Moises Caicedo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giggsy13

Pretty certain Brighton will slap an £80 million price tag on Caicedo. This is what happens when you have yes men in high places running your football club. No leverage in negotiations and leaving it late to the window. Pathetic.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
I watch our games and seriously believe that some amateur teams who train once a week look more organised. We don’t have any identity playing as a team. Every game it looks like these players don’t know eachother abilities or strengths and have just met on the pitch for the first time.
That is not true. I still remember how you guys played under LVG in preseason and I was extremely impressed.

Manchester United Teamplay|Passing|Compilation Pre-Season 14/15 (HD) - YouTube

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
1:18 Luke Shaw actually running with the ball and not doing his chubby lad jog thing that he does. :eek:

What alien fecking planet was this recorded on?
The same De Gea as goalie, and the same philosophy about pass out from the back and keep possession, and a left foot Daly Blind as LCB/LB/DM for Man Utd. Blind is 1.8m/5'11" tall.

UTAretro

Supports
Brighton
Pretty certain Brighton will slap an £80 million price tag on Caicedo. This is what happens when you have yes men in high places running your football club. No leverage in negotiations and leaving it late to the window. Pathetic.
We don’t slap price tags on players, we simply reject bids until they become impossible to decline financially. Anything you read in the press about “Brighton demanding X figure” is clickbait nonsense.

c gull

Supports
Brighton
What i am going to say in this post is going to upset some of you but here goes

Whilst you may be the biggest club in the world fan base wise and merchadise wise alot of your fan base are living on past glory. Infact at the moment Man United are a basket case of a club and along way away from being able to compete against City and Liverpool.
I would be suprised if we were to sell him to you, but if we were you would be looking at £100m plus.

Would Caicedo want to go to you at this time, you are a club in crises. If he had gone to you earlier before comming to us imo he would not be as good. IMO Brighton are a better prospect. Better set up, far better manager than Ten Bob, and an owner who not only is a fan from childhood but an owner who loves the club.

Superunknown

Not sure if this is a genuine question but I'll take a stab at answering.

The obvious answer is we don't even have an average set up football wise, forget about getting to their level of competence.

You need scouting/technical director/manager to be on the same page to begin with. Then if they are good we can identify and develop talents. Here we are unable to sign an attacker after knowing 8 months ago we are going to lose Cavani/Mata/Linagrd and unable to sign a single CM after losing Matic/Pogba from an already awful CM. We fired our chief scout, have a new DOF who seems to the worst around and a new manager.

At the best of times if you have all 3 above, being a big club means expectations which can be a big challenge to developing young players anyway.

Bottomline what you are asking is a pipe dream. Not going to happen while Glazers are in charge.
Think you're right with most, if not all, of that. The (lack of) setup that we have is very concerning, both in terms of identifying players and then bringing players into the club. We've really pratted about in this last decade and have caused a huge mess in this area.

Giggsy13

We don’t slap price tags on players, we simply reject bids until they become impossible to decline financially. Anything you read in the press about “Brighton demanding X figure” is clickbait nonsense.
What do you think Caicedo is worth taking into account United's desperation and Brighton's position where they do not necessarily need to sell?

UTAretro

Supports
Brighton
What do you think Caicedo is worth taking into account United's desperation and Brighton's position where they do not necessarily need to sell?
In my opinion, based on the fact the season has already started, Brighton have no desire to sell another key player (who is himself already a replacement for Bissouma) and there is no time to replace him. He has three years left on his contract, is 20 years old and about to play in a World Cup, after which his value could rocket even higher. Brighton have pocketed another £90m in fees this summer, so there is no need to sell anyone.

I would guess it would take £60m - £80m - but I honestly think there is no way he will go anywhere this summer at least. He is a first team regular leading up to a World Cup campaign, plus an international colleague Pervis Estupiñán (24 year old wingback, Tim Vickery described as the best in South America) has just signed for around £17m.

If Caicedo has an amazing tournament for Ecuador and continues his form throughout the season with us, realistically I can see his value being even higher next summer. Upwards of £80m even.

Laimer is a much more realistic target this summer at least and would be a huge improvement on McFred.

Conor

In my opinion, based on the fact the season has already started, Brighton have no desire to sell another key player (who is himself already a replacement for Bissouma) and there is no time to replace him. He has three years left on his contract, is 20 years old and about to play in a World Cup, after which his value could rocket even higher. Brighton have pocketed another £90m in fees this summer, so there is no need to sell anyone.

I would guess it would take £60m - £80m - but I honestly think there is no way he will go anywhere this summer at least. He is a first team regular leading up to a World Cup campaign, plus an international colleague Pervis Estupiñán (24 year old wingback, Tim Vickery described as the best in South America) has just signed for around £17m.

If Caicedo has an amazing tournament for Ecuador and continues his form throughout the season with us, realistically I can see his value being even higher next summer. Upwards of £80m even.

