Not open for further replies.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
We get Mount.

Chelsea get Caicedo.

Liverpool get Mcallister.

Arsenal get Rice.

Madrid get Bellingham.

Can’t help but think that a few of the other teams get a better outcome than us even though I think Mount could be a good addition. Hope we add another alongside Mount (if we do get him). Enzo and Caicedo would be a hugely promising CM duo worth envying tbh.

croadyman

We get Mount.

Chelsea get Caicedo.

Arsenal get Rice.

Madrid get Bellingham.

Can’t help but think that a few of the other teams get a better outcome than us even though I think Mount could be a good addition. Hope we add another alongside Mount (if we do get him). Enzo and Caicedo would be a hugely promising CM duo worth envying tbh.
I wouldn't be against Rabiot & Mount,yes I know it's not the quality of other teams but if they fit Erik's system then I will support it

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
We do not want to get into a bidding war.

Therefore, we shall match whatever the other team bids, thus making them raise their offer, which we then match. When they raise their offer…what a second…!

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
We get Mount.

Chelsea get Caicedo.

Arsenal get Rice.

Madrid get Bellingham.

Definitely feels like we're not shopping in the same markets as everyone else this summer.

Mainoldo

We get Mount.

Chelsea get Caicedo.

Arsenal get Rice.

Madrid get Bellingham.

Then the season takes place and we finish above 80% of them.

Chelsea could sign Mbappe it wouldn’t make a difference under their current structure right now.

As long as we get the players fit to play the managers system I’m not worried about names.

Klopp did the same thing and buying Sancho’s, CR7s, Lukaku’s of this world made no difference to them.

dinostar77

Would love to see @raaes do a video on caicedo for his youtube channel (pythagoras in boots).

Highfather_24

We get Mount.

Chelsea get Caicedo.

Arsenal get Rice.

Madrid get Bellingham.

Its very disheartening to see. Our recruitment team is always two steps behind it seems.

Lentwood

We get Mount.

Chelsea get Caicedo.

Arsenal get Rice.

Madrid get Bellingham.

Rival teams will always sign decent players, can't be helped. We're very quick on this forum to champion their business and knock our own but I'm confident our recruitment has/will improve under ETH and the new executive team.

Plus, if we hadn't moved for Mount I am certain Klopp and Liverpool would have been very interested and I am also sure Chelsea do not want to lose him.

Mount is likely a better fit for us than Caicedo because the idea will be use Bruno and Mount as hard-pressing 8s and let Casemiro sweep behind.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Mount wasnt targeted by our scouts, he was targeted by ten hag & wanted to manage him since mounts time at vittese.

Bebestation

Rival teams will always sign decent players, can't be helped. We're very quick on this forum to champion their business and knock our own but I'm confident our recruitment has/will improve under ETH and the new executive team.

Plus, if we hadn't moved for Mount I am certain Klopp and Liverpool would have been very interested and I am also sure Chelsea do not want to lose him.

Mount is likely a better fit for us than Caicedo because the idea will be use Bruno and Mount as hard-pressing 8s and let Casemiro sweep behind.
Beautiful person.

Highfather_24

If the situations were reversed(We were getting Rice/Caicedo and them getting Mount), we would be laughing at them.

How Mount does as an #8 in the Gundogan/Eriksen/Xhaka role is still up in the air, because he always played as the CM who was furthest forward, and having a midfield of Mount, Bruno and Casemiro where none of them are particularly comfortable/secure on the ball is a worry. Mount and Bruno are both their best in the final third, while most 4-3-3s have a #8 who is better at dropping deep and collecting the ball which neither Bruno/Mount are. I would have loved to see a natural midfielder in that role like Ryan Gravenberch.

cyberman

If the situations were reversed(We were getting Rice/Caicedo and them getting Mount), we would be laughing at them.

