Moises Caicedo | Chelsea agree £115M fee | signed for Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuriM

Specially if McTom or Fred leave - only 1 midfielder won't be enough. We need a jack of all trades mobility guy like Caicedo and a game management capabilities like Rice or Mount.

Roux

Yeah, phenomenal, just like Bissouma, Brighton's hipster flavor of the year before, who looked much better than Moses. Wanting him over Rice is madness. Would even take Mac Allister over him.
yeah because every player follows the same history/trajectory. Silly logic.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Bissouma shouldn't be compared to Caicedo because it was known that he was limited on the ball even at Brighton. But Paratici for some strange reason thought it was a good idea pairing Bissouma with Hojberg and hence fecked Conte up when it came to developing the team.

reddev3

What do people think is a fair valuation
70/80 million, I'm convinced Brighton would have had a gentleman agreement in January which was, if he signs a new contract and gives his best for the remainder of the season he can leave if someone at least matches the Arsenal bid of 70 million.

It was well documented he was gutted about not getting the move but with Brighton obviously not wanting to let him go when they were in the middle of their best season ever it makes sense to make a compromise like this and then everyone is happy.

A 70 million bid in the summer is a million times more appealing than it was in January now they have secured their target of European football and also have time to comfortably find a replacement.

Last edited:

luke511

We get mount or rice and Arsenal get this fella we ain’t going anywhere quick
I'm a massive fan of Caicedo and want us to sign him, but if we end up with Rice over him then we're still in fantastic shape. Rice is proven top quality and covers 3 positions we need, CDM, CM and CB. The important thing is we sign one of the two.

Nobby style

Tooting Colombia to Tooting Bec and back again
yeah because every player follows the same history/trajectory. Silly logic.
Stoopid logic would be not preferring a nailed on England starter and future captain, fully proven in the PL for several years (did you watch Rice in our last match against West Ham? Massive), to Caicedo, who hasn't even been a nailed on starter for Ecuador, at least not in the WC qualifiers, and in our last two matches with Brighton, and was overshadowed by Mac Allister, although Caicedo was shunted off to right back in the last one. As a South American, I don't get this Caicedo cocks out thing. I don't know anyone here who give a fcuk about him. And yes, Bissouma was rated higher than him last year on the same team, and we saw what happened when Bissouma went to swim with the big fish. I can't believe many are actually watching that many Brighton matches to form such a high opinion of him, and if you go by our last matches he wasn't all that great and defo outplayed by Mac Allister.

waza7111

I'd prefer him to Rice and think he's a much better player with a wider range of passing.

Roux

Stoopid logic would be not preferring a nailed on England starter and future captain, fully proven in the PL for several years (did you watch Rice in our last match against West Ham? Massive), to Caicedo, who hasn't even been a nailed on starter for Ecuador, at least not in the WC qualifiers, and in our last two matches with Brighton, and was overshadowed by Mac Allister, although Caicedo was shunted off to right back in the last one. As a South American, I don't get this Caicedo cocks out thing. I don't know anyone here who give a fcuk about him. And yes, Bissouma was rated higher than him last year on the same team, and we saw what happened when Bissouma went to swim with the big fish. I can't believe many are actually watching that many Brighton matches to form such a high opinion of him, and if you go by our last matches he wasn't all that great and defo outplayed by Mac Allister.
Proven for West Ham yes. Highest level no.

Caicedo looks a much better prospect in every possible way to me. Did you watch him Caicedo against us 3 times? he was outstanding...

Anyway you seem far to rattled to have a sensible debate about this.

Mainoldo

Bissouma shouldn't be compared to Caicedo because it was known that he was limited on the ball even at Brighton. But Paratici for some strange reason thought it was a good idea pairing Bissouma with Hojberg and hence fecked Conte up when it came to developing the team.

Did you say that at the time?

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Did you say that at the time?
Yes I did. The post below is from June 2022.

Bissouma's a good player if you utilise him to defend large spaces in a high defensive line and he showed the ability to carry/dribble the ball. But under Conte, he required build up in the first phase to suck the opponent in so he can progress via the wingbacks in a deeper defensive line. And Bissouma wasn't that player and neither were the CBs that were signed by Spurs.

