Moises Caicedo | Signs for Brighton

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoPace

Play in the Prem vs play in u23s and probably get loaned to League One. Actually scratch that as we didn't even bid for him.

If he plays well for Brighton he will move anywhere he wants.
Would also note that Brighton is a particularly inviting place to showcase the kind of player Caicedo is said to be, a passing #8, what with Potter's style of play, them using 3 CBs and having Bissouma as a partner.

Bondi77

Play in the Prem vs play in u23s and probably get loaned to League One. Actually scratch that as we didn't even bid for him.

If he plays well for Brighton he will move anywhere he wants.
And if he is good enough to play in the Premier league for any team then he will be a good player regardless, I am interested to see how it works out and Brighton is a nice part of the world anyway.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I totally disagree. There are some exceptions but when he says something will happen it usually does. I've found him to be literally the only useful journalist out there for speculation. In general they are so transparently lying. Romano seems to have some agent links and gets am agent's view on things.
Romano is very careful in fully committing himself and he'll make sure to always leave an e-way for him to escape with his reputation intact. Those examples are typical from him.

- "United aren't looking to sign any new players in January unless there's a good deal to be made" - that covers both scenarios (ie United buying new players and United not buying new players)
- "United are in control of Caicedo's transfer. However they need to decide whether they want to sign another kid or not" - once again that covers both scenarios (United buying Moises and United not buying Moises)
- "In my opinion United will be very interested in Jadon Sancho for next year, however I think there will be competition for him and its possible they would shift their target to Haaland" - as said it covers both scenarios, we might or might not buy Jadon
- "Pogba wants to leave United but football can be unpredictable and he might still be a United player after next summer" - Classic Romano once again, covering all options again.

So sure he's always going to be right because there's no possible scenarios when he can be wrong.

Its like saying if Crashoutcassius tells a redcafe mod to feck off then there's a real possibility that he's going to be permanent banned. However mods in redcafe tend to be great people so they might opt for a short term ban, a warning or even take it as banter. Mods are in control over the situation and they might decide either way.

Does that mean that I have inside information about how redcafe works? No.

Transfers are multi million deals. It involve a horde of people each with their own agenda/ego and those involved in a deal know that it takes very little for a deal to go tits up in the last hours of a deal made. Things as trivial as buying a luxury car or an apartment to the player's dad in the dying hours of a deal can be enough to sway a deal from one side to another. So for a deal to succeed there need to be all hands on deck to react quickly to any counter offer coming in from other clubs and to calm down any anxiety of those involved. I refuse to believe that someone like Judge or someone like Mino Raiola would keep a 26 something Italian milk sop updated so that he can relay this inside information to the likes of Howson or Mark Goldbridge. It ain't happening.

Last edited:

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Romano is very careful in fully committing himself and he'll make sure to always leave an e-way for him to escape with his reputation intact. Those examples are typical from him.

- "United aren't looking to sign any new players in January unless there's a good deal to be made" - that covers both scenarios (ie United buying new players and United not buying new players)
- "United are in control of Caicedo's transfer. However they need to decide whether they want to sign another kid or not" - once again that covers both scenarios (United buying Moises and United not buying Moises)
- "In my opinion United will be very interested in Jadon Sancho for next year, however I think there will be competition for him and its possible they would shift their target to Haaland" - as said it covers both scenarios, we might or might not buy Jadon
- "Pogba wants to leave United but football can be unpredictable and he might still be a United player after next summer" - Classic Romano once again, covering all options again.

So sure he's always going to be right because there's no possible scenarios when he can be wrong.

Its like saying if Crashoutcassius tells a redcafe mod to feck off then there's a real possibility that he's going to be permanent banned. However mods in redcafe tend to be great people so they might opt for a short term ban, a warning or even take it as banter. Mods are in control over the situation and they might decide either way.