How Mount does as an #8 in the Gundogan/Eriksen/Xhaka role is still up in the air, because he always played as the CM who was furthest forward, and having a midfield of Mount, Bruno and Casemiro where none of them are particularly comfortable/secure on the ball is a worry. Mount and Bruno are both their best in the final third, while most 4-3-3s have a #8 who is better at dropping deep and collecting the ball which neither Bruno/Mount are. I would have loved to see a natural midfielder in that role like Ryan Gravenberch.
Same way we all laughed at Liverpool signings over the years while we signed the sought after names?

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
We need at least two quality midfielders this summer. Mount and Caicedo would be a fantastic way to do this IMO.

We have only two midfielders at the club now who are nailed on starters and that's a 31 year old Casemiro and Bruno. Eriksen can be a good bench option but Fred, McTominay, Beek are nowhere near good enough to start for a compettitive United. We need one DM who can play with Casemiro and also would be able to play when he gets his next 5 match ban. We also need a starting 8. Caicedo for me should be the future Casemiro of the team and play next season alongside him.

Highfather_24

Same way we all laughed at Liverpool signings over the years while we signed the sought after names?
I'll be honest, I've almost always been envious of Liverpool's recruitment in recent years(not the Brendan era). Them getting Thiago for 13M while we bought VdB for 40M, broke my heart :lol: Same with how easily they went for Fabinho. They make smart recruitments more or less.

Its not about buying sought after names. Its about not buying people like Antony for 100M or Maguire for 80M, and rather spending smartly on profiles that fit our need. Its always sad to see us ignoring the most obvious transfers and needs which our rivals pickup for peanuts, while we chase unrealistic targets, overpay and keep buying more #10s , aging strikers and CBs.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus

Recipe for disaster. He doesn't have the legs to cover that area on his own as he often has had to do within our system. Not to mention the amount of times he moves forwards himself and we are easily bypassed on the counter.

JuriM

Casemiro has barely played to be the deepest of our midfielders, he is the middle one breaking up the play and advancing, there's a playmaker like Eriksen who plays under him and controls it. That's the type of player we need to give Eriksen some help.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Casemiro has a skillset that means he can play further forward. If Caicedo came in, he could play deep so Casemiro could do that.

Fahad Jawaid

We get Mount.

Chelsea get Caicedo.

Arsenal get Rice.

Madrid get Bellingham.

Actually our seems to be the worst option among all. We could do with Caicedo, Rice or Bellingham.

Our takeover is crippling our manager and club for the upcoming season. There should be protests for them to sell it asap. So much greed and lust for money that they don’t give a feck about the club. I hope Ten Hag comes out and publicly pressurize them otherwise they will continue this for another two months.

Bebestation

Casemiro has a skillset that means he can play further forward. If Caicedo came in, he could play deep so Casemiro could do that.
Im not sure. Caicedo seems like a terrier that chases his meat around the pitch rather than be the calm & composed cdm guarding his defence & letting casemiro roam.

Licha M

Im not sure. Caicedo seems like a terrier that chases his meat around the pitch rather than be the calm & composed cdm guarding his defence & letting casemiro roam.
The last thing this squad needs is another sexpest.

I'm out.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
If you knew what you know now, should United have spent 80 million on Kante after the season when he won the league with Leicester.

This is how much of a surefire thing he is. We've spent more on lesser players.
Aside from the fact that he turned us down you mean?

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

Was following along until the last sentence, that lad is incomplete at this point.

dinostar77

Yes it was.

Just re-watched this. Yes he would be good foil for casemiro and a upgrade on fred and mctominay, but hes not the no8 we need.

A three man midfield is normally broken down into creator (bruno), destroyer (casemiro) and passer (eriksen). Caicedo is defintely a 'destroyer' a CDM. We need a 'passer'. We also need more energy and physicality in midfield. So theres a argument to be made either way.

If you put caiceido in alongside Casemiro, who controls the tempo for the team? Neither of them have that ability in their locker, they have different strengths.

