played quite deep but last season he was breaking the lines carrying the ball. Even against us he was going past players and getting fouled quite a bit.
I don't see it frankly and last season was the same. His qualities are in his passing and defending but his ability to carry the ball and dribble is quite mediocre and that is backed by the stats.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I don't see it frankly and last season was the same. His qualities are in his passing and defending but his ability to carry the ball and dribble is quite mediocre and that is backed by the stats.
I've seen it, I think he's capable of carrying the ball and has shown good dribbling ability when I've watched him. He doesn't do it often, but I see a player that is probably just about to get even better and I wouldn't be surprised to see him show that side of his game more if he is allowed. He played much more advanced at times in his first season when Potter was in charge and they still had Bissouma. I think De Zerbi values his defensive ability more, hence him playing at right back at times.

Some examples here...

Last edited:

Mainoldo

Has been suggested Rabiot could fill in for Casa,so maybe that is the plan for that role. He then partners him in the big away games like Etihad and Anfield
Makes a lot of sense to me. We look a lot more solid in the middle and less overran.

croadyman

I know what the Brighton fans have said on it but we should have done whatever it took to sign him for a literal league 1 price

mshnsh

We can't get a De Bruyne type because we have Bruno. No way we can accommodate two players like that in a midfield.
Our first priority obviously is to get a midfield partner for Casemiro, a number 9, a right back and a right winger. But, IF a player clearly superior to any of our current players (De Bruyne > Bruno) becomes available especially in attack, we go for him. That will show we are serious and that no player can take his position for granted.

mshnsh

I’m saying for all the years Chelsea had Kante it made no difference to Man City, Liverpool, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich and Barcelona. There teams had players more than capable.

Asking me if there is another CR7 or Messi is a different question.

To pull it back to Caicedo whether we get him or not the difference won’t be as big as getting an elite football player which is why I don’t understand the issue with asking is he suited to what ETH is currently looking for.

We are quick to moan about square pegs in round holes. I’m asking the question.
Ask Real Madrid how much they suffered after letting go of Makelele despite all the superstars they had at the time.

The holding midfield position gives stability to a team and allows the superstars in attack to do their thing without worrying about what is going on behind. It's an absolutely crucial position.

Baxquux

I know what the Brighton fans have said on it but we should have done whatever it took to sign him for a literal league 1 price
There should be a centralized FIFA-affiliated Rep agency which all agents are required to register with professionally and players can only be registered in national leagues if they have one (and only one) official agent, whose details have to be publicly available -either that or a player can choose not to be represented at all and have needs taken care of by the club, but any deal conducted unofficially would see player banned and 'agent' tried in civil court. All 3rd party ownership banned point-blank with punitive fines/bans. That's the only way to avert those situations in the future, rather than needing clubs to have gone through messiness to multiple -agents and part ownership in order to secure a player in the future,

Mainoldo

Ask Real Madrid how much they suffered after letting go of Makelele despite all the superstars they had at the time.

The holding midfield position gives stability to a team and allows the superstars in attack to do their thing without worrying about what is going on behind. It's an absolutely crucial position.
I don’t have a clue what Makelele has to do with anything I’ve said bro.

Just to confirm we have Casemiro. You know the guy that held it down when Madrid won all them European trophies.

Did Madrid have two Makelele’s when he was There? :lol:

Mainoldo

Think some are convinced we only sign one of Mount/Rabiot when personally I see them as very different players
Yes totally different.. Plus Rabiot can play with or without Cass. The rotation will be beneficial if we go far in many competitions.

MadMike

The recency bias is insane in these threads. Brighton had one great year and everyone is now creaming themselves over Caicedo and Mac Allister acting like they’re generational players and we’re idiots for missing out.

Meanwhile Mount who had two amazing seasons back to back in 20/21 and 21/22, got voted Chelsea POTY and won the CL at age 22 is now Average Joe because Chelsea literally shit the bed and had a terrible season due to imbecilic ownership and management.

It’s a crazy world :lol:

Mainoldo

The recency bias is insane in these threads. Brighton had one great year and everyone is now creaming themselves over Caicedo and Mac Allister acting like they’re generational players and we’re idiots for missing out.

Meanwhile Mount who had two amazing seasons back to back in 20/21 and 21/22, got voted Chelsea POTY and won the CL at age 22 is now Average Joe because Chelsea literally shit the bed and had a terrible season due to imbecilic ownership and management.

Let them be. It happens every year. People just don’t learn from their mistakes. I’ve been guilty of it too…

I just find funny Caicedo is a can’t miss whilst the same people literally have FDJ as their ideal midfielder profile for the summer.

davidmichael

We’ve not had any credible links to Caicedo since we were originally in for him, far more noise around Rice who I think is a better fit for us if we’re also signing Mount.

Nickosaur

It is crazy when you're prone to so much hyperbole.

MadMike

Let them be. It happens every year. People just don’t learn from their mistakes. I’ve been guilty of it too…

I just find funny Caicedo is a can’t miss whilst the same people literally have FDJ as their ideal midfielder profile for the summer.
It’s downright hilarious.

From “we don’t need Mount he’s not a DLP we need someone with amazing passing skills” to “we can’t afford to miss out in Caicedo” in a single breath. Definitely not just chasing the latest flashy thing just cause it’s flashy.

How about we trust the manager on the profile of player he wants at least?

MadMike

It is crazy when you're prone to so much hyperbole.
You want me to quote all the posts in this thread that say “we can’t afford to miss out on him” or “if we sign one player it should be him”? Or maybe the post in the Mount thread calling him Average Joe?

Mainoldo

It’s downright hilarious.

From “we don’t need Mount he’s not a DLP we need someone with amazing passing skills” to “we can’t afford to miss out in Caicedo” in a single breath. Definitely not just chasing the latest flashy thing just cause it’s flashy.

How about we trust the manager on the profile of player he wants at least?
Just know I share your pain reading these posts too.

gajender

Some of the lads on here were convinced Bissouma was the second coming and he shat the bed at Spurs. I like Caicedo but if we lose out we lose out. There will be a better player for the managers style somewhere
Agreed as good as Caicedo is or could be , I believe United would be fine even if we miss out on him there is plenty of talent going around just need to find the right fit .

Devil You Know

Shaw and Caicedo as inverted fullbacks, with Casemiro+Mount+Fernandes in midfield would be world class.

Sadly, I don't think we could convince Caicedo to come here for a RB role unless we could guarantee him trophies for his sacrifice.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
Shaw and Caicedo as inverted fullbacks, with Casemiro+Mount+Fernandes in midfield would be world class.

Sadly, I don't think we could convince Caicedo to come here for a RB role unless we could guarantee him trophies for his sacrifice.
Caicedo has played right back literally 2 or 3 times because, Veltman, Lamptey and Gross (also never a right back except in emergencies!) were all injured at the end of this season.

Suv666

He's a special player and we would regret not signing him. Arsenal seems to be going for Rice, there is a chance of getting him but looks like we aren't interested.

Suv666

If you can only sign one midfielder this summer it should be Caicedo with no questions asked. He's a genuine world class player and fits into the style of EtH.
Yeah its really frustrating when we don't go for the obvious superstars and spend the next 5 years watching them set the world on fire playing for a rival.

croadyman

He's a special player and we would regret not signing him. Arsenal seems to be going for Rice, there is a chance of getting him but looks like we aren't interested.
Yeah disappointed we aren't interested

Status
Not open for further replies.