Moises Caicedo | Signs for Brighton

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
What does it say that has not been said already?
  • United weren't the only club having to deal with the "Who's the representative?" problem
  • A team can mandate multiple agents to market a player to different leagues
    • One agent per league
    • That mandate can be traded between agents
  • Caicedo is represented by 3 different agencies
    • Independiente del Valle don't care about which agency brokers the deal; they get the same result at the end of the day
  • Manchester United and AC Milan walked away due to the multiple agencies and their potential to leak transfer details to various media outlets
  • Brighton persevered due to an existing relationship with the club and one of the agencies (Kancha)
    • They signed a player from IdV and Kancha in 2018 (Billy Arce)
This explains why Brighton are able to continue with the transfer whilst bigger clubs have backed off.

Bondi77

• United weren't the only club having to deal with the "Who's the representative?" problem
  • A team can mandate multiple agents to market a player to different leagues
    • One agent per league
    • That mandate can be traded between agents
  • Caicedo is represented by 3 different agencies
    • Independiente del Valle don't care about which agency brokers the deal; they get the same result at the end of the day
  • Manchester United and AC Milan walked away due to the multiple agencies and their potential to leak transfer details to various media outlets
  • Brighton persevered due to an existing relationship with the club and one of the agencies (Kancha)
    • They signed a player from IdV and Kancha in 2018 (Billy Arce)
This explains why Brighton are able to continue with the transfer whilst bigger clubs have backed off.
Thanks

Bulldog United

I hope he has a minimum release clause, otherwise we’ll be paying a mighty premium on what we’d have got him for this window.

We need an rvn

Isn't this a bit like the tevez / mascherano thing?
Just a stepping stone
Perhaps. But if our plan is to sign the world's top young players, and we could have bought him for £4.5m rather than what it might cost in 2 years then it doesn't make sense.

It also doesn't make sense Brighton were able to get the deal done but, if according to reports, we walked away because it was not possible given the current rules and regs with regards to 3rd party ownership etc.

Feels like a bit of a loss to be honest this one but look forward to seeing him in action in the PL rather than youtube highlights of best moments.

Bulldog United

It shouldn’t be so bad with Brighton. Although weren’t they looking for 40 million for Ben White last summer...
Yeah it‘s harder now signing from other Premier League clubs who don’t necessarily need to sell while receiving that broadcast revenue. It helps this new lad would probably help force the move though.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Yeah it‘s harder now signing from other Premier League clubs who don’t necessarily need to sell while receiving that broadcast revenue. It helps this new lad would probably help force the move though.
hopefully. I’m looking forward to seeing how he stacks up in the PL. he looks class in any clip I’ve seen. Strong, hard working and can get it forward

croadyman

Fear that he could make a real difference when they come to Old Trafford in April, typically the game with the scousers is only two days away so can safely say that someone new to the club won't be involved that soon. Think I find hard to get my head around is if this deal was so complex then why didn't Brighton walk away from it too.

Last edited:

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Fear that he could make a real difference when they come to Old Trafford in April, typically the game with the scousers is only two days away so can safely say that someone new to the club won't be involved that soon. Think I find hard to get my head around is if this deal was so complex then why didn't Brighton walk away from it too.
Wasn’t it mooted that he’d be going on loan? He won’t displace Bissouma quickly though

hubbuh

Wasn’t it mooted that he’d be going on loan? He won’t displace Bissouma quickly though
Bissouma is the reason why it feels like an odd move to me, unless they see them as being able to play together. I can't see how he ever gets game time otherwise. The window is shut now so I'm assuming he'll be in and amongst the squad for the remainder of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.