Transfers are multi million deals. It involve a horde of people each with their own agenda/ego and those involved in a deal know that it takes very little for a deal to go tits up in the last hours of a deal made. Things as trivial as buying a luxury car or an apartment to the player's dad in the dying hours of a deal can be enough to sway a deal from one side to another. So for a deal to succeed there need to be all hands on deck to react quickly to any counter offer coming in from other clubs and to calm down any anxiety of those involved. I refuse to believe that someone like Judge or someone like Mino Raiola would keep a 26 something Italian milk sop updated so that he can relay this inside information to the likes of Howson or Mark Goldbridge. It ain't happening.
Yup. Also any excuse to put the links to us so they get the online traffic which is what it's really about for them.

loki

Broke 1000 posts 5 years ago. Slow going since
If Brighton turns out to be the only club does the deal, we should realize there must have enough reason many big clubs give it a pass.
This reminds me of the Kompany links we had back in the day, and for sure I think both us and other big clubs were interested but he chose instead to move to Hamburg as a middle stepping stone. If Caicedo wants to come to us or another big club in the Premier league its a good call to move to a lower team in the league first that will play him than have to sit in U23s and on bench for a top side

3KDré

I don’t understand why we couldn’t have bought him and loaned him out to Brighton?

Gopher Brown

I don’t understand why we couldn’t have bought him and loaned him out to Brighton?
Because the player and Brighton have a say in what happens to them? It’s not our god-given right just to do what we want with human beings.

UmbroDays

If he was cheap enough just take the chance on him if the scouts were right (internal and external) and if he’s under £15m

If he’s good and has proven himself in the premier league with whatever team, then it will definitely be a big financial deal and I’m sure the likes of Madrid, PSG, etc will be sniffing around too

When I look at South American talents, it seems continental European teams take much bigger risks and have larger payoffs than British teams.

It’s not just “if he really wants to play for us”, it’s what’s good for his professional career, who showed belief in him and if we’re missing out on him until he proves himself, then that doesn’t show belief in the lad.

I still laugh at people who say Haaland is using BVB as a stepping stone before coming to United. It’s purely delusional

edit* for £5.5 you take the risk man. Dump the deadwood and take the risk.

we might just want to wait until he proves himself in the league then snap him up, no big deal.

if he really wants to play for us then it’ll happen.

Last edited:

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
If he was cheap enough just take the chance on him if the scouts were right (internal and external) and if he’s under £15m

If he’s good and has proven himself in the premier league with whatever team, then it will definitely be a big financial deal and I’m sure the likes of Madrid, PSG, etc will be sniffing around too

When I look at South American talents, it seems continental European teams take much bigger risks and have larger payoffs than British teams.

It’s not just “if he really wants to play for us”, it’s what’s good for his professional career, who showed belief in him and if we’re missing out on him until he proves himself, then that doesn’t show belief in the lad.

I still laugh at people who say Haaland is using BVB as a stepping stone before coming to United. It’s purely delusional
If he was good enough we’d of signed him.

obviously it’s not a simple or easy deal to make, the multiple agents and demands are making it a complex deal which we aren’t interested in.

you say just sign him but we can’t even fit him in the squad, the registered number is full. The guy obviously wants to play regularly and not sit on the bench, we can’t give him the game time.

he might go ahead and be a star and we can buy him then, or he might be a complete flop and struggle to adjust? Who knows?

most people hadn’t even heard of him a month ago so let’s not pretend like we’re missing out on the next vi

3KDré

Because the player and Brighton have a say in what happens to them? It’s not our god-given right just to do what we want with human beings.
Maybe because Brighton didn't want to help develop someone else's player?
I understand that I meant a team like Brighton. I am sure we could have found someone for him to be loaned to if he wanted game time now.

UmbroDays

If he was good enough we’d of signed him.

obviously it’s not a simple or easy deal to make, the multiple agents and demands are making it a complex deal which we aren’t interested in.

you say just sign him but we can’t even fit him in the squad, the registered number is full. The guy obviously wants to play regularly and not sit on the bench, we can’t give him the game time.

he might go ahead and be a star and we can buy him then, or he might be a complete flop and struggle to adjust? Who knows?

most people hadn’t even heard of him a month ago so let’s not pretend like we’re missing out on the next vi
There are also a number of players who were good enough that we didn't sign!