Caiceido would be perfect foil for Enzo at Chelsea. Personally, although it wont happen, i dont think declan rice is the answer either.

Last edited:

Abraxas

We get Mount.

Chelsea get Caicedo.

Arsenal get Rice.

Madrid get Bellingham.

Yep.

Given that list of players, it's a straight shoot out between McAllister and Mount for who I'd least like to have. I don't think there's a lot between them necessarily, but McAllister is in better form which helps the perception of him.

The rest there's no doubt in my mind, they're better players.

Highfather_24

Was following along until the last sentence, that lad is incomplete at this point.
I agree. I was hoping our scouts could have identified that #8 throughout the season from one of the top 5 leagues who would not cost an arm and a leg. I'm no scout obviously, but someone in the Gravenberch/Gundogan profile. I'm convinced at 50-60M we can do better than Mount, but I think him being 24, English and a model professional plays a role.

goalscholes

Latvia is younger, cheaper and has a higher floor I reckon. Casemiro would be an excellent mentor.

Apokalips

Just re-watched this. Yes he would be good foil for casemiro and a upgrade on fred and mctominay, but hes not the no8 we need.

A three man midfield is normally broken down into creator (bruno), destroyer (casemiro) and passer (eriksen). Caicedo is defintely a 'destroyer' a CDM. We need a 'passer'. We also need more energy and physicality in midfield. So theres a argument to be made either way.

If you put caiceido in alongside Casemiro, who controls the tempo for the team? Neither of them have that ability in their locker, they have different strengths.

Caiceido would be perfect foil for Enzo at Chelsea. Personally, although it wont happen, i dont think declan rice is the answer either.
This is the reason we need more than 1 midfielder. We can't go through the season with just 3 quality midfielders and hope that no one gets injured or suspended. There are so many games throughout the season that you need multiple top quality players for each position to rotate and ensure they are all in peak condition and not being played into the ground. This logic of only buying enough to make a first XI is why we stay behind teams like City and Real, who have just signed Bellingham to go on top of an already stacked midfield.

dinostar77

This is the reason we need more than 1 midfielder. We can't go through the season with just 3 quality midfielders and hope that no one gets injured or suspended. There are so many games throughout the season that you need multiple top quality players for each position to rotate and ensure they are all in peak condition and not being played into the ground. This logic of only buying enough to make a first XI is why we stay behind teams like City and Real, who have just signed Bellingham to go on top of an already stacked midfield.
Agree we need more than one.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Yep.

Given that list of players, it's a straight shoot out between McAllister and Mount for who I'd least like to have. I don't think there's a lot between them necessarily, but McAllister is in better form which helps the perception of him.

The rest there's no doubt in my mind, they're better players.
Personally I think that Mount could surprise many with his quality but I’d still like someone who can sit and dictate.

cyberman

I'll be honest, I've almost always been envious of Liverpool's recruitment in recent years(not the Brendan era). Them getting Thiago for 13M while we bought VdB for 40M, broke my heart :lol: Same with how easily they went for Fabinho. They make smart recruitments more or less.

Its not about buying sought after names. Its about not buying people like Antony for 100M or Maguire for 80M, and rather spending smartly on profiles that fit our need. Its always sad to see us ignoring the most obvious transfers and needs which our rivals pickup for peanuts, while we chase unrealistic targets, overpay and keep buying more #10s , aging strikers and CBs.
I don’t really agree. I don’t even think Mount is overpriced for the fee we’re aiming for.
In the back of my head I’m still remembering posts about Bissouma being the absolute future of midfields in England

croadyman

Personally I think that Mount could surprise many with his quality but I’d still like someone who can sit and dictate.
Trouble is Erik sees only De Jong,until he accepts that's never happening I don't see us signing one

luke511

Caicedo is a passer and destroyer, he's a very tidy player. I'm not sure why this side of his game is rarely considered as a strength, maybe because he's known as a hard tackling CDM by trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.