Moises Caicedo | Chelsea agree £115M fee | signed for Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

bosskeano

this is a no brainer to buy this kid if de Jong doesn't come off which clearly seems to be the case

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
If Rice cost 100m+, then Caicedo will cost similar or even more?
Caicedo won't be sold unless you put in a stupid mega bid of 80M or upwards and even then I'm not sure we'd let him go at this point in the window.

I also think he is being over rated here a bit off the back of some admittedly very good performances. He didn't join our first team until Jan this year, he was on loan in Belgium before that, he only started playing regularly in March this year. He has looked great so far, but it is only a few games and he is very very young still.

He is not going to come in and revolutionise your team. He does well for us as he is developing in a team that is settled, united and very well drilled. Put him into the chaos that is your midfield at the moment and he may sink rather than swim.

Casemiro is a much better option for you, he has the proven experience and mentality to hopefully raise your game.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Caicedo won't be sold unless you put in a stupid mega bid of 80M or upwards and even then I'm not sure we'd let him go at this point in the window.

I also think he is being over rated here a bit off the back of some admittedly very good performances. He didn't join our first team until Jan this year, he was on loan in Belgium before that, he only started playing regularly in March this year. He has looked great so far, but it is only a few games and he is very very young still.

He is not going to come in and revolutionise your team. He does well for us as he is developing in a team that is settled, united and very well drilled. Put him into the chaos that is your midfield at the moment and he may sink rather than swim.

Casemiro is a much better option for you, he has the proven experience and mentality to hopefully raise your game.
Your response is to a Arsenal fan.

c gull

Supports
Brighton
I assume Woodward pulled the plug on the 4million deal.

One thing you need to realise is that the reason you walked aeay from the deal is that it was a complicated one, from what i know he had 3 agents, 3 different people/groups holding his registration. What made it easier for Brighton was the fact that we had akready done a deal like this in Billy Arce from Equador.
The Caicedo deal was the same but because of Brighton having dealt with this kind of deal they knew how to progress with it. Im sure if you lot had tried to get the deal done im sure you fans would have been saying forget it due to the time it was taken.

Yes Caicedo has been outstanding i the 11 games he has played for Brighton, and remember he is Bissoumas replacement any offer for him this late in the window would have to be a mega amount, much more that what he is worth now. The risk to you is if he was to sign at this moment would he play the same as he is now, no disrespect but looking from the outside you seem to be a club of individuals with fans who require success immediately but as to Brigjton work as a team. We also have 2 other Equadorian players to help with him.

If he continues to shine and stays with us and has a good World cup his price is only going to go up.

Theo88

One thing you need to realise is that the reason you walked aeay from the deal is that it was a complicated one, from what i know he had 3 agents, 3 different people/groups holding his registration. What made it easier for Brighton was the fact that we had akready done a deal like this in Billy Arce from Equador.
The Caicedo deal was the same but because of Brighton having dealt with this kind of deal they knew how to progress with it. Im sure if you lot had tried to get the deal done im sure you fans would have been saying forget it due to the time it was taken.

Yes Caicedo has been outstanding i the 11 games he has played for Brighton, and remember he is Bissoumas replacement any offer for him this late in the window would have to be a mega amount, much more that what he is worth now. The risk to you is if he was to sign at this moment would he play the same as he is now, no disrespect but looking from the outside you seem to be a club of individuals with fans who require success immediately but as to Brigjton work as a team. We also have 2 other Equadorian players to help with him.

If he continues to shine and stays with us and has a good World cup his price is only going to go up.

are you the lad that went out a few days ago and said you have outpriced us on Caicedo ? :lol:
to be honest after the game this month i wouldnt even challenge that anymore.

Since you seem to know the guy and probably follow him a lot, can you please explain to an idiot like meself, what is it he excels at and what is it he plays as? Is he a Box to Box? Can he shoot? Is he a deep lying player? Can this guy defend well?

Everyone seems to be hyping him up a lot i'm just curious to understand what it is he offers.

c gull

Supports
Brighton
are you the lad that went out a few days ago and said you have outpriced us on Caicedo ? :lol:
to be honest after the game this month i wouldnt even challenge that anymore.

Since you seem to know the guy and probably follow him a lot, can you please explain to an idiot like meself, what is it he excels at and what is it he plays as? Is he a Box to Box? Can he shoot? Is he a deep lying player? Can this guy defend well?

Everyone seems to be hyping him up a lot i'm just curious to understand what it is he offers.
I was the one who said £100m+ . This is because we dont need to sell and dont want to, so the only real chance of keeping him is to try and price him out of a move. Tim Vickery did say when we got him that if he was Brazillian he wiukd be 10× the £4m we paid for him.