Laimer is a much more realistic target this summer at least and would be a huge improvement on McFred.
:lol:

blackhawk747

Supports
Carrick FC
Dont know where you have your info from but completely wrong. This was Bissouma replacement. We talk about him being a flop, dont think so. £150m+
He was only being integrated back in april and no way he has shown to worth that kind of money.
This rumor is basically a makeup story to show how incompetent United is because Caicedo was being linked to United a year ago.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
What is there to laugh about, have you forgot how much they sold white for.
The little red and white flag next to his name was half the price. 80M is "i played in the CL and being linked to Real, Bayern, City" territory. Not the same club but same was true for Maguire.
The English tax is real, Caicedo will probably go for 40+ if he confirms his potential. At the moment it's not really in anyone's interest to do something about it.
Imagine he asks for a transfer, United has to pay feck you money to get him out late in the window. Welcome to United, 20y old Moises, take that mental fee on your shoulders and save Manchester's midfield with the help of Fred. Recipe for disaster.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine

Ah yes Tim Vickery, the same guy that claimed Pellistri was like David Silva! :lol:

Also the same guy that's been destroying Encisco in the press.

Caicedo isn't going anywhere yet, he'll be at Chelsea within a few seasons I'd imagine.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
The little red and white flag next to his name was half the price. 80M is "i played in the CL and being linked to Real, Bayern, City" territory. Not the same club but same was true for Maguire.
The English tax is real, Caicedo will probably go for 40+ if he confirms his potential. At the moment it's not really in anyone's interest to do something about it.
Imagine he asks for a transfer, United has to pay feck you money to get him out late in the window. Welcome to United, 20y old Moises, take that mental fee on your shoulders and save Manchester's midfield with the help of Fred. Recipe for disaster.
I genuinely don't know, the price tags have kinda became ridiculous at this point, while he probably ends up going for much less than that, I won't be surprised if the price him that much if has a truly great season.

And about that second part, yeah doubt they'd sell him this late in the window, he probably won't fancy it either.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
What i am going to say in this post is going to upset some of you but here goes

Whilst you may be the biggest club in the world fan base wise and merchadise wise alot of your fan base are living on past glory. Infact at the moment Man United are a basket case of a club and along way away from being able to compete against City and Liverpool.
Why would it upset anyone? Have you read the Caf? Everyone knows this :lol:

Kostov

It would be total circus show to go and buy him for enormous amount of money, after we passed on him in the winter for peanuts.

goalscholes

I've followed Estupinan's career pretty closely. He has all the makings of a very good WB (maybe even top 4), but I think the best SA WB is quite a stretch.

avgp_1

Would Caicedo want to go to you at this time, you are a club in crises. If he had gone to you earlier before comming to us imo he would not be as good. IMO Brighton are a better prospect. Better set up, far better manager than Ten Bob, and an owner who not only is a fan from childhood but an owner who loves the club.
From Brighton? I think he would. No offence Brighton are doing wonderfully well and are a solid side but the player would still prefer to be here over Brighton.

Unless there is a chance to join City, Chelsea, Pool etc next year and he has a choice to stay and move there next year.

Giggsy13

What is there to laugh about, have you forgot how much they sold white for.
Or Cucurella? Brighton will hold the club to ransom and rightfully so. Murtough and Arnold have fecked the window and now any selling club will make us pay over the top for it.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
From Brighton? I think he would. No offence Brighton are doing wonderfully well and are a solid side but the player would still prefer to be here over Brighton.

Unless there is a chance to join City, Chelsea, Pool etc next year and he has a choice to stay and move there next year.
I believe he would jump on the chance to join Man Utd, and Brighton will sell if the money is right. The late in the window will have a big impact on the fee obviously.

UTAretro

Supports
Brighton
People are still saying £40m. *shakes head*. This really is a carbon copy of the Cucurella/White threads on their clubs respective forums. I remember reading from several posts from Leeds fans saying how lucky we were a big club like Leeds were willing to pay £20m for Ben White. A season later he goes for £50m.

Manchester City fans were genuinely perplexed that Brighton were rejecting £25m for Cucurella because they’re the champions and we are “just Brighton”.

It is astonishing that people continue to recite what they’d like to pay “considering it’s Brighton” rather than the realities of what it actually costs to buy the best players of a mid table Premier League team.

I’d expect better from Manchester United fans in particular, you as well as anyone know it’s not 1999/2000 any more. That was 22 years ago. You aren’t the club you were and neither are Brighton.

We aren’t rivalling Rochdale and Scunthorpe any more for journeymen free transfers in League Two. We are signing some of the best prospects all over the globe, giving them a chance to shine, then selling them to whoever breaks the bank to get them.

I know posts get buried and I won’t keep repeating myself after this, but Caicedo for anything below £60m is simply not going to happen.