I think the lad Brighton bought from Ecuador (Moises Caicedo) is one to watch. He seems to have a wider skillset and could turn into a deep lying playmaker with added speed and physicality. I'm personally going to keep an eye on his development and it'll be interesting to see how Potter utilises him. He's also someone that has said that he wants to play for Man Utd.

Bissouma's a good player put limited on the ball.

Mainoldo

Yes I did. The post below is from June 2022.

Bissouma's a good player if you utilise him to defend large spaces in a high defensive line and he showed the ability to carry/dribble the ball. But under Conte, he required build up in the first phase to suck the opponent in so he can progress via the wingbacks in a deeper defensive line. And Bissouma wasn't that player and neither were the CBs that were signed by Spurs.
Fair enough

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Very rarely I see a player that I'd bet my money on being a great success for United but this is the guy. Would absolutely love have him.

Rolaholic

Having him as a Casemiro understudy and learning from him would be an absolute dream.

For the money, he'd be more worth and has a more appealing profile (21 y/o ffs) than Rice for me.

Nobby style

Proven for West Ham yes. Highest level no.

Caicedo looks a much better prospect in every possible way to me. Did you watch him Caicedo against us 3 times? he was outstanding...

Anyway you seem far to rattled to have a sensible debate about this.
Guess you've never watched Rice at the levels of World Cup or qualifiers. Probably one of the first in Southgate's team sheet. He's been fantastic. Proven leader, has been doing it in the PL for years, is barely entering his prime, English, and will eventually take Casemiro's spot, and would be great playing alongside him, or to give him a rest, and a perfect alternative to Erickson. This should be a no brainer . . . I guess. But there ya go

Mainoldo

I think it would make sense to sign either Rice or Caicedo if the plan is to unleash Frimpong from RB. Then we'd have the players to facilitate for a very attack minded approach.
The idea has to be that type of double pivot. But I think it will be Rice or Rabiot. I’m happy with both.. but Rice would be the better deal, I can see him being club captain.

Roux

Guess you've never watched Rice at the levels of World Cup or qualifiers. Probably one of the first in Southgate's team sheet. He's been fantastic. Proven leader, has been doing it in the PL for years, is barely entering his prime, English, and will eventually take Casemiro's spot, and would be great playing alongside him, or to give him a rest, and a perfect alternative to Erickson. This should be a no brainer . . . I guess. But there ya go
I did watch him - then i watched Enzo Fernandez and he was on a different level.

Stupid to discount Caicedo just because he's only played one full season in the PL. Kante was a monster in his first season for Leicester and won the league - Caicedo could very well be just as good.

Telsim

This is the guy we should be going after, not Mason Mount. Will make a mountain of difference in our midfield.

aeh1991

This is the guy we should be going after, not Mason Mount. Will make a mountain of difference in our midfield.
strongly agree. instead of 55m on Mount, I'd spend 80m on him. the 25m we can get from selling someone like McT

Hackman2210

Man City not linked with him at the moment - then lets buy him FFS! Even with him we are still behind Citeh, this dude and a 20 plus goal striker needed. Defense and GK solid for next season (magure out / Kim in).

zaafi

I did watch him - then i watched Enzo Fernandez and he was on a different level.

Stupid to discount Caicedo just because he's only played one full season in the PL. Kante was a monster in his first season for Leicester and won the league - Caicedo could very well be just as good.
I'm not even a massive Rice fan myself, but Rice is miles better than Enzo defensively and as a holding midfielder. They have a different skillset and I'd say the only real standout ability Enzo has over Rice is passing.

As for Caicedo, I love the guy but it's a legitimate concern. There is no guarantee he will perform like this for us as he currently plays for a very functional football side where a lot of their players look like world class/potential world class players.

Roux

I'm not even a massive Rice fan myself, but Rice is miles better than Enzo defensively and as a holding midfielder. They have a different skillset and I'd say the only real standout ability Enzo has over Rice is passing.

As for Caicedo, I love the guy but it's a legitimate concern. There is no guarantee he will perform like this for us as he currently plays for a very functional football side where a lot of their players look like world class/potential world class players.
This is subjective - i think Enzo is better in every way, same with Caicedo - both are younger and better technically on the ball. There's no guarantee with any player - but i think both players i mentioned have a higher ceiling than Rice.