If he wants to play full-time football then fair enough, we cannot squeeze him in right now, but on the flip side if he did want to play for us as much as was being reported, then he would come and sit on the bench for a season or so - rather than go to another team completely and then potentially never come to United.

Again, if the scouting report looked good, he is eager to play for us and even checks the box with Valencia, then £5.5m is pennies to us if he doesn't work out VS paying £40m+ for him in 2-3 years.

Yeah we didn't hear about him, but that's because the amount of players in the world are immense and we're not obviously going to hear about every talent in every corner of the world. If its agents and other nonsense fueling us not buying him then fair play. I've just been doing some reading and watching (far from a scout) and I feel that this is one that will bite us in the behind in a few years time; either financially by buying him later for much more or strategically by him moving to a competitor.

He shows decent talent and I'm not saying he's going to be the next xyzzy, but he shows more potential than what we have coming through at the moment.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Nothing concrete on the Brighton message boards.

Pretty much echoes ours TBF; lots of speculation and quotes from Vickery but the club are saying nothing.

Further news suggests that Potter wants to trim his squad so I'm not seeing the sense in spending money on Caicedo unless he can ship out a few

Last edited:

Crashoutcassius

Again you aren't saying anything wrong. Except lots of times he says a deal is done and uses certain language and those times he is right more often than not. Other journos say a deal is done and it is pure chance if it comes through. Romano is just the step before official but I still find that useful even if one in 10 are wrong

Inigo Montoya

There are also a number of players who were good enough that we didn't sign!

If he wants to play full-time football then fair enough, we cannot squeeze him in right now, but on the flip side if he did want to play for us as much as was being reported, then he would come and sit on the bench for a season or so - rather than go to another team completely and then potentially never come to United.

Again, if the scouting report looked good, he is eager to play for us and even checks the box with Valencia, then £5.5m is pennies to us if he doesn't work out VS paying £40m+ for him in 2-3 years.

Yeah we didn't hear about him, but that's because the amount of players in the world are immense and we're not obviously going to hear about every talent in every corner of the world. If its agents and other nonsense fueling us not buying him then fair play. I've just been doing some reading and watching (far from a scout) and I feel that this is one that will bite us in the behind in a few years time; either financially by buying him later for much more or strategically by him moving to a competitor.

He shows decent talent and I'm not saying he's going to be the next xyzzy, but he shows more potential than what we have coming through at the moment.
I remember we were in for xyzzy but decided against it

PS: how do you know we don't have anyone coming through? Just curious

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Nothing concrete on the Brighton message boards.

Pretty much echoes ours TBF; lots of speculation and quotes from Vickery but the club are saying nothing.

Further news suggests that Potter wants to trim his squad so I'm not seeing the sense in spending money on Caicedo unless he can ship out a few
I hope.
Would love it if we get him now :lol:

UmbroDays

I remember we were in for xyzzy but decided against it

PS: how do you know we don't have anyone coming through? Just curious
:lol:

On the 2nd part: Just in terms of Under-23's that are internationals and playing 1st team games and with the same amount of "potential" promise (which is qualative). How you judge IVD vs Championship or League 1 teams is another story. Traore looks solid though

Last edited:

Inigo Montoya

:lol:

On the 2nd part: Just in terms of Under-23's that are internationals and playing 1st team games and with the same amount of "potential" promise (which is qualative). How you judge IVD vs Championship or League 1 teams is another story.
On the latter, we aren't judging Caicedo in terms of IDV and the Ecuador league TBF. We are judging him on the promise his shown in international matches and in the context of other young SA talents

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Starting to be reported in the Mail and by media in his country that its Brighton. Had a feeling itd be west ham myself, but a "lesser" side nonetheless.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Brighton are probably going down anyway - so 6 months in the premier league to adjust and then we can sign him if he looks decent.

I doubt He’ll be better than bissouma to start with anyway.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Maybe we’re going to sign Bissouma from Brighton, as suggested by myself a while back, with Brighton getting his replacement in first.

Irrational.

Regardless of where he goes, it would just be typical of us to turn our nose up at signing him for £5.5 million, only to pay that amount on his agent’s fee in a couple of years.

