Moises Caicedo | Chelsea agree £115M fee | signed for Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

FerociousCorgis

how would he fit with case in the base of midfield? Seems like everyone at brighton is press resistant with the ball and their passing.

FerociousCorgis

this guy and rabiot would seriously improve us.

Casemiro, Caicedo, rabiot, Eriksen, Fred isn’t a bad midfield at all.
sub fred for one of our youth players who are hopefully ready. An iqbal or hannibal or something. weve seen the fred train long enough to know where that leads us.

davidmichael

Caicedo and Rabiot would be incredible.
This is what I’d love to see as our realistic midfielder signings, I reckon Caicedo agreed the new deal on the basis of a gentlemen’s agreement of him leaving this summer for £80 million or above.

Dazzmondo

Caicedo or Rice would transform our midfield into either best or 2nd best in the league (maybe even the world). Just not sure how realistic it is for us to sign one of them with our financial constraints and needs in other positions. I'm guessing Rice's price won't drop below £80m. What's Caicedo likely to cost?

Nickosaur

Caicedo or Rice would transform our midfield into either best or 2nd best in the league (maybe even the world). Just not sure how realistic it is for us to sign one of them with our financial constraints and needs in other positions. I'm guessing Rice's price won't drop below £80m. What's Caicedo likely to cost?
Caicedo would be £75-80m I reckon.

FerociousCorgis

i mean it would improve but holy hell is this an overreaction. Case has been struggling a lot this year and isnt getting any younger, eriksen been looking pretty light after his last injury. Fred/mctominay are trash. Bruno is a good advanced midfielder but is incredibly hot and cold throughout the game. Best in the world if we just add one of the targets you listed?

glasgow 21

this guy and rabiot would seriously improve us.

Casemiro, Caicedo, rabiot, Eriksen, Fred isn’t a bad midfield at all.
Enough is enough, good lad but time to move on, he isn't worth 6m a year plus a fee of circa £5+ throws +11m in the Net Gain box. He will be an asset in a less pacing/ physical league. Use a make weight against a transfer target.

Dazzmondo

i mean it would improve but holy hell is this an overreaction. Case has been struggling a lot this year and isnt getting any younger, eriksen been looking pretty light after his last injury. Fred/mctominay are trash. Bruno is a good advanced midfielder but is incredibly hot and cold throughout the game. Best in the world if we just add one of the targets you listed?
Just to clarify, I only meant our starting 3, not our depth. Casemiro, Caicedo and Bruno is extremely strong. I think you massively underrate Bruno. He's created more chance than any player in the top European leagues this season. More than KDB, more than Messi, more than Vini, more than Odegaard. He's absolutely elite and completely underappreciated here (thankfully I've seen some start to give him the credit he deserves, you clearly don't still). Casemiro is literally in the world team of the season and officially recognised as one of the 3 best midfielders in the world. He's had some off games since his last suspension but he's easily been one of the best players in the league this season and completely transforms us when he's playing well.

City's midfield is probably still better, though I'm not sure if Gundogan is going to still be there next season. Outside of that I don't see many midfields in world football that are better or as well balanced.

FerociousCorgis

Just to clarify, I only meant our starting 3, not our depth. Casemiro, Caicedo and Bruno is extremely strong. I think you massively underrate Bruno. He's created more chance than any player in the top European leagues this season. More than KDB, more than Messi, more than Vini, more than Odegaard. He's absolutely elite and completely underappreciated here (thankfully I've seen some start to give him the credit he deserves, you clearly don't still). Casemiro is literally in the world team of the season and officially recognised as one of the 3 best midfielders in the world. He's had some off games since his last suspension but he's easily been one of the best players in the league this season and completely transforms us when he's playing well.

City's midfield is probably still better, though I'm not sure if Gundogan is going to still be there next season. Outside of that I don't see many midfields in world football that are better or as well balanced.
agree to disagree. Think case is struggling in the league more than he has been crushing it in the league. But i do think the starting midfield would be good when they are all available and fit if that was the case. Just not best in the world. But really any good signing should help us out a lot compared to some of the trash out there from the mcfred days.

Dazzmondo

Caicedo would be £75-80m I reckon.
I'd probably opt for Rice if given a choice between the 2 at that price tbh. That being said, Arsenal look like they'll most likely get Rice. I suppose if MacAllister is going for £70m, £75-80m for Caicedo is realistic though.

gajender

It's not a balanced midfield and you are over rating them individually as well as collectively .

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
I don't see you allowing both to leave this summer,that's why I worry about Mac Allister to scousers because makes it highly unlikely Caicedo will go too
I’m not so sure about Mac Allister and the dippers. Andy Naylor (tier 1 for Brighton) from The Athletic is reporting today that he wants CL football next year and you guys are also interested, so it maybe he ends up at Old Trafford if you keep hold of that top 4 spot.

