Moises Caicedo | Chelsea agree £115M fee | signed for Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irrational.

I’m fed up to the back teeth of our shitstain scouting and transfer department being late to the party with signings yet again. Yes let’s just wait a year until his transfer value goes up tenfold. Who’s next? Haaland for £200 million? Rice for £150 million? Matheus Nunes next year for £80 million?

The twats really need to feck off.

I wish we had someone like this overseeing our footballing decision makers:

daba

This just typifies the sheer lack of strategy and planning which has doomed this club for the past decade and also the next couple years minimum.

Caicedo should have been pitched as our Fred replacement within 2-3 years and signed for the measly 5m 18 months ago. Now we’re desperately trying to sign with two weeks left of a window for likely 10x that price.

Just wow.

DevTheRed

We did try to sign him from Ecuador last year during the winter window though before he landed at Brighton.

He's been a known talent for a while now and he had an excellent Copa America last summer to boot at 19
I remember us being in for him and we should’ve signed him then.. we do it far too often with talents like that and pay silly money for them a few years later.

But the only reason we’re in for him now is because he had a blinder against us.. had he played crap on the day we wouldn’t be in for him now.

Rolaholic

I remember us being in for him and we should’ve signed him then.. we do it far too often with talents like that and pay silly money for them a few years later.

But the only reason we’re in for him now is because he had a blinder against us.. had he played crap on the day we wouldn’t be in for him now.
He bossed us on the final day of the season last season as well

Stadjer

There are people that claim that players need to be premier league proven... other times people complain that players arent signed on the cheap from different leagues before they prove themself in the premier league (and their value rises... a lot) :lol:

Rolaholic

Will be crazy if he sells for 2x what Bissouma fetched
Younger and has no off the pitch issues clouding around him tbf

Bissouma would've gone for at least 40-50m if he didn't have those allegations hanging over his head.

It's a sensitive time for anything of that sort in the PL

lex talionis

To be fair, with this attitude you might as well give up on watching us?
Stating a fact doesn't allow the conclusion that one must give up on United.

We all agree that club management need to get a grip on the situation and that begins with the Glazers realizing what they have done to the club and that they must (well, hopefully) resolve to right ship and return the focus back to performances on the pitch and not just monetizing the assets of the club.

Many of us here liked the idea of bringing in Caicedo when we first heard about him a season or two ago, but a move like this right now reeks of a panic buy.

But I should retract my statement, which I hereby do, that we would just wreck Caicedo. We have a new manager and he should be given every benefit of the doubt.

CM

We're much better off proceeding with an offer for Caicedo than we are for Casemiro. Even then it's a tough ask, but Casemiro is a non-starter.

Stadjer

Bissouma would've gone for at least 40-50m if he didn't have that hanging over his head
Wasnt Bissouma his contract also going to expire in a year? Since he only sigend recently i assume Caicedo has years left on his contract.

GledTheRed

Bissouma would've gone for at least 40-50m if he didn't have those allegations hanging over his head.

It's a sensitive time for anything of that sort in the PL
And was in the last year of his deal.

Rolaholic

And yet was cleared moments after his transfer
Spurs took the gamble and it paid off, fair play to them. No other club was willing to though, especially not us given our recent history.

I don't blame the club for missing out on that as much as he was my favorite DM target the last 2 years. It's understandable

Enigma_87

You know who
Many of us here liked the idea of bringing in Caicedo when we first heard about him a season or two ago, but a move like this right now reeks of a panic buy.
It’s like you are on a poker table. Already took several hits and you are looking for pre-flop hand to put it all in.

then buy in and hit the reset button. A bit like United’s transfer policy in the last decade.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
No chance he comes or we spend stupid amounts when he was begging us to buy him last January

Irrational.

No, that is one thing we cannot blame the club for treading with caution.
Could we not have pounced immediately after the due diligence was done? Isn't that what Spurs did?

Yet we had the temerity to go after Arnautovic. Seems like we pick and choose when we tread with caution.

mu4c_20le

Could we not have pounced immediately after the due diligence was done? Isn't that what Spurs did?

Yet we had the temerity to go after Arnautovic. Seems like we pick and choose when we tread with caution.
Think he was officially cleared two weeks after spurs signed him. They took a chance

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
They will not sell him this late in the window for less than a stupid amount of money.

I rate this kid, but he's not worth the 70 million they will ask for

Resonance

Good strategy. If we buy everybody who dominates us during a game, they’ll be nobody left to compete against us. 3D Chess being played here.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Can’t see this happening. They’d probably want about 80m for him.

Al-T

Wasnt Bissouma his contract also going to expire in a year? Since he only sigend recently i assume Caicedo has years left on his contract.
Bissouma was in the last year of his contract and made it clear he wouldn't sign another. I believe the complaint against Bissouma was always vexatious. Brighton were seemingly nowhere near suspending him; emphasised by the fact that Sussex Police imposed no conditions on his going to AFCON.

Caiceido is under contract until 2025. Brighton don't need to sell him. They didn't want or need to sell Cucurella but having sold him and Bissouma, will be justifiably wary of letting Caiceido go this late into the window.

Tony Bloom has sold three players: White, Bissouma, Cucurella, for more money than it cost him to build the Amex Stadium. He won't back down on demanding a stratospheric fee for Caiceido. And nor should he. That's the way properly run clubs operate.

Ollie Derbyshire

Why didn’t we buy him before he went to Brighton? Usual incompetence from this club IF this is true.

NoPace

Bissouma was in the last year of his contract and made it clear he wouldn't sign another. I believe the complaint against Bissouma was always vexatious. Brighton were seemingly nowhere near suspending him; emphasised by the fact that Sussex Police imposed no conditions on his going to AFCON.

Caiceido is under contract until 2025. Brighton don't need to sell him. They didn't want or need to sell Cucurella but having sold him and Bissouma, will be justifiably wary of letting Caiceido go this late into the window.

Tony Bloom has sold three players: White, Bissouma, Cucurella, for more money than it cost him to build the Amex Stadium. He won't back down on demanding a stratospheric fee for Caiceido. And nor should he. That's the way properly run clubs operate.
Yeah, seems like from Brighton's perspective the big question is to sell in 2023 for huge money (say 60M) or sell in 2024 with one year to go for pretty big money (35-40M).

I guess potentially they could like Garner and accept like 40M and Garner this summer.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Im happy to park prior incompetence with Caceido as long as we get him now. This guy is the real deal whenever I see him play. Would be a huge lift in the midfield.

Al-T

Yeah, seems like from Brighton's perspective the big question is to sell in 2023 for huge money (say 60M) or sell in 2024 with one year to go for pretty big money (35-40M).

I guess potentially they could like Garner and accept like 40M and Garner this summer.
You may be right. My own view is that Brighton were relaxed about Bissouma going because with Caiceido, Mwepu and MacAllister playing deeper their midfield is not discernibly weakened. Garner had a good season in the Championship and has potential. Caiceido however has slotted seamlessly into Potter's system and already looks the real deal.

Cucurella was a big loss though. Caceido would be also. Bloom wants to establish Brighton as a top ten side and I'd say Caiceido is key to that. There's no way he goes on the cheap. And Bloom will know we are desperate.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Word has it they were interested in Brandon Williams at the start of the window.

£40mil
+ Brandon Williams (Permanent)
+ James Garner (12 month loan w/obligation to buy for £25mil after 25 starts)

Good fee for a player who has played about 18 PL games, get the left back replacement they wanted and a replacement in midfield who they get for a good price if he is good enough for them regularly.

Everyone wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.