RUCK4444

The penny still hovers waiting to drop? :D

Well Romano worked with and came up under Di Marzio, who had a similar if not even better reputation for being reliable, was proven to be a bullsh*ter and Romano does the exact same as Di Marzio. He jumps on the bandwagon whilst being completely vague and avoiding over committing to a transfer.

He claims to have the inside knowledge on every single transfer exactly the same as Di Marzio did. He was proven wrong last summer and is too wrapped up in his following and being some type of transfer guru, just look at his trail of tweets on the Caicedo transfer, its blatant to see.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
The penny still hovers waiting to drop? :D

Well Romano worked with and came up under Di Marzio, who had a similar if not even better reputation for being reliable, was proven to be a bullsh*ter and Romano does the exact same as Di Marzio. He jumps on the bandwagon whilst being completely vague and avoiding over committing to a transfer.

He claims to have the inside knowledge on every single transfer exactly the same as Di Marzio did. He was proven wrong last summer and is too wrapped up in his following and being some type of transfer guru, just look at his trail of tweets on the Caicedo transfer, its blatant to see.
I mean, Di Marzio is the oracle when it comes to italian clubs/players/agents

This whole witch hunt to prove transfer journos are bullshitters is so weird to me

RUCK4444

I mean, Di Marzio is the oracle when it comes to italian clubs/players/agents

This whole witch hunt to prove transfer journos are bullshitters is so weird to me
It would make sense that he’s decent on Italian transfer news.

That would be fine. It’s when both of them claim to know about every single transfer story.

If they lie about one thing surely you have to question anything you read from them? So why is it weird?

We should question it rather than blindly follow them like sheep when they both have blatantly claimed to be itk on every single transfer.

This place is whipped into a frenzy whenever this blag artist tweets about a transfer.

PoTMS

Why not buy him and loan him to Brighton? He's obviously very highly rated and for £5m it's a no brainer even if he flops. This club sometimes.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Di Marzio and Romano are both good journos for Italian football and I'd say reliable. Di Marzio has got a few wrong (mostly non Serie A transfers) but I don't believe he's ever taken someone else's info as his own which is unlike Romano who I believe has been doing just that and has been called out on Twitter for taking someone else's info as his own.

I agree with @Judas that Romano is getting greedy.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
It would make sense that he’s decent on Italian transfer news.
He's not decent. If he reports something it's nearly as good as the clubs or agents speaking

If they lie about one thing surely you have to question anything you read from them?
It's the nature of the job. You can choose to question, them, or believe them, it doesn't really matter until a transfer is official/not happening. Their job is to get information from people informed of what is going on and report that. Nobody's ever going to know everything about every transfer and always be reliable on every single transfer. Hells, the nature of their job means at times their sources will deliberately lie to them

So why is it weird?

We should question it rather than blindly follow them like sheep when they both have blatantly claimed to be itk on every single transfer.

This place is whipped into a frenzy whenever this blag artist tweets about a transfer.
Because it is. At least to me. Why would people get so hung up about following transfer news...

Adnan

Talent Spotter
We don't know how serious the club was about signing the player. Maybe the interest wasn't serious at all or we pulled out due to having a different target. But I don't believe we missed out on anything because everything to do with this potential transfer is very vague.

Brighton would actually be a good move for the player and he's gone on record and said he'd like to go to a smaller club before he jumps into the deep end. So from the players perspective it's better for him to go straight to Brighton rather than be loaned out by a parent club.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Brighton would be as good a choice you can make as a stepping stone if he’s trying to get to United down the line. He gets to “prove himself” in the same league, settle in the same country, play in a team that doesn’t park the bus, and for a club that most likely won’t price him out of a future big move (as opposed to clubs like West Ham/Leicester/Villa/Everton).

If all his quotes we read throughout this saga are true (that he wants to get to United but only when he’s ready) then I wouldn’t rule out the possibility that we were in for him but he wanted to take a smaller step first. If that is the case then fair play to the lad, he’s got some balls.
Spot on.

tomaldinho1

I applaud you for giving a serious reply to that question.

Imagining Ole on the phone to Potter: ‘I’ve got an incredible deal for you...’

Status
Not open for further replies.