Moises Caicedo | Chelsea agree £115M fee | signed for Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

hobbers

Inevitable now they know Bellingham is Real bound and that Chelsea are favourites for Enzo.

We'll end up with none of them.

Mainoldo

Inevitable now they know Bellingham is Real bound and that Chelsea are favourites for Enzo.

Most of these players. There’s not really much between them. So whether it’s Bellingham, Enzo, Caicedo or De Jong. It really makes an ounce of difference now we have a competent manager.

hobbers

Most of these players. There’s not really much between them. So whether it’s Bellingham, Enzo, Caicedo or De Jong. It really makes an ounce of difference now we have a competent manager.
Needless to say we wont get De Jong either.

CM10

Caicedo is a good player but if he moves are we only getting upset because he ends up at Liverpool? We literally have Casemiro.

bosskeano

Chelsea won't sign BOTH Enzo and Caicedo with the latter being half the price.....honestly i think ETH is happy with the Casemiro, Eriksen, Bruno trio right now with Fred coming in off the bench to help defensively later in matches

Enzo would be a brilliant addition as would Caicedo

BlueHaze

How much will he go for if he does inevitably go? 80m??

Hope at least United are not dumb enough to pay this.

RuudTom83

If his wages have been reported correctly, I think I would feel a little sorry for Caicedo if he is priced out of a move.

Brighton would be making enormous profit on any sale even close to the reported fees.

It would never happen, but if they block any move, I would hope his wages are given a boost to compensate him.

Skills

Snitch
Could you play him and Casemiro in a midfield 2? I don't think this one is for us.

Need a quality ball progressor to partner with Casemiro. A Modric light would be great.

Rolaholic

Could you play him and Casemiro in a midfield 2? I don't think this one is for us.

Need a quality ball progressor to partner with Casemiro. A Modric light would be great.
Not exactly but he would be a big upgrade on McTominay and someone who could eventually fill in to Case's role as he gets older.

We still need a ball carrying midfielder regardless but adding someone like Caicedo would be a great long term move.

croadyman

Surely there is other progressors than just FDJ

Skills

Snitch
Not exactly but he would be a big upgrade on McTominay and someone who could eventually fill in to Case's role as he gets older.

We still need a ball carrying midfielder regardless but adding someone like Caicedo would be a great long term move.
Would be a monumentally stupid use of funds though considering the state of the rest of the team.

The state we're in, we have to prioritise and use the funds we have sensibly and using £75m in that scenario, is the opposite. We do need an upgrade on McTominay, but we should be in the cheap and cheerful section of the market.

croadyman

Would be a monumentally stupid use of funds though considering the state of the rest of the team.

The state we're in, we have to prioritise and use the funds we have sensibly and using £75m in that scenario, is the opposite. We do need an upgrade on McTominay, but we should be in the cheap and cheerful section of the market.
Yeah we aren't in position to spend that now

The White Pele

Not sure spending big on a centre mid is the right thing to do this summer. Ideally we need a first XI alternative to Eriksen such as De Jong, giving us better rotation in the two advanced midfield positions. We also need a backup to Casemiro as neither Fred or McTominay are particularly good in that role. I would see Caicedo as either a long-term replacement for Casemiro or an upgrade on Fred’s role of providing “legs” in certain games and situations. However, in terms of first XI signings I would prioritise centre-forward, keeper and right-back.

Kane, Diogo Costa, Gusto.

Then depending on how far the budget stretches try and add the reinforcements we need in central defence, central midfield and at centre-forward by looking at players out of contract or in their last year:

Tielemans, Laimer, Aouar, Neves, Olmo, Thuram, Moussa Dembele.

That would give us a competitive team in the short term and long-term replacements for Varane, Casemiro can be targeted the following summer.

Last edited:

RPT_Reddevil

Baffles me how we didn't get him over the line last year when we were really interested.
Exactly. How inept had we been for the past few seasons that we have constantly missed some decent players.

Apparently Brighton looking at Haidara (we were linked with him under Rangnick, i guess). So, definitely something going on behind the scenes. Would be a decent signing for anyone.

Mainoldo

I don’t mind. Leaves Rice, Enzo and De Jong with one less suitor.

The White Pele

Agree with this. We need someone who can “do a job” fulfilling Casemiro’s role when he’s not available but certainly don’t need to splash big money on that player.

Castia

Remember when we could have signed this kid for about 3m

ffs

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Would be a fantastic signing who can comfortably slot in both deeper midfield roles.

DanClancy

There is zero chance Arsenal will be spending £75m on him, what a load of nonsense.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Would be a fantastic signing who can comfortably slot in both deeper midfield roles.
Considering EtH went for Eriksen next to Casemiro it would be a bit of a surprise, but could obviously be a good but different solution.

BerryBerryShrew

100%. No point in signing Enzo/Bellingham/FdJ if we still fall apart when Cas is injured/suspended. A Cas-Caicedo midfield would be brilliant with the added bonus that Caicedo can cover the 6 role when Casemiro is out. He should be our midfield priority IMO.

ElectroManiac

I wish we could sell Mctominay for some decent money to Newcastle and put all that towards getting this guy for the rest of the season. Would make us so much more solid. Can rotate with Case and play with him on the harder games agins the top 6

mav_9me

I wish we could sell Mctominay for some decent money to Newcastle and put all that towards getting this guy for the rest of the season. Would make us so much more solid. Can rotate with Case and play with him on the harder games agins the top 6
That's a fair point. If we could sell McT for say 30m and get Caicedo for say 70m, may not be a bad idea. But I doubt both numbers.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Chelsea need him the most, him and Partey is pretty defensive. Good depth though

Status
Not open for further replies.