VivaRonaldo85

Caicedo will be more difficult to replace than Mac Allister.

Hopefully Ayari and Buonanotte will progress, we've got Moder to come back who's missed the whole season, I'm not sure about Alzate, but he's another possibility. Gilmour is beginning to live up to his potential and we have Andrew Moran waiting in the wings as well.

We should be fine hopefully.
A remarkable scouting network. Fair play

The Irish Connection

Caicedo has Roy Keane vibes, a player who will control the midfield game after game. Fergie felt he had to get the emerging 21-year-old Keane, wonder if the current hierarchy feels the same way about Caicedo.
Totally agree about the Keano vibes!

daba

Yes, he was playing as a inverted RB and with him inverting infield to come into midfield, Brighton took control of the game by creating a overload.
Would give us an interesting option there. Wan-Bissaka especially isn’t suited to doing it, so having a player with that flexibility would be useful tactically.

ForeverRed1

Sorry this should have been a reply to a Fred question.
Ah okay, yes that makes sense. I agree, I’d like him replaced eventually but I doubt we will sell all our midfielders in one summer and of all of them he offers something different to the squad. So I’d probably keep him one more year. If we can sell him and mctom and raise funds then I’m all for it though.

HydrogenFluoride

I cannot believe we are not heavily linked to Caicedo. This guy is the new Kante and the best ball scavenging midfielder in the PL currently, and he is quick and tidy with the ball and rarely makes errors. 70-80 m would be a bargain especially for his age IMO. He can complement Casemiro and Bruno nicely and bring serious energy/athleticism to the midfield (which we lack with Eriksen especially when playing away from home this season), on top of that Casemiro is 30 and maybe has 2 more years left at the elite level.

luke511

I cannot believe we are not heavily linked to Caicedo. This guy is the new Kante and the best ball scavenging midfielder in the PL currently, and he is quick and tidy with the ball and rarely makes errors. 70-80 m would be a bargain especially for his age IMO. He can complement Casemiro and Bruno nicely and bring serious energy/athleticism to the midfield (which we lack with Eriksen especially when playing away from home this season), on top of that Casemiro is 30 and maybe has 2 more years left at the elite level.
We’re trying to manifest it into existence mate, keep the faith

croadyman

We shouldn't have been scared off by how complex signing him was in the first place. I could understand it for a hefty price tag but he was literally around £5m.

MUFC OK

We shouldn't have been scared off by how complex signing him was in the first place. I could understand it for a hefty price tag but he was literally around £5m.
That doesn’t matter. Now PL proven. Not sure he’s a bargain at 80m now but he is excellent - personal feeling is we need someone more creative though. Other than FDJ I have no idea who that could be.

NK86

There is no way we can let Arsenal take both him and Rice this summer
That would be a combined price of min 150 mil I would think. You really think Arsenal will spend that much on 2 defensive mids when they need another CB, striker at the minimum.

MUFC OK

That would be a combined price of min 150 mil I would think. You really think Arsenal will spend that much on 2 defensive mids when they need another CB, striker at the minimum.
Not at all. I think caicedo is more likely - can see that being almost their only signing.

(and Zaha on a free maybe)

croadyman

That doesn’t matter. Now PL proven. Not sure he’s a bargain at 80m now but he is excellent - personal feeling is we need someone more creative though. Other than FDJ I have no idea who that could be.
What about the likes of Caqueret/Le Fee who I have seen mentioned before on here. I can't see it but ideally we need an athletic CM who can play 6/8 AND playmaker. Unfortunately with all the work we need to do think we have to choose one.

aeh1991

I think the best options atm are Kokcu or Kone.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
I think we are looking to make £100M+ back in sales, so I'd be surprised if our Gross spend isn't over £200M this summer. Still not sure exactly what positions, if we'll buy a full back or right back, what type of midfielders we are looking to buy or if we buy a striker or wide player.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
Are we even considering him?

cyberman

I think we are looking to make £100M+ back in sales, so I'd be surprised if our Gross spend isn't over £200M this summer. Still not sure exactly what positions, if we'll buy a full back or right back, what type of midfielders we are looking to buy or if we buy a striker or wide player.
Aren’t you on a FFP watch list this summer?

redcucumber

£100m+ in sales? How?

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Are we even considering him?
We have only recently decided that we need a midfielder. Give a few months maybe they will get off their arses and try to make a signing. Or maybe pretend to before slapping a list of excuses on the fan faces stating no money, FFP and club sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.