Remember he is still a raw talent, a bit like Bissouma was, im a season ticket holder at Brighton so i can only say on what i have seen of him at home games and on TV. however i did miss that game last season when he scored his first goal. That shot did not look exactly well hit but it went in. The way we are using him as a DM, from both games against you he broke up your attacks very well and has not looked out of place. I think the last game last season home to West Ham was his best performance, again yesterday he kept Rice out of the game. He seems to kniw where to be at the right time, he is quick and when he winsvthe ball back he is looking to get us going forward. Box to box no i dont think so.

The way he is progressing in this short period in my opinion he will be one of the best DM around. What Bissouma achieved in 2 years Caicedo has done that in 12 games. Hope this answers your questions

mu4c_20le

Still can't believe we found him first, then decided not to go through with it because it was too complicated.

You couldn't make this up.

Stadjer

Still can't believe we found him first, then decided not to go through with it because it was too complicated.

I dont think we 'found him first'. I think most clubs know about all talented players around the world. He was even in last year football manager as a talented player.

Davie Moyes

Have you not read c_gull's post just a bit up the page explaining the complicated nature of the deal and how only Brighton pursued it due them having recent experience of dealing with a similar issue / same agents? It was reported at the time the complications were the reason other interested clubs backed away.

mu4c_20le

Have you not read c_gull's post just a bit up the page explaining the complicated nature of the deal and how only Brighton pursued it due them having recent experience of dealing with a similar issue / same agents? It was reported at the time the complications were the reason other interested clubs backed away.
David mate, we were just trying to sign a player from Ecuador, not broker a peace treaty in the Middle East

avgp_1

He bossed it against everyone's golden boy Declan Rice yesterday
Not really.. Rice was ok, just doesnt have the explosiveness that some would believe.

It was Mac Allister who ran the show yesterday. Caicedo did his bit of being strong positionally and he was mostly against Souchek. It was a decent performance nothing special from him. But that Brighton team is very very fluid at times

luke511

David mate, we were just trying to sign a player from Ecuador, not broker a peace treaty in the Middle East
At what point does a player transfer become too complicated for a multi billion pound club/business? :lol: I don’t think I’ve ever heard it as an excuse not to sign a player before, it just screams incompetence.

izec

At what point does a player transfer become too complicated for a multi billion pound club/business? :lol: I don’t think I’ve ever heard it as an excuse not to sign a player before, it just screams incompetence.
Of course it does, especially when Brighton signed him. We dont have a bigger obstacle, we play in the same league and country. Complicated is just an excuse, that was not valid the moment Brighton signed him.

red thru&thru

I'm convinced he wouldn't have been as good if he had come to us. We would have ruined confidence from the outset.

I genuinely believe we won't get to where we need to, till the Glazers leave.

Davie Moyes

:lol: Fair point mate. I remember reading about multiple agents, third party stuff at the time, which may have been why it was deemed complicated. I think there are several other interested clubs also that pulled out at the time.

Teja

We passed on a player and he turned out good. Big deal, it happened before, it'll happen again. Don't me miserable about it.

Unless you're an expert at how agent-player interactions work in Ecuador, you can't really comment here. There's plenty of fecked up stuff that happens when players come from Africa to France for example. No idea if south / central america is that intense but I assume at the very least part ownership interest from multiple parties (agents, clubs etc.)

Who knows what's in his Brighton contract? Maybe they promised one of his agents a sell-on fee to buy him out.

captaincantona

We passed on a player and he turned out good. Big deal, it happened before, it'll happen again. Don't me miserable about it.

Unless you're an expert at how agent-player interactions work in Ecuador, you can't really comment here. There's plenty of fecked up stuff that happens when players come from Africa to France for example. No idea if south / central america is that intense but I assume at the very least part ownership interest from multiple parties (agents, clubs etc.)

Who knows what's in his Brighton contract? Maybe they promised one of his agents a sell-on fee to buy him out.
Also…don’t discount the sort of Bellingham situation…that guy has only developed as much as he has because he chose Dortmund, was trusted, and given proper playing time with strong first team players around him. Same could be said for Sancho at Dortmund compared to the minutes he would have gotten at City.

Had Caicedo come to us, he would not have developed and adapted in the same way he as at Brighton. He would have been loaned out most probably - see Amad and Pellistri who were rated even higher than this kid. We are simply not very good at developing young players which is particularly sad considering our history.

Status
Not open for further replies.