SaboTaj

People are still saying £40m. *shakes head*. This really is a carbon copy of the Cucurella/White threads on their clubs respective forums. I remember reading from several posts from Leeds fans saying how lucky we were a big club like Leeds were willing to pay £20m for Ben White. A season later he goes for £50m.

Manchester City fans were genuinely perplexed that Brighton were rejecting £25m for Cucurella because they’re the champions and we are “just Brighton”.

It is astonishing that people continue to recite what they’d like to pay “considering it’s Brighton” rather than the realities of what it actually costs to buy the best players of a mid table Premier League team.

I’d expect better from Manchester United fans in particular, you as well as anyone know it’s not 1999/2000 any more. That was 22 years ago. You aren’t the club you were and neither are Brighton.

We aren’t rivalling Rochdale and Scunthorpe any more for journeymen free transfers in League Two. We are signing some of the best prospects all over the globe, giving them a chance to shine, then selling them to whoever breaks the bank to get them.

I know posts get buried and I won’t keep repeating myself after this, but Caicedo for anything below £60m is simply not going to happen.
There’s a slight difference though between White/Cucurella and Caicedo. Both Cucurella and White played in a majority of games for at least a season at Brighton (and did pretty well). Caicedo only featured in 8 games last season, he therefore has a smaller body of work (but arguably a higher ceiling).

Marwood

Personally I think he looks a bit basic on the ball. Think the hype has ballooned with Brighton giving us a good beating. But everyone looks great against us right now.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Brighton lost to Brentford but it seems Caicedo had a very good game playing in a midfield two from what's being reported. His ball retention, passing from a deeper role and his ability to win duels was very evident in a deeper role next to MacAllister in a midfield two. I think he's showing the potential to develop into a deeper more disciplined role which could make him an even more interesting prospect for any team who is looking to strengthen at the base of midfield by adding more on the ball control as well as the energy and intensity off the ball to control the defensive transition.

I'm quite intrigued to see how Caicedo evolves in the coming months and if he could transition into a deeper lying midfield role permanently in the PL. And if he could then that opens up the possibility of playing a deep roaming midfielder or two either side of him in a 433 formation.

Vapor trail

I didn't mind signing Casemiro but I do wonder if we'll wish we picked him up instead in hindsight. Now we have Casemiro I doubt we'll get Caicedo, unfortunately. Can see him at Chelsea, seems nailed on for me.
The only issue for me with the Casemiro and Eriksen signings are the ages for the said reason of missing out on talent that could contribute to multiple years in caps.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
I didn't mind signing Casemiro but I do wonder if we'll wish we picked him up instead in hindsight. Now we have Casemiro I doubt we'll get Caicedo, unfortunately. Can see him at Chelsea, seems nailed on for me.
I bet Vickery will be saying 'I told you so' to every United fan or club official he meets.

Deery

Dreary
It must just be me but I never notice much of this guy playing but does seem to get glowing reports.

Ekeke

It must just be me but I never notice much of this guy playing but does seem to get glowing reports.
Seems a tough one to work out

He stands out for Brighton as the guy in midfield with twice as much intensity as the rest going in hard to win the ball with tackles. Then some good passing going forward. And he also had a really good shot that was tipped over the bar in this previous match

If you missed all of that watching the last game then I think you have a really big problem

WirralRed

This kind of position doesn’t stand out the same as an attacker or box to box, he goes about winning the ball back, blocking passes and keeps the ball moving, he dose have a very good shot on him as well but that’s not what his game is about.

Deery

Dreary
Seems a tough one to work out

He stands out for Brighton as the guy in midfield with twice as much intensity as the rest going in hard to win the ball with tackles. Then some good passing going forward. And he also had a really good shot that was tipped over the bar in this previous match

If you missed all of that watching the last game then I think you have a really big problem
Why so angry? Is everything alright at home? Jeez!

Deery

Dreary
This kind of position doesn’t stand out the same as an attacker or box to box, he goes about winning the ball back, blocking passes and keeps the ball moving, he dose have a very good shot on him as well but that’s not what his game is about.
I’ve seen him throw in the odd tackle and run about a bit, just haven’t noticed him that much tbh.

There’s a kid playing for Southampton that stands out more.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I've just watched his highlights from yesterday and it does look like he was utilised as the most positionally disciplined midfielder in the team. And it seems like he's building up a reputation that he's very difficult to dribble past, which is a good trait to have in defensive transition on top of his other identifiable defensive traits which have already been mentioned in this thread.

But on top of his off the ball game, he's also showing the ability to be capable on the ball and I've noticed he's comfortable making passes with either foot. I think from what I've seen thus far, he's a midfielder who could possibly be bought to play as the deepest lying midfielder or can play next to a DM like Casemiro in the defensive third, and hence get forward and support the attackers as a box to box #8.

It'll be interesting to see how he develops in his time at Brighton but he does look like a interesting prospect who has the ability to both play as a deep lying, positionally disciplined midfielder or a box to box #8. I think that provides tactical flexibility and hence solutions for a Coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.