Nobby style

Not sure what Enzo has to do with this, but I'm all with you on that. Pissed that Chelsea got him and they would do good to build their team around him.

I'm not discounting Caicedo, I think he's a decent footballer, and that's about it. Is not dominant and does not run the show like Rice does, and not near as experienced at the levels of Rice. Seriously, did you watch Mac Allister in our second of the recent matches? Far above anything I've seen of Caicedo. Although I loathe the term, I see Caicedo as one of those "systems" players, like Bissouma, and take him out of there, he probably will generate similar results to Bissouma, and that Spanish shaggy lad on Chelsea, can't remember his name. Has any ex Brighton footballer done as well as they did there, having moved on? Maybe he will excel, but compared to Rice, at similar prices, I see Rice as proven, dominant, and a for sure success and just what we need. Apparently we are heavily linked to Rice at the moment (and nothing on Caicedo), so it would seem like 10 Hag knows what he wants.

redcucumber

Caicedo was definitely a pretty big deal in South America - Tim Vickery gushed about him and we were heavily interested and only backed out because of complications to do with ownership/agent rights. Also, being a regular for Southgate's England isn't the be and all. See Maguire.

Nobby style

Caicedo was definitely a pretty big deal in South America - Tim Vickery gushed about him and we were heavily interested and only backed out because of complications to do with ownership/agent rights. Also, being a regular for Southgate's England isn't the be and all. See Maguire.
Good lord, Tim Vickery is probably the worst person you could quote. Maybe if you want to know about his Brazilian girlfriend, but he really is a joke. The master at throwing shit at the wall to see what sticks. Did you ever hear him gush about our Colombian lad, Marlos Moreno?? Guy practically busted his nut on what was obviously a very mediocre player. Where is he now, lost somewhere in the lower division European football. Being here, I would disagree with you on Caicedo being a big deal. Barely ever heard him mentioned. Comparing Rice to Harry . . . please don't.

Roux

Not sure what Enzo has to do with this, but I'm all with you on that. Pissed that Chelsea got him and they would do good to build their team around him.

I'm not discounting Caicedo, I think he's a decent footballer, and that's about it. Is not dominant and does not run the show like Rice does, and not near as experienced at the levels of Rice. Seriously, did you watch Mac Allister in our second of the recent matches? Far above anything I've seen of Caicedo. Although I loathe the term, I see Caicedo as one of those "systems" players, like Bissouma, and take him out of there, he probably will generate similar results to Bissouma, and that Spanish shaggy lad on Chelsea, can't remember his name. Has any ex Brighton footballer done as well as they did there, having moved on? Maybe he will excel, but compared to Rice, at similar prices, I see Rice as proven, dominant, and a for sure success and just what we need. Apparently we are heavily linked to Rice at the moment (and nothing on Caicedo), so it would seem like 10 Hag knows what he wants.
Enzo is a player who hasn't played in this league either - you don't need to have played in the PL to be a good player - both Enzo and Caicedo stand out from the games i've watched.

Disagree on dominance - he's been exactly that for most of the season - he has pace, power, strength and versatility - he also has something Rice doesn't which is high technical ability and keeping possession in tight areas - something Brighton have been drilled in all season.

I was more impressed with Caicedo every single game he's played again us - even when he played as right-back. He was the best player on the pitch in the cup semi-final.

We are linked with every player under the sun - doesn't mean Ten Hag wants them, especially when they are asking for 100m.

dinostar77

Id agree. Also add that rice has leadership qualities that could see him captaining whatever club he moves to.

My opinion on Rice definately changed after watching the tifo ir l piece on him and his stats. Take away the eye test and hes a elite player.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Yeah I think he’s class. Visions of seeing Essien against us when he played in France. Hoping we could get him.

thomas porter

We need to move mountains this summer to bring in Caicedo. He'd be a great partner for Casemiro and could provide cover if/when Case if injured/suspended.

I personally love everything about his game as he's a rolls royce midfielder with pace, physicality, press resistant. He's not the best midfielder in the world in the final third would be my only criticism but he's so young & talented there's no reason he can't add that to his game.

Status
Not